Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Strangers

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

If they just leave Bob as is then they can rename him Tony

And it does make sense that some were bitten (Jim, Amy) and some were killed (Shane, Hershel) so the zombification time varies.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 1

Unless they throw him in the lake. Then he could hang on to Bob.

I feel so bad for laughing at this, but I'm cracking up here.

I wonder if the actor who plays Bob, will be the special guest on the Talking Dead, this week.

• Love 3

If they just leave Bob as is then they can rename him Tony

And it does make sense that some were bitten (Jim, Amy) and some were killed (Shane, Hershel) so the zombification time varies.

The doctor at the CDC also mentioned this, that the time varied from minutes to hours. So, people turn depending on what is the perfect moment for the plot, lol.

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 7

Tyreese actually did beat up Martin pretty severely. In fact, there's a deleted scene in which he is so late in joining the others for dinner that they seriously contemplate just giving him the cold shoulder.

Thank you, thank you. We'll be here all week. Try the flesh.

• Love 2

AngelaHunter QUOTE (sorry, the quote thing isn't working quite right).
I'm assuming (referring to Beth as being merely a possible repository for Daryl's penis) was referencing Beth's one dimensional character, but still, that's fairly icky & disturbing. Can we just say "love interest"?

Conveying tone is difficult in written words, so let me just say I am NOT being smart assed here. I'm just curious about what part of that is icky and disturbing? I tried to figure it out, but can't. Is it the actual words or...?

I ask because we watch this show and discuss (and make really cool jokes about) a living person having his leg cooked and eaten in front of him, people being devoured by flaming zombies and others having their throats slashed and bleeding out before our eyes, Rick ripping out a man's jugular with his teeth, one child killing another, etc., etc. all of which is well beyond the "Ick" point for me.

I wavered on whether on not to say anything, and I tried very hard not to sound as if I was jumping on anybody. If I did come off that way I apologize. I was really trying to gently broach the subject. I guess to me it's disturbing to call any woman a resting place for a man's penis. I do realize it was a joke, and that MightySparrow was likely speaking of how the character is written - as in, that's the only reason they created her character, to be someone Daryl has sex with. I just found it a disturbing thing to put into words. It seems reminiscent of rape culture to me. I'm not saying that's how it was meant (at all!!!), only that what's a joke for one person can become a casual slur to another. But maybe that's just me and I should just stop talking now.

• Love 2

I'm a little frustrated that we don't know for sure whether Bob got bitten by walkers. I'm hoping he was only so we can find out if that has any effect on the cannibals. Don't know why it would though since everyone is supposedly infected already. 

Oh why oh why did Bob, Carol and Daryl think wandering around at night was a good idea? Rhetorical question only. It's like asking during a horror movie why people are making fatally stupid decisions.

Carol's close to having the 1000 yard stare. She seems closer to the psychological abyss than others have noticed, except for maybe Daryl. Daryl seemed to be working Carol like Beth was working Daryl. Daryl seemed to be applying Beth 101 to draw Carol out and get her to open up some. 

The others are going to freak when they realize that Bob, Carol and Daryl are all missing. 

• Love 2

I'm a little frustrated that we don't know for sure whether Bob got bitten by walkers.

Someone elsewhere posted this pic of the leg 'o Bob-equed . Make of it what you will.

http://i.imgur.com/3owtX9v.gif

TexasChic, thanks for the reply. The thought of rape in connection with Daryl and Beth never crossed my mind - still doesn't - but the fact that we all have different points of view is what makes a forum interesting!

• Love 3

I wavered on whether on not to say anything, and I tried very hard not to sound as if I was jumping on anybody. If I did come off that way I apologize. I was really trying to gently broach the subject. I guess to me it's disturbing to call any woman a resting place for a man's penis. I do realize it was a joke, and that MightySparrow was likely speaking of how the character is written - as in, that's the only reason they created her character, to be someone Daryl has sex with. I just found it a disturbing thing to put into words. It seems reminiscent of rape culture to me. I'm not saying that's how it was meant (at all!!!), only that what's a joke for one person can become a casual slur to another. But maybe that's just me and I should just stop talking now.

I'm well aware of what rape culture is and don't need to be educated on it.  I also have never and will never make a joke about rape; it's not something I find amusing.  What I was referring to is the fact that the character of Beth was basically lawn furniture for four seasons until 'Still'. That episode gave birth to "Bethyl' and suddenly Beth is an important character and Emily Kinney was a significant actor on the show.  This wasn't based on Beth's character, her hopes and dreams or her abilities, just the possibility that Daryl would fuck her.  Hence, the 'repository of Daryl's penis' line.  I thought it was obvious I was making a joke.  Obviously I was wrong.  I'll try to be a little clearer next time.

