Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Fear of the Future

• Start Topic

PARPUS_EVIL_411_HDR_2749020_1920x1080.jp

The team receives disappointing news; Kristen meets mysterious stranger Ellie, who claims to be an old friend of Sheryl's; a game between the two reveals disturbing information about Kristen's future and about Ellie herself.

Premiere Date: August 1, 2024      Paramount+           

GOZrk1cacAAYO1O?format=jpg&name=large

Anna Chlumsky as Ellie

• Like 2
(edited)

Anna Chlumsky?   I thought she died of a bee-sting as a kid.

I have never been pregnant, so could someone more qualified please validate or call b.s. on Kristen's instant acceptance of Timothy?   The kid is HALF Leland.  He was produced because Leland stole and raped Kristen's egg.   After all the horrible things Leland has done to her and those she claims to love ... after this final indignity of contaminating her egg with his horned swimmers against her will  ... how can she be all of a sudden "oh happy day, i have a baby?" 

More generally, how can Kristen be so angry at Andy when Sheryl verified that Andy was kidnapped and his mind juiced by LELAND?  Surely, Andy is/was not in full possession of all his faculties, and may never be again   That has to count for something.

And besides, the whole time Andy's in a hospital, Kristen is getting a buzz on and saying things like "I wish I had two lives, both of them for [David]."  That's some serious hypocrisy.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Andy is cheating on Kristen? Of course he is.  I guess I can stop disliking her being so into David now.  where did Andy get the masks??
whoa.  So this woman is Laura.  Time travel is here. I thought there was a rule about not meeting yourself, or messing with the timeline.  But this is Evil, so… I do like that Ben is close to them all. I love how smart the girls are.  So, the baptism didn’t work. 

It took me until the hearing to change lawyers, that I recognized his lawyer! 

okay, that makes more sense.  I figured out who she was, when she showed up at the house at night, and threatened “her sister”. 

gorgeous baby. ❤️

• Like 3

Leland isn't that powerful. He is an underling. Is he going to be punished for killing demonic manager (s). 

Timothy is her child and deserving of her love.

She never had an affair with David or considered leaving her husband. She had one car incident when she was possessed before being exercised. I am not sure how she feels about it because she is adamant about not believing in either side of the religious supernatural. She is attracted to David and kissed him however she chose her commitment to her marriage and her family much like David chose his to God and Church.

We don't actually know what Sheryl disclosed to Kristen. She may not have disclosed what happened to Andy per se. If she had I think kristen would have visited him immediately to apologize for assuming drug use and addiction.

Andy is a mess. His gf is awful.

Interesting episode 

• Like 9

I didn't recognize Chlumsky with dark hair, and it took me awhile to recognize John Carroll Lynch too.

We never saw the face of Andy's girlfriend at the mental hospital, so Ellie could still be Laura from the future. How much did Sheryl know about the visit to the collider and why would she have put it on the thumb drive to Andy?

Baptizing Timothy doesn't prevent him from becoming the AntiChrist? Bummer.

• Like 4

I’m confused. People are talking about the last episode as if it was the end of the season. I knew that the King’s filmed four more episodes but I just kind of assumed that we’d have to wait a while to get them. So, we’re getting them right away?

11 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I’m confused. People are talking about the last episode as if it was the end of the season. I knew that the King’s filmed four more episodes but I just kind of assumed that we’d have to wait a while to get them. So, we’re getting them right away?

Yes!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Leland isn't that powerful. He is an underling. Is he going to be punished for killing demonic manager (s). 

Timothy is her child and deserving of her love.

She never had an affair with David or considered leaving her husband. She had one car incident when she was possessed before being exercised. I am not sure how she feels about it because she is adamant about not believing in either side of the religious supernatural. She is attracted to David and kissed him however she chose her commitment to her marriage and her family much like David chose his to God and Church.

We don't actually know what Sheryl disclosed to Kristen. She may not have disclosed what happened to Andy per se. If she had I think kristen would have visited him immediately to apologize for assuming drug use and addiction.

Andy is a mess. His gf is awful.

Interesting episode 

Timothy being baptized negated his position as the anti-christ, no?

