Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E7: The Gloves Are Off

• Start Topic

(edited)

The scenes with Gina and Emily — comedy gold. “I’m holding a weapon (pickleball racquet) and I’m not even using it!!!” Gina storms off in a grand, dramatic exit and can’t open the door to the house. Then the tearful make up. 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, Emily’s assessment of Gina’s and Heather’s dynamic is pretty spot-on.

Heather is obviously too good to take her own plate to the kitchen. I would have left it. I’m not her maid. Now, she bitches about having to carry her own luggage. Pro tip, hun: Don’t pack so damn much for a short trip.

Tamra is vile. If she ever loses this gig, she could run a brothel. That pool table business was gross. She and Alexis give “being Christian” a bad name.

Alexis, I can pretty much guarantee that John Janssen’s (why do they have to keep using his full name? everybody knows who he is, like Rinna and Harry Hamlin) treatment of Shannon is coming attractions of how he is going to treat YOU someday. Again, Emily is so right. Move TF on and live your wonderful, idyllic life, Lex. If Shannon did indeed almost run over John’s kid, why the hell didn’t he call the police when that happened? For that matter, why didn’t he call the cops when she left his house drunk? 

Had to again LOL with the dog looking into the camera with the voiceover, “Why did I sign up for this?” A question that we are all asking, my friend. Excellent sound editing, that.

Jenn — you are raising five Little Jenns who will be just as clueless and irresponsible as adults as you apparently are. Stop enabling before it’s too late.

Tamra: In your case, “butthole” does indeed equal “heart”. Her disingenuous “concern” for Shannon absolutely enrages me beyond words. I will give Shannon this — she calmly walked away from the table. That is a huge improvement over past public arguments. 

The biggest mistake this show made was in letting Tamra Judge come back. And I say this with absolute love: This should be Shannon’s last season as a regular castmember. This constant toxicity will destroy her. Getting and staying sober is hard enough without “friends” like Tamra constantly kicking out the slats beneath her. We all know Tamra was just squirrelling away more ammunition to use against Shannon at that dinner. I really hate her.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

If Shannon did indeed almost run over John’s kid, why the hell didn’t he call the police when that happened? For that matter, why didn’t he call the cops when she left his house drunk? 

I'm guessing because he was also drunk, or at least drinking.  Shannon and Johnny Douchebag were drinking buddies as well as a couple.  Or, it didn't happen.  Both could be true. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 5
58 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm guessing because he was also drunk, or at least drinking.  Shannon and Johnny Douchebag were drinking buddies as well as a couple.  Or, it didn't happen.  Both could be true. 

May have been. In that case, if I were him, I’d be careful about what I say.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

…..and Heather.

Yeah. She’s really showing herself this season. I guess being fake for ten years starts to wear on a person.

Her entitled behavior at La Quinta made me dislike her even more. “I’m taking my pineapple.” ‘“Why can’t we have people come to the door for our luggage?” Subtext: “I’m too good to clean up after myself and pick up one bag” 👎

I’d love to see production arrange some kind of trip for her and Terry, and punk them both by sending an old beater to their door rather than a stretch limo. Sort of like Vicki and the family van, only with meaner intent.

• LOL 8
On 8/23/2024 at 3:27 PM, Dr Mama said:

It is grammatically correct if it is referring to her by her last name--replace "Storms" (her proper name) with "woman" or "person." The confusion is that her last name SOUNDS plural (and would be the plural of the singular noun "storm"), but she is NOT using the noun, she is using the proper name. Say it with a last name like "Jones" and it sounds correct.

A further clue--she says "this Storms"--if it were plural, it would have to be "THESE storms."

It would not be grammatically correct if she were using the plural noun "storms."

And I believe the antecedent of "it" in this tagline is "the harshest of times." "Harshest" should be singular--you can't have multiples of the most extreme ("-est").

I don't love the tagline, but I think it is grammatically correct.

