Type keyword(s) to search

Season 04

Xeliou66
  • Start Topic

I  kept waiting for the twist to be that Kayla was actually in on the whole thing. She was a little too slick with the whole stealing the phone operation.  

Also, she'd mentioned that her bf hardly drank, but when we did see him, he was having himself a drink. Why wouldn't they have tried to have her get him out of the house before trying to steal the gun? It just seemed like a totally unnecessary risk. 

• Love 4
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Also, Kayla -- take the tennis gear when you leave!!!  That was your whole cover story!

LMAO, right? I was like "She couldn't have been SO STUPID as to leave her damn tennis racket when that was supposedly the whole reason she was there - oh wait, that's exactly what she did."

Jubal and his office crew really are amazing. I was watching an old school episode of Law and Order with Briscoe and Green the other day and they were having a hard time tracking down a suspect and I was like "Man, if only Jubal and co were here, they'd have not only had their suspect's name and address, but they would have had footage of his kindergarten graduation."

Edited by Cristofle
  • LOL 6
14 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Agree completely, Xeliou66 — I felt no sympathy for Kayla when she blamed the FBI.  She was in too deep and drawn to the flame.  

I think she has a case for being traumatized, she literally had no idea who to trust.  The FBI lied to her from the start, I wouldn't trust them either.  She needs a good lawyer.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cristofle said:

She couldn't have been SO STUPID as to leave her damn tennis racket when that was supposedly the whole reason she was there - oh wait, that's exactly what she did.

I wondered if leaving the tennis racket was supposed to be a sign to the bf that she was wired and he needed to skedaddle. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

That should have been the first words out of her mouth when they busted her with the Oxy.

It's one of the most unrealistic things about crime shows. I watch them, I love them, but man, more people need to lawyer up. Like, all of them. I am the most boring person imaginable. I've never even gotten a speeding ticket. But if for some reason the cops brought me under suspicion of some crime? The only word I'm uttering is "lawyer". And it goes double for poor dumb Kayla, who most certainly did commit the crime. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cristofle said:

It's one of the most unrealistic things about crime shows. I watch them, I love them, but man, more people need to lawyer up. Like, all of them. I am the most boring person imaginable. I've never even gotten a speeding ticket. But if for some reason the cops brought me under suspicion of some crime? The only word I'm uttering is "lawyer". And it goes double for poor dumb Kayla, who most certainly did commit the crime. 

I agree she should have said "lawyer," but they did give her enough lines expressing her sincere desire to become a nurse that made the alternate path they were offering her as a CI seem more likely to allow her to achieve that goal.
And I guess the assassin boyfriend had probably totally psyched her out before the FBI ever met her. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

That should have been the first words out of her mouth when they busted her with the Oxy.

Yeah that made no sense because the woman wasn't stupid. Ask for a lawyer who would have told her that the government was not going to prosecute someone for the small amount of Oxy she could get blackmarket for $200.

I doubt whether they could even say she had probable cause to even stop and frisk her. She was seen being dropped off for a mani-ped which explains why she was there often and why wouldn't she go to the bodega.

And if she was a waitress - or really anyone - why would she be using the same ATM every week. Most waitresses have cash because of tips and most people don't use the same ATM every week even if they are stupid enough to not use a branch of their bank for no charge.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

--which was still better than the way her boss treated her and, ultimately, her bf too.

So some abuse is ok, so long as there are worse abusers involved? No.

It was Tiffany's responsibility to protect the waitress as much as anyone else. But her friend/mentor had been killed and she (Tiffany) was out for blood. She didn't give one hot damn whose liver & lights she had to stomp on to get her revenge.

If she was my partner, I'd consider asking for a reassignment. And certainly, she would be first through the door from now on. I don't want her sort behind my back with a gun.

• Love 3

Usually I like Tiffany as really despite wanting to get justice for her slain DEA agent friend and mentor there, she came off cold in this episode.

Tiffany did not seem to trust Kayla and really Kayla thought she was done to get the phone but instead, Kayla was threatened as Tiffany should had been a little more sympathetic though Kayla was no victim and it could had ended better. Really thought Kayla would be the mastermind and not her would be boyfriend.

And Kayla could had moved on, become a nurse, do well in her life. But Tiffany forgot that her tone of voice really scared Kayla and Kayla was just a confused and drug addicted young woman that as she was being arrested had everything but threw it all away as she was blinded by love and riches.

If Kayla was killed then blood would indeed be on Tiffany's hands. Really wished her bosses would had chewed her out.  Yes Tiffany while trying to be out for blood but could had handle her tone a bit different.

