Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E9: A Picture Worth a Thousand Words

• Start Topic

(edited)

The ladies head to wine country for Heather's fundraising event with Family Equality; Jenn has a court date to determine her financial future; the group must figure out how to support Shannon and Alexis during a lawsuit deadline.

First aired on 9/5/2024.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Thanks 2

Aside from talking shit about Heather have we seen anything Katie does enjoy?

And for someone who spends time with Tamra I find it hard to believe she’s afraid of a spider.

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
(edited)

Why would Alexis and John get invited to an Oscar party? It's D list "celebrities" that make the cut now?

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 10
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Why would Alexis and John get invited to an Oscar party? It's D list "celebrities" that make the cut now?

Maybe it was a party hosted by Bravo or Andy?? Doubt it was the Elton John party...

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, FlyingEgret said:

Maybe it was a party hosted by Bravo or Andy?? Doubt it was the Elton John party...

Probably more likely they know who made the carpet.

• LOL 20

Is the Ring camera video from the night of Shannon's DUI? If so, I'm surprised it wasn't already discovered in the ensuing investigations by the police or insurance companies. And whose Ring camera is it? I thought they were living at Shannon's house.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

I don’t know how Shannon is going to get home but I hope she doesn’t have to be on that private plane with Alexis.  As Emily was saying I also thought being an empty nester and alone made it very hard for Shannon.

• Like 15
3 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Is the Ring camera video from the night of Shannon's DUI? If so, I'm surprised it wasn't already discovered in the ensuing investigations by the police or insurance companies. And whose Ring camera is it? I thought they were living at Shannon's house.

There’s a big difference between releasing it to the police/insurance company and TMZ/media blogs. Shannon doesn’t want people (aka us) to see it.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

There’s a big difference between releasing it to the police/insurance company and TMZ/media blogs. Shannon doesn’t want people (aka us) to see it.

But she's saying she doesn't know anything about a video.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

But she's saying she doesn't know anything about a video.

Right, she didn’t know until they just told her about its existence, which made her cry and decide to tell her lawyer to just give him what he wants, presumably to keep the video from coming out, since just minutes before finding out about the video she told her lawyer not to give him a penny more than half.

• Like 5
(edited)
22 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

The police and the insurance companies don't release information about investigations, especially (the police in this case) about such a case, meaning it's not a serious case. And even regarding serious cases the police never releases all the information they have. But some information, including videos can leak to the media. 

Shannon and John broke up almost a year before the DUI. They never lived together, and she was renting a house close to his house at the time. Walking distance close. She moved to the house we see on the show later on. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7

As much as I hate to defend Johnny Boy, Shannon’s story about sending him a pic of her bloody face after the accident and him not replying isn’t the damning thing she thinks it is. He was sick of her drunk behavior, tried to get her to stay and she sped off. I can see him just going to bed and ignoring his phone, thinking it’s her drunk calling him again…am I missing something? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

As much as I hate to defend Johnny Boy, Shannon’s story about sending him a pic of her bloody face after the accident and him not replying isn’t the damning thing she thinks it is. He was sick of her drunk behavior, tried to get her to stay and she sped off. I can see him just going to bed and ignoring his phone, thinking it’s her drunk calling him again…am I missing something? 

We saw photos of John helping her for some time after the DUI. Getting groceries for her, driving her around, etc. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

The police and the insurance companies don't release information about investigations, especially (the police in this case) about such a case. 

Shannon and John broke up almost a year before the DUI. They never lived together, and she was renting a house close to his house at the time. Walking distance close. She moved to the house we see on the show later on. 

I don't mean they would have released evidence to the public. I mean that Shannon and her legal team would have been aware that the video existed as evidence (if it, in fact, did).

• Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

I don't mean they would have released evidence to the public. I mean that Shannon and her legal team would have been aware that the video existed as evidence (if it, in fact, did).

It's possible that John didn't give the video to anybody, including the police because it was not exactly relevant to the actual hit and run, and DUI. He was probably still trying to protect her. They were friends, and they parted ways later on. 

There is a Ring video from a house near the house Shannon hit with her car, the one that was given to TMZ, and other media. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)

John Janssen just denied Shannon's recollection of events the night of her DUI arrest, claiming, "In order to make sure Shannon would have someone there for her the moment she was released, I waited outside the jail for hours before bringing her home to care for her."

John alleged that he "bathed Shannon, fed her, and brought her to her medical appointments, while tending to her every need, and looking after Archie for 10 days following her arrest."

