Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That was weird, Joan making a big deal over reuniting with Gerry at the exact same spot where she said goodbye to him during his season. The same bench!

You guys who have been watching this franchise for several seasons have probably already discussed this. Do the producers force them to call out the Rose Recipients’ names in an order that makes it seem more suspenseful? Chock was sweating bullets, while she called out name after name, but everyone knows he’s one of Joan’s favorites

They actually only call a few names at a time…not always shown in order….and then head back to Jesse and the producers to get the next names….who could remember everyone, especially in the first few eliminations.   Definitely want to ramp up the suspense….and the producers also get a say in who stays. The lead usually has a hand full of faves who the choose and the producers weigh in on the rest, especially those who will cause drama.  The order is all about the drama.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

April from Gerry's season had a decades long affair with Frankie Valli starting when she was a teen.

Wow!!! Now that is a juicy Bachelor Nation fact! Thank you 🙌🤯😅💯

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Wow!!! Now that is a juicy Bachelor Nation fact! Thank you 🙌🤯😅💯

Yes, she was pretty vocal about it when her show was on.

Frankie Valli is another star who used to come to the free concerts on my block.

He was in terrible voice, I’m sorry to say, and he kept leaving the stage.

My neighbor who was a volunteer backstage said FV was doing cocaine although I can’t verify that.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Yes, she was pretty vocal about it when her show was on.

Frankie Valli is another star who used to come to the free concerts on my block.

He was in terrible voice, I’m sorry to say, and he kept leaving the stage.

My neighbor who was a volunteer backstage said FV was doing cocaine although I can’t verify that.

You must've had a blast watching all of the fun free concerts with such great singers performing! Wow 🤯!! Frankie Valli seemed like such a squeaky-clean guy in his super young music videos that I've seen on YouTube. Who knew that such a falsetto voiced guy was doing coke and singing the classics! 🤯😲

🎶 Oh what a night! 👃🩸 You know, I didn't even know her name! 🎶  I saw an interview with him recently and he says he lives a clean life, so hopefully he kicked the habit! 🙂

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Wayne Newton looks like a plastic caricature of himself- a Disney animatronic 😲😅. I kept waiting for sparks to shoot out of his back or his arm to get stuck in a position while singing.  Why did he got so much work done?! 

Lol, speaking of Wayne Newton forgetting lyrics and hollering out whatever, Vince Neill has him beat,lol.  I think I peed a little laughing through this video !!!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 10/4/2024 at 8:26 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Lol, speaking of Wayne Newton forgetting lyrics and hollering out whatever, Vince Neill has him beat,lol.  I think I peed a little laughing through this video !!!

hahaha this video is so great! Thank you! 🤣 I actually saw him forget the lyrics live in concert a few years ago when I saw Poison, Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Joan Jett perform in the SF Oracle Park stadium 😅! I got a VIP ticket to see/meet Poison, and I think that Motley Crue was the 3rd to perform.  Vince Neil was squealing, yelling, panting and stopping throughout his set- was he singing or leading a Lamaze class 😅?!  Eventually he just started making up lyrics.  🎶Cheesecake! Martha Stewart! Move that cherry log!"🎶 I remember thinking, "What the fuck is this 🤯?!" But it was still such a fun night! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • LOL 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He's almost 70 years old with a seemingly successful business.  I don't think he's in danger of ever having to perform blue collar work or manual labor again.  But even if he were, how would throwing money at friends/partners ensure that?  I don't understand the connection.

Pascal doesn’t want to do his own laundry. So he throws money at the other guy to do it, and to iron his clothing.

Pascal doesn’t like to cook. And doesn’t like to clean up afterwards. Happy to sit there and watch all of the other guys help prep, gather up dishes after a meal, load the dishwasher, scrub the pots and pans, wipe down the stove and counters. Meal after meal….

I personally don’t want to be around anyone who acts so entitled. But maybe that’s just me, so, apologies.

If Joan’s mother got snowed in, and the snowplowing companies were too bogged down to clear her driveway and sidewalks, I doubt Pascal would offer to help shovel. But maybe he’d pay one of Joan’s family members to shovel them.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Pascal doesn’t want to do his own laundry. So he throws money at the other guy to do it, and to iron his clothing.

Oh, okay.  I thought when you said blue collar work or manual labor, you meant a job. 

I don't know...lots of people pay maids to clean their houses, and people do drop-off service at the laundry. 

And see the link below for how Pascal's paying Gregg to do his laundry came about.  Spoiler alert:  Gregg started it, and "didn't take a dime from that guy.  I love him like a brother." 