• Love 4

Given that Kayla was acting  at the demand  of the FBI, wouldn’t the phone and  the gun have been thrown out in court?  They didn’t have enough for a search warrant, they can’t be sending someone   to steal the phone and the gun either.  Now, if Kayla had had suspicions about  her boyfriend and voluntarily brought the items in, then it’s something different. 
I thought it was not right  to use her this way.  Want to send her in to make a drug buy, ok. but to steal something that you can’t get a search warrant for?  
I think a good lawyer could get  her out of this last offense… by suggesting they should make  the whole thing public.  

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

They didn’t have enough for a search warrant, they can’t be sending someone   to steal the phone and the gun either.

When they have an entire room dedicated to digging up information on your credit card use, personal contacts, travels around the city, etc., all based on computer enhancements of vague CCTV photographs, what's a little cell phone chicanery?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

To show how forgettable these episodes are, I was halfway through this one before I realized it was a rerun when the analyst piped up about the trucks.  I just assumed Missy Peregrym returned for an episode.  Oh well, that's just me.

I wonder if Maggie got to keep her tips during the course of the undercover work.

21 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

To show how forgettable these episodes are, I was halfway through this one before I realized it was a rerun when the analyst piped up about the trucks.  I just assumed Missy Peregrym returned for an episode.  Oh well, that's just me.

I wonder if Maggie got to keep her tips during the course of the undercover work.

ME TOO. Part way through I was like ... wait a minute ... Maggie's in a coma.

• Love 1

Why doesn't this forum have episode threads?  It's hard to figure out what I should read and what I shouldn't to avoid being spoiled.

Not that it matters at the moment.  I just went to watch it on Paramount (I subscribe through Prime Video) and they have paywalled Season 4.    If I want to see any episode of Season 4 I have to pay above and beyond my Paramount subscription.   I don't get it.   It was available just a few weeks ago, now it isn't.  Which sucks, since I fell a couple weeks behind.

28 minutes ago, millennium said:

Why doesn't this forum have episode threads?  It's hard to figure out what I should read and what I shouldn't to avoid being spoiled.

Not that it matters at the moment.  I just went to watch it on Paramount (I subscribe through Prime Video) and they have paywalled Season 4.    If I want to see any episode of Season 4 I have to pay above and beyond my Paramount subscription.   I don't get it.   It was available just a few weeks ago, now it isn't.  Which sucks, since I fell a couple weeks behind.

Because there are not enough posts to justify a full forum. This once had one but got a demotion. Hope this helps.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, millennium said:

I just went to watch it on Paramount (I subscribe through Prime Video) and they have paywalled Season 4.

Find it online, download and watch on your computer.

9 hours ago, millennium said:

I just went to watch it on Paramount (I subscribe through Prime Video) and they have paywalled Season 4.

I too subscribe to Paramount+ through Prime Video, and can access Season 4 just fine. Although it shows the unaired season finale it says that episode is currently unavailable.

1 hour ago, Broderbits said:

I too subscribe to Paramount+ through Prime Video, and can access Season 4 just fine. Although it shows the unaired season finale it says that episode is currently unavailable.

Well that's odd.   When I view it on the main selection screen it has a $ symbol up in the left corner -- all the other shows don't.   Thanks, I will need to investigate this further.

2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

I have Paramount + by itself (not through Amazon Prime) and it has all 4 seasons and episodes available except the season finale that was not aired.

I have Paramount+ by itself on a Roku TV. 
For Season 4, it says "22 Episodes" but only shows 21. 
🤷‍♀️

A L&O: SVU episode that was pulled in 2016 has never aired, and in an interview with the main SVU guy (producer? writer? both) about a year ago he said there were no plans to air it, that it "wasn't a very good episode." 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ 

But that's probably comparing apples and oranges. 
I vaguely recall an OG Roswell episode being delayed because of a school shooting in the early 2000s. I can't recall how long it was delayed, but it was shown.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I vaguely recall an OG Roswell episode being delayed because of a school shooting in the early 2000s. I can't recall how long it was delayed, but it was shown. 

Buffy, due to Columbine. I think it was a couple of episodes. They (it?) aired that fall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Broderbits said:

Here's what I see when I look at my Prime.   See the $ symbol on FBI?  Yet Star Trek: Picard, no problem -- "included with your subscription."

1239118036_ScreenShot2022-05-27at6_30_30PM.thumb.png.8366b3c3e31d9faa4bbda2fcfffc2a7c.png

When I click on FBI:

1482066142_ScreenShot2022-05-27at6_31_33PM.png.0bb54fdd577893259a08abfa8a09ab57.png

It doesn't seem to make sense.