Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Slabtown – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

Ok, the person that's going to come out of the bushes behind Daryl is.....William Shatner as William Shatner!

J/K of course, but on TD Andrew Lincoln was onced asked "if you could choose one guest star to appear on TWD playing as themselves akin to Bill Murray in Zombieland, who would you choose?" I thought his pick of William Shatner was so perfect that I'm rooting for it to happen one day.

• Love 3

Ok, the person that's going to come out of the bushes behind Daryl is.....William Shatner as William Shatner!

J/K of course, but on TD Andrew Lincoln was onced asked "if you could choose one guest star to appear on TWD playing as themselves akin to Bill Murray in Zombieland, who would you choose?" I thought his pick of William Shatner was so perfect that I'm rooting for it to happen one day.

I'm really really bothered that this thought had crossed my mind earlier as well.

• Love 1

I would pay to see that.

What's the "Live Chat" here? Is there a chatroom I missed? *peeks into all corners and rattles doorknobs*

Despite the fact this ep is Beth-centric (I am neither here nor there about her) I'm looking forward to this. We are scifi horror fans and with this hospital dystopia NWO setting it's going to be a creepy-as-hell little slice of medical scifi horror.

• Love 2

I feel like the powers that be are aware that Beth either has hardcore fans, or people who don't care the slightest, so they threw in the ~twist to last week's episode so those who care desperately about Carol will have to tune in to make sure she's at least alive. The Daryl/Beth episode last season is still my least favourite episode so I'm not terribly interested in tonight's episode but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I do enjoy the difference types of horrific people the writers dream up, so I'm curious as to who the hospital people are. 

• Love 1

I really don't care for Beth all that much (hate the singing), but I'd much rather watch her than The Three Stooges and Three Nitwits Following the Stooges. Might be a nice change of pace. At least she looks like she's had a bath in the previews.

• Love 1

I'm dreading this episode. My roommate loves Beth, so I wind up starting a fight when I yell at the TV for Beth to go away or stop being so annoying. Between a Beth episode on TWD and a Katrina episode on Sleepy Hollow, this week is shaping up poorly. It would take a awful lot for the writing and acting to turn around and entertain me tonight. Trying hard not to be so negative but...

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 6

When the show left the farm and went to the prison, I didn't even remember Beth.   I'm rewatching the seasons with a friend and I paid more attention to her, but I can see why I barely remembered her.  Other than Herschel and Maggie, most of the farm residents were basically redshirts and didn't survive.

Beth came across like that, but somehow made it.  I don't dislike her, but she isn't one of the most compelling characters, at least not yet.

Surprisingly, they had her playing 17 at the prison, but her real age is 29. 

• Love 1

I'm still betting Beth is back, that she's accompanied by several other young women who'd been kidnapped by the same people, and that Carol sacrificed herself to help them escape.  

A Carol sacrifice would really tick me off. Especially for Beth

• Love 8

Huh. Interesting! Could be. I know one side of Grady faces the highway (interstate), and I think the other is just downtown streets. I've always have heard that unless you had an urgent need, Grady was NOT the hospital to go to. :P

• Love 3

Cheer up! Emily Kinney is "special guest" on The Talking Dead tonight, so maybe Somebody Up There Likes Us!!

Ha, Kikismom! When they announced EK as the guest on TTD I got so excited! Then I thought "Nah, they're probably toying with me."

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 2

This will be my first live chat.  I am looking forward to it.  So glad I found a forum with polite, intelligent, respectful discussion of true fans.  

Welcome! Obviously you're already very funny!

OOh it is Grady.

Rotters

• Love 3

I'm assuming this is an Easter Egg by the show. But Slabtown was a red light district in Atlanta that is now Grady Hospital. I'm trying to decide if the window scene looks like the area around Grady.

You were right!

• Love 2

I'm assuming this is an Easter Egg by the show. But Slabtown was a red light district in Atlanta that is now Grady Hospital. I'm trying to decide if the window scene looks like the area around Grady.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Good call on Grady!

Geez! I thought my insurance was crappy. Beth wakes up from her coma and is immediately put to work!

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 3

Looks like Emily Kinney's going to be having some extra time in the makeup chair for the scar on her cheek for the remainder of her tenure on the show (not that I know how long that is).