Pascal doesn’t like to cook. And doesn’t like to clean up afterwards. Happy to sit there and watch all of the other guys help prep, gather up dishes after a meal, load the dishwasher, scrub the pots and pans, wipe down the stove and counters. Meal after meal….

Do we know that's what goes on?  I've always assumed production fed the combatants, and any cooking going on was because they were bored, or wanted to make it a party, like grilling burgers.  And surely they provide some sort of cleaning service.  Twenty old men getting up multiple times a night to spray urine in the general direction of a toilet really calls out for a designated cleaning regimen.

If Joan’s mother got snowed in, and the snowplowing companies were too bogged down to clear her driveway and sidewalks, I doubt Pascal would offer to help shovel. But maybe he’d pay one of Joan’s family members to shovel them.

If I were one of the family members, I'd sure let him pay me!  I like shoveling snow, so I'd do it for free, but if somebody rich offered to pay me?  I wouldn't be like Gregg and refuse to take the money. 

Besides, who's going to be expecting a 70-year-old man to shovel snow if there are younger people around?  (Heh--I was telling Mr. Outlier this, and he said, "Sound like more of a job for a 67-year-old lady than a 70-year-old man."  Meaning me🤣 )

I personally don’t want to be around anyone who acts so entitled. But maybe that’s just me, so, apologies.

EW has a really entertaining interview with Gregg about his time on the show.  He sounds like a great guy and said he's "in love" with half the men in the house.  It helps me understand why the best parts of the show for me are watching the men hanging around together. 

Gregg's roommates were Dan, CK, and Pascal.  About the laundry:

Our room was right next to the laundry room, and I'm like, "Look, I'm ready to do a load of wash." And I asked all three of them. I'm like, "Dan, CK, Pascal, I'm about to do a load of wash. Just give me your stuff and I'll put it in there."

Pascal's eyes [went wide] and he was like, "Really?" I was a little bit afraid, though, because his clothes are worth more than my clothes. We were just goofing around and I'm like, "Well, what do I get out of this?" And he is like, "I will pay you!"

Gregg snores and volunteered to sleep downstairs (after he awakened to Pascal hitting him with a pillow after the first night):

We'd stay up late, we'd have our little four-boy chat and talking about life and the universe and everything. Then when it was time to go to bed, I'd grab my blanket and my pillow and they'd kiss me goodnight and I'd go downstairs.

https://ew.com/the-golden-bachelorette-gregg-lassen-exit-interview-8723422

This solidifies that Joan and her journey are the least interesting part of any of this to me.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't know...lots of people pay maids to clean their houses, and people do drop-off service at the laundry. 

Many workers, whatever they're called, housekeepers, maids, cleaning ladies, etc. also do laundry: washing, folding,  ironing, putting away.  

(edited)

Joan’s husband John Vassos died before he did jail time.

Vassos, 55, of Bethesda, Md., pled guilty in June 2017 to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, one count of tax fraud, and one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

It’s late and you can try Google for more info. No wonder Joan thinks Gerry is great. 🙄

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Mind Blown 10
7 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Joan’s husband John Vassos died before he did jail time.

It’s late and you can try Google for more info. No wonder Joan thinks Gerry is great. 🙄

49 minutes ago, Arkay said:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/business-owner-arraigned-following-indictment-fraud-perjury-and-election-related-offenses

Wow! Thanks Armchair, I did Google and I’m shocked!

Why why why would Joan agree to be the GB when she knows her “perfect” husband’s crime had a good chance of being uncovered, since she’s in the spotlight?

It’s a mixed bag on reddit. Some are arguing that because he’s dead, we have no right to discuss it.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
16 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’s a mixed bag on reddit. Some are arguing that because he’s dead, we have no right to discuss it.

Interesting!

I’m not on any social media so I’m completely unaware of what’s being said. To my mind, the court of public opinion is not a court of law, with death ending the case.

If you agree to appear on a TV show where you consistently idealize your late husband, then it’s inevitable that any dirty laundry may be exposed.

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
5 hours ago, Arkay said:

Wow! Thanks Armchair, I did Google and I’m shocked!

I was lying in bed last night, I should have been sleeping but was surfing the internet on my phone and when I saw that about Joan's husband I ran here. 😂 I didn't want to mess with links I just wanted to get the info out. LOL at myself.

