Type keyword(s) to search

To Subscribe Or Not To Subscribe, That Is The Question: Paid Streaming Services

• Start Topic

On 5/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

Again, the part that mystifies me is whether you have to bring the devices over to the main location and log them all in, or you just have to mostly be logged in at least once a month at the main location.  I think it is the latter.  I don't think they want me to lug our three extra Roku devices from Long Island back to NYC just to log them in.  I think they realize that is not something the public will agree to.  

Reading the FAQ is specifically says to login with a mobile device on your home network at least once a month and then once you arrive at your destination. I saw someone interpret that to mean logging in on the mobile device allows you to use other devices at the second location. That would make sense but it also seems like something that could easily fail and make things difficult. 

I saw another report from someone who contacted Netflix support who was told that the primary location could be switched up to once a month. It will lock out the previous primary location but that would work for anyone who spends a prolonged period of time in a second location. 

6 minutes ago, Dani said:

Reading the FAQ is specifically says to login with a mobile device on your home network at least once a month and then once you arrive at your destination. I saw someone interpret that to mean logging in on the mobile device allows you to use other devices at the second location. That would make sense but it also seems like something that could easily fail and make things difficult. 

I saw another report from someone who contacted Netflix support who was told that the primary location could be switched up to once a month. It will lock out the previous primary location but that would work for anyone who spends a prolonged period of time in a second location. 

More confusion.  I had those same pieces of information without any real certainty about how this will work.  That prolonged period option doesn't work for someone like me who just goes back and forth every week or so and would use both locations within any single week (and not to mention my office).  Each of these scenarios creates some problem for me.  The additional problem is I would have to devote precious time to keeping my Netflix account active when I might not want to watch it that week.  Gah. 

• Like 2

I only watch Netflix in bed, so I couldn't see very well last night when it asked me to verify my device; I think I clicked on the wrong thing, and probably set mine as the primary, which will lock out my parents.  Sigh.  I knew that was going to happen, since mine gets used so much more and looks like the primary IP address.  When my mom gets back from vacation, I'll have to tell her to see if she can access it from her TV.  If not, they'll probably cancel the whole thing.  Gee, Netflix, I don't think that's what you were going for.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I only watch Netflix in bed, so I couldn't see very well last night when it asked me to verify my device; I think I clicked on the wrong thing, and probably set mine as the primary, which will lock out my parents.  Sigh.  I knew that was going to happen, since mine gets used so much more and looks like the primary IP address.  When my mom gets back from vacation, I'll have to tell her to see if she can access it from her TV.  If not, they'll probably cancel the whole thing.  Gee, Netflix, I don't think that's what you were going for.

Likewise, it turns out the daughter whose account I clicked through (also while in bed, heh) is out of town now and won't be home until after she visits here next week.

Anyone else here who can test this sooner?

@shapeshifterI can test.  I will log in in NYC later this afternoon.  Then I am going to Long Island tomorrow.  I think I can change my location when I get to Long Island.  I actually called Netflix a bit earlier, and the person who answered (clearly at an overseas call center) knew what I was talking about.  She claimed that I can switch back and forth as many times as I want and not be locked out.  That doesn't exactly match up with the other things I've seen.  But we shall see.  She claimed she was passing along feedback about this issue.  She must be getting an earful. 

@Bastet I think if your mother is locked out you will be able to get her back on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

I’ll be reading what happens.  I’m going to watch Netflix from home base later tonight and probably be at the country house tomorrow or Sunday.  I used to be at both places every week, but haven’t been staying there the way I used to, however, that will change soon.  I’ll post what happens.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Thanks 2

Here's an update that won't give closure to anyone.  I logged in in NYC last night, and it did not ask me again for the credentials or to pick a primary household.  I came out to Long Island this morning and just logged in and was not asked for anything.  Recall that yesterday I spoke directly to a Netflix rep who looked at my account.  Perhaps my account has been flagged to be left alone. 