It’s grammatically correct in the sense that she, singular, is “this Storms.” But it’s not grammatically correct in the sense of the wordplay on “storms,” a plural noun. 

(Not to mention her metaphor makes no sense because a storm doesn’t “weather” anything.)

She needs something that will work grammatically in both senses, like, “You think I can’t weather your drama? Well, look out for Storms!” Which is also shitty, but not as shitty as what she’s currently saying.

I will die on this hill, people! 

No, not really. 

I WILL die on the hill of Tamra being an asshole, but it seems unlikely that anyone’s going to challenge that at this point. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

If Alexis is asked back for another season, her tagline will probably be "With the help of Jesus and Johnny J, I can weather any Storms."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 20
On 8/23/2024 at 6:21 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This is the only reason why Tamra became friendly with Alexis, was for dirt on Shannon. 

They are friends for some time, before Shannon's problems.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:09 PM, Mar said:

I know there are different ways that viewership and ratings are compiled. This is from Wikipedia. The show is not doing well! One chart shows average viewers over the years and the other chart shows this season episode by episode.

IMG_5310.thumb.jpeg.7338967dea0e981ff8d021b059a919d5.jpeg

I’m having trouble posting both charts in my previous post so I will add the other chart here.

IMG_5311.thumb.jpeg.ce2b60022267874b22e08272fbc1798d.jpeg

No old shows appear to be doing well because there are so many more cable channels now, and streaming services. In reality, this one is doing well enough. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, ladle1 said:

It’s grammatically correct in the sense that she, singular, is “this Storms.” But it’s not grammatically correct in the sense of the wordplay on “storms,” a plural noun. 

(Not to mention her metaphor makes no sense because a storm doesn’t “weather” anything.)

She needs something that will work grammatically in both senses, like, “You think I can’t weather your drama? Well, look out for Storms!” Which is also shitty, but not as shitty as what she’s currently saying.

I will die on this hill, people! 

No, not really. 

I WILL die on the hill of Tamra being an asshole, but it seems unlikely that anyone’s going to challenge that at this point. 

Yeah--the sentence is grammatically correct as written, but I like your rewrite so much better than what she actually says! It keeps the word play but sounds way better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alexis uses bad grammar, too. I can't think of a specific example (because there are so many), but she always says, "Johnny J and I," in sentences where it should be "me." Like "Shannon not paying back that $75,000 is bad for Johnny J and I." 

I mean both uses are cringe, but it really irks me, especially in the THs with Alexis nodding her head in earnest while sporting her "There's Something About Mary" hair! 🤣😂

• Applause 2
  • LOL 7

Thinking as I’m reading these comments about the women “needing the Bravo paycheck”. I think in some cases, the need for the “paycheck” is a result of their behavior brought on by being on the show. I understand that alcoholism is a disease that isn’t induced because you have a camera in your face. But the vile, “he said, she said”, etc…things that are amplified by being on camera and encouraged by production certainly keep situations from being worked out or handled privately. In most cases, these women had their own circle of friends. I just wonder if the divorces, friendships, bad business decisions, etc. would have happened had these women just gone about their business and stayed the “Untelevised Housewives of BH”.

• Like 6
On 8/24/2024 at 10:42 AM, Arynm said:

The daughter, Sidney, asked Tamra to not post pictures of her graduation and Tamra did anyway, that's why Sidney ghosted her again.

This is all Tamra's fault. If she wanted to be in Sidney's life she would do what she asked for, which is to not talk about her on camera and use her as a storyline. There is a letter about this from Sidney on Reddit explaining the entire drama. She just wants to be left alone.

Tamra makes me sick.

The way I understood it, was that there was the first incident, that was Sidney graduation, where Tamra posted pictures of them together and Sidney was pissed since she asked her not too. That was back in 2017. But more recently, Tamra on this episode said she saw Sidney at SOPHIA's HS graduation (which was recently, as Sophia is 18), and she thought they were friendly, but Sidney ghosted her after the graduation. So Sidney was just nice to Tamra to be pleasant and respectful to her sister and family, but after the event, it was back to normal estrangement. 

