Type keyword(s) to search

Thomas Ravenel & Kathryn Dennis: Will He Put A Ring On It?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

He tried to provide for her and his children. But Kathryn showed how she didn't care about her children by using the money he gave her for utilities, etc., and bought drugs with it instead. The electricity got cut off and that's when he realized she'd never be able to provide a stable home for them.

I feel sorry for her also, but she has to be the one to take that first step and get sober.

When she still had the kids, he said at the reunion that he provided the minimum required by the State.

Yes, she might have came across as financially motivated however I think it is rather cheap for a man of Thomas means to pay the minimum required by the law.

As far as the drug addiction, yes it is her struggle but she needs support and not shaming and dismissing.

It is in his own interest and most importantly in the best interest of the children that HE CHOSE to have with a THIRTY years younger crack head to help her in her recovery, Imo.

Party girls mature eventually, and it would be lovely for his children to have a connection with their mother.

• Love 6

Had Thomas given her MORE than $5100 a month the kids would be even worse off. Just as Major Bigtime says, that is a lot of $ to snort up your nose, and with even more money to "blow" who knows what kind of trouble she'd put herself and the kids in. That's just more money to fuel her addiction.

• Love 3

I guess this explains some of Cameron and Patricia's distaste for Kathryn. Some people thought they were being snotty wrt her. Those poor babies were brought into this world with an agenda. To serve to keep Thomas wallet open to Kathryn, and in next week's episode it looks like the manipulation continues with Kathryn trying to tug at Thomas' heartstrings. Once again, trying to play him--stroking his ego. 

• Love 2

Kathryn couldn't have created those babies with "an agenda" without equal participation from Thomas. After the one slip of having Kensie, seeing that Kathryn was not avoiding drugs and taking proper care of her baby should have stopped him from having further activity that could lead to another conception. Thomas wanted a son. He also had an agenda.

• Love 12

Saint was conceived when they were in NYC filming a reunion there with Andy. I remember Andy asking them if they were going to hook up and they both looked at each other. She was still a little on the heavy side from having Kensie, and I also couldn't believe they'd be so careless.

• Love 3

Fwiw- in SC the 'minimum' amount would be what a family court judge decides after taking both parties finances into account and entering dad's income/assets into some formula. And if the dad subsides mainly on family money or allowance they will take that into account as well- just in case Shep is reading...

I'm not sure if Major's $ amount is correct however Thomas' minimum amount was pretty clumsily worded since it is not as if someone with his level of wealth/income were going to get away with paying $250 per month per child. 

I would suspect he was paying for nannies in addition to the 5100 per month. I know someone who dated Thomas briefly and married someone who went to Citadel with him- his ex was getting 7k a month in child support on one child. Needless to say she married him. Thomas' mistake with Kathryn was marrying someone hungry for attention or $. Like Bill Clinton, he did not seem to learn that the key to successful flings is that you both need to have equal amounts of $, prestige, standing to loose should it come to light. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, robroy said:

Fwiw- in SC the 'minimum' amount would be what a family court judge decides after taking both parties finances into account and entering dad's income/assets into some formula. And if the dad subsides mainly on family money or allowance they will take that into account as well- just in case Shep is reading...

I'm not sure if Major's $ amount is correct however Thomas' minimum amount was pretty clumsily worded since it is not as if someone with his level of wealth/income were going to get away with paying $250 per month per child. 

I would suspect he was paying for nannies in addition to the 5100 per month. I know someone who dated Thomas briefly and married someone who went to Citadel with him- his ex was getting 7k a month in child support on one child. Needless to say she married him. Thomas' mistake with Kathryn was marrying someone hungry for attention or $. Like Bill Clinton, he did not seem to learn that the key to successful flings is that you both need to have equal amounts of $, prestige, standing to loose should it come to light. 

Some insecure men, such as Thomas are not looking for an equal. They are looking for someone to dominate and flatter their egos.

In addition, Thomas was looking for such ridiculous attributes as a pedigrees and slim ankles (very much like a mare)

The new edition is also looking for her own agenda... She is a nurse in the veins of Lulu and Kim Z.