"Although we were no longer together as a couple the night of her DUI, and the traumatic events my daughters and I endured were still fresh in my mind, it was important to me that Shannon have someone to look after her," he shared.

"I made every possible attempt to try and get a hold of her in the hospital, however, officials told me she was under police custody and I was forbidden from coming there," he claimed. "However, that did not stop me from coordinating with her family to ensure I'd be there for her as soon as she was released from custody."

And another link below about John Janssen seen with Shannon outside her house immediately after her DUI, helping her up the stairs (photo). 

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/20/shannon-beador-surfaces-ex-boyfriend-john-janssen-after-dui-arrest/

https://people.com/rhoc-recap-shannon-beador-says-ex-john-janssen-suing-her-is-extortion-8706651#:~:text=John alleged that he "bathed,10 days following her arrest."

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
(edited)

I want to bop Tamra, and I'm not  a violent  person. She really  wants  to bring  Shannon down,  perhaps  even more than Alexis. Shannon  took an uber to a bar, if she wanted  to drink, wouldn't  she have stayed  at home. I've sat in a bar, and I don't  drink. Sometimes  you just need to get out of the house. She looks really  well  in her TH.

Apart from that, all I can see is Tamra's crusty face all over the internet, after her brow lift and CO2  resurfacing,  oozing..why would  anyone  want to see that. Her daughter  doesn't  want to be on the show, and they obviously  aren't  close.

Gina and Travis, I hope they can clear everything  up, their children, and Gina's  stomach are suffering 

Edited by dancingdreamer
  • Like 16

Can someone tell Bravo that this isn’t entertainment? I do feel bad for Shannon and I understand why she didn’t want to sit the season out but exploiting your own drunk driving arrest is disturbing. Is she out of the legality of it?  John Jansen is an asshole but she stayed with that asshole for a long time. 
Tamra continues to be the one of the grossest housewives ever. She is giddy as she passes judgement on Shannon drinking while discussing it with the others.  It’s up to Shannon to want to quit drinking. Tamra is a friend to no one.  
In the spirit of ratings they brought Alexis back to make things worse for Shannon. Unfortunately she is not fun or interesting to watch. If Shannon was stronger she could go to the dinner and ask if she should pick up Alexis tab since her man needs Shannon’s money to fund his new idiot girlfriend .

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 3

He did this because Shannon was ruining his reputation?

What reputation?

I really hope god doesn’t have a plan that involves the RHOC….

There is a plan, but it sure isn't God's...

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

It's been that way since she first joined.

To me, Tamra is one of the 3 most influential HWs ever (the other 2 being Bethenny from RHONY and Teresa from RHONJ), in terms of how her addition changed the franchise.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

So Johnny J was upset that Shannon wasn't singing his praises post breakup so he sued her and threatened to release embarrassing videos to prove what a great guy he really is? Make it make sense.

Alexis! This has her desperate need for attention written all over it. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

This is all so sad for Shannon. Yes, she did something very wrong, but I dislike that Bravo is exploiting it and brought back Alexis to further the drama. At least Heather tried to separate her and Alexis so they’d have minimal interactions. This season is just a nightmare and not what I’d hoped for in a housewives season. 

I almost think Evolution was seeing that this was not going the way they thought.  I do think Gina and Emily as well as Heather were truly worried for Shannon.  The fact that Evolution did not push Tamra to tell her about the video tells me at this point they probably were worried she may do self harm.

I am not saying Evolution cares about anyone but $$$ same as Bravo but Shannon has been beaten down to a point I would be genuinely worried except I am pretty sure she is doing better.

I also think that friend who put the dots together is Jeff Lewis.  I am not a Shannon fan but all this over 75k when he wants us to believe he is a millioniare?  It seems so petty.

• Like 15

Just a quick kadooz to Heather for getting involved in Family Equality. The loving and supportive way she talks about her kids makes me really like her- in spite of her new money snootiness. Of course, she’s selling a product-cuz Heather is nothing if not A.B.C. (Always be closing!) but at least all proceeds go to the organization.  She’s fully on her kids side and that’s awesome. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Can someone tell Bravo that this isn’t entertainment? 

It really isn’t anymore.  They’ve fought and been nasty in the past and maybe this isn’t any different, so maybe it’s me.  It’s kinda depressing to watch now. 

And I agree with the notion that Tamra totally relishes the downfall of others.  That smirk…..