I thought Sheryl came clean (to Andy) via the  jump drive about everything that had been done to him. So if Kristen watched that, she should understand how Andy's mind has been seriously altered and is still healing from torment.

I'm not convinced he left the hospital of his own volition.

Edited by TakomaSnark
  • Like 7

I don’t think Andy is in control of his mind yet. It’s too convenient that he is cheating so Kristen can be with David. I did like the story of Ellie pretending to be Laura from the future. I can’t believe a baby wouldn’t wake up crying with an air horn going off by his crib but I get it-he’s no ordinary baby. I hope whatever happens, Kristen understands what was done to Andy and can forgive him.

• Like 9

Kristen has four daughters and had her eggs frozen. Clearly she likes children and has made a place for them in her life. Taking on Timothy isn’t a stretch. If she was childless it would be a bigger deal. 

• Like 9
(edited)

Holy f*ck. Losing her job is the cherry on the major life stressor cake.  And drinking with Ellie, in retrospect, not helping.

I wonder if Andy now, with his suggestible brain, believes she is Lynn. I winder if she is hellspawn. Oh,  probably. 

The good sister should help with Timothy. It seems like something David could arrange now.  I wonder why the church is ending the assessor program.  it isn’t more expensive than it was last week. I guess the coming evil makes it unnecessary. it is good to see the trio work together and support each other. 

leland is being taught the length of his leash. Good. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Timothy being baptized negated his position as the anti-christ, no?

I thought Sheryl came clean (to Andy) via the  jump drive about everything that had been done to him. So if Kristen watched that, she should understand how Andy's mind has been seriously altered and is still healing from torment.

I'm not convinced he left the hospital of his own volition.

Yes. She knows from Andy's flash. It not clear her flash contained that information in fact I Don't think it did. By the time she watched it Andy had already... the gf had already committed deceitful, insidious and homicidal acts worthy of Medea.

Andy is in a highly suggestive state. He's easily manipulated. It is possible that pieces are being arranged. Leland doesn't want Timothy killed and he wants Kristen free from distractions to raise him. There's a rival anti-Christ team who may want him dead. Then why split up Kristen and Andy. The Entiry might want him dead or perhaps they want Jristen and David together to raise him in a godly household.

It's a lot of pieces.

The lawyer was an awesome reveal. Now if he was Kristen's dad.   Oh wouldn't that be glorious.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

I wonder if Andy now, with his suggestible brain, believes she is Lynn.

If Andy believes Ellie is Lynn, and Ellie was the woman in the mask, that means Andy is ... well ...

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1

I totally forgot that Kristen slept with a satanist in season two. According to people on another site. 

when she first appeared (Ellie), I thought she was one of Leland’s people.  

Was Timothy’s mother arrested, too? the surrogate.  

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Anela said:

I totally forgot that Kristen slept with a satanist in season two. According to people on another site. 

when she first appeared (Ellie), I thought she was one of Leland’s people.  

Was Timothy’s mother arrested, too? the surrogate.  

Yes. Timothy was on offer to the biological mother because Leslie and Leland were both arrested. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

George eating popcorn and snorting Sheryl’s ashes while wearing Sheryl’s wig. He’s back, y’all!!! 💙😆

The Archdiocese is terminating the assessor program even though it’s proven to be quite successful. I see what you’re doing here, EVIL. That’s meta.

Does Ellie get the idea of “Laura from the future” from Chris Halliwell arc in Charmed?

I think what hurts Kristen the most is when Andy says “I met someone”. It implies it’s more than sex. He’s breaking up with her after 20 years together. Should “a whore of Babylon” be mad about the cheating part?

Is this Andy Bouchard’s last appearance in EVIL? If yes, EVIL does him dirty. On top of being an underdeveloped and badly written character, they give him an infidelity arc to push him out. 

If EVIL wants to push Kristen and David closer together as the endgame, just do it organically. Turning Andy into a cheater feels disingenuous and shoehorned. Then getting Ben to address the elephant in the room with his “you guys belong together” remark is so cheesy. This isn’t a Hallmark movie.