I am not mad at her, get your money bitch!;-)

15 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Saint was conceived when they were in NYC filming a reunion there with Andy. I remember Andy asking them if they were going to hook up and they both looked at each other. She was still a little on the heavy side from having Kensie, and I also couldn't believe they'd be so careless.

We do have condoms in NYC!

16 hours ago, zenme said:

I guess this explains some of Cameron and Patricia's distaste for Kathryn. Some people thought they were being snotty wrt her. Those poor babies were brought into this world with an agenda. To serve to keep Thomas wallet open to Kathryn, and in next week's episode it looks like the manipulation continues with Kathryn trying to tug at Thomas' heartstrings. Once again, trying to play him--stroking his ego. 

54 years old and you still get played? Lol!

• Love 4
On 5/6/2017 at 0:33 PM, LIMOM said:

When I drink, I act like a moron but at least my French is amazing ;-)

Catching up as I spent last week in the Vieux Carré. Got a great laugh out of that thank you! 

Laissez bon temps rouler!  

P.S. That last comment was super hard to write out with my darn autocorrect!! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Kathryn couldn't have created those babies with "an agenda" without equal participation from Thomas. After the one slip of having Kensie, seeing that Kathryn was not avoiding drugs and taking proper care of her baby should have stopped him from having further activity that could lead to another conception. Thomas wanted a son. He also had an agenda.

These two fuckwits played each other. I can't accept that Thomas, an educated, connected, successful real estate developer, former politician, AARP Magazine September 2014 centerfold, and eligible bachelor of more than 30 years had managed to avoid this precise situation for decades, but was some how fooled by Kathryn.

Though he'll never admit it, Thomas was finally ready for kids and a family and Kathryn happened to be on deck at that time. I don't think he'd have knocked up just anybody, but Kathryn was attractive and had an important last name. She was young enough that fertility problems were unlikely and she was less likely to have a career of her own that would split her focus from the children and family Thomas wanted. He tried to date Danni in season 1, but she has her shit together and wasn't interested in Thomas. I can't imagine that someone like Naomie or Cameran would be interested either. 

This is who he picked and he's got to accept that his choices, and they were choices, led him here. 

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/article12182318.html

• Love 9

The Citadel is a highly-respected military college. It has a long list of famous and well respected graduates.

I am a member of the Sons of the Confederacy. My great-great-grandfather fought in the Civil War, as did two of his brothers. My mother was a member of the Daughters of the Revolution, the DAR, having ancestors who fought in that war...as well as WWI, WWII, The Korean War, Vietnam War, and we currently have family serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Both are respected organizations.

• Love 5

Is anyone on here following Kathryn on Snapchat? Apparently there has been very bizarre behavior of her in there:

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/05/21/southern-charm-bits-and-pieces/

I have snapchat and followed her this morning, so I didn't catch the incident that Tamara mentioned in her blog. But I saw a snapchat of her in her hotel talking about how she cannot do a proper contour (whatever that means) and how she's getting water-wasted, etc. It's bizarre, but maybe she's just trying to be funny.

28 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

The Citadel is a highly-respected military college. It has a long list of famous and well respected graduates.

I am a member of the Sons of the Confederacy. My great-great-grandfather fought in the Civil War, as did two of his brothers. My mother was a member of the Daughters of the Revolution, the DAR, having ancestors who fought in that war...as well as WWI, WWII, The Korean War, Vietnam War, and we currently have family serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am an adopted Northerner and while my family is full of veterans and current active members, I am a Pacifist myself and support the Policies of the New Orleans Mayor;-).

My greatgreatgreat were involved in the French Revolution on both sides. Lol

Nobody is perfect.

5 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Is anyone on here following Kathryn on Snapchat? Apparently there has been very bizarre behavior of her in there:

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/05/21/southern-charm-bits-and-pieces/

I have snapchat and followed her this morning, so I didn't catch the incident that Tamara mentioned in her blog. But I saw a snapchat of her in her hotel talking about how she cannot do a proper contour (whatever that means) and how she's getting water-wasted, etc. It's bizarre, but maybe she's just trying to be funny.

contour?

as in make up?

if so I agree, she needs help.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Are you a cousin?? 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Ha! No telling, I'm a southerner through and through.

