Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Four Walls And A Roof

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Loved this episode! Watching the Talking Dead. Can the actress just please give Andrew J. west her number and stop fawning all over him. He's cute but comes across very arrogant and elitist-a lot like Gareth.

What I didn't like - the somewhat judgemental looks by Maggie, Glen et all. Please. You should know better by now.

I was wondering about that too. Why were they looking so shocked? What did they think was going to happen?

• Love 17

"Who Bart ?????"

Bart or Bert, I forget what Gareth called the nihilistic Terminite in the baseball hat whom Tyreese tenderized in the cabin while Carol plucked at the Terminus morsels.

• Love 1

I was wondering about that too. Why were they looking so shocked? What did they think was going to happen?

I thought what got to them was the violence of it, not that Rick and Co killed them.

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 5

What, exactly, is the proper temp to cook human to in order to kill the virus?

The Hunters probably travel with a meat thermometer. "145 degrees, guys! Time to eat!" Of course, Bob was already a bit feverish, so ...

Poor Bob. I hope he's found the peace that evaded him during his life. Good that Sasha was able to bring him a bit of happiness in his final days.

The scenes from next week look like "Beth, Interrupted." Still not missing her or her singing.

• Love 9

"Who Bart ?????"

Bart or Bert, I forget what Gareth called the nihilistic Terminite in the baseball hat whom Tyreese tenderized in the cabin while Carol plucked at the Terminus morsels.

I thought his name was Martin.

• Love 7

"Who Bart ?????"

Okay thanks, I thought it was Martin.

Good job with the role whatever his name was.

Edited by SoSueMe

I don't mean to lay into Maggie, but she can seriously needs to go. This is what I hate about romantic relationships in fiction. Once two characters get together, everyone else in their social circles (family, friends, coworkers) can just fuck off and die for all they care. Man, did Glenn and Maggie (especially Maggie) get hit with this hard.

You are laying into Maggie unfairly and totally misrepresenting how she has been portrayed on screen. Maggie and Glenn have been one of the best tv couples. They are both insanely bad assed together and apart. They have saved each other as well as risked their lives for others in the group. Gimple has not given them much to do and having them ignore both Hershel and Beth has been an oversight, but this does not mean that Maggie should go.

• Love 8

Thank you! That's what I said to my husband, and the only reason I was a bit shocked when Gareth was killed.

And, no, it wasn't part of what he said to Bob. He did mention Bob could have joined them, but he never said anything about going to DC and curing "this thing". I'm almost wondering if they spliced Abraham's words with Gareth's in the trailer to fuck with us.

Damn promomonkeys!

• Love 2

I think they must have known, but knowing and experiencing it must feel different, especially since they weren't able to lose themselves in the moment, the way the others in the group were. I think they're more used to the whole thing being agonizing. Rick just pulverizing people was probably too tough for them to fully process, since it's not like he's gone mad or is some type of monster. He's still "their" RIck, but he's also ruthless and unapologetic for it. And I think Glenn in particular struggles with this change and mindset.

• Love 4

My problem with Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita is that they haven't been fleshed out enough that I care about them or trust that their road trip has any meaning other than to give their lievs meaning ("We have a goal. Therefore we can get up each morning.") Other than their quest, I know nothing except that the males have bad hair. Now they're taking Glenn, Maggie,  and Tara with them, so I suppose we'll be getting updates? Or episodes devoted to thrir journey? Makes me wish they still had Skype. Happy for Michonne getting her katana back! Too bad Maggie wasn't as attached to Beth.
  "Tainted Meat" made me want to listen to Tainted Love.

• Love 10

They had to split up the group.  It is much too big now.  Some of the actors have been underutilized given the size of the cast - for example Michonne et al remaining locked in the box car during the first episode.

Thank you Mr. Gilliard for your fantastic performance as Bob.  I will miss you dearly.  But you needed to die, per show rules, as you were yet another character arguing for civility. If Santa (Herschel) had to die so must you.  The audience cannot have nice things.  

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 16

You are laying into Maggie unfairly and totally misrepresenting how she has been portrayed on screen. Maggie and Glenn have been one of the best tv couples. They are both insanely bad assed together and apart. They have saved each other as well as risked their lives for others in the group. Gimple has not given them much to do and having them ignore both Hershel and Beth has been an oversight, but this does not mean that Maggie should go.

I don't think Maggie or Glenn have ignored Hershel.

As for Beth - it's sloppy writing, and it's a choice I don't understand, but I don't agree that this is because they can only write Maggie as a girlfriend. We've seen her become close to Tara, and we also saw her concern and grief for Bob. 