But I have to admit that Mike Colter’s delivery in his scene with Aasif Mandvi is amazing. He is passionate but we can sense a bit of bitterness too. 💙

“What you see behind me is a secret room in Leland Townsend’s apartment. This is where Leland drained you of blood and brain matter for several months. I need to warn you, Andy. Your mind isn’t always your own now. You’re highly suggestible.”

I wonder if Andy has the opportunity to watch Sheryl’s confession because Ellie has the USB. And Kristen’s reaction to this big reveal is singing a lullaby to Timothy? That’s very anticlimactic. 

Among all the daughters, Lexis has the best reaction to her parents divorcing.

“Is Father Acosta our dad now?” 

😂😂😂

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

George eating popcorn and snorting Sheryl’s ashes while wearing Sheryl’s wig. He’s back, y’all!!! 💙😆

That was hilarious. I love how they brought him back. I also noticed the questions Leland was being asked at one point were from that questionairre Kristen gave LeRoux in the first season. I like those little callbacks.

I think what hurts Kristen the most is when Andy says “I met someone”. It implies it’s more than sex. He’s breaking up with her after 20 years together. Should “a whore of Babylon” be mad about the cheating part?.

I agree that it's not so much the cheating itself that bothers Kristen, but some of the other stuff surrounding it. He's supposed to be focusing on getting better, he had to go away because he put his daughter in danger...and this is how he's spending that time. Plus, I think it's the whole thing of how this sort of thing is just not Andy - like, yeah, he's away a lot and everything, but he's always been faithful, so for him to do this is kind of throwing her off. 

Plus, if she's feeling guilty about her own feelings for David, and the hookup she had with that guy a couple seasons back, I mean...a very common reaction to that sort of guilt is to lash out at others for doing the very things you're too scared to blame yourself for or face, so...

All of that being said, I do agree with the sentment that Andy is definitely not in his right mind and susceptible to being manipulated at the moment, and lord knows Ellie was a HELL of a manipulator. She had ME convinced she was Laura, or at least, genuinely believed she was (and, honestly, she may well have believed that for real). The whole showdown where she was creeping into the house was INTENSE. The girls have shown a remarkable ability to handle all the chaos that's been thrown at them thus far, but if they aren't already in therapy, they really need to be. 

If EVIL wants to push Kristen and David closer together as the endgame, just do it organically. Turning Andy into a cheater feels disingenuous and shoehorned. Then getting Ben to address the elephant in the room with his “you guys belong together” remark is so cheesy. This isn’t a Hallmark movie.

Honestly, that whole scene amused me because much of the episode was giving off some incredibly strong Ben/Kristen vibes to me, with the way he was always right there to comfort Kristen and threatening to kill Andy and being all sympathetic to her situation and whatnot :D  And I do like that particular ship, so I ain't complaining about any fanservice, in that regard, even if it wasn't intentional on the show's part. Mind, I also know the show would never go there with those two and I do like Kristen/David, too, so...

But that's a whole other topic unto itself :p. But yeah, I did like all the scenes between Ben and Kristen this episode in general, however one wanted to read them. 

But I have to admit that Mike Colter’s delivery in his scene with Aasif Mandvi is amazing. He is passionate but we can sense a bit of bitterness too. 💙

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, I loved that scene, too. That was so good. I felt so much for David there, and I lloved his explanation for why he's so devoted to his job as he is. When he talked about how spending five minutes on the laptop made him want to stick his head in an over...I felt that :p. Colter knocked that whole rant out of the park. 

I also really like that those two got to have that scnee together, 'cause yeah, Ben was asking about David's devotion to his job in the context of his feelings for Kristen, but considering the two of them had been working together well before Kristen came on the scene, and considering the fact that he's always struggled a bit with the fact that David is so comfortable in his faith and his religious beliefs and so on, this was a great opportunity for him to really get to better understand David on that level, too. I think he has a much clearer idea of why David is who he is now. 

All the talk about the assessment team having to be shut down made me sad. Really driving home the finality of it all :(. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

The girls have shown a remarkable ability to handle all the chaos that's been thrown at them thus far, but if they aren't already in therapy, they really need to be. 