• LOL 4
On 10/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, Ilovepie said:

I think the problem is that her entire face is pulled so tight it just doesn't move. Like at all. Her lips are stretched so wide she can only move her mouth up and down. Not to be gross but when she kisses one of the guys the effect is very guppy like because she can't purse her lips in any way. 😂

The only part of her face that moves is her eyes and the effect is very strange. I think she is a nice woman, but much like her expressionless face kind of devoid of any personality. I personally think she was chosen because she is one of the youngest from Gerry's season and she is thin and .

On 10/4/2024 at 1:01 AM, Back Atcha said:

And so many of the men, telling her and US how beautiful she is.  Needy, needy Gerry (and needy, needy Bachelor producers) magically appearing at the mansion.   How young and how intelligent are these production people?

Interesting that you wrote "71," because that's how old I thought she was.  Then they showed that one of the guys (the father of someone? ... I don't follow everything) is 57.  I thought the gap was too wide.  Just looked it up.  She's 61.

Me too.  I honestly thought 71.  Thank you.  I don’t think she eats much also.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 10/3/2024 at 11:29 PM, Arkay said:

I think Mark is very attractive but he lost me last week when he said that something was “funner.”

Funny, I must have missed "funner", but he lost me this week when he said "Alls".

I don't find him attractive either.  He looks 20 years older than his age.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Me too.  I honestly thought 71.  Thank you.  I don’t think she eats much also.

yeah I'm 63 and have had no work done. I'm a tiny bit on the plump side post-menopause, but think I come across as ... not as old as her

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Years ago, we saw Johnny Mathis at a tennis stadium in New York.  He was great of course.  At the end, he was taking bows and then fell off the stage head first.  They called the ambulance.

That's so cool that you got to see Johnny Mathis live 😃- he has a great voice and great stage presence! Oh no- that must've hurt big time when he fell headfirst off of the stage ☹.  He seems to be doing well and he's still performing live at 89! 🙂

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Funny, I must have missed "funner", but he lost me this week when he said "Alls"

If I recall correctly it was right before he went in for a kiss…not sure about that, but definitely he said “this is funner.”

I missed him saying “alls.” 

• Like 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Funny, I must have missed "funner", but he lost me this week when he said "Alls".

Sounds like he's hanging out with teenage girls. 

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 3
(edited)

I'd love it if the Golden franchise did a Paradise-esq season with a bunch of the women (not Kathy!) from Gerry's season and the men from here. 

Not with the aim for proposals or anything like that. But just to see all of these nice, single Golden-aged people mix and mingle and have a good time. And maybe some will make real love connections. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

I'd love it if the Golden franchise did a Paradise-esq season with a bunch of the women (not Kathy!) from Gerry's season and the men from here. 

Not with the aim for proposals or anything like that. But just to see all of these nice, single Golden-aged people mix and mingle and have a good time. And maybe some will make real love connections. 

Agreed, these guys are a lot of fun to watch just hanging out and I'm sure the women from Gerry's season would have a blast too. 

Thanks to whoever linked that article about Gregg, I was so bummed to see him go this week. He seemed like he was having a blast and I can believe he's going to go around and visit all his new friends. 

Kim...oof. Part of me is relieved to see him go just because he was a bit too uptight for the vibe of the house, but I felt a little bad for him too. That song thing was just so cringey though, nice of Guy to humor him.

As for the rest of the men, I guess I'd call Chock, Guy, and maybe Pascal or Mark the front-runners at this point? Charles L has apparently garnered a big fan following, so I wouldn't be surprised if his continued presence is producer-driven and Gary is very sweet to her with the praying for her mom and stuff, but seems strictly friend zone.

I'm not sure how I feel about Jonathan. A. I'd want to hear his ex-wife's side of the story because it seems unlikely that their divorce truly came out of nowhere. and B. it felt a bit like manipulation to share those feelings of inadequacy just before a rose was to be handed out (or not). His prom king nomination came from a similar situation, he told her how hurt he was by his date cancelling on him for his high school prom and she wanted to make him feel better. Seems like a bit of a red flag pattern.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I thought if I left this emoji 😀, it would be misunderstood.  Your last line is the best!  That humor will keep you going.

I had a hip replacement in 2018 that was/is a breeze. Turns out, I didn't NEED it.  They diagnosed "labral tear" as the source of my incredible pain. Hip replaced, easy PT, easy recuperation.  Pain remaines!  A couple of other worthless procedures followed.

My best story is my knee replacement (2016...still terribly painful; I wear an opiod patch). I assume the surgery went well. I was out of the hospital and going to physical therapy, using a walker. To shorten the story, a physical therapy aide BROKE MY FEMUR!  Mis-diagnoses (no x-rays) for over a week--sent to rehab for eight days. Awful pain; no x-rays, although I begged. Soon my sons threatened legal action. Finally, an x-ray proved them all wrong. Surgeon said, "How can you have a BROKEN FEMUR????" and now I have a plate/pins in my thigh (femur) along with a really bad knee.  Humor is my only antidote.