• Love 7

Ok, I get it, not a lot of Beth fans on here, etc., etc.

BUT...

The post-Prison-collapse episodes of her and Daryl - wasn't that kind of the point of them? That Beth knew everybody thought she was worthless, simply because she hadn't had the chance yet to prove she was not? That she did, in fact, have a functional brain stem which was actually capable of handling more than the latest issue of Seventeen?

I don't think Beth is stupid. I *do* think she's uneducated in many of the world's ways - largely due to age, but also because she's been stuck on a farm with a fairly overprotective father.

When Beth and Daryl first started out as after the Prison's collapse, Daryl initially treated her as a hindrance - useless baggage he had unfortunately been chosen by Fate to lug around. Before Beth's kidnapping, however, I got the impression Daryl had developed some degree of respect for her. Why? Because she DID have a brain, she DID have an actual mind and personality of her own, and she COULD learn.

Short on practical knowledge? Yes, especially under current circumstances.

Incapable of learning? Don't bet on it.

• Love 8

I'm well aware of what rape culture is and don't need to be educated on it.  I also have never and will never make a joke about rape; it's not something I find amusing.  What I was referring to is the fact that the character of Beth was basically lawn furniture for four seasons until 'Still'. That episode gave birth to "Bethyl' and suddenly Beth is an important character and Emily Kinney was a significant actor on the show.  This wasn't based on Beth's character, her hopes and dreams or her abilities, just the possibility that Daryl would fuck her.  Hence, the 'repository of Daryl's penis' line.  I thought it was obvious I was making a joke.  Obviously I was wrong.  I'll try to be a little clearer next time.

I really thought that was what I said, so it seems I'm the one who needs to make the effort to be clearer. I didn't mean any offense. Guess it's best just to chalk it up to a communication issue and leave it at that.

• Love 3

I STILL don't understand why they haven't figured out a way for them to sleep in the trees.

Thank you!! In "show time," it's been a couple of years now, right? It seems like there would've been more adaptation by now, and that the show could portray some of that without losing the drama.

• Love 1

I've given the sleeping in trees thing a lot of thought as well. Personally I think I'd be living in a tree house. The only thing I can think of that would be a problem would be if the walkers saw you and began gathering underneath your tree. They would never leave and you'd be stuck. But that would be true of any location you choose, so I don't know.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 3

Ziplines; don't leave home without them.  Actually, you might not be able to leave home without them.  String them from tree to tree, or from balcony to balcony, chimney to chimney, whatever works as long as it keeps you off the ground.

• Love 9

years ago I saw a naturalist on PBS who got sick of climbing all the way up a Brazil nut tree, all the way down etc. But he couldn't put ziplines through the entire Amazon. So, he devised a method of using a crossbow (Daryl, listen up!) and firing it with lines, tree to tree, and he would spend 3 or 4 days up in the veryveryvery high treetops without having to come down.

If you're really interested in "horizontal tree-travel" here's a paper on it :  http://www2.humboldt.edu/redwoods/sillett/publications/dialEtAl2004.pdf

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 6

But what if Gareth's group saw you? And decided to make a campfire fifty feet away and then go to sleep under a beehive? You'd be better off reading a book on cake decorating so you could make yourself completely invisible.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4

I also think these would be something I'd want in a ZA; great for quick secure tree-climbing (linesman's boots) but also good for stomping walkers heads!http://www.sherrilltree.com/400_30225T.jpg

And I like this...I could never handle Daryl's crossbow with a 150 lb. pull?! No way! But something nice and quiet that doesn't constantly need new ammo yet can hit from a farther distance than a framing hammer!  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TOP-Professional-catapult-slingshot-Eagle-of-Sniper-G6/503585_340771065.html

• Love 2

I just now finished rewatch, and have gone from finding Tyreese and his two expressions - shocked or conflicted - merely very annoying to hating him.

Need to go kill a dozen walkers? Send 90lb Sasha and 110lb Bob and leave 250lb Tyreese sitting on his duff watching Carl watch Judith. Because we know that Tyreese is just so darling, so tender hearted and sweet he can't even stand taking out already dead zombies or killing a Termite who threatened to snap Judith's neck and would cheerfully kill and eat everyone else.