And they really need to delete that Demon Detector app. It will drive them bonkers.

It’s funny that in between all the chaos, cutie Timothy remains calm and happy. Is he really Leland’s? 😆

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

The note in the credits said “If you skip this, the show will be canceled. Oops.” Love them calling out Paramount for canceling the show. 

Ah, so that’s how Ellie new so much. It was smart of Laura to sneak a picture of the license plate. I was wondering how Timmy could still be the antichrist after Sheryl had him baptized. Even if it worked, there’s still Lexis to worry about.

Agree that Andy probably still isn’t well, but with only a few episodes left, it seems like they’re removing him from the equation.

David’s speech to Ben was great. In the scene where he’s hugging Kristen, it’s clear that he’s struggling.

Oh hey, George! I cracked up at him sitting on the bed eating popcorn. He’s just like me! Well, I was eating ice cream, but close enough. 

So the assessor program is being shut down and Kristen has five kids and is losing her job. What a shitty day she had. 

• Like 10

Why do these girls answer the door for strangers? Why do these girls wander around outside in the dark? IRL Kristen wouldn't have to worry about having 5 kids because four would be dead due to their stupidity. 

This episode felt short.

I hate that networks ruin shows before sunsetting them. I hope Evil finds a new home.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It’s too convenient that he is cheating so Kristen can be with David.

Yes, it looks like they’re just doing a quick switch with things so the series can end with Kristen and David together. I almost wish they hadn’t added the concluding episodes. I’d have preferred it with an unfinished ending. I’m beginning to hate Paramount. Once they get hold of a show (or if it’s their show to begin with) they always seem to cancel it, even when they are good and have high ratings. They should change their name to Doomed+. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Then getting Ben to address the elephant in the room with his “you guys belong together” remark is so cheesy. This isn’t a Hallmark movie.

lol That was so bad. The whole feel of the show has changed with this episode. Like it’s a different show. I’m afraid they’re going to rush through everything, conveniently changing things as it suits their ending of the show. Andy cheating, shutting down the assessor program… Maybe Sister Andrea will run away with Father Ignatius and live happily ever after. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Why do shows insist on putting its male and female lead together? It is just fan service? Newsflash: Men and women can be just friends in real life. It happens all the time.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for Kristen in this situation. She's cheated on Andy before and she's in love with another man right now. Plus, it looks like Andy might not fully be in control of his actions. Boy did they do Andy dirty in this episode. But then I've never understood why Kristen was married in the first place. They do whatever they can to keep Andy out of the picture. 

I did like the possible time traveling story with Ellie/Laura. That would be an interesting turn of events if it turns out to be true. Liked everything with Ben, though I hope we get some resolution with Ben and the djinn. 

And then there's David. I'm sure temptation is part of being a priest. He seems so devoted to his faith. Can we please just let him stay that way? In case you can't tell, I hate, hate, hate the idea of David deserting the church for Kristen. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, millennium said:

If Andy believes Ellie is Lynn, and Ellie was the woman in the mask, that means Andy is ... well ...

Lynn is interested in becoming a nun. Laura was the daughter who tried to kill.

The woman was the gf across the hall.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ferjy said:

lol That was so bad. The whole feel of the show has changed with this episode. Like it’s a different show. I’m afraid they’re going to rush through everything, conveniently changing things as it suits their ending of the show. Andy cheating, shutting down the assessor program… Maybe Sister Andrea will run away with Father Ignatius and live happily ever after. 

I feel Andy cheating is fair, he was damaged and is capable of being manipulated by evil. I’m assumining there is evil gathered around him and his is still an active pawn. Maybe it is just that he has a smell that attracts evil like flies

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

The actor who plays Andy, has his own show with his wife, on paramount.  
so, he didn’t watch what Sheryl left for him, but his girlfriend did? He didn’t know about the baby.  

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

So many meta moments!!

"We're successful and they terminate us?!!  You're out of a job in a month!"  (4 more episodes)

Mike Colter was AMAZING telling Ben "I made a commitment, everyone breaking promises but I will not". 