Obviously more to come. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Here's an update that won't give closure to anyone.  I logged in in NYC last night, and it did not ask me again for the credentials or to pick a primary household.  I came out to Long Island this morning and just logged in and was not asked for anything.  Recall that yesterday I spoke directly to a Netflix rep who looked at my account.  Perhaps my account has been flagged to be left alone. 

Obviously more to come. 

I’m shocked you can actually speak with a Netflix rep. Lol

The only large Corp rep that I’m ever able to speak with is Apple and that’s because I pay for Apple Care.  Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m shocked you can actually speak with a Netflix rep. Lol

The only large Corp rep that I’m ever able to speak with is Apple and that’s because I pay for Apple Care.  Lol

I was amazed that they picked up and without much waiting.  I'm guessing they staffed up big time for calls about this new announcement. 

• Like 1

There is no way they will be able to pull this off without pissing off a lot of people and losing customers. It's just too complicated, so even if they could get the algorithms to work people will still be confused. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in a month.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

There is no way they will be able to pull this off without pissing off a lot of people and losing customers. It's just too complicated, so even if they could get the algorithms to work people will still be confused. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in a month.

For sure, a lot of people are just going to give up and cancel their subscriptions. 

23 hours ago, Bastet said:

When I did it they required two step verification so as long as the account owner doesn’t use the link to verify your tv was at the primary location nothing should change. The verification link expires after 15 minutes. You can check to see if you did set the primary location through the get help menu on your tv. 

33 minutes ago, possibilities said:

The article posted upthread says that where it's been done already, they lost some subscribers, but gained more than they lost and it did increase their revenue.

Yep. They are counting on the US following the same pattern they saw in Canada. Although Netflix has more to offer and less competition outside the US so we’ll have to see if they are right. 

58 minutes ago, Dani said:

When I did it they required two step verification so as long as the account owner doesn’t use the link to verify your tv was at the primary location nothing should change. The verification link expires after 15 minutes.

There wouldn't have been an email sent, as I managed to back out of that screen (which is what I was trying to do on the initial "verify this device" screen).

59 minutes ago, Dani said:

You can check to see if you did set the primary location through the get help menu on your tv. 

I hate all things technical, so I'll first have my mom see if she can access it, and then if there's a problem, delve farther to see what I may have done on my end.

• Like 2

I keep getting bumped out of Amazon Prime, or at least Britbox. I've updated Prime and then uninstalled and reinstalled it since I got bumped again. Is anyone else having issues?

10 hours ago, ABay said:

I opened Netflix via Roku and didn't get a message. Now I feel so left out...

Maybe because I only use it one device at one location?

Same. I even went hunting for the notification. And all Netflix wanted to do was tell me about new stuff coming that I don't care about. 

18 hours ago, Dani said:

so as long as the account owner doesn’t use the link to verify your tv was at the primary location nothing should change. The verification link expires after 15 minutes.

When I texted my daughter the next day about the email that she should have received, she said she thought it was spam and deleted it. 
I suspect this will be a common reaction. 

• LOL 4
On 5/27/2023 at 1:49 PM, Dani said:

Yep. They are counting on the US following the same pattern they saw in Canada. Although Netflix has more to offer and less competition outside the US so we’ll have to see if they are right. 

It will be interesting to see how their US market handles these changes. I can see how it would probably go over better in Canada.  

• Like 1
On 5/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

More confusion.  I had those same pieces of information without any real certainty about how this will work.  That prolonged period option doesn't work for someone like me who just goes back and forth every week or so and would use both locations within any single week (and not to mention my office).  Each of these scenarios creates some problem for me.  The additional problem is I would have to devote precious time to keeping my Netflix account active when I might not want to watch it that week.  Gah. 

That should not be a problem if I interpret your post correctly. If you use your device regularly (at least once a month) at your account's primary location then you should be able to also use that device at other locations.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, paulvdb said:

That should not be a problem if I interpret your post correctly. If you use your device regularly (at least once a month) at your account's primary location then you should be able to also use that device at other locations.

There are Roku devices at the second home that do not travel back and forth.  That's the confusion.  Again, to be continued. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

There are Roku devices at the second home that do not travel back and forth.  That's the confusion.  Again, to be continued. 

Do you mean you only use Roku at one location?