11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well if so I'm on your Mother's side of the family lol.  

Lol. It is a small, small world....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I am an adopted Northerner and while my family is full of veterans and current active members, I am a Pacifist myself and support the Policies of the New Orleans Mayor;-).

My greatgreatgreat were involved in the French Revolution on both sides. Lol

Nobody is perfect.

contour?

as in make up?

if so I agree, she needs help.

Is that what it means? It's weird whining too, like not just basic complaining, but she acted like she's really devastated about not being able to do contour properly. And she made two snapchats about it.

She was hanging out with Chelsea Saturday night. So hopefully that helped her in not doing anything too stupid on her part.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Is that what it means? It's weird whining too, like not just basic complaining, but she acted like she's really devastated about not being able to do contour properly. And she made two snapchats about it.

She was hanging out with Chelsea Saturday night. So hopefully that helped her in not doing anything too stupid on her part.

Chelsea could also fix her hair....

Was she  drunk snap Chatting?

could explain the weird whining....

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Major Bigtime said:

She was still a little on the heavy side from having Kensie, 

Why are you even bringing up her size? If you considered her heavy, you need to take a better look at what real women in this world actually look like.      On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Major Bigtime said:

She was still a little on the heavy side from having Kensie, 

Why are you even bringing up her size? If you considered her heavy, you need to take a better look at what real women in this world actually look like.

Here's the weird thing. For the longest time I thought our esteemed local poster was of the opposite sex. So, I am wondering if that statement would have caused comment if he had been a she. As a female I know I feel more attractive (and sexual) when I feel lean and muscular.

• Love 1

Kathryn has fled two motions demanding custody and a lot of money from Thomas.  http://tamaratattles.com/2017/05/24/kathryn-dennis-files-new-motion-in-custody-case-asserts-she-is-clean-sober/

How can one tell what someone is eating from video?  Granted I could understand an orange or a banana but magic mushrooms?

I also don't get why Thomas' head hair wasn't sufficient for a drug test. 

I think we are seeing the cracks in Kathryn.   I can understand if Kathryn wants increased visitation or for  Thomas to obey certain court orders, I do not understand why she continually goes after the nanny and her daughter.

• Love 2

None of anything in the supposed motion makes any sense, legally or otherwise. Head hair is the preferred hair for testing. How would she know Thomas drinks in front of the children? Is she basing that on what she watches on TV, the scenes she was not invited to film, like Jennifer's Sip & See? I saw the nanny there. By the way, the nanny does not seem to be Thomas' type.

He went to California for the polo games he participated in, he did not move there. There were photos of him with Landon at a couple of events and that's probably what brought this on. It sounds to me like Kathryn wrote all of this up, an attorney wasn't aware she was doing it, and she's telling the tabloids what she wants them to spin against Thomas.

She's digging herself a mighty big hole.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

None of anything in the supposed motion makes any sense, legally or otherwise. Head hair is the preferred hair for testing. How would she know Thomas drinks in front of the children? Is she basing that on what she watches on TV, the scenes she was not invited to film, like Jennifer's Sip & See? I saw the nanny there. By the way, the nanny does not seem to be Thomas' type.

He went to California for the polo games he participated in, he did not move there. There were photos of him with Landon at a couple of events and that's probably what brought this on. It sounds to me like Kathryn wrote all of this up, an attorney wasn't aware she was doing it, and she's telling the tabloids what she wants them to spin against Thomas.

She's digging herself a mighty big hole.

Here what I don't get, why not just file  a motion saying you have been drug free for nine months and would like increased visitation and compensatory child support?  Why go on and on with allegations that most likely cannot be substantiated?  To me it sounds as if Kathryn wants to deprive the children of the only stable parent they have known for the last year.  Whatever gains she made with Whitney, Shep, JD, Elisabeth and Craig she has pretty much destroyed by going after Thomas in this fashion.  The present timeline of the story (on the show)  is less than six months ago.    

She could accomplish increased visitation without vilifying their father.  Kathryn is getting some really bad legal advice.  So as far as a job this fall she might want to start looking for one.  She cannot continue to alienate her coworkers and then expect to have a job.  I think for the most part they have pretty well accepted she and Thomas don't get along but why when she desperately needs a job go this route?

