Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

Good Lord, that wasn't an update, it was a clip show.  Seriously, if we're watching the reunion, we've probably already seen all those clips.  I learned nothing new at all except that Cassia is stunning with dark hair and I actually kinda like Jason.  

Everyone was on script for this show. The interviewer's "hard-ball" questions never made it over the plate. 

Hair and makeup did a good job with everyone, and Cassia and Amy looked beautiful. Yamir looks much better without the matted nest on his head.

• Love 3

Cassia-- so pretty with the softer makeup and new hair.  She cleans up nice.

Brett/Daya--  Daya has grown on me. I think she is fundamentally a nice person, just no filter about crappy rings and the wrong flowers. She will be a good stepmom to Cassidy.  Brett is still kind of gross.  Love his rationale for seeking a wife from the Philipines.  Translation: "I want a woman who can't ever leave me cuz she has no legal recourse!"

Amy--  She really impresses me.  I admire her for being so patient and loving toward her racist father-in-law.  May be that is the right approach after all.  Danny still seems very weak though.

Chels/Yami-- lol.  She must have read the comments about living in the baserment.  Yamir is so cute! I hope he can still do something music related. 

Evelin-- gorgeous as usual, Jason, clueless and dorky as usual. 

Danni/Mo--  I shudder every time she buries her head on his shoulder.  She's clearly living in her own delusional system. 

• Love 4

I guess I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think Mohammed was being as honest as he could in that situation. He came off a whole lot better than his wife in my opinion. She seems to put on an act... I don't for a minute think she is as clueless as she lets on.

I really like the way Danny and Amy handled his father. They could have easily cut him off, cussed him out or she could have tried to isolate him from his Dad but she did not. She took the high road and grace won out over ignorance. Kudos to them. 

Again I just don't get the shock from the foreigners when people accuse them of just wanting the green cards. Lots of U.S. citizens have been conned for a green card... it happens. 

Edited by Bandolero
  • Love 8

Good Lord, that wasn't an update, it was a clip show.  Seriously, if we're watching the reunion, we've probably already seen all those clips.  I learned nothing new at all except that Cassia is stunning with dark hair and I actually kinda like Jason. 

Exactly. Very disappointing.

• Love 2

That was very unsatisfying. I don't think Danielle and Mo took that reunion seriously. 

Also... Dani totally was LAUGHING into his shoulder.. like what? Well maybe not laughing but that awkward smile thing she does. I thought it was interesting when Mo told the story of what his family thought actually.

Evelyn and Justin are still off to me. There is just something so weird about those two. Specifically Justin. 

Brett totally dodged the fake ring question.. which is one thing I wanted answered because it was so weird for Daya.. like she could have said "Just like people think one is tricked for a green card, one can be tricked with a fake ring.." or at least defended themselves. I think TLC cut out a lot.

• Love 1

Well, Mohamed's family was against him coming to the US to be with Danielle.  It was his idea.  Another blow against the notion that they paid her to take him . . .

Mo can tell us all he wants about what his family thinks. Unfortunately, they can't confirm or deny what he claims.

• Love 3

Mylanta?

I don't get it. It's Myla Vox.

I hope he doesn't regret leaving.

As for the show , I didn't expect much. Wait until the green cards and adjustment of status is finished. These over seas girls can all find better, hotter, more appropriate partners. There isn't a decent husband in the bunch.

The guys can do better too. Chelsea has really nothing at all to offer him. And Danielle h as been discussed to death. (By me at least.)

They can't admit to marriage problems when they are still subject to immigration scrutiny.

• Love 1

Brett totally dodged the fake ring question.. which is one thing I wanted answered because it was so weird for Daya.. like she could have said "Just like people think one is tricked for a green card, one can be tricked with a fake ring.." or at least defended themselves. I think TLC cut out a lot.

I was waiting for Daya to say "I wanted to be sure it was what Brett paid for, and that he wasn't cheated into thinking he was buying a real diamond when it was fake."