(edited)
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Do you mean you only use Roku at one location?

No (possible TMI), we have six Roku devices, they are all permanently wired in with ethernet cables, three TV sets in each location.  So we can watch TV/streaming in any of those rooms (living room, bedroom, kitchen).  We access all the streaming services on the Roku devices, instead of the smart TV (we toggle between Roku and cable TV service).  It's actually easier.  Some of our older TVs are not even smart TVs.  The Roku devices are just a means of channeling all the streaming services.  Also, sometimes I will watch on an iPad, if I'm sitting in another room.  I sometimes do a jigsaw puzzle in the dining room, where there's no TV, and prop up an iPad to watch a movie or show at the same time.  Or I prop up the iPad on my treadmill or spin bike.   Sometimes I log in to the streaming services on my office computer, which is on a third IP address.  It's a PC, so it doesn't have apps.  Each service is logged in at the company's web site.  Sometimes I take an iPad to the gym, where they have a different IP address.  And so it goes. 

Yes, it seems excessive . . . but that's what we have.  But to get back to the Netflix problem, we only ever watch Netflix one at a time!  I guess I might be watching Netflix in one room and my husband might be watching Disney or something else.  But we don't watch two different Netflix shows at the same time.  As I said last week:  FU Netflix.   As I also said last week, I know these are First World problems. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

No (possible TMI), we have six Roku devices, they are all permanently wired in with ethernet cables, three TV sets in each location.  So we can watch TV/streaming in any of those rooms (living room, bedroom, kitchen).  We access all the streaming services on the Roku devices, instead of the smart TV (we toggle between Roku and cable TV service).  It's actually easier.  Some of our older TVs are not even smart TVs.  The Roku devices are just a means of channeling all the streaming services.  Also, sometimes I will watch on an iPad, if I'm sitting in another room.  I sometimes do a jigsaw puzzle in the dining room, where there's no TV, and prop up an iPad to watch a movie or show at the same time.  Or I prop up the iPad on my treadmill or spin bike. 

Very similar to what I and my nearby daughter's family do.
Except I think all of our not-smart TVs have died now.

My globe-trotting daughter rarely watches anything, but currently I seem to be on her Netflix, LOL.

My OG iPad just sits in a box. But sometimes I use my iPhone that way.
New question: Does anyone stream TV on a Google Pixel phone?
If so, can you compare it to doing so on an iPhone/iPad?
If not, I'll do some googling.

Additional sidebar
After I signed up for Hulu last fall(?) it gave me options for ads, and I selected the TV Dad commercial because it was upbeat and not annoying. 
Now, although I will not change my insurance unless I get a tremendous price break, I adore my "TV Dad." LOL.
If I was still employed with my stressful boss, I would have the Progressive TV Dad ready to play at a moment's notice for therapy:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

PS:  Don't tell anyone, but we gave our Disney password to my broke-ass brother-in-law.  He loves the Star Wars and Marvel stuff.  He finally got internet at his apartment after a number of years without.  However, I didn't want to give him the Netflix password because we had started to hear stirrings about the new program.  He somehow got a Netflix account, so for now we are okay there.  He's practically a dependent, although we don't claim him on our taxes.  So I don't feel guilty! 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

New question: Does anyone stream TV on a Google Pixel phone?
If so, can you compare it to doing so on an iPhone/iPad?

I watch a lot on my Samsung phone - any recent Android shouldn't be any different than the Pixel. The apps are sometimes a little different than the iPad but nothing major. 

That said, I've never tried to watch anything on the Apple Tv service. I have some iTunes purchased videos that I have to watch on the computer or the iPad. 

• Thanks 1

My mom is home from vacation, and I went to my parents' house last night.  She can still get into Netflix despite me accidentally verifying my device (I meant to click Not Now or whatever it was, but instead clicked Verify, which brought me to the second screen, where it was going to send an email [to my mom, who would presumably have to click on a link], and that time I was able to squint well enough to click the right thing and say not now).  She chose Not Now, but I think next time she goes to use it (in the next few days, when some show of hers starts a new season), she'll verify it on that first screen, too, and then see if having two devices verified using two different IP addresses causes it to toss up a flag.  Or she'll just keep putting it off.  Who knows?  This whole thing is so stupid. 