• Like 17
  • Applause 1

I know what I am going to say will seem mean and uncaring about Shannon and may be unpopular. 

Ever since she began this show, she has had a poor relationship with alcohol as well as her partners.  Neither is fun to watch.  She has had one problem after another every season she is on.  Some may be of her making, some not.  What bothers me is 1), she is still drinking which tells me she is in denial (not that it should matter to me), 2) her drama must override every event.  Her drama took over Heathers event which I found really interesting, had everyone talking about her problems and hijacked the episode.  I am not here for Shannon's repeated issues.  Now if she truly was working on herself like she claims, I would be rooting for her.  She is in major denial.  I thought I also heard her lie about passing out after the accident.  No, she got out and pretended she was walking Archie. It could be that she is just like someone I know that affects my feelings about her.  It is ALWAYS about her and her poor choices. The pic she sent Johnny J was a fuck you, see what you caused to happen.  He is icky but he was her icky for a long time.  It was nice of him to care for her and Archie after her drunken accident. He didn't have to.  It felt a little dirty to defend him at all.

Tamra and her crusty face can walk and she needs to take the other Amigas with her.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
45 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I thought I also heard her lie about passing out after the accident.  No, she got out and pretended she was walking Archie

I think she meant that she blacked out. She also said she went through her texts later and found the pic she took and didn't remember sending it. She was blackout drunk. I am wondering if this is the moment that Shannon said offer the entire amount with the clause they can't say anything bad about each other and he declines. Up until this episode Shannon has said she wasn't paying him the entire amount.

Shannon is making me very sad and that's not why I watch this show. I need the show to lighten up a little. This is too much real life for me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Arynm said:

I think she meant that she blacked out. She also said she went through her texts later and found the pic she took and didn't remember sending it. She was blackout drunk. I am wondering if this is the moment that Shannon said offer the entire amount with the clause they can't say anything bad about each other and he declines. Up until this episode Shannon has said she wasn't paying him the entire amount.

Shannon is making me very sad and that's not why I watch this show. I need the show to lighten up a little. This is too much real life for me.

thanks for the clarification!

2 hours ago, Arynm said:

She also suffered a concussion, so that would have blacked out memory as well. 

• Like 8

Shannon is probably extra emotional because she isn't drinking as much and going through withdrawal. Even though she is still drinking, it's probably not like it used to be when she was with the group (and probably when she is by herself), and you can go through withdrawal pretty fast-- a few hours--- if you are significantly reducing your alcohol. I learned this when I quit drinking-- I was still drinking a few glasses of wine a day, but felt horrible-- panicky, emotional, shaky-- I had to go a week without any alcohol to get back to normal, and then I would have raging headaches for a month after that. Doctor said it's because my brain was wanting the alcohol. It's rough to quit drinking-- even if it's just reducing the amount you are drinking-- if you are physically dependent, and Shannon probably does struggle with the physical addiction piece of it. 

Katie complains a lot. Not really digging her any more.

I'm glad Vicki wasn't at the wine thing. That said, she and Shannon are going on a tour! I think they are both hysterical. They are at comedy clubs in Irvine and Anaheim. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am so tired of Alexis whining about how hard it is to film with Shannon. Why do you think Bravo brought you back? It certainly wasn't for your wit and personality. And of course she is as much a part of the lawsuit as Jansen is. She even admitted it by saying that she said to him "Lets just settle". Not "You should settle". Both she and Johnny J are showing what despicable people they are. I am just sad that Shannon is being put through the wringer again by Bravo. Can't they find a new target?

Heather claims to be supporting Shannon, but in her TH makes a snide remark that she has never ordered a mocktail in a bar. You do realize that if Shannon wanted to drink, she could just drink at home, right Heather? 

I love how Heather's reason for moving to LA has morphed from moving to reboot her career (her claim a couple of seasons ago) to moving for her children as apparently the OC is not as progressive as LA is. And of course the kids have to chime in to support Heather's claim. No mention any longer of her dead and buried career. It is nice that she supports her children, but she is hardly a unicorn in that department. But then, no one loves Heather Dubrow more than Heather Dubrow. 

BTW, my hubby has no idea that I watch a show that Heather is on, and has no clue who she is. When Heather appeared on Million Dollar Listing LA a couple of weeks ago, a minute or so into her appearance hubby said "That woman is really annoying". Now MDLLA is full of annoying people, and this is the first time he has ever said that about what to him was a random person appearing on the show. Lol. 