• Like 1

I’m rewatching the season when the recently discarded Chateau Dubrow was being built, and Heather had a fun hoedown to rub it in everybody’s face — complete with a model of the chateau. Heather wanted everyone to write something nice, which would be put in a time capsule. Got me wondering if they dug that up, or just forgot about it.

That was also the episode that introduced Meghan and Jim Edmonds before they joined the circus, and David got her a drink, making Shannon jealous. A reference was also made to Shannon’s  drinking, by Heather to Terry. (Heather, BTW, was a total bitch to Shannon.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2024 at 10:42 AM, Arynm said:

The daughter, Sidney, asked Tamra to not post pictures of her graduation and Tamra did anyway, that's why Sidney ghosted her again.

This is all Tamra's fault. If she wanted to be in Sidney's life she would do what she asked for, which is to not talk about her on camera and use her as a storyline. There is a letter about this from Sidney on Reddit explaining the entire drama. She just wants to be left alone.

Tamra makes me sick.

This is old information, from 2017. Sidney is 24/25 now. She didn't say anything about her mother using her as a storyline now. Sidney is in the entertainment industry herself. She has a BA in Cinematography and Film/Video Production, and she held jobs in film and TV production in Los Angeles for years. 

On 8/24/2024 at 11:27 AM, RoseAllDay said:

The scenes with Gina and Emily — comedy gold. “I’m holding a weapon (pickleball racquet) and I’m not even using it!!!” Gina storms off in a grand, dramatic exit and can’t open the door to the house. Then the tearful make up. 🤣🤣🤣 Seriously, Emily’s assessment of Gina’s and Heather’s dynamic is pretty spot-on.

Heather is obviously too good to take her own plate to the kitchen. I would have left it. I’m not her maid. Now, she bitches about having to carry her own luggage. Pro tip, hun: Don’t pack so damn much for a short trip.

Tamra is vile. If she ever loses this gig, she could run a brothel. That pool table business was gross. She and Alexis give “being Christian” a bad name.

Alexis, I can pretty much guarantee that John Janssen’s (why do they have to keep using his full name? everybody knows who he is, like Rinna and Harry Hamlin) treatment of Shannon is coming attractions of how he is going to treat YOU someday. Again, Emily is so right. Move TF on and live your wonderful, idyllic life, Lex. If Shannon did indeed almost run over John’s kid, why the hell didn’t he call the police when that happened? For that matter, why didn’t he call the cops when she left his house drunk? 

Had to again LOL with the dog looking into the camera with the voiceover, “Why did I sign up for this?” A question that we are all asking, my friend. Excellent sound editing, that.

Jenn — you are raising five Little Jenns who will be just as clueless and irresponsible as adults as you apparently are. Stop enabling before it’s too late.

Tamra: In your case, “butthole” does indeed equal “heart”. Her disingenuous “concern” for Shannon absolutely enrages me beyond words. I will give Shannon this — she calmly walked away from the table. That is a huge improvement over past public arguments. 

The biggest mistake this show made was in letting Tamra Judge come back. And I say this with absolute love: This should be Shannon’s last season as a regular castmember. This constant toxicity will destroy her. Getting and staying sober is hard enough without “friends” like Tamra constantly kicking out the slats beneath her. We all know Tamra was just squirrelling away more ammunition to use against Shannon at that dinner. I really hate her.

I don't doubt John didn't have the time to call the cops after Shannon left because she literally crashed her car seconds after she left his house, a few houses from his house.

• Like 1
On 8/22/2024 at 9:09 PM, bosawks said:

Well, this doofus spilled half a bottle of rosé on himself and now I feel like I’m watching this shitshow sitting next to Lisa Vanderpump.

IMG_7404.jpeg

He is adorable!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 8/24/2024 at 1:24 AM, Dr Mama said:

"Even in the harshest time, this Storms will always endure."