And I really wish I hadn't clicked the wrong thing.  Because at some point Not Now is going to run out and we're going to have to verify, and I'd have wanted to do that with my Fire stick at their house, not mine.

• Hugs 2

Coming here with a Netflix password update, but that post makes me think we should all quit our subscriptions. 
Update: my friend’s dad got cut off Netflix yesterday. He was sharing with another daughter. They may end up giving him the $7.99 extension. 

• Mind Blown 1

Netflix in my bedroom kept crapping out, so I had to watch in the living room, next to the modem. Probably that's an ISP issue, but Hulu isn't doing that.
Maybe Netflix has higher resolution? 
Both my TVs are high resolution in comparison to what I grew up with in the 60s, LOL, but not as high as what my son-in-law bought for several $K.

Meanwhile, re Netflix sharing:
My oldest daughter whose Netflix I share was here for a visit and pointed out that if they wanted to track her location via her phone, she *was* here.
Plus, she spends most of her time working long hours of overtime to finance her globe-trotting trips to marathon events, and often is off the grid hiking, so there are few times when it might look like she was watching Netflix in Oregon one minute and in NY the next. 

Note to any Netflix Co. lurkers:
paranoid? Who, me?
My Netflix daughter and I are both single adult females who live alone and don't use Netflix that often, so I do not feel any guilt that we are using one account.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

My Netflix daughter and I are both single adult females who live alone and don't use Netflix that often, so I do not feel any guilt that we are using one account.

And you shouldn't! This whole thing is ridiculous.

I had Netflix for years, it was the one streaming service I kept every month, but I ended up deciding once all this news came out to just get it when I have a specific show to watch. I cancelled a few months ago and reupped on the 1st of this month for Never Have I Ever. Anyway, I haven't got the message like the ones you guys got yet. I thought I probably would when I resubscribed but nope.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The other companies are probably watching what happens, too.  I'm really considering voting with my feet.  I can re-up from time to time.  I finished The Crown this weekend.  I would have binged it back in November, but I got my husband interested in it (he'd never watched previous seasons), and he did not have time to watch except in dribs and drabs, and I waited to watch it with him.  I am watching Emily the Criminal and will finish it later.  I watched a couple of series recently (Diplomat and Night Agent).  I had lost interest in Never Have I Ever and didn't continue after season 1.  I can re-up later.  Even if only a month from now, I've saved $16 and they've lost $16.  They may decide they won't allow periodic re-upping.  Ugh. 

I think the high price they have now represents a reaction to periodic re-upping.  And the higher they make it the more that will happen.  With other losses they decide to crack down on password sharing.  But this is a natural phenomenon.  People aren't stupid.  I have inertia, but many people don't, and they are very intentional with their re-upping among different streaming services. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

The other companies are probably watching what happens, too.  I'm really considering voting with my feet.  I can re-up from time to time.  I finished The Crown this weekend.  I would have binged it back in November, but I got my husband interested in it (he'd never watched previous seasons), and he did not have time to watch except in dribs and drabs, and I waited to watch it with him.  I am watching Emily the Criminal and will finish it later.  I watched a couple of series recently (Diplomat and Night Agent).  I had lost interest in Never Have I Ever and didn't continue after season 1.  I can re-up later.  Even if only a month from now, I've saved $16 and they've lost $16.  They may decide they won't allow periodic re-upping.  Ugh. 

I think the high price they have now represents a reaction to periodic re-upping.  And the higher they make it the more that will happen.  With other losses they decide to crack down on password sharing.  But this is a natural phenomenon.  People aren't stupid.  I have inertia, but many people don't, and they are very intentional with their re-upping among different streaming services. 

Absolutely. I cancel Netflix for months at a time and do the same for my other services. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I had Netflix for years, it was the one streaming service I kept every month, but I ended up deciding once all this news came out to just get it when I have a specific show to watch. I cancelled a few months ago and reupped on the 1st of this month for Never Have I Ever. Anyway, I haven't got the message like the ones you guys got yet. I thought I probably would when I resubscribed but nope.