I guess Rick had to take the useless Preacher with him because he knew if he left him behind and he pulled some funny stuff that might endanger Carl and the baby, he couldn't count on Tyreese to protect them. He's probably stand there, looking mighty conflicted, as the good Father sold the kids to the Termites for a few cans of baked beans.

*Ahem*..sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

• Love 3

I also think these would be something I'd want in a ZA; great for quick secure tree-climbing (linesman's boots) but also good for stomping walkers heads!http://www.sherrilltree.com/400_30225T.jpg

And I like this...I could never handle Daryl's crossbow with a 150 lb. pull?! No way! But something nice and quiet that doesn't constantly need new ammo yet can hit from a farther distance than a framing hammer!  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TOP-Professional-catapult-slingshot-Eagle-of-Sniper-G6/503585_340771065.html

That's so funny, I've actually thought about how I would probably try to make a slingshot work for me. I read in some book where a woman made a formidable weapon out of a slingshot. I've also thought about raiding the nearest Army Navy surplus store, because that would be the most sensible clothing to wear. 

So a slingshot, combat boots and camo, a sleeping bag tied to a tree limb, and a zipline for an escape plan. I think we've got this figured out. LOL!

• Love 2

acknowledging Bob's profusely bleeding shoulder and torn clothing indicating a bite or scratch

I rewatched "Strangers" last night, and this simply didn't happen. Bob's clothing was pretty raggedy even before he went into the water, but there was no blood on his shoulder. If Bob got bitten, it was below the water line.

On a similar subject, Father Gabriel's clothes when they came upon him were in pretty bad shape as well. Dirty and threadbare at best, with what might be an actual tear (you could see frayed fabric) on the back of his left shoulder.

I just rewatched, too! I love(d) the chemistry between Bob and Sasha. I agree that something's eating Bob even before... something's eating Bob. I don't know whether I think he was crying because he got bit (I hope that's the reason just because I think it would make an interesting plot development) or whether he was emotionally exhausted from trying to stay positive for Sasha's sake.

I am even more convinced now that the whole "we'd do this to anyone, but it's poetic that it's you" speech from Gareth is using the collective "you." I don't think he knew Bob previously.

I feel the whole Abraham crusade to get everyone to go to Washington is shoehorned in. Why does he need Rick's crew? They can just break off and go their separate ways. I am starting to think all three of them are hiding something--they know Eugene doesn't have the cure. Abraham said something to Rosalita when Michonne killed a walker early on, something about that being their opening, and Rosalita said "fair enough," but she looked really reluctant, even pained.

The food run made no sense! Climb in the water instead of sticking the walkers with broom handles from above? Push shelves of food over to knock walkers down? Great, now you've got walkers lurking underwater AND you're going to have to fish out all the canned goods you just knocked over. Huge kudos to the makeup team, though--I love when they do waterlogged zombies.

Nathan Fillion said on TTD a previous season that he would tie a rope high in one tree, then sleep in the one next to it. If surrounded by walkers, he could Tarzan out of there.

Edited by Malaprop cocktail
  • Love 7

Nathan Fillion said on TTD a previous season that he would tie a rope high in one tree, then sleep in the one next to it. If surrounded by walkers, he could Tarzan out of there.

And that's why Nathan Fillion is my secret husband.

• Love 3

ITA about the slingshot. Daryl's crossbow is good for hunting deer, but since he mostly uses it for rabbits, which you can kill with a BB gun, and Walkers, which despite being able to bite through a shoe apparently have skulls made of cardboard, it's kind of overkill.

Actually, as flimsy as these walkers are, I'll bet BB guns would be pretty effective, too. 

Or, if they're all standing in a pool of water below you, you could... I don't know, drop a few bricks on them?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3

Unless they throw him in the lake. Then he could hang on to Bob.

Of course, if he dies/turns - then he would be Rob Zombie, wouldn't he?

Unless they chop him into bite size nuggets, then they can call him Shish-ka-Bob(sp?)

Someone elsewhere posted this pic of the leg 'o Bob-equed . Make of it what you will.

http://i.imgur.com/3owtX9v.gif

TexasChic, thanks for the reply. The thought of rape in connection with Daryl and Beth never crossed my mind - still doesn't - but the fact that we all have different points of view is what makes a forum interesting!

Why skip the foot? I thought that filet of sole was tasty.

• Love 6

I'm new to this forum and to Walking Dead.  My son got me into it and I binged watched 4 seasons over a long weekend.  Crazy fun!