How about "even in the harshest (or stormiest?) weather, this Storms will always endure."

I love all the replies regarding the proper wording because it indicates how boring we all found this episode, lol.

I will never ever like Tamra, she is only out for herself, she is a friend to no one. I read a post from her daughter Sidney (recent or not recent?) post about Tamra, and I applaud Sidney for putting a foot down dealing with such a toxic parent. 

On WWHL, Andy said he is loving the addition of Alexis. Really, Andy? You're probably the only one that feels that way. Do better.

Edited by IntrovertRed
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

The way I understood it, was that there was the first incident, that was Sidney graduation, where Tamra posted pictures of them together and Sidney was pissed since she asked her not too. That was back in 2017. But more recently, Tamra on this episode said she saw Sidney at SOPHIA's HS graduation (which was recently, as Sophia is 18), and she thought they were friendly, but Sidney ghosted her after the graduation. So Sidney was just nice to Tamra to be pleasant and respectful to her sister and family, but after the event, it was back to normal estrangement. 

Sydney has repeatedly asked Tamra not to mention her on TV, but Tamra continues to do so. Sounds like Sydney was being an adult in a public forum and being cordial.

The fact that Tamra brought that up on camera, is just going to lead to an total estrangement 

• Like 9
26 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

This is old information, from 2017. Sidney is 24/25 now. She didn't say anything about her mother using her as a storyline now.

I am going to go with Sidney hasn't said Tamra can talk about her, so her letter still stands.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Alexis uses bad grammar, too. I can't think of a specific example (because there are so many), but she always says, "Johnny J and I," in sentences where it should be "me." Like "Shannon not paying back that $75,000 is bad for Johnny J and I." 

I mean both uses are cringe, but it really irks me, especially in the THs with Alexis nodding her head in earnest while sporting her "There's Something About Mary" hair! 🤣😂

A lot of these women misuse the subject pronoun "I" in place of the object pronoun "me." Tamra, Jenn and Shannon have done this and I drives me crazy; I end up yelling at my t.v., "Me, not I!" whenever I hear this.  I don't know if some native English speakers think this is the correct usage, but unfortunately, it seems fairly common nowadays.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Sydney has repeatedly asked Tamra not to mention her on TV, but Tamra continues to do so. Sounds like Sydney was being an adult in a public forum and being cordial.

The fact that Tamra brought that up on camera, is just going to lead to an total estrangement 

I feel bad for Tamra, but she does it to herself. Why is it so difficult for her to respect Sydney's wishes?

52 minutes ago, la patineuse said:

A lot of these women misuse the subject pronoun "I" in place of the object pronoun "me." Tamra, Jenn and Shannon have done this and I drives me crazy; I end up yelling at my t.v., "Me, not I!" whenever I hear this.  I don't know if some native English speakers think this is the correct usage, but unfortunately, it seems fairly common nowadays.

I've noticed that on a lot of the Bravo shows I watch.

• Like 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

And then she cries, “My kids want nothing to do with meeeeeeeeee!” Simon could be a bastard, but he was totally right to insist his kids be kept off camera.

8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I feel bad for Tamra, but she does it to herself. Why is it so difficult for her to respect Sydney's wishes?

I've noticed that on a lot of the Bravo shows I watch.

I edit for a living, and that grammatical error is like fingernails on a blackboard to me. Yes, you hear it constantly on Bravo. But there seems to be an “anything goes” attitude creeping into grammatical rules, so it is here to stay.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, la patineuse said:

That is SO annoying. It hurts my ears. Grammar rules have become very loose because they’re not really stressed anymore in schools, and the vernacular sets the standard. “I” may sound more “authoritative” than “me”, but it’s NOT CORRECT in all uses. GRR. (Getting off my high horse now…)

• Like 8

Also heard frequently on these shows (and all over now)..."her and I".  As in, "Her and I went to the Quiet Woman for dinner."  Drives. Me. Insane.  Absolute nails on chalkboard territory.