That's what I want to do but Netflix has the best "what's coming up" setup and you can't access that without being logged in. 

I have yet to find a better way to see what Netflix has coming up.  Even the lists that get published don't appear to be all-inclusive.

So, after going over to my parents' house after my mom returned from vacation and verifying she could still access Netflix at home, I painstakingly explained to her what Netflix was doing, and said if she got any sort of message about verifying devices to call me.  So what does she do when that happens?  Just randomly clicks on things about disabling.  Yep, now I'm locked out; I get a message about this TV not being part of the household.

So I selected "I'm traveling" as the reason I'm accessing the account from a different place, which means they send an email to my mom with an access code that I entered; easy peasy.  But I have no idea how long that grants me access for, so if it's short term, it's obviously not a solution to do that every time.  Next time I'm over there, I'm going to take my Fire stick and access it from their house, and then I'm going to call Netflix as my mom, tell them we have a second house, and figure out the best way to deal with this permanently.

Jumping Jesus, this isn't an account being shared with a dozen people across the country.  It is shared between parents and their child, in two houses less than ten miles apart, and the account is never accessed from both houses at the same time.  No, I don't have any qualms about saying what they pay Netflix each month is plenty for that, and asking another $7.99/mo is ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Rolling my eyes at Netflix.  For 7.99, you can add a person to your account, but for 6.99 they could get their own account.  Granted, that's with ads, but they don't especially bother me - that's when I check Primetimer or get my steps in or get a snack or whatever.

I'm waiting to see if all this affects me.  We have a basic subscription that we truly don't share with anyone outside the house, but between TVs, Firesticks, desktops, tablets, phones, & laptops, we have potentially a dozen devices that could log in and have at some point. I may not watch Netflix on my phone or desktop, but I might log in to add something to my watch list when I'm thinking of it.  So far they haven't given me any grief, but we have a family vacation coming up where we'll probably want to access NF on some of the many TVs in the rental.  I'm ready to drop them in a hot minute if they irk me, but unfortunately the Mr has found something he's now invested in on NF.   Maybe I can help him find something he likes on one of the many other streamers we have (which are all either freebies or special deals or "legally" shared with other family members).

• Like 5
8 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

They may decide they won't allow periodic re-upping.  Ugh. 

Oh wow, you could be right. They'd be dead if they did that though imo.

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That's what I want to do but Netflix has the best "what's coming up" setup and you can't access that without being logged in. 

I have yet to find a better way to see what Netflix has coming up.  Even the lists that get published don't appear to be all-inclusive.

I just watch the youtube video they put out every month. It's certainly not everything but if there was something I'd be interested in, it'd mostly likely be included in that.

28 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I almost admire the nerve of the execs. Cutting costs, refusing to pay the creatives what's needed, turning around and asking for more money. But they're a bunch of assholes.

You gotta hand it to them, they are brazen!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

$pecfically:

In 2023, Sarandos’ pay package will be worth up to $40 million (which would match his 2022 compensation plan), comprising $3 million in base salary, a $17 million performance bonus and $20 million worth of stock options. Peters, who was named Netflix co-CEO in January after Reed Hastings stepped down from the role, is set to receive as much as $34.65 million as co-CEO ($3 million annual salary, $17.325 million in options and a $14.325 million performance-based target bonus).

In addition Netflix CFO Spencer Neumann this year is to receive $14 million ($7 million in salary and $7 million in stock options), chief legal officer David Hyman will get $11 million ($4 million salary, $7 million in stock) and chief communications officer Rachel Whetstone is to receive $6.5 million ($5.7 million salary, $800,000 in stock).

So, yeah:

2 hours ago, Anduin said:

I almost admire the nerve of the execs. Cutting costs, refusing to pay the creatives what's needed, turning around and asking for more money. But they're a bunch of assholes.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

You gotta hand it to them, they are brazen!