Your experience is similar to mine.  I never watched the show until I marathoned the first season, and the first half of the second season.  I think that's part of the reason why I never got sick of the farm, and I never hated Lori or Andrea.

I also feel like TPTB are forcing Tara on us and sorry, I ain't buying it. She will forever be untied bootlace trippin girl. All this admiration for her not firing a shot. PSHAW. She was in shock, hiding behind her girlfriend who shot anything that moved. Anyway this isn't exactly germane to this thread so I'll stop. At some point (hopefully soon) she'll trip headlong into a gaggle of deadies and that'll be that.

I do like Tara, and your post reminded me of something else I like about her.  Rick's gang can so easily forgive Tara, because she never fired a shot (vouched for by Glenn, if necessary).  Rick's gang killed Tara's girlfriend.  I don't think that Tara saw the shooter (Lizzie) but she apparently accepts that her group was in the wrong during the siege, and doesn't hold it against anyone.  Not that she should, of course.  Just a thought.

I mentioned previously that I liked that Carol and Daryl knew each other so well, that she knew - by him staring at her - that he wanted her to tell him what happened.  I've always really liked their bond.  In retrospect, the same was true of the scene at the car.  He knew that he could yell at her to get in the car (reminded me of the scene when he saved her at the farm on the motorcycle) and she'd respond, and she knew she could jump in the car and take off to potential danger, without asking questions.  Something which, in my opinion, shows Carol's lack of selfishness.  But I guess it could be said that she was just making sure her love interest wasn't alone with Beth.  Something I don't believe.  I think Carol is just finding it hard to deal with the down time.  That's too much time to think about what happened.

• Love 7

Of course!

I just had an epiphany regarding WHY the Termites ate Bob's leg first, vs. arms or other -ah- delicacies.

It's because, deep down under it all, they're extremely health-conscious.

And now under NO circumstances would Bob be considered fast food .

• Love 6

I just now finished rewatch, and have gone from finding Tyreese and his two expressions - shocked or conflicted - merely very annoying to hating him.

Need to go kill a dozen walkers? Send 90lb Sasha and 110lb Bob and leave 250lb Tyreese sitting on his duff watching Carl watch Judith. Because we know that Tyreese is just so darling, so tender hearted and sweet he can't even stand taking out already dead zombies or killing a Termite who threatened to snap Judith's neck and would cheerfully kill and eat everyone else.

I guess Rick had to take the useless Preacher with him because he knew if he left him behind and he pulled some funny stuff that might endanger Carl and the baby, he couldn't count on Tyreese to protect them. He's probably stand there, looking mighty conflicted, as the good Father sold the kids to the Termites for a few cans of baked beans.

*Ahem*..sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

As far as they know, Tyreese did protect them. They don't know the man wasn't dead. I'm not totally sure Tyreese knows. Considering that Rick, after urging from some of his group, left a host of people alive who would be far more of a danger to his daughter than Father Gabriel, he wouldn't have much room to judge.

I don't think Tyreese has ever shown them that he is a huge liability on missions. We saw him on two - one he didn't have a problem on and the other he was a mess right after he'd discovered that his girlfriend had been stabbed to death, dragged outside, and set on fire.

Sasha is very capable, and Bob would have been if he hadn't gotten overconfident. I think Tyreese staying behind was as much about knowing Judith is close to him as it was about Tyreese not being a big zombie-slayer.

• Love 1

ITA about the slingshot. Daryl's crossbow is good for hunting deer, but since he mostly uses it for rabbits, which you can kill with a BB gun, and Walkers, which despite being able to bite through a shoe apparently have skulls made of cardboard, it's kind of overkill.

Actually, as flimsy as these walkers are, I'll bet BB guns would be pretty effective, too. 

Or, if they're all standing in a pool of water below you, you could... I don't know, drop a few bricks on them?

http://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-buck-105-air-rifle.html  

these are nice too https://www.google.com/search?q=airgun+handgun&client=firefox-a&hs=vxx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&imgil=F0dyTD-fkVzKyM%253A%253ByWkIJAagrZ9rcM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.airguns.net%25252Freviews_gamo_p23_1.php&source=iu&pf=m&fir=F0dyTD-fkVzKyM%253A%252CyWkIJAagrZ9rcM%252C_&usg=__pZH-Sr0OELzRFZXqtukK-jy0uRI%3D&biw=1366&bih=608&ved=0CDsQyjc&ei=_h9KVLmnJ9DIgwTLv4DADw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=F0dyTD-fkVzKyM%253A%3ByWkIJAagrZ9rcM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.airguns.net%252Fimages_reviews%252Fgamo_p23_1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.airguns.net%252Freviews_gamo_p23_1.php%3B360%3B265