And to ensure this is episode related...I don't think I laughed once.  I miss when these shows had at least some levity to offset the drama.  Now it's just allll fake drama and I miss the fun.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Arynm said:

I am going to go with Sidney hasn't said Tamra can talk about her, so her letter still stands.

Sidney is not exactly a nice person. She didn't talk to her sister and brother for many years (until now), because they chose to live with Tamra and not talk to Simon. Spencer didn't even let Simon be at his high school graduation.

It says something if two out of three Tamra's kids wanted to be with her, and thought Simon was causing most of the problems- he was taking Tamra to court for custody issues, etc. for as long as he could. 

Edited by ZettaK
Grammar, etc.
  • Useful 3
On 8/23/2024 at 8:27 AM, 65mickey said:

Has she blown through all of her divorce settlement money? It looks like she has. The rehab. program that she attended to satisfy the mandates of her DUI sentence must have been a joke.  She is a desperate woman. Desperate for friends, money and  so desperate for the attention of a man that she took $75,000 from him and spent almost 1/2 of a facelift.  She said that she didn't sign a promissory note but was there a verbal understanding that she repay the money? She has shown that she gets so drunk that she can't remember what she does and says. 

I have no respect for Johnny J because he is blackmailing her with the videos. Either pay up or he will show the videos. But I have no sympathy for Shannon. She has brought all of this on herself and she blames all of her misfortune on everyone else.  She is a sad and immature woman and she needs to get off the show and work on herself. I'm still wondering about her lemon business, haven't heard her mention it in a long time. 

Would showing private videos of Shannon, when J and she were a couple, ...would that be a violation of California's  "porn privacy law" ?

Forgive me, I did not use the correct terms, but I am referring to the law that says you cant publicly show naked photos of your former signficant other andblack mail them ?

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Would showing private videos of Shannon, when J and she were a couple, ...would that be a violation of California's  "porn privacy law" ?

Forgive me, I did not use the correct terms, but I am referring to the law that says you cant publicly show naked photos of your former signficant other andblack mail them ?

I don't think they are this kind of "private". They are Ring videos from inside and outside John's house. They show Shannon’s behavior, as opposed to what she claims.

Edited by ZettaK

Jenn, trying to get Tamra to be kind to Shannon is a futile effort. Tamra doesn't have a kind bone in her body. 

Tamra was once again a horrible person at dinner. Asking the producers if Shannon was getting a drink while Shannon was in the bathroom and then claiming that Shannon was yelling at her when Shannon didn't yell.

I don't understand Alexis and her crying dramatically on the bed. How has Shannon ruined John's life? I believe Shannon when she said she paid for a lot of stuff in their relationship

• Like 12
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

It says something if two out of three Tamra's kids wanted to be with her, and thought Simon was causing most of the problems- he was taking Tamra to court for custody issues, etc. for as long as he could. 

Yeah, but no. I've definitely seen enough to Tamra (and Ryan - eeek) to know she's the issue.

Their settlement called for shared custody. The kids picked sides. Sidney was a teenager and she chose to live with Simon, similarly, Spencer chose to live with her. Spencer has subsequently reconciled with his father. 

Tamra's behavior is behind the continued rift with Sidney. Sidney asked her Mom, privately and then publicly, not to discuss her on the show and in the media. Yet, Tamra has repeatedly done so. It's a trust issue and Tamra's shown she'll use anyone, including her estranged daughter, to make herself look better publicly. 

She's just a vile person.

• Like 2
  • Applause 13

I was traveling and I recorded the episode. I watched it very early this morning.

There was a special, half hour episode on Bravo last night, titled "Then and Now" about this season's cast members (like a mid season update of the current season). Shannon said that the night of the DUI John told her not to drive from his house because she was drunk, but she ignored him, and she sped off to "show" him, with the result of crashing into a nearby house.