I wonder how long they plan to keep them apart, it seems like most of the fan faves (Daryl, Michonne, Rick, Carol) stayed back.

Personally, I'm not interested in a whole episode with Eugene's bullshit routine, his two bodyguards, and the soon-to-be threesome that is Glenn, Maggie and Tara (although that could get interesting, if it were an HBO show).

Edited by minamurray78
  • Love 7

I think they must have known, but knowing and experiencing it must feel different, especially since they weren't able to lose themselves in the moment, the way the others in the group were. I think they're more used to the whole thing being agonizing. Rick just pulverizing people was probably too tough for them to fully process, since it's not like he's gone mad or is some type of monster. He's still "their" RIck, but he's also ruthless and unapologetic for it. And I think Glenn in particular struggles with this change and mindset.

I think you nailed it. Rick's group are fundamentally good people. It is not easy for them to kill human beings except in self-defense. It is difficult for them to face that kind of brutality. Glenn is probably having a hard time with this Rick, but he was not much different after Phillip threatened to rape Maggie. 

• Love 9

My problem with Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita is that they haven't been fleshed out enough that I care about them or trust that their road trip has any meaning other than to give their lievs meaning ("We have a goal. Therefore we can get up each morning.")

During Abraham's speech I was thinking that even his dialogue feels like it comes from a comic book or video game.  Its either a misstep on characterization or they are giving clues that Abraham is pretending to be military.

• Love 7

They had to split up the group.  It is much too big now.  Some of the actors have been underutilized given the size of the cast - for example Michonne et al remaining locked in the box car during the first episode.

While true I don't think they peeled off characters that would make much difference.  I feel a split of Rick/Daryl/Michonne coming.

• Love 1

Considering Glenn got to experience nearly being casually murdered at the trough at Terminus, followed by Bob getting to watch himself get eaten by them, I still think their response was RIDICULOUS.  And all this is even after dealing with the Governor.  If they're too tender to cope with Rick & Co, then good riddance.  Enjoy running off with people who actually believe Eugene's utterly noncredible story.

I don't think it's about tenderness as much as fear of what will happen to Rick and the group once they completely surrender to darkness. Glenn had the same problem when he was tortured by Merle and the Governor nearly raped Maggie. He was enraged and all he wanted to do was kill. He didn't like that man, and I don't think he likes the same in Rick. It's not the same thing, because Rick isn't enraged or blind, but it likely isn't something Glenn wants to see.

I thought he handled it in a more mature way than usual for this show. He didn't nag Rick. He didn't try to get a new leader, or become a leader. He just left with Maggie and Tara to try to help the world and to start over.

• Love 8

I wonder how long they plan to keep them apart, it seems like most of the fan faves (Daryl, Michonne, Rick, Carol) stayed back.

Personally, I'm not interested in a whole episode with Eugene bullsbit routine, his two bodyguards, and soon-to-be threesome ghat is Glenn, Maggie and Tara (although that could get interesting, if it were an HBO show).

I want them to give them ONE episode of this Washington thing, then be done. Either get there and find out and find that it's all gone, or find out that Eugene is lying, or it's true or whatever. I don't care. But repeating the same scene over and over, about WashingtonWashingtonWashington is getting old. I feel like Abe has repeated the same scene a few times by now.

• Love 16

Oh, I also liked how Rick went to help Tyreese with the grave and asked what had happened to him. I think Tyreese needs to talk about what happened to Mika and Lizzie. He seemed like he is ready to explode at the horror all around him.

• Love 5

The only thing missing from the Michonne/Katana reunion was a glow of heavenly light and some rocking guitar music.

I was waiting for her to hold it up to the light and start singing "My friend" from Sweeney Todd. She looked so complete with the katana in her hand once more.

"This is the Lord's house."

Nope, it stopped being the Lord's house when you stopped being a man of God and let your parishioners become walker chow.

Edited by magpye29
  • Love 13

I fear that Glenn isn't becoming Herschel after all; he is becoming Dale.

If he was Dale he would have given long, self-important speeches about the goodness of man. Glenn was just sort of, "Bye." 

He also stopped wearing stupid hats a few years ago.

• Love 7

Just occurred to me, Daryl wouldn't recognize Morgan if they met in the woods, right? Rick was the only one who knew him.

Michonne has met him.  That points to Morgan as a possibility.  Daryl meeting up with random guy and not calling him out of the woods until he can vouch for him but the other person knows him.  If anyone other than Rick, Carl, or Michonne was the first to see this person, I'd think its not Morgan.

I also think someone else (Rick) would be the first to be reunited with Beth.

• Love 1

Just occurred to me, Daryl wouldn't recognize Morgan if they met in the woods, right? Rick was the only one who knew him.

