Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/8/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, July 8 – Amandla Stenberg (actor, “The Acolyte”)

Tuesday, July 9 – The Political View with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (author, “True Gretch: What I’ve Learned About Life, Leadership, and Everything in Between”); Jenn Tran (ABC’s, “The Bachelorette”)

Wednesday, July 10 – Michael Douglas (executive producer and narrator, “America’s Burning”); Linda Carpenter Grantham and son Eric Grantham (Blue Runway for Autism)

Thursday, July 11 – Naturi Naughton (actor, “Abducted at an HBCU: A Black Girl Missing Movie”); Antony Starr (actor, “The Boys”)

Friday, July 12 – Keith Robinson (comedian, “Keith Robinson: Different Strokes”)

• Thanks 4

The word for today is "POO."  Thank you, Whoopi.  The bar is high at the table today.  Or is there an open bar at the table today?

BREAKING:  Whoopi has a new name for "you know who."

Whoopi doesn't know how to run the world, you don't even know how to run the table.  Whoopi's a patriot.  Who knew?  

Sara will vote for Biden even though she knows he's two dead brain cells away from being categorized as a potted plant.  She speaks sense yet as usual the rest of the table dismisses her warning and talks over her to defend Old Joe.  She knows the independents and undecided will flip or stay home.

Ana will vote for Joe until she breaks his or her rib.  Her next diet plan?  Rib removal.  Ana keeps defending Joe, his staff, his conniving wife.  Ana needs to keep those WH invites coming.  It's becoming more Shakespearean by the minute.

Whoopi doesn't care if Joe ______ his pants and forgets what he's saying she's all in for Joe.  Do they even hear themselves?  Please play these clips back on Wednesday, November 5, 2024.  And please take that shocked look off of your faces on Wednesday, November 5, 2024.

Sunny:  LOLOLOLOLOL.  Look who's throwing old white man Joe under the bus for the POC VP.  You never disappoint.  That should have been a paid political ad.

Alyssa makes the new talking point:  Biden is becoming like Trump.  No plans just bragging and saying he is the only one who can do the job.  At this point Commander, the biting dog can do his job better than both he and Trump.

Whoopi mispronounces a word for the millionth time and Ana jumps on it to compare her to Joe and says they both must go!  The belly laughs on that one.  Actually, they should both go. 

Oh, it's the cute little girl from the Hunger Games.  Rue is now in Star Wars.

Sunny brings up racist threats on little Rue because of inclusive casting.  Very rehearsed set-up and response but yes, no one should threaten anyone for any reason.  She sang away her blues by going after the ones going after her.  Okay.

Whoopi gives her inspirational message to the kid who is probably too young to know the greatness that is Whoopi.  No kneeling at the altar of Whoopi for this young one.

VYD

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Just remember, Alyssa supported trump all while he is was in offfice..

He had to try to overthrow the government before she opened her eyes 

• Like 13
(edited)
20 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

and she’s not wrong about Kamala- that is why we have a VP

And Sunny was also not wrong that a lot of undecideds will have a hard time voting for a feeble old man or a Black woman. 😢. Dems will stick with whoever runs. It’s the undecideds and independents (who might stay home as Sara says) that we have to worry about. That’s how we ended up as we did in 16. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 11
  • Sad 2

So they are selling a makeup not makeup that blurs your visage making it like you have a filter on your face. Somebody wake me when they sell one that will just crop my whole body and face right on out. 

• LOL 3
(edited)

We went to the taping today. It went quick, and I walked away with an appreciation for Whoppi. She was the only one who interacted with the audience during breaks.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 5

Unlike Sunny, I don't think that if people don't vote for Kamala Harris it will be because she's a black woman. I think it is because they aren't convinced that she will be able to do the job. I don't think people would have voted for Dan Quayle, either, and it took Richard Nixon multiple tries to be elected, two other VPs who didn't have the full confidence of the country. 

• Like 12
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

Unlike Sunny, I don't think that if people don't vote for Kamala Harris it will be because she's a black woman. I think it is because they aren't convinced that she will be able to do the job. I don't think people would have voted for Dan Quayle, either, and it took Richard Nixon multiple tries to be elected, two other VPs who didn't have the full confidence of the country. 

But Sunny has to make everything about race. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And Sunny was also not wrong that a lot of undecideds will have a hard time voting for a feeble old man or a Black woman.

33 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Unlike Sunny, I don't think that if people don't vote for Kamala Harris it will be because she's a black woman. I think it is because they aren't convinced that she will be able to do the job.

Younger people and progressives do not like Kamala.  Mostly because of her record as CA AG. Until recently her approval rating was below Biden's.  

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Dems will stick with whoever runs. It’s the undecideds and independents (who might stay home as Sara says) that we have to worry about. That’s how we ended up as we did in 16. 