To me, Ben is like a brother to Kristen.  I loved at the wake for Sheryl, Ben talks to the girls and when they all start chattering at him he just walks away. Yep, we're right there with you Ben. 

I lol'd at George: "This is getting exciting".  Yeah no kidding. 

I loved the way this episode switches everything up.  They're kind of at a stand still, til they find out what the future holds. Fear of the future is right.  

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Lynn is interested in becoming a nun. Laura was the daughter who tried to kill.

The woman was the gf across the hall.

I know, but I knew what Affogato meant and didn't want to come across as pedantic.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, SeanBug said:

To me, Ben is like a brother to Kristen.  I loved at the wake for Sheryl, Ben talks to the girls and when they all start chattering at him he just walks away. Yep, we're right there with you Ben.  

LOL, I liekd that, too D. I ove the girls' chatter, but that was just such a typical Ben response to them XD. HIs bond with them is so entertaining and cute. 

• Like 8
25 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

LOL, I liekd that, too D. I ove the girls' chatter, but that was just such a typical Ben response to them XD. HIs bond with them is so entertaining and cute. 

His reaction to them is such a sign he's family, like an uncle who's known them for so long he can be a little dismissive.  But then he goes to the house and starts repairing windows that were damaged in the storm, without anyone asking him to. 

David wouldn't walk away, he'd engage with them and then try to get them to do something else "let's go find your Mom and see how she's doing".   He's never really had as much interaction with them as Ben, but remember how angry he got when the Vatican guy wanted him to help them spy on Lexi. 

Two very different men, but both loving this family in their own way. 

• Like 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Wyndsong said:

And then there's David. I'm sure temptation is part of being a priest. He seems so devoted to his faith. Can we please just let him stay that way? In case you can't tell, I hate, hate, hate the idea of David deserting the church for Kristen. 

I really hate it too (caveat: I’m Christian, so it’s hard for me to turn that part of my brain off), but I’m not certain that will happen in the end. Especially after seeing this episode play out. I’m thinking Ellie isn’t a legit patient but a plant at the hospital who is intentionally manipulating both David and Kristen. And Kristen seemed a little more ambivalent about divorce by the end of the episode. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, millennium said:

I know, but I knew what Affogato meant and didn't want to come across as pedantic.

Oh. Sorry if I came across as pedantic. They are cramming a lot in these last episodes. It is easy to get mixed up. I was pretty sure that we weren't dealing with a worm hole to the future. Just to oddball to throw in right now.

I am not exactly sure whose agenda was being served. Leland wants Kristen with Timothy with Timothy; Timothy alive. Andy gone would be great for Leland.

George's presence supports Leland or a demonic influence at work.

Killing Timothy... I keep coming back to that rival anti-Christ and the fact that suddenly Leland seems less than.

His demon watchdog demeaned him.

His lawyer practically had him groveling.

Skin suit had to clean up after him.

Maybe killing Timothy is just another clean up job.

Maybe getting Leland off is the prelude to killing him.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Castiels Cat said:

Oh. Sorry if I came across as pedantic. They are cramming a lot in these last episodes. It is easy to get mixed up. I was pretty sure that we weren't dealing with a worm hole to the future. Just to oddball to throw in right now.

I am not exactly sure whose agenda was being served. Leland wants Kristen with Timothy with Timothy; Timothy alive. Andy gone would be great for Leland.

George's presence supports Leland or a demonic influence at work.

Killing Timothy... I keep coming back to that rival anti-Christ and the fact that suddenly Leland seems less than.

His demon watchdog demeaned him.

His lawyer practically had him groveling.

Skin suit had to clean up after him.

Maybe killing Timothy is just another clean up job.

Maybe getting Leland off us the prelude to killing him.

It is possible the vatican intelligence group is involved. They might want Timothy killed, for example. And a conspiracy from the church might drive David from the priesthood. Not much time, though. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, ferjy said:

I’m beginning to hate Paramount. Once they get hold of a show (or if it’s their show to begin with) they always seem to cancel it, even when they are good and have high ratings. They should change their name to Doomed+. 