What got me was the way Daryl did it. As they said on TTD, if it was Carol she'd just come out.

I think if he found Beth he would be either triumphant or if she were injured he'd be running like he did with Carol in the Tombs...help she's hurt.

But if it was Morgan, why would Daryl look more uncomfortable than anything else? He'd either have someone he trusted was an old friend of Rick's, or he'd be suspicious and make the guy go first--in front of him--to keep an eye on him.

Daryl looked like he brought someone, but he was not feeling good about what the reaction would be, yet he said come on out...like it was Quasimodo or something.

• Love 3

Also, lucky for Tyresse that Carol was not around, or she might have brought him to task for that Termite (Martin) whom he claimed he had taken care of after wrapping his hands around Judith's neck. I though Rick might say something to him while they were digging graves, but I guess the group didn't share a minute-to-minute detail of the time they were apart.

• Love 4

Oh, I also liked how Rick went to help Tyreese with the grave and asked what had happened to him. I think Tyreese needs to talk about what happened to Mika and Lizzie. He seemed like he is ready to explode at the horror all around him.

Actually Rick was digging some random second hole and it made me wonder who else had died as I'm sure they weren't going to bury the Termites.

• Love 9

I don't know if Michonne would recognize Morgan. Yes, technically, she "met" him once. But he had a mask on, and it was only taken off after he was shot and unconscious. Then she and Carl left, so it's not like she spent any time talking to him, or even saw him with his eyes open. 

But still, it seems more likely to be him than any of the girls. But then where in the seven hells is Carol???

• Love 3

If he was Dale he would have given long, self-important speeches about the goodness of man. Glenn was just sort of, "Bye." 

He also stopped wearing stupid hats a few years ago.

Not necessarily;  I mean the judgmental look, the referee between Abe and Rick, the whole mournful negotiator stuff.

• Love 5

What got me was the way Daryl did it. As they said on TTD, if it was Carol she'd just come out.

I think if he found Beth he would be either triumphant or if she were injured he'd be running like he did with Carol in the Tombs...help she's hurt.

But if it was Morgan, why would Daryl look more uncomfortable than anything else? He'd either have someone he trusted was an old friend of Rick's, or he'd be suspicious and make the guy go first--in front of him--to keep an eye on him.

Daryl looked like he brought someone, but he was not feeling good about what the reaction would be, yet he said come on out...like it was Quasimodo or something.

But if it's Carol helping Beth (which is my hope), behind Daryl, then he's giving the all-clear that there aren't walkers or other threats in front of them. Daryl looked kind of banged up like they had a tough time back. So maybe he was just weary.

• Love 4
I also loved the poetic justice of Gareth dying whilst kneeling before Rick, just as he had Rick kneel before him at the trough.

Damn - didn't even catch that! But did catch the gleam of the red handle hanging on Rick's belt. Justice is served!

As for how Daryl walked out, all ominous - nah, that tone was just cliff-hangerness. I think they have Beth with them, but his words and tone were just meant to convey a feeling of "OMG!!"

• Love 2

Soooo, who do you think it could be?

• Love 2

Not necessarily;  I mean the judgmental look, the referee between Abe and Rick, the whole mournful negotiator stuff.

Oh. I can see that now. I guess I remember Dale more for his blather. 

I think, or hope, we just won't ever see a Dale-type again. I think Dale was probably the worst of Darabont (who did well with many others). 

• Love 3

I don't know if Michonne would recognize Morgan. Yes, technically, she "met" him once. But he had a mask on, and it was only taken off after he was shot and unconscious. Then she and Carl left, so it's not like she spent any time talking to him, or even saw him with his eyes open. 

But still, it seems more likely to be him than any of the girls. But then where in the seven hells is Carol???

If I'm remembering correctly, when they left Morgan he was up and about checking his booby traps. The three of them walked past him and Carl said something I can't remember as they walked past.

• Love 1

As far as I'm concerned the names "Glen" & " Maggie" are profanity. Let their names be stricken from the records

Tainted Meat is now not only my rally cry but the name of my band that I'm going to start

• Love 15

But if it's Carol helping Beth (which is my hope), behind Daryl, then he's giving the all-clear that there aren't walkers or other threats in front of them. Daryl looked kind of banged up like they had a tough time back. So maybe he was just weary.

Cool if it's Carol leading out ...Zombie Beth!

Daryl: I've got some good news, and some bad news...

If I'm remembering correctly, when they left Morgan he was up and about checking his booby traps. The three of them walked past him and Carl said something I can't remember as they walked past.

Carl said I'm sorry I shot you and Morgan told him don't ever be sorry. (Cos of Duane etc.)

• Love 5