Oh, no!! I am sooo sorry that they messed up so many times, and that you are paying the price, in more ways than one.

I do like that on a discussion board for The Golden Bachelorette, we are all comparing orthopedic surgeries. I have herniated discs. The surgeon told me he recommends waiting to book surgery until the pain is excruciating. 

I hate that my hands look so old.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Jonathan. A. I'd want to hear his ex-wife's side of the story because it seems unlikely that their divorce truly came out of nowhere. and B. it felt a bit like manipulation to share those feelings of inadequacy just before a rose was to be handed out (or not). His prom king nomination came from a similar situation, he told her how hurt he was by his date cancelling on him for his high school prom and she wanted to make him feel better. Seems like a bit of a red flag pattern.

You have excellent radar. Jonathan manipulates. I know someone who had a terrible childhood and a terrible marriage. He knows that he will receive sympathy whenever he trots out his stale anecdotes. Which is often. But in the current day, any time anyone does anything that remotely resembles something that happened during his terrible childhood or terrible marriage, it triggers him, and he lashes out.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Charles’s daughters probably begged/convinced him to apply for the show, not realizing that he really has a lot more healing to do before he’s ready to date.

Joan has a problem. She recognizes that she’s a nurturer. It draws her to the broken birds (trademark: Vanderpump Rules WWCL recaps). But she also knows that’s she’s exhausted from years and years of trying to be strong for everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Kaitlyn Bristowe is back 😠

Her face looks much better, more like a normal human face.

i hate these striptease dates

I was hoping I had seen the last of Kaitlyn.

Sitting here cringing watching the striptease crap. I like some of the guy's personalities but I don't want see them thrusting their pelvises. lol

I find Chock creepy. Welp... I spoke too soon looks like he is leaving.

I hope Jonathan had washed those gold drawers before he had her handling them. ew

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Like 2
(edited)

The way Chock’s first question back was about the ring Joan wears, I thought for sure he was going to give her his dead mother’s ring that he pryed off her cold hands the night before. Jeez, Chock, you surely didn’t have time for a funeral yet? Is mom on ice? Are you not going to the funeral? I actually do like Chock for Joan. But I thought he’d at least go home for a couple of weeks and pop back around for the dates before hometowns. As for the dates, she also seemed very comfortable with Guy. I’m not so sure about Jordan. Aw, Charles did find love with his new friends! I would for sure watch a spin-off show with Charles and Gary, just going around giving dudes some emotional/sentimental support…and whatever provisions they need from CVS.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 12
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

The way Chock’s first question back was about the ring Joan wears, I thought for sure he was going to give her his dead mother’s ring that he pryed off her cold hands the night before. Jeez, Chock, you surely didn’t have time for a funeral yet? Is mom on ice? Are you not going to the funeral? I actually do like Chock for Joan. But I thought he’d at least go home for a couple of weeks and pop back around for the dates before hometowns. As for the dates, she also seemed very comfortable with Guy. I’m not do sure about Jordan. Aw, Charles did find love with his new friends! I would for sure watch a spin-off show with Charles and Gary, just going around giving dudes some emotional/sentimental support…and whatever provisions they need from CVS.

I love the bromance and I also want to see that spin off.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Aw, Charles did find love with his new friends! I would for sure watch a spin-off show with Charles and Gary

I'd watch that too. I really like them both, sad to see them go but I knew right away they were friend zoned.

I don't care that much for Jonathan, he looks good for his age but I feel like at the prom date and his one on one date he went for a sympathy rose by telling his issues. 

Poor Dan, I see he is from Naples now I hope the guy's house doesn't get blown away.

Still think Chock is creepy and old for his age but Joan seems to click with him.

Jordan felt like to me he was with his mother.

Kaitlyn called Mark a DILF. I know he can't help it and I know it's better than a fake dye job but on a shallow note I don't like his white hair.

I am just a few years younger that Mark and maybe I am deluding myself but I feel like Mr. Armchair and I look much younger than these people. 😆 Joan has a lot of crepey skin. I'll show myself out....