Shannon mentioned on the show, and told most of the women that John never paid for any expenses (she still wanted to be with him after he broke up with her though). But it seems the $75,000 was his reimbursement, as Gina said. Shannon thought they were back together at the time of her DUI. 

Emily: Heather is the Godfather, and she has her rings out, and everyone just kiss them when they enter the room. And then Gina falls to her knees and lays on the sword. And then Heather still doesn't accept her apology! 

Jenn is upset Will, her ex husband never went to spa days (or something similar) with her? But Ryan can because nobody knows, including Jenn if he has a job, and if so, what that is. 

Jenn's teenagers got a curfew (for example) at Ryan's house, they never had one before. Maybe Ryan is not so bad after all. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Yeah, but no. I've definitely seen enough to Tamra (and Ryan - eeek) to know she's the issue.

Their settlement called for shared custody. The kids picked sides. Sidney was a teenager and she chose to live with Simon, similarly, Spencer chose to live with her. Spencer has subsequently reconciled with his father. 

Tamra's behavior is behind the continued rift with Sidney. Sidney asked her Mom, privately and then publicly, not to discuss her on the show and in the media. Yet, Tamra has repeatedly done so. It's a trust issue and Tamra's shown she'll use anyone, including her estranged daughter, to make herself look better publicly. 

She's just a vile person.

Spencer didn't reconcile with his father (according to the link). He reconnected with Simon when he got a cancer diagnosis. As for Tamra, she reconciled with Simon after his diagnosis, and she even cooked for him, and brought the food to him. They live near each other, and Simon had a girlfriend at the time, and for some time. 

As for Ryan, Ryan had a father, as well, not only a mother. It was shared custody, and he spent time with his father.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 8/24/2024 at 2:19 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Her entitled behavior at La Quinta made me dislike her even more. “I’m taking my pineapple.” ‘“Why can’t we have people come to the door for our luggage?” Subtext: “I’m too good to clean up after myself and pick up one bag” 👎

Heather is full of herself. Pretentious, uptight and condescending. And as one of the women said, she has virtually no sense of humor. 

Shannon’s a mess, but Tamra is going to break something falling of that high horse of hers.  She really thinks she’s the morality police whose job it is to teach lessons to everyone else on how to behave? Lmao And then ends with “I’m having a party, and I want you to come” and Shannon practically genuflects at her feet over the invite. Gross. 

Shannon is codependent. Her inner people pleaser wants Tamra's approval even when Tarmra is horrible to her. In fact, that probably makes her want it more. She thinks it's all she deserves. This is likely why she put up with David for so long and wants John back, even though he didn't treat her well either. Tamra senses that she's in the power seat and Shannon is weak, so she keeps messing with her. Tamra is the epitome of a mean girl. 

Gina & Emily were both right. Gina does crave Heather's friendship/approval, while Emily has been a way bigger bitch since hanging out with Tamrat.  I believe one is way worse than the other so Team Gina, but...I am glad they talked it out because they're really the only organic friendship on this shitshow. 

More people pleasing. Heather has the upper hand. Gina will keep doing this dance with her unless she figures out it's not healthy. Emily does seem more aggressive and like she's modeling after Tamra. 

Boo to Teddi making an appearance. She adds nothing. She’s not a good housewife and she isn’t good tv. I think Tamrat likes having a dull sidekick so she can be the more exciting one.

Why is Teddi coming on here? Wasn't she on RHBH? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

And then she cries, “My kids want nothing to do with meeeeeeeeee!” Simon could be a bastard, but he was totally right to insist his kids be kept off camera.

I edit for a living, and that grammatical error is like fingernails on a blackboard to me. Yes, you hear it constantly on Bravo. But there seems to be an “anything goes” attitude creeping into grammatical rules, so it is here to stay.

I've noticed this too. I wonder if it's because texting is so prevalent. 

One thing that bugs me is when people say "myself" instead of "me" or "I." I hear it all the time and not just on reality shows. The Bachelor and Bachelorette are big offenders, and so are the real estate shows. 