Doomed- (Doomed Minus). 😃

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
19 hours ago, Anela said:

Was Lexis baptized? I can’t remember if the girls were baptized or not.  I’ll have to google.  

I doubt it since Kristen is not religious and in fact so against it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, steph369 said:

I doubt it since Kristen is not religious and in fact so against it. 

I wasn’t sure when they decided they didn’t believe anymore.  I didn’t finish my re-watch that I started in May.  

• Like 1
(edited)
On 8/1/2024 at 6:16 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

THIS. I know they had to wrap things up quickly after being canceled but dear lord, that whole storyline was icksome as hell to me. And I'm not religious at all but I think it would be gross to end with David leaving the priesthood. They really should've just. Not ever started it with them, but alas, I am in the minority there.

Honestly, after what they just did to Andy, I kind of wish they HAD just killed him instead. At least then the characters that were supposed to love him would still do so. This way just feels mean.

And I love Kristen, I truly do, but holy crap, girl, you have been flirting with and emotionally cheating on your husband since season one, not to mention the literal cheating. Be hurt and angry, absolutely, but it's frustrating as hell to know that with the way she is, she'll probably never eventually realize just how hypocritical she is.

I really hope there IS more to this story, what with the flash drive and Andy vanishing immediately and us never actually seeing his apparent girlfriend's face. I don't hold much hope for this storyline, though.

In happier news, Lilah gets a wife!! I love it. (Which leads to still wonder if Ellie really is future Laura or not--she knew a lot that she could've learned from Andy, sure, but other stuff? Liiike, I can't see Andy or Sheryl on the flashdrive mention Lilah seeming not straight to them, as hilarious as it'd be. ;P Also did Andy even know Lynn wants to be a nun? The Lexis and Timothy stuff could be from the flashdrive, but the B+ student thing? Nah, I find it more likely to be weirdly true that she's Laura OR as someone else said, be a plant from the Leland side of things, still making sure to ruin their lives.)

Edited by snoopypez
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Affogato said:

It is possible the vatican intelligence group is involved. They might want Timothy killed, for example. And a conspiracy from the church might drive David from the priesthood. Not much time, though. 

Yes. I wondered that. And also they could be behind splitting up the assessirs to focus David on their work.

However demonic elements were also present. It was a Gordion's knot of plot to throw at us in the 11th hour.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 5

George is back!!! George is back!
George alone makes this episode great!

So is Anna Chlumsky really from the future? just a loony? a Vatican agent? an Evil servant?

I got confused a bit about the role of Lexy, is she guarding the little 666 so she must be stopped?

• Like 3

My opinion is Ellie is an AoS. They seem to have people everywhere! It would also explain why Andy hasn't looked at the flash drive yet. She's distracted him with MaskSex!

I hope he does get to see what's on the drive. Kristen has it now. Reason may prevail and she can see it all leads back to Leland. Maybe this family can be a family. They've had more than their share of problems (no problems=no drama=no show). But, geeze...

David and Ben's scene was gold from BOTH of them. Just a fabulous scene with David explaining how he feels after looking at his laptop and Ben reacting that he understands his friend and co-worker a bit more after that. 

Mike Colter is coming to DragonCon this year. I know it's too much to hope Katja and Assif show up for an EVIL panel. Still, one can dream. 

• Like 6
On 8/1/2024 at 7:24 PM, millennium said:

OMG! Shades of Oldboy (if anybody has ever seen that movie…)

• Like 1

The writing for this episode was so bad. I don’t believe at all that Andy is actually cheating of his own mind. It’s such a wildly out of character behavior. It pissed me off so much that Kristen didn’t even watch the whole video on the flash drive to get all the information. Andy has been victimized so much on this show and that was her reaction to finding out what was going on? Closing and tossing away the laptop and not watching it as if she didn’t believe it/didn’t care? If that’s really how they end that storyline that is some garbage.

Kristen, did you forget that you cheated on Andy? I guess it’s ok then because you were possessed but Andy being mind-controlled is somehow different. 🙄 Does she even know that Andy was forced to almost kill Lexi or does she still just think it was drugs? 

