Type keyword(s) to search

S47 Ep. 1 Premiere: "One Glorious and Perfect Episode" LIVE CHAT THREAD

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

If it's Jon I'm done with the season.

14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Freaking idiots.

I'm done.

I've never watched an episode of Survivor before tonight. I only watched this one when I heard Jon was going to be on.

I feel bad for him being the first one out because I believe he's a superfan, and he seemed to barely be holding back tears at the end.

But I'm grateful too, because it means I don't have to watch any more after tonight. Has the host always done that, shouted non-stop through every challenge? How annoying. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Did I miss any behind the scenes machinations on let’s all vote Jon?  Because I didn’t see where they all decided to vote him out.  

I think Jon was voted out because he was the elderly age of **41** 

What a bunch of young fools.

• Like 15
(edited)

A man lying flat out on the beach surrounded by medical and crying out about lack of applause for chopping coconuts my friends is the very illustration of what happens to a special snowflake when there is no ‘safe space’ to retreat to. An embarrassment only topped by a tribe stupid enough to keep him who deserve whatever befalls them thanks to such an dubious decision.

With that said I won’t miss John…he didn’t seem like he was having any fun out there.

Capsizing/sinking boats NEVER gets old. One of the funniest visuals ever on the show was the woman who wore a scout uniform (Lil?) Literally going down with the ship as the boat sank around her 😊.

Jeff…why are you pretending you don’t know names when five minutes later during the first challenge you are able to call out people performances pro or con by their names?

As for the rest well its hard the first episode since everyone is mostly a cypher but a few off the cuff observations.

Like the older woman/younger man dynamic and I hope it doesn’t fizzle and those two can ride it to the end. They are my early favorites to root for.

There seems to be a random muscle-bound Asian guy not allowed to speak.

Don’t know the female podcaster since I quit Rob Has a Podcast a few years ago because it got tiring listening to him and Stephen Fishback compare so and so’s game to some player from ten seasons back like we the listeners were supposed to have an encyclopedia of every damn castaway that ever played. I will just say she gets an automatic 10-point deduction for a baby talking Yam Yam shirt easily in the top 5 of most annoying players ever.

Rachel claims to be empathetic but I see a stone cold, nasty selfish streak in her. I could easily envision her pushing a child out of the way if someone shouted fire in a crowded room. Do not like her one bit.

Kashim (?) The Doctor… I feel like we’ve seen his character type a thousand times before.

Wow  new season though….can you believe we’ve been watching this thing twenty-four years? It really is mind blowing.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

So this was my first Survivor episodes in a few seasons. Is this the norm now? Somebody whines about how they’ve always been insecure and they get to stay? If so, I don’t think I’ve missed anything. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Did I miss any behind the scenes machinations on let’s all vote Jon?  Because I didn’t see where they all decided to vote him out.  

They thought Andy was strong and Jon too smart -I get it, but now I hate them all anyway.  He was making me twitch through the tv - good luck living with that energy around camp, idiots.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I do think John may have shot himself in the foot by trying to push the Anika vote but as someone said, I get why he was suspicious about the immediate plan to tell Andy the vote was coming for him. 

I only get it because I get that they're all paranoid around there - but if you're going to lie to the vote-getter then someone's name has to be said, and his made sense this time.

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I hope Andy finds a HII because this group is that stupid and deserves it. Also, did anyone else think Andy's collapse at the challenge was faked at first when he saw they were losing. Granted, he did have a meltdown. I'm gonna have to rewatch. 

I don't think he faked it, as much as he's so insecure and narcissistic that he worked himself into that state on purpose.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I hope Andy finds a HII because this group is that stupid and deserves it. Also, did anyone else think Andy's collapse at the challenge was faked at first when he saw they were losing. Granted, he did have a meltdown. I'm gonna have to rewatch. 

I immediately texted my mom and told her that it was bullshit. First words out of his fake quivering lips were “they’re gonna vote me off.” Dudes a pity whore. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Bloody fools voting  out Jon. It's obvious  Andy is super paranoid, and that's not going  away. He had no sleep the night  before  the challenge,  so of course he was exhausted.  What a wimp! I hope  his tribe is voted out one by one every  week. 

I did love all the boats capsizing, except  for the red tribe, the tribes in the water were splashing  around like fish. 

• Like 6

Fuck Andy, and fuck that tribe of dimwits. I liked John, but beyond that, he was stupid AF to start playing into Andy's 'let's get whatshername' BS. He should have agreed and then told her what was up. I hope Andy makes that team miserable and blows up everyone's game.

@iMonrey, I'm with you, I don't even wanna watch any more.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I can't wait for the other tribes' reaction when they see they kept the weirdo guy who just started blabbing and bleating on. They'll probably conclude these people are idiots. 

After they are shocked by the vote they will start to salivate at the idea that they may get a chance to choose Andy as the rep for his tribe for a "journey" in the future. 

How much pressure will it take for him to rat out his whole tribe to the other two tribes' reps?  Especially those he thinks he is aligned with.  Gatu deserves it's fate.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

#1:  What the actual fuck?