Since I can be as self-centered as anyone, I guess the Netflix execs figure if  little old lady in NY and her single, middle-aged daughter in Oregon can share a Netflix account, then as Netflix execs, they should be paid 10s of millions of dollars in annual compensation.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Rolling my eyes at Netflix.  For 7.99, you can add a person to your account, but for 6.99 they could get their own account.  Granted, that's with ads,

And the cheapest plan without ads (basic) is $9.99/month.  So, yeah, their $7.99/month figure to add a whopping one person (for the standard plan) or two people (for the premium plan) to the account is ridiculous.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Anduin said:

I feel like it’s about time to cancel Netflix again for a few months .F them. I hold grudges and I’m not someone who has difficulty boycotting. I’m in my 50s and have still never been inside a Walmart! 🤣

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

But I have no idea how long that grants me access for, so if it's short term, it's obviously not a solution to do that every time.

7 days. 

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That’s what I do. Although this time I accidentally selected the plan with ads and it’s pissing me off enough I’m not watching it. 

13 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

They may decide they won't allow periodic re-upping.

Wouldn’t surprise me at this point. Netflix has forgotten that their success was based entirely on convenience. With each decision they make it more of an inconvenience and people are going to bail for other options. It’s not like they are pumping out hits. Most of their viral stables are dropping in quality and interest, already finished or wrapping up. They’re also not improving their algorithm or UI. 

(edited)
36 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Today's WAPO brings a report that Netflix subscriptions have a net gain since the announcement of the end of password sharing.  Many cancellations but more new subscriptions? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/06/09/netflix-password-sharing-rules/

The streaming giant posted four of its best days of U.S. acquisition ever, Antenna reported, with nearly 100,000 daily sign-ups on May 26 and May 27, a few days after it started to curb password sharing. It netted 73,000 new daily sign-ups on average after the crackdown, marking a 102 percent increase over the prior 60-day average. Although cancellations also increased, they were more than offset by new subscriptions, so the ratio of sign-ups to cancels increased as well.

Could those "four of [Netflix's] best days of U.S. acquisition ever" be because the timing of the crackdown more-or-less coincided with both the end of the network season and the release of new content via Netflix, including Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story, the final seasons of Never Have I Ever, Manifest (don't judge me!), and Better Call Saul?

Sounds like a shrewd move, but I can't be the only one who will notice.
Plus, when there's a lull in new Netflix content, (either because of regular ebb and flow or because of the Writers Strike), their numbers of subscribers will drop off, and, even if they don't announce it, likely it will be reported.

Edited by shapeshifter
clarity
  • Like 2
(edited)

I watched Netflix at the country house today and nothing came up from usual.  So far, so good.  

Is there any downside to getting the Max through Prime 7 day free trial?  It says I can cancel before the 7 days and if I don’t they’ll bill me $15.99 per month.  No way I’d pay that. I’d cancel and get Max with ads for $9.99 per month.  Just wondering what the catch is.  

Has anyone ever replaced a battery in an iPad?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is there any downside to getting the Max through Prime 7 day free trial?  It says I can cancel before the 7 days and if I don’t they’ll bill me $15.99 per month.  No way I’d pay that. I’d cancel and get Max with ads for $9.99 per month.  Just wondering what the catch is.

I don't know that there is a catch.  I think they just hope you forget you signed up and don't cancel.

The positive of getting Max through places like Amazon or YouTube TV is that it's so easy to cancel. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/9/2023 at 1:25 PM, shapeshifter said:

Could those "four of [Netflix's] best days of U.S. acquisition ever" be because the timing of the crackdown more-or-less coincided with both the end of the network season and the release of new content via Netflix, including Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story, the final seasons of Never Have I Ever, Manifest (don't judge me!), and Better Call Saul?

Maybe. I’m one of those signups and it was only for Never Have I Ever. I canceled within a week so I don’t accidentally forget and get charged another month. 

On 6/9/2023 at 8:26 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I watched Netflix at the country house today and nothing came up from usual.  So far, so good.  

Has anyone ever replaced a battery in an iPad?

You can go into the streaming account area, where they show the purchase, and request cancellation, but not immediately - cancel it when the free trial runs out. 

• Useful 2