She does look pretty unbalanced on her Snapchats.

• Love 2

Just checked out the law firm that is representing Kathryn in the filed motions (John Hillard) The website for the lawyer looks like that of a typical ambulance chaser. And a further search of the lawyer himself revealed that he's slimy and has been bilking his clients and hanging them out to dry. It sounds like Kathryn had to scrape the bottom of the barrel in order to find SOMEONE who would take her case and file all those nonsense claims. I'm guessing he also did not do much research into finding out how much of what he told her is truth and how much is fiction.

• Love 3

Is Kathryn paying her legal bills? If not it would explain her current attorney (as described by seasquared). I suspect the two of them are simply making a hard and desperate run for Thomas' cash.

My good friend is an attorney in Columbia and a member of the state legislature. I've asked him about some of the legal goings on but he's too professional to gossip.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Is Kathryn paying her legal bills? If not it would explain her current attorney (as described by seasquared). I suspect the two of them are simply making a hard and desperate run for Thomas' cash.

My good friend is an attorney in Columbia and a member of the state legislature. I've asked him about some of the legal goings on but he's too professional to gossip.

Kathryn is asking for $50,000.00 in attorneys fees. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kathryn is asking for $50,000.00 in attorneys fees. 

Ugh. This is getting so bad. Thomas of course has the financial resources to just keep blocking her and/or making her and her lawyer waste lots of time. He'll swat her away like a fly if he wants to. None of it will help Kathryn's mental state. Thomas is likely to go around posing as the victim of her machinations and looking for sympathy. When he does I hope everyone will remind him that he made choices that got him and two innocent children where they are now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Ugh. This is getting so bad. Thomas of course has the financial resources to just keep blocking her and/or making her and her lawyer waste lots of time. He'll swat her away like a fly if he wants to. None of it will help Kathryn's mental state. Thomas is likely to go around posing as the victim of her machinations and looking for sympathy. When he does I hope everyone will remind him that he made choices that got him and two innocent children where they are now.

The courts have so far ruled that it is Kathryn who has been delaying the proceedings and gone so far as to say she has to pay some of his legal fees because of her actions.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The courts have so far ruled that it is Kathryn who has been delaying the proceedings and gone so far as to say she has to pay some of his legal fees because of her actions.

Oh goodness, with what money? She may be earning something from social media but I'll bet her Bravo check from this season is long gone. Such a mess...

• Love 1
On 5/26/2017 at 7:09 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Probably hiding in shame of their daughter's antics. They sent her to rehab, it wasn't her initiative, which is why it didn't work. 

I'm more ashamed of those who show zero Empathy. 

14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It appears Kathryn is seeing her children -maybe at her folks' house?    

She looks so happy. Pleaaese get better, Kathryn.

• Love 5

When was this photo taken? I know when it was posted... but it might have been several months ago when she did go through a short period of having them for supervised visits. I don't think the judge has changed his ruling allowing her to see them at all until she finally takes/passes the missed drug tests.

• Love 2

Major Bigtime-this is just a guess-here goes, I think Kathryn presented so she could have visitation with her children-which does not mean she "won" her motions.  If her parents are willing to supervise-more power to them.  Having said that I don't think Thomas should be writing her checks.  Kathryn earns six figures and should be able to provide a home for her children.  I believe Kathryn has to suck up the fact that there are nannies involved and she doesn't get to shred the nannies.  Perhaps her parents can stand in on weekend visitations for the nannies but that would mean Kathryn would have to take responsibility for her children. 

I think Thomas is entitled to a weekend away from parenting-let's see how that goes with Kathryn the assassin, all over the new girlfriend.

• Love 2

I don't see Kathryn giving up her weekends until she's been sober & clean for a while. The temptation is still there, and late nights with a colicky child or one that doesn't want to go to sleep isn't her idea of a party.

• Love 3

A couple of years after the show ends, or her participation in it ends, would anyone be surprised to hear she was trying to ensnare another rich older guy?

That is if she can stay out of rehab or other trouble related to drugs?

• Love 1