Please do not let Kristen and David end up together. The male and female leads of a show do not have to always become a couple, that is idiotic fanservice that I do not want to see. The whole scene in her office I was pleading “Do not kiss! Stop it, walk away!”

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 9:10 AM, Zaffy said:

George is back!!! George is back!
George alone makes this episode great!

So is Anna Chlumsky really from the future? just a loony? a Vatican agent? an Evil servant?

I got confused a bit about the role of Lexy, is she guarding the little 666 so she must be stopped?

She seemed pretty nutty to me. Spun conspiracy theories after watching the stick obsessively.

The masks were Kristin's sex masks from when she was possessed. Is that a hint

They also hid the face of who Andy actually is with. There may be two women. A crazy conspiracy woman and an inmate lover.

The writers crafting things to keep us on our toes or keep us guessing.

I think it's just one loon.

I think the painting is of Kristen. Leland is suddenly seeming very minor in the scheme of things. He's been manipulated.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 4
(edited)

I think this is a red herring in a way. It was too bizarre and weird and I just can't see the writers being stupid and having this be a dream a la Dallas. 

I don't know that Ellie is from the future and I don't know that all of what she said will come true, but I'm thinking the particle accelerator is involved. That story line was never tied up and has just led to Ben wearing aluminum foil. So .... My thoughts are, we'll follow this silly trail for another episode and then the particule accelerator will undo EVERYTHING and potentially take us back to the very beginning when the program first started. It's why they didn't kill Andy. He'll be back and normal. Everyone will continue their paths from the beginning and Leland won't matter, k's mom won't be evil, it will just unravel. Leaving us all a little annoyed but enjoying how they end it. And science will win (with maybe sister Andrea having tea with George and winking at the camera).

Or it's a horrible cancer dream of Ben's. Something will unravel everything. Maybe it's all in Bogg's mind?

Edited by hatchetgirl
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

I mean do we really think Kristen and David should be together? They are the most unlikely couple ever. There's no chemistry at all between the actors. Who is shipping this?

The actress is attractive enough but nothing is interesting or deep about the character that would drive a man to leave the church for her. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I mean do we really think Kristen and David should be together? They are the most unlikely couple ever. There's no chemistry at all between the actors. Who is shipping this?

The actress is attractive enough but nothing is interesting or deep about the character that would drive a man to leave the church for her. 

I dunno re shipping. The character of Kristen is interesting. The climbing. The devotion to being a mother. The willingness to change her life and throw herself into it without looking back. 

• Like 4

I don't know how big the shipping community is for this show in general, but I have run into a copule Kristen/David shippers out there. I like them and think they have an interesting dynamic, but I'm also still not certain yet that the show is definitely going to put them together at the end. This show does have a tendency to go where you don't expect it to go, after all, so just because some of the pieces may be setting up to hint at them getting together, that doesn't automatically mean that's what will happen. 

And even if it does? I mean, the show will be winding down/done by then, so ...*Shrugs*. 

• Like 3
On 8/4/2024 at 5:23 PM, hatchetgirl said:

I think this is a red herring in a way. It was too bizarre and weird and I just can't see the writers being stupid and having this be a dream a la Dallas. 

I don't know that Ellie is from the future and I don't know that all of what she said will come true, but I'm thinking the particle accelerator is involved. That story line was never tied up and has just led to Ben wearing aluminum foil. So .... My thoughts are, we'll follow this silly trail for another episode and then the particule accelerator will undo EVERYTHING and potentially take us back to the very beginning when the program first started. It's why they didn't kill Andy. He'll be back and normal. Everyone will continue their paths from the beginning and Leland won't matter, k's mom won't be evil, it will just unravel. Leaving us all a little annoyed but enjoying how they end it. And science will win (with maybe sister Andrea having tea with George and winking at the camera).

Or it's a horrible cancer dream of Ben's. Something will unravel everything. Maybe it's all in Bogg's mind?

Lol. 

I can see this being a lurid book by Boggs. The end will end in a pop up sequence or Will be read by Lexis from a manuscript that Boggs gave Kristen to read which was in the trash.

• Like 4