My thoughts exactly! bb/pellet have come a long way and they now have mags that can hold up to 400 shot without reloading! and as you said walkers are a bit flimsy. I figure you put enough rounds through the eye or mouth, anything living or dead would have it's brain exploded. And the new guns have much more power...the same fps and many regular firearms! The one above isn't much but they go up to 1500 fps.But you can turn on a dime and take out a bunny or dove. And it's quiet!!! No silencer needed...and no flash suppressor needed because there is no gunpowder.

The old ones needed lots of compressed air cartridges or constant pumping, but not the new ones. Many hunters are going back to these guns  for lots of reasons...not to mention you don't need a ton of license/registration/etc.

Don't forget the mags may hold 400 rounds, but the jar the pellets come in holds up to 6000 at a pound! Regular ammo 1 lb. will get you 100 shots...wouldn't you rather have 6000...especially if you keep traveling on foot?

I'm not saying don't have a regular firearm for the Dave/Tony/Merletone types.But for lots of walkers and hunting, I'd insist on a pettlet/BB gun.

Quackenbush even makes one that is a .50 cal.---which is crazy, and hunters have used it to bag antelope, whitetail and a buffalo! But it isn't repeating so it's more of a novelty.

You could kill rabbits and squirrels better with a BB/pellet gun...plus you can get small game birds and doing that with a crossbow, regular bow, or Colt Python is ridiculous. But there are a lot more birds around, and dove, mourning dove (in the south) , quail etc make very good eatin'!

Grampa's old friends wouldn't bother pulling feathers out before cooking, they'd mix clay with a little water and glob it to cover the bird and cook it like that...when done the clay would break off with all the feathers and any other stuff; plus bonus the bird would be tender and juicy and not stringy and dried out like bird meat can get when cooked with fire.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 4

My dislike of Tara probably stems from the fact she was introduced in the Governor-centric eps. I was like, damn we don't need more characters when the ones we do have are underdeveloped. Then she's all tough talking but has been living off spaghettios and shooting walkers in the chest for the duration of the ZA. And we get the ridic bootlace tripping scene. Oh, and she gets stuck in a pile of rocks during Glenn's tunnel of stupidity scene and after that she falls and twists her ankle? ! Ugh. Get off my screen you annoying plot device.

Now this isn't to say I want to see a bunch of super heroes running around the ZA. One of the reasons I enjoyed the Last Supper was seeing them be so human --being comfortable and safe for a moment, enjoying some creature comforts with their family, catching their breath. But it would've been even better if the away team had changed their clothes, as has been mentioned. First of all, I would've speared those basement water zombies from above (or at least tried to) and secondly I would've grabbed anything off the racks of clothing we did see there and burned what I was wearing after being in the muck, which as much as it stank, should've been full of disease pathogens as well. Fuck that!

• Love 6

Personally I think I'd be living in a tree house. The only thing I can think of that would be a problem would be if the walkers saw you and began gathering underneath your tree.

I wouldn't encourage them to set up anything permanent. Every time they settle somewhere, it goes to shit. At this point, I think they need to be nomadic, so I'd say set up a bunch of sling-like things up in the trees (like what they used to use in the holds of ships way back in the day) but secure themselves to the tree so they can't roll out by mistake. Walkers have shit vision and don't seem smart enough to look up. If you get a bit of a herd around your trees, make sure that you either have an escape plan ready or plenty of weapons up top to use from your superior vantage point.

• Love 3

So, kikismom, will you give us all your address so we can come over to your house in case there really is a ZA?  I guess it'll be the one with houses built in the trees, with zip lines connecting them, and there'll be an armory, and a 1st class kitchen with lots of clay.

• Love 4

I think the only reason every hide-out turns to shit is that as soon as they move in, they have non-stop activity outdoors that is visible (and audible) for a mile, cars, trucks even a motorcycle are driving in and out, people are trotting out horses, etc. Jesus, why not a Ferris Wheel for the kids?

• Love 7

you can all come over.