Was Tamra this horrible when she was married to Simon? I don't remember. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I think you’re referring to revenge porn. 

36 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I've noticed this too. I wonder if it's because texting is so prevalent. 

One thing that bugs me is when people say "myself" instead of "me" or "I." I hear it all the time and not just on reality shows. The Bachelor and Bachelorette are big offenders, and so are the real estate shows. 

Not to the same degree, but there was Naked Wasted.

42 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Heather is full of herself. Pretentious, uptight and condescending. And as one of the women said, she has virtually no sense of humor. 

Shannon is codependent. Her inner people pleaser wants Tamra's approval even when Tarmra is horrible to her. In fact, that probably makes her want it more. She thinks it's all she deserves. This is likely why she put up with David for so long and wants John back, even though he didn't treat her well either. Tamra senses that she's in the power seat and Shannon is weak, so she keeps messing with her. Tamra is the epitome of a mean girl. 

More people pleasing. Heather has the upper hand. Gina will keep doing this dance with her unless she figures out it's not healthy. Emily does seem more aggressive and like she's modeling after Tamra. 

Why is Teddi coming on here? Wasn't she on RHBH? 

Just one more layer on the shit cake. Why not Teddi? Why not Brandi while we’re at it, and just totally sink this franchise?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Not sure if these are grammatical errors, but I feel you just need to listen to Alexis talk and find errors. In 2 seconds of listening, Alexis has said,

"There are a lot of lies that have been spoken about John"

"I didn't even know what you are could exist." (referring to meeting John)

"I will no longer be squelched." (referring to having Shannon shush her). 

Did people notice that Katie said she like the OC because "There were better restaurants here." I feel like that was motivated by Heather (on her first season) complaining that she and her friends wanted to start a restaurant because there were no good restaurants in the OC. Heather compromised by getting a personal chef.

• Like 2
(edited)

Ooh! I want to play along in the tagline game! 

“Even in the harshest of times, this Storms will always weather it"?

This is sort of like “that’s that me espresso,” which really makes no sense at all, unless espresso is an appositive for me, so “that’s me, espresso” with another “that” thrown in there ostensibly for rhythm. Otherwise, I can’t fathom what that means. But back to Shannon. “This Storms” is herself, so replace with “I” and it makes sense grammatically, but the metaphor itself doesn’t make sense since the expression is “weather a storm.”  The problem is “storms” do the damage, but she’s setting herself up as the victim who will persevere. She could position herself as fighting back against all the haters (I.e., Tamra, Alexis, and Johnny J) and say something like “Someone get Jim Cantore to the OC because a Storms a brewin’!” Or, if she wants to continue acting victimized by the consequences of her own actions, then at least something like “After a tempestuous year, I’m hoping the Storms Beador-mant” (the storms be dormant).

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Or, if she wants to continue acting victimized by the consequences of her own actions, then at least something like “After a tempestuous year, I’m hoping the Storms Beador-mant” (the storms be dormant).

Playing too! I don't think that Shannon wants to refer to herself as dormant (though many fans might disagree). 

On 8/25/2024 at 12:03 AM, ZettaK said:

They are friends for some time, before Shannon's problems.

I don't think so. When Tamra went to visit Alexis at her home, she exclaimed, "Can you believe I am visiting you?" It was the first time it seems she had been to her home in a LONG time. And obviously, or to me, she wouldn't have shown up it wasn't being filmed, and she would ldn't have made a point to let the cameras know that she could barely believe she was there herself. 

• Like 4

We did see Shannon fix herself a drink at La Quinta.  She filled a jigger and added a large glass of club soda.  While saying that she was drinking is correct, she never appeared inebriated.  Also, so what if Gina likes Heather?  Is Emily going after Gina because Emily really doesn’t like Heather?  Or does Emily not like Heather because Gina likes her?