• Like 10
29 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The way Chock’s first question back was about the ring Joan wears, I thought for sure he was going to give her his dead mother’s ring that he pryed off her cold hands the night before. Jeez, Chock, you surely didn’t have time for a funeral yet? Is mom on ice? Are you not going to the funeral? I actually do like Chock for Joan. But I thought he’d at least go home for a couple of weeks and pop back around for the dates before hometowns. As for the dates, she also seemed very comfortable with Guy. I’m not so sure about Jordan. Aw, Charles did find love with his new friends! I would for sure watch a spin-off show with Charles and Gary, just going around giving dudes some emotional/sentimental support…and whatever provisions they need from CVS.

Just a timing reminder….the weeks really aren’t weeks.  As I understand it’s they film the Bachelor/ette over about 45 days.  BiP is about 3 weeks.  And I understand Gerry’s season was about 30 days, so I’d expect Joan’s season to be about the same.   

10 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Just a timing reminder….the weeks really aren’t weeks.  As I understand it’s they film the Bachelor/ette over about 45 days.  BiP is about 3 weeks.  And I understand Gerry’s season was about 30 days, so I’d expect Joan’s season to be about the same.   

Right. That’s what I meant. Chock left for probably 2.5 days! Not enough time to bury his mother.

• Like 6

Agree that burial, not to mention the travel time, was quick!  Guess he didn’t want to lose his chance.

i cringed at the guys’ Chippendale performances too.  I would not like it if women were asked/expected to do it — why should the men have to?  🤷‍♀️

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

I'd watch that too. I really like them both, sad to see them go but I knew right away they were friend zoned.

I don't care that much for Jonathan, he looks good for his age but I feel like at the prom date and his one on one date he went for a sympathy rose by telling his issues. 

Poor Dan, I see he is from Naples now I hope the guy's house doesn't get blown away.

Still think Chock is creepy and old for his age but Joan seems to click with him.

Jordan felt like to me he was with his mother.

Kaitlyn called Mark a DILF. I know he can't help it and I know it's better than a fake dye job but on a shallow note I don't like his white hair.

I am just a few years younger that Mark and maybe I am deluding myself but I feel like Mr. Armchair and I look much younger than these people. 😆 Joan has a lot of crepey skin. I'll show myself out....

I’ll join you.  To tell the truth, I’m not crazy about Joan.  Ok, she’s tall and thin.  A good start.  Then she has the long blonde hair going on.  Then the work on her face, where you can actually see the crinkles in the light.  Then all the sharp gowns and clothes.  She could have left her mouth alone as now it’s too wide and she probably is sorry she missed with it.  Then, she tells all the guys she loves them, and they are confused.  All of them were falling all over her.  It was weird I thought.  I’ll show myself out too now, lol.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Right. That’s what I meant. Chock left for probably 2.5 days! Not enough time to bury his mother.

I'm shocked that he came back at all, let alone so soon. Someone remind me what's Chock's relationship status? I don't recall him being widowed and he doesn't talk about any children. Was he a lifelong bachelor?

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm shocked that he came back at all, let alone so soon. Someone remind me what's Chock's relationship status? I don't recall him being widowed and he doesn't talk about any children. Was he a lifelong bachelor?

I remember him mentioning having kids, but I don't know if he's divorced or widowed.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

When Joan is dressed up and in the right lighting she looks good but she has more of an old person/old fashion personality. Maybe because  her husband took care of her. My dad treated my mom like a queen, when they went anywhere he would drop her off at the door and then he would go park so she wouldn't have far to walk, he was protective of her so I guess that's why Joan feels like an older person to me. 

Also here I go again picking on Chock again but to me he looks more like 70 than 60. My friends and family look so much younger than these people so I guess that's why I am confused. 

I don't read spoilers but I am afraid Joan is going to be left with a dud.

• Like 5

Joan has a really great group of guys, I just love the camaraderie they have. I usually hate those strip type group dates, but seeing them taking this off for cancer, was great. They all did so well, I thought Kaitlyn  ,after all she's done, pretending  to be embarrassed  was silly.I think Jonathan is a beautiful man, he'd make a great bachelor if she doesn't choose him. Yes, very handsome 
The chemistry she has with Chock is off the charts. I was so sad to see him go, but  so happy to see him come back. She said she missed him
I noticed with Guy, she didn't  interrupt  him, as she's  apt  to do, or cut him off mid sentence.  I wish she'd  stop putting  her hair all forward,  from the back it looks pretty  bad. 
She's  made a good impression  on most of the guys,  I think  she's  probably  a lot warmer in person, than she comes across on tv( jmho)  

Chock was divorced,  but they are on good terms. He met Cathy and were together  for 9 years, she died from cancer. His mother  wanted him to go on this show.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4