I totally enjoyed Tamra's daughter giving her one word answers during their phone call. And of course Tamra has to let us know that her son totally talks her ear off now. Of course we have to take Tamra's word for that, and we know she never lies. 

And in other news, Jenn is only getting six thousand dollars a month in support for her children for her upkeep. Gotta keep sleeping naked with Ryan I guess.  Desperate times, and all that. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This whole ring footage seems a little suspect to me. If John had footage of Shannon nearly hitting his child why wasn’t it given to the police and included in her charges? That is a reckless endangerment charge, more serious than a DUI. Even if she pled down it would have been in the initial charges. So why wasn’t it and why is it news to Shannon?

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Heather claims to be supporting Shannon, but in her TH makes a snide remark that she has never ordered a mocktail in a bar. You do realize that if Shannon wanted to drink, she could just drink at home, right Heather? 

I love how Heather's reason for moving to LA has morphed from moving to reboot her career (her claim a couple of seasons ago) to moving for her children as apparently the OC is not as progressive as LA is. And of course the kids have to chime in to support Heather's claim. No mention any longer of her dead and buried career. It is nice that she supports her children, but she is hardly a unicorn in that department. But then, no one loves Heather Dubrow more than Heather Dubrow. 

Heather's reasons for wanting to move to LA the first season was because the OC didn't have any good restaurants. 

Did Jenn have a black eye in her conversation on the phone with Katie? Her right eye was all bruised.

Heather says she is in a good place with Katie, but then right away says she doesn't want to sit by Katie on the plane. 

The only one that laughs at Gina's jokes is Gina.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Did Jenn have a black eye in her conversation on the phone with Katie? Her right eye was all bruised.

I saw that too! I assumed it was from a recent Botox injection or other cosmetic procedure 

• Like 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I want to bop Tamra, and I'm not  a violent  person. She really  wants  to bring  Shannon down,  perhaps  even more than Alexis. Shannon  took an uber to a bar, if she wanted  to drink, wouldn't  she have stayed  at home. I've sat in a bar, and I don't  drink. Sometimes  you just need to get out of the house. She looks really  well  in her TH.

Apart from that, all I can see is Tamra's crusty face all over the internet, after her brow lift and CO2  resurfacing,  oozing..why would  anyone  want to see that. Her daughter  doesn't  want to be on the show, and they obviously  aren't  close.

Gina and Travis, I hope they can clear everything  up, their children, and Gina's  stomach are suffering 

Tamra, Emily, and Gina who all mentioned Shannon's drinking on the trip, something we saw ourselves too, and at a bar (that was on social, and regular media) are not responsible for Shannon drinking in public. She is. It would be better for her if she didn't participate this season, a couple of months after her accident.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It really isn’t anymore.  They’ve fought and been nasty in the past and maybe this isn’t any different, so maybe it’s me.  It’s kinda depressing to watch now. 

And I agree with the notion that Tamra totally relishes the downfall of others.  That smirk…..

It's not different from the past. Slade avoided paying child support for his sick kid who eventually died (this went on for several seasons), Brooks and Vicki concocted a fake cancer scheme, Gina had a DUI, as well, and Shannon made terrible comments (about her kids taken by CPS). 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I know what I am going to say will seem mean and uncaring about Shannon and may be unpopular. 

Ever since she began this show, she has had a poor relationship with alcohol as well as her partners.  Neither is fun to watch.  She has had one problem after another every season she is on.  Some may be of her making, some not.  What bothers me is 1), she is still drinking which tells me she is in denial (not that it should matter to me), 2) her drama must override every event.  Her drama took over Heathers event which I found really interesting, had everyone talking about her problems and hijacked the episode.  I am not here for Shannon's repeated issues.  Now if she truly was working on herself like she claims, I would be rooting for her.  She is in major denial.  I thought I also heard her lie about passing out after the accident.  No, she got out and pretended she was walking Archie. It could be that she is just like someone I know that affects my feelings about her.  It is ALWAYS about her and her poor choices. The pic she sent Johnny J was a fuck you, see what you caused to happen.  He is icky but he was her icky for a long time.  It was nice of him to care for her and Archie after her drunken accident. He didn't have to.  It felt a little dirty to defend him at all.

The police report said she was pretending she was walking Archie, and that she had no connection to hitting the house. She said on the show that she passed out, not blacked out. It's not the same. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1