Bring your own penicillin, contraceptives, and recreational "garden stuff"

Bring basic tools to help me (i want this:  https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3837/14336872185_3fe70169b4_o.jpg

http://0.static.wix.com/media/622fde_e42503aa3d35e955fa1aa1133a34512a.jpg_1024

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-twnIdyX2Irk/TZJpDDXhU-I/AAAAAAAAAFI/I1QoFp-z7H0/s1600/780-480-.jpg

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2235368/83777581.jpg

So, kikismom, will you give us all your address so we can come over to your house in case there really is a ZA?  I guess it'll be the one with houses built in the trees, with zip lines connecting them, and there'll be an armory, and a 1st class kitchen with lots of clay.

• Love 3

I don't agree with the living in trees theory. Way too much exposure to other people. In this ZA, you need to hide from people and just learn to protect yourself from walkers. There just aren't too many escape options in a tree. You need walls, I agree with Rick on that.

I rewatched No Sanctuary (AGAIN) last night and I'm pretty confident Ukon Cornelius (Tyrese) said "I took care of it. I killed him. I had to. So I did. I believe he believes he killed the guy. I also believe what happened would have happened regardless if he killed Gumby or not

• Love 4

I don't agree with the living in trees theory. Way too much exposure to other people. In this ZA, you need to hide from people and just learn to protect yourself from walkers. There just aren't too many escape options in a tree. You need walls,

I do prefer the idea of living in a rock cave, or large slot canyon, or something that is already part of the environment, without windows and stuff open to the outside.These are often lucky enough to have a water source. It would be fireproof, keep sound low or inaudible, temp control in seasons.

But I did think when they picked a place, they needed outposts...to keep from coming directly back to camp and being followed, or to spy on gangs or herds moving through, or to have a quick hide in the event of injury for instance. Some little place above in the trees where walkers and scavengers don't look. Long enough to be safe, sleep, get a bloody wound bandaged, until the group came looking for you---and they would at least have an idea where to look if you had some boltholes.

These cave communities in Cappadocia Turkey are a dream of mine to visit someday....http://farm4.static.flickr.com

/3044/2994969257_45d43cccce.jpg      http://www.hotel-in-cappadocia.com/level9_cms/images_user/NEU20110402/Sira/003SiraWohnen.jpg

Maybe my mother read me too many gnome stories as a child; I should have been a Hobbit. With an air pistol.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 6

I rewatched No Sanctuary (AGAIN) last night and I'm pretty confident Ukon Cornelius (Tyrese) said "I took care of it. I killed him. I had to. So I did. I believe he believes he killed the guy. I also believe what happened would have happened regardless if he killed Gumby or not

I can't make up my mind if he knew (or strongly thought) he killed the guy.  But I think it's a mistake to leave someone without a shot (or plunge) to the head.  I know Rick did it at Terminus.  But I think it's stupid.  That could be the dead guy who winds up biting you at a point.

Tyrese's character has always swung back and forth with the whole killing thing.

I was thinking: what would have happened if another Walker (or two) had stepped from the woods when Carol was on the ground with the one she had stabbed (on the railroad tracks leading to Terminus).  And the Walker was in arm's reach of Tyrese and, hence, Judith.  What would Tyrese have done then?  Yell for Carol?

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 5

I do prefer the idea of living in a rock cave, or large slot canyon, or something that is already part of the environment, without windows and stuff open to the outside.These are often lucky enough to have a water source. It would be fireproof, keep sound low or inaudible, temp control in seasons.

But I did think when they picked a place, they needed outposts...to keep from coming directly back to camp and being followed, or to spy on gangs or herds moving through, or to have a quick hide in the event of injury for instance. Some little place above in the trees where walkers and scavengers don't look. Long enough to be safe, sleep, get a bloody wound bandaged, until the group came looking for you---and they would at least have an idea where to look if you had some boltholes.

These cave communities in Cappadocia Turkey are a dream of mine to visit someday....http://farm4.static.flickr.com

/3044/2994969257_45d43cccce.jpg      http://www.hotel-in-cappadocia.com/level9_cms/images_user/NEU20110402/Sira/003SiraWohnen.jpg

Maybe my mother read me too many gnome stories as a child; I should have been a Hobbit. With an air pistol.

Oh I've always wanted to go there too, count me in!

I hope someone has some of the termites ideas in the back of their head for when they do set up camp.  They may be  horrible people that HOPEFULLY will be dead in an episode or two, but they had their shit together!  Why they haven't scavenged up some radios in all this time is beyond me.  Also, have six outposts to redirect herds of Walkers from where you are living with fireworks?  Much more efficient than just poking them through the fence.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 3