I don't know who the candidate needs to be but it better be someone who can create a spark and make people want to vote.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't know who the candidate needs to be but it better be someone who can create a spark and make people want to vote.

Honestly, at this point, all I'm looking for is someone who's not elderly, can speak coherently and isn't a ball of hate.  I mean, you'd think that would be the bare minimum to be a presidential candidate, but apparently not.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
23 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Honestly, at this point, all I'm looking for is someone who's not elderly, can speak coherently and isn't a ball of hate.  I mean, you'd think that would be the bare minimum to be a presidential candidate, but apparently not.

3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And not a convicted felon. 

There must be someone who could meet those criteria and is at least reasonably acceptable to the majority of the electorate. It's starting to sound like we've got a glass slipper and are searching for the princess to fit it. 😟

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

There must be someone who could meet those criteria and is at least reasonably acceptable to the majority of the electorate. It's starting to sound like we've got a glass slipper and are searching for the princess to fit it. 😟

There are but they're probably not crazy enough to go into politics never mind run for president. 

I thought Alyssa was auditioning to be Trump's VP the way she goes on about Biden lately. 

• Like 4

So Whoopi doesn't feel that the "next generation" is ready to take the reins?  And which generation is it that she feels isn't ready?  Because Biden was born in 1942, which means that he isn't even a Baby Boomer, he's part of the Silent Generation.  So is it Baby Boomers that aren't ready to take over?  Or Gen X, who are currently aged 44-59?  Hell, even the youngest Millennials are 28, so the majority are in their 30s and 40s.  So give me a break with this "the younger generation isn't ready" bs.  There are three generations under Biden's full of competent adults, so don't tell me that none of those people aren't "prepared the way they should be".

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

So Whoopi doesn't feel that the "next generation" is ready to take the reins?  And which generation is it that she feels isn't ready?  Because Biden was born in 1942, which means that he isn't even a Baby Boomer, he's part of the Silent Generation.  So is it Baby Boomers that aren't ready to take over?  Or Gen X, who are currently aged 44-59?  Hell, even the youngest Millennials are 28, so the majority are in their 30s and 40s.  So give me a break with this "the younger generation isn't ready" bs.  There are three generations under Biden's full of competent adults, so don't tell me that none of those people aren't "prepared the way they should be".

Whoopi likes the sound of her voice and will disagree with anyone so we know “here’s the thing,” even if it makes no sense. 

• Like 11

Sometimes Sara sounds like airhead.  Is Trump going after Alyssa if he wins she always sounds scared and if that is the case vote for Biden.  If Trump wins blame all these people who decided not to vote don't blame Democrats.  

Hate to say this but I think Sunny is right that they do not want Kamala Harris as President if anything happens to Biden it comes down to race.

Mexico just elected the first woman and she is Jewish.  Congratulations Mexico I am proud of you.  We are so behind we could have had Clinton as President but no we got this horrible man as president.  

We have a long ways to go who knows what will happen between now and Nov. 5th.  I hope everyone opens their eyes that they still want a democracy not a fascist/dictator/Nazi regime.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

We went to the taping today. It went quick, and I walked away with an appreciation for Whoppi. She was the only one who interacted with the audience during breaks.

I wonder if they take turns. I've been twice and on the first trip Sunny was the only one who interacted with the audience, and the second time Sara was the only one answering questions or chatting during the commercials. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Whoopi is such a shill.  People like her are a detriment to progress, because they can't conceive of giving or abdicating any form of power.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Just remember, Alyssa supported trump all while he is was in offfice..

He had to try to overthrow the government before she opened her eyes 

She drives me crazy, trying so hard to absolve herself of having worked for Trump both on his campaigns and in the White House and making every excuse under the sun for her record of being a Trump ass-kisser and how now she's gotten religion and is against him. Sure Alyssa. She thinks that having flipped and supposedly being on the Biden side now makes it all better. What I find most hypocritical is how she constantly blames Biden for Trump's bad behaviour and that Biden isn't doing enough to save the country from another term of Trump. It's not Biden's responsibility!!! He's not the one who can convince all the Republicans that putting Trump back in office is official insanity. It's her responsibility as a proclaimed Republican to fix her own Republican party and don't expect Biden to do it for her.

• Like 5
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, shok said:

trying so hard to absolve herself of having worked for Trump both on his campaigns and in the White House and making every excuse under the sun for her record of being a Trump ass-kisser

I don't believe it's as much about absolving herself as it is proving herself to the naysayers, as well as acceptance. Sunny all but shot fire daggers at her for the first few months continuously. And Anna & Joy were no better. 

• Like 2

I do have to admit Alyssa was right about the age issue.  She has been saying for months that it is an important factor in whether people will show up to vote.  As much as everyone else dismissed this, claiming Joe is as good as always (Joy and Whoopi being especially offended), Alyssa was right that the perception (earned or not) was going to hurt his candidacy.  It's going to be an uphill climb to get him out enough and covered in the media enough to assuage any fears.  The rest of the panel (except for Sara) may not want to listen to what she has to say, but she is the only one with the background and experience in DC communications to know what she is talking about.  I don't think any of the others (except Sara) know what is happening outside their mansion walls and privileged lifestyles.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

To me, it's never been a matter of whether Alyssa was "right"--everyone already knew age was going to be discussed regularly as a weakness for Biden, that's no revelation--it's more about what her motivation clearly is in obsessing over it ad nauseum and her motivations are as clear now as ever. She's been practically salivating in excitement both the Friday before they went on break and this week. Someone hoping Trump is defeated wouldn't act that way, it would be something they simply acknowledge, not beat like a dead horse. And she is smart enough to know replacement would never happen, she's merely attempting to fan a fire.

Love Whitmer, glad to see her on The View again.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

Biden Death Watch:  Day 12.

Joy In Denial:  Day 268.

Alyssa Hinting It's Time For Biden To Go:  Day 124.

Sunny:  Black Voters, Back Women, Black Caucus, Hakeem Jeffries.  Day since birth.

Sara:  The Voice Of Reason:  Day since forever.

Whoopi:  Charlie Brown's Teacher - Wah, wah wah, wah wah.  Becoming louder and louder and louder.  Being a ham does not an orator make.

She's shilling a comic book she wrote 25 years ago.  The cost of supporting your family a bit much in 2024?  I suppose the great-grandkids braces are not going to pay for themselves.  Free copies to the audience.  The trained seals applaud on cue.

Yes, our republic is on the brink of extinction but allow me to take time away from this segment in order to promote my latest product.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer:  Book to shill.  New face same old Biden sales track.  28 recalls.  Militia Men live up to their name.  Sunny thinks Kamala is the 'heir apparent."   Sunny needs an intervention, or meds, or something. 

Being a woman politician is hard but she's positive about the future.  I believe her next career will be Influencer/New Age therapist.  Namaste.

Some Bachelorette chick who smiles a lot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I look forward to Whoopi finally retiring to her villa in Sardinia, appearing on TV only to promote her cameos in the latest Star Trek series.

• Like 5

Joy doesn't think that Biden's performance in the debate was significant because it's harder to tell the truth than a lie. She says that Trump has practiced his lies for years and that's why he was better. Exactly what kept Biden from practicing the truth for years, Joy? Joy really is in denial.  Maybe because she's older, too, but let's be real - people don't "age" at the same rate at the same time. Some are quicker mentally for years and years after others have to be in memory care, so you can't equate one 80+ year old with another one.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

She's shilling a comic book she wrote 25 years ago.

I wonder why she waited 25 years to publish it.  

For the record, I love Alyssa.  She's become my favorite on the show.  I'm not sure how I feel about this situation, although I lean more to having Biden stay, and yet I agree that Kamala will bring in the young vote.  

I'm waiting for someone to acknowledge that Stormy Daniels has been given over $1M on her Go Fund Me set up for her by a friend because she's financially devastated (as told to Rachel Maddow) as a result of her going after Trump.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Joy doesn't think that Biden's performance in the debate was significant because it's harder to tell the truth than a lie. She says that Trump has practiced his lies for years and that's why he was better. Exactly what kept Biden from practicing the truth for years, Joy? Joy really is in denial.  Maybe because she's older, too, but let's be real - people don't "age" at the same rate at the same time. Some are quicker mentally for years and years after others have to be in memory care, so you can't equate one 80+ year old with another one.

Joy apparently never watched Judge Judy who quite  frequently said "If you tell the truth, you don't need a good memory." 😉 

During the debate, Biden's memory/mind substantially failed him in his quest to tell the truth

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

During the debate, Biden's memory/mind substantially failed him in his quest to tell the truth

I think Biden may have been overly prepped with statistics et al in that he had much to say and couldn’t decide where to begin. This happens to everyone but is more evident when time is limited. He could have made columns on his paper with headings about the lies that Trump would be telling and just make little checkmarks during each remark. Then he could say, “you lied about XYZ” and move on with his substantive response. As Meghan McCain frequently said, “if you are explaining, you are losing.”

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Gretchen Whitmer rattled off Joe's presidential achievements quicker in a ten minute segment than Joe could in a 90 minute debate!

So did Representative Jasmine Crockett (D) Texas, on I can’t remember which news broadcast, yesterday but we need to see both her and Liz Cheney back at The View table. 

(Also, I love this website but why is it so glitchy? It routinely throws me up to the top of the page…Watch my comment get deleted.)

• Like 6
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Glitches said:

I think Biden may have been overly prepped with statistics et al in that he had much to say and couldn’t decide where to begin. This happens to everyone but is more evident when time is limited. He could have made columns on his paper with headings about the lies that Trump would be telling and just make little checkmarks during each remark. Then he could