That never happened. They danced all over and around that question.

• Love 1

Brett is still kind of gross.  Love his rationale for seeking a wife from the Philipines.  Translation: "I want a woman who can't ever leave me cuz she has no legal recourse!"

Then he should have become a citizen of the Philippines.  She can divorce him here.

• Love 9

I was waiting for Daya to say "I wanted to be sure it was what Brett paid for, and that he wasn't cheated into thinking he was buying a real diamond when it was fake."

That never happened. They danced all over and around that question.

EXACTLY I thought that too! I was wondering why Daya just didn't include her concern for Brett being duped as well. If she had said that she would have saved a lot of crap

• Love 1

Then he should have become a citizen of the Philippines.  She can divorce him here.

Logic has defied logic once again. hahahaha.

Mo likes adventure? Adventures like hiding behind pillars at the airport? Never knowing when you'll have electricity? Discovering things about Islam that you can use to keep from touching Dani?

Well yeah if you put it THAT way.. anyone can mock him. I think airport pillars are like james bond bullet dodgers thank you very much. I'm sure Mo was just testing the durability if the american architecture as he waited for his gracious wife to be.

• Love 2

I do.  It makes a lot more sense to me than that his family paid her.  Paid her for what?

I agree. I found that rumor ridiculous too and had said so before. It was obvious in the first episode that Danielle was genuinely distraught at the possibility that Mohammed would not show up at the airport. And that she married him because she's lonely and desperate for a man.  

• Love 5

What the hell was with her hiding her face in his shoulder like some shy virgin.

More like some kindergartener. I don't think I've ever seen anyone over the age of seven react to an uncomfortable question by hiding her face behind a family member. I wanted the host to say, "Aw, are you being shy today?"

• Love 19

Dani and Mo are absurd. His body language, eye contact, everything shouting, "get off me!" But I do think he was trying to be honest: saying he likes change (but never saying he came here because he loves her); saying her friend was just trying to help him (maybe she was telling him what a scammer Danielle is)... They're just using each other- it's really sad.

I like Danny and Amy, Brett and Daya, Chelsea and Yamir. I think they care about each other, so they have a chance of making it. My favorite couple is Jason and Cassia, they're so quirky! But they seem to really like each other, and that's the basis of love, IMO.

• Love 7

Based on their body languages, the couples I thought were solid, are now looking shaky.  Justin & Evelin and Danny & Amy don't appear as smitten with each other as they once were. I feel sorry for Brett.  A man shouldn't have to choose between his wife and his mother.  I don't believe Mo and Dani have consummated their marriage.

• Love 2

I agree. I found that rumor ridiculous too and had said so before. It was obvious in the first episode that Danielle was genuinely distraught at the possibility that Mohammed would not show up at the airport. And that she married him because she's lonely and desperate for a man.  

She is lonely and desperate but she also got paid.  You might be underestimating how frequent this practice is.  Check out the website for the Center for Immigration Studies for details.  This is not at all extraordinary.  It is very commonplace.

• Love 4

When Daya was crying I half expected Brett to hand her a roll of toilet paper.

Charmin extra soft. It's the least he could do.

The Bouncy Boys

To be fair the Philippines is a washing society. They use a tabo to clean, not a spraying bidet but rather a small bucket to pour cleaning water. As many do not have the plumbing able to flush toilet paper. There would be a larger bucket with a bucket sitting next to the bowl to flush. Many use toilet paper in its convenient roll in situations were Americans typically use purpose made facial tissue. They are shocked at us dirty Americans who depend upon the extra soft Charmin

• Love 2

They will be under contract for life. If they spill the beans, they will have to pay a huge monetary fine.

Very few contracts are enforceable "for life." People from Survivor and other reality shows even spoil the season and don't get sued or fined. I doubt they even made that much money from the show.

On the other hand, they have complicated legal issues with immigration and I bet they all just want to put this show behind them. None of the couple's look that great, and did themselves no favors with this show.

• Love 5

What confused me was when Erica asked Mohamed if he was happy here. He said no because he couldn't work and didn't like just sitting around the house. He seemed very unhappy, I wonder why he doesn't go home. It would be interesting to know why he wants to stay in this country. And I don't believe it's for adventure and certainly not love for Danielle.

• Love 5

To be fair the Philippines is a washing society. They use a tabo to clean, not a spraying bidet but rather a small bucket to pour cleaning water. As many do not have the plumbing able to flush toilet paper. There would be a larger bucket with a bucket sitting next to the bowl to flush. Many use toilet paper in its convenient roll in situations were Americans typically use purpose made facial tissue. They are shocked at us dirty Americans who depend upon the extra soft Charmin

My response, and the earlier comment, referred to the scene when Daya was crying in the bedroom about Brett's mother, and all she had to wipe her tears was a big roll of toilet paper lying on the bed.

It was not meant as any disrespect to her home country.

• Love 7

What confused me was when Erica asked Mohamed if he was happy here. He said no because he couldn't work and didn't like just sitting around the house. He seemed very unhappy, I wonder why he doesn't go home. It would be interesting to know why he wants to stay in this country. And I don't believe it's for adventure and certainly not love for Danielle.

He has to stay here to get his green card. I'm sure he is miserable here, but no way he is leaving before he gets what he came for.

• Love 4

Very few contracts are enforceable "for life." People from Survivor and other reality shows even spoil the season and don't get sued or fined. I doubt they even made that much money from the show.

Not to get off topic, but to answer your question, Survivors who make it to the merge are paid 5 figures and up. The final four are paid much more. If they blab to the press or social media about any aspect of the game, or even tell friends, it's a million dollar fine.

He has to stay here to get his green card. I'm sure he is miserable here, but no way he is leaving before he gets what he came for.

I believe Mo's pride and lack of funds are preventing him from going home.   

• Love 5

Dani and Mohamed went to the movies tonight, probably to temporarily avoid the scathing comments about them being unloaded on FB now.  Of course, they had to announce it, and, for flourish, her sister made sure that everyone knows that they went TOGETHER.  I watched with interest as a Mohamed was asked, I believe by an incredulous Brett, if he loves Dani.  He said "Yes", but his body said "NO!"  I think he feels obligated to her, but, he is in no way in love with her.  His cold display is not an "Islam thing" and I resent that he uses that as his excuse.  Islam is actually a pretty lusty faith.  It's not an Arab thing either.  It's a "Mohamed's embarrassed that he got himself into this shit" thing, that's all.

Sorry I'm so strident.  I've kept my disgust at these two bottled up for a long time.  I gotta let it out.

• Love 16

Contrary to what others think, I do believe he has done the deed with Dani, probably once, just to shut her up.. I think he really wants to be in the US, and each month that goes by is one month closer to his green card and his eventual divorce and freedom. I think he wants the green card much more than he wants to shed Dani. 

• Love 1

She is lonely and desperate but she also got paid.  You might be underestimating how frequent this practice is.  Check out the website for the Center for Immigration Studies for details.  This is not at all extraordinary.  It is very commonplace.

She didn't get paid.  I know it happens, but this story doesn't pass the smell test.  It just doesn't.

He is miserable.  I was struck by a post he started on his fan page about how Christmas day was devoid of drama, and he wished every day could be like that.  Apparently, there is lots of drama in that household.  He seems pretty stressed out,  although the payment from the show has had a slight mitigating effect.

• Love 3

Contrary to what others think, I do believe he has done the deed with Dani, probably once, just to shut her up.. I think he really wants to be in the US, and each month that goes by is one month closer to his green card and his eventual divorce and freedom. I think he wants the green card much more than he wants to shed Dani. 

I can go with that.