#2:  I love all you people. I know I say this every season, but I really mean it.  The snark is strong in this group, and I am so here for it.  I had so much business travel this summer that I had to skip Big Brother this season, and I didn't realize how much I missed my snarky Primetimer Forum peeps!

• Like 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This "take your flint if you're the losing team" crap is BS. I hate that. It just further disadvantages the weakest tribe and makes it that much more likely they will keep losing.

Yeah; I think I wrote a friggin dissertation on the subject last season, in the Fix the Show thread.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This "take your flint if you're the losing team" crap is BS. I hate that. It just further disadvantages the weakest tribe and makes it that much more likely they will keep losing.

Would be funny as hell if somebody on the dimwit tribe had actually prepared and could make a friction fire with all that dry bamboo laying around.

Screw you, Jeff!

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 2

Looks like the Survivors can never win here. After several seasons of tribes voting out their stronger players first, this season the first loosing tribe finally realizes they need to keep a strong player who's good at challenges. So I say, it's about time...and well played!

1 hour ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Looks like the Survivors can never win here. After several seasons of tribes voting out their stronger players first, this season the first loosing tribe finally realizes they need to keep a strong player who's good at challenges. So I say, it's about time...and well played!

Except there is no evidence Andy was all that strong nor that each challenge will be brute strength.  And maybe next time he just stops helping entirely until the rest of his tribe stops and applauds his every move.  Or he just quits before the next challenge period.

You never keep a crazy, whiny, ticking time bomb over someone who is actually sane and functional.

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

The cool kids club.  That should be obvious because some young male got his feelings hurt because his tribe wasn’t impressed with his coconut chopping skills.

I just think it’s funny that they talked about needing Andy’s strength, when you could argue him spazzing out in the sidelines may have made them lose the IC.  And they had a come from behind win in the beach challenge, but that was a puzzle.  No real physical strength needed.  How do they know Andy’s macho pride won’t get hurt next week again?  Are they supposed to stop and applaud him if he picks up a branch?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

How do they know Andy’s macho pride won’t get hurt next week again?  Are they supposed to stop and applaud him if he picks up a branch?

Spoiler alert:  I believe they showed them applauding his coconut chopping in the previews! 😂

• LOL 7

Can’t teams keep their fires going 24 x7? If they can losing their flint wouldn’t be such a problem. And don’t contestants practice making fire with a bow drill or hand drill just in case?? Maybe I’ve been watching too much Naked and Afraid….

• Love 1

This is not about any specific post but about the thread in general.  Maybe a mod or admin can weigh in.  In the  "olden days" there was a live chat thread for each Survivor episode, and an episode thread.  And there was a mod dedicated to the forum who would set them up to lock/unlock at the appropriate time. 

I think at some point there was an informal survey about whether we should continue to have live vs. post-show threads, and there was a bit of a consensus that people liked having the the live chat in a separate thread.

But... if there's not a mod who will lock the live thread when the show's over, we end up like where we are now, with two active threads about the episode, with some posting to one and some to the other.

I would propose that we either go to a single episode thread, or the mod/admin team dedicate a person to locking/unlocking threads at the right time (maybe that can be automated?). (And please don't say "someone just needs to flag the thread and a mod will look at it".  This is something that's going to come up every week of every season.)

I don't follow any other shows that have dedicated live-chat-only threads, so I don't know if there's some kind of precedent for how this should be handled.

Interested in others' thoughts.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Kendra143 said:

Can’t teams keep their fires going 24 x7? If they can losing their flint wouldn’t be such a problem. And don’t contestants practice making fire with a bow drill or hand drill just in case?? Maybe I’ve been watching too much Naked and Afraid….

Well… TPTB can giveth, so I reckon TPTB can take away as well.  It wouldn’t surprise me overmuch if while Production crews 1 & 2 are visiting the winners’ camps to deliver their tool sets, there’s a Production Crew #3 who goes to the loser’s camp and extinguishes their fire to guarantee maximum impact of the confiscation of their flint.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
19 minutes ago, CM-BlueButterfly said:

Just out of curiosity, if there's a new live chat thread for every episode and not one live chat thread for all, why wasn't the live chat thread repurposed into the episode thread afterwards? 

Please see my comment above. Historically, we had a dedicated mod who created and locked the live-chat and regular-episode threads at the appropriate times. People seemed to like it that way.  Now we’re on our own, and either we need to come to a consensus on what threads to create and use, or we need a mod to create and lock threads as appropriate. I’m fine either way, I just don’t like having two open, active threads for the same episode. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone, 

the conclusion of the moderator team's debate was to leave the live chat format as is. Kindly start the topic yourself. A moderator will then lock it after the airing of the episode on the West Coast. (Please let us know if anyone needs the thread to stay open past 11 p.m. Pacific Time). 

As always, episodes should be discussed in their respective episode threads once the airing of the episode has concluded in your respective time zone. 

Thank you, enjoy the season and happy live-chatting!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2