• Like 2
(edited)
On 8/26/2024 at 10:30 PM, JenE4 said:

This is sort of like “that’s that me espresso,” which really makes no sense at all, unless espresso is an appositive for me, so “that’s me, espresso” with another “that” thrown in there ostensibly for rhythm. Otherwise, I can’t fathom what that means. But back to Shannon. “This Storms” is herself, so replace with “I” and it makes sense grammatically, but the metaphor itself doesn’t make sense since the expression is “weather a storm.”  The problem is “storms” do the damage, but she’s setting herself up as the victim who will persevere. She could position herself as fighting back against all the haters (I.e., Tamra, Alexis, and Johnny J) and say something like “Someone get Jim Cantore to the OC because a Storms a brewin’!” Or, if she wants to continue acting victimized by the consequences of her own actions, then at least something like “After a tempestuous year, I’m hoping the Storms Beador-mant” (the storms be dormant).

Oooh, I like “Storms a-brewin’”! 

On 8/26/2024 at 7:35 PM, Sweet-tea said:

She was bad, but Simon was also horrible, which perhaps occluded her horribleness. 

“Naked Wasted” was the point of no return though. 

Edited by ladle1
  • Like 4
On 8/26/2024 at 7:35 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Yes she was. Watching earlier seasons on now I have no idea why Bravo thought bringing her back was a good idea. She’s always been a nasty witch just as she is now. And her creepy husband was even creepier back then than he is now. Two famewhores who deserve each other. 

• Like 3

I don’t know what the latest is with Simon, but Eddie is probably one of my favorite husbands on Housewives. He seems so nice and has this gentle way about him, opposite of his wife. 

• Like 6
On 8/27/2024 at 10:48 AM, bravofan27 said:

Playing too! I don't think that Shannon wants to refer to herself as dormant (though many fans might disagree). 

I don't think so. When Tamra went to visit Alexis at her home, she exclaimed, "Can you believe I am visiting you?" It was the first time it seems she had been to her home in a LONG time. And obviously, or to me, she wouldn't have shown up it wasn't being filmed, and she would ldn't have made a point to let the cameras know that she could barely believe she was there herself. 

The statement above (by somebody else) was that Tamra became friends with Alexis to get damaging information about Shannon after her falling out with Shannon. She didn't, because they were friends before (or as friendly as these women can be). You don't have to be at somebody's home to be friendly. People can meet outside for dinner, etc., and they do according to their social media, and they communicate/comment on social media, as well, something that those two did. Andy Cohen said they met at BravoCon, as well.

22 hours ago, ladle1 said:

Oooh, I like “Storms a-brewin’”! 

She was bad, but Simon was also horrible, which perhaps occluded her horribleness. 

“Naked Wasted” was the point of no return though. 

Simon was no prize. Bravo was airing older episodes today, and I watched a few scenes. Tamra met with Jeana Keough somewhere outside to discuss Jeana's disparaging comments to media outlets regarding her divorce to Simon. It seems Simon was arrested because he entered Tamra's house although he was not allowed (I assume she had taken a protective order when they separated), and it was not the first time. He was fighting with her in front of the children. Simon was creating custody issues for years after the divorce, that's why two of the kids decided to live with Tamra. Jeana, who tolerated her own husband's behavior called Tamra to ask her to tell the police she was drank and she lied about Simon, in order not to destroy Simon's reputation! BTW, this is what led to the confrontation between Jeana and Tamra at that season's finale party- Jeana continued making statements to the media. 

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t know what the latest is with Simon, but Eddie is probably one of my favorite husbands on Housewives. He seems so nice and has this gentle way about him, opposite of his wife. 

I dislike almost every male partner across every franchise of this show, to varying degrees, but I have to say that I’m a sucker for camera shots of Eddie calmly eating at parties while screaming and chaos erupt around him. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, ladle1 said:

I dislike almost every male partner across every franchise of this show, to varying degrees, but I have to say that I’m a sucker for camera shots of Eddie calmly eating at parties while screaming and chaos erupt around him. 

He's always got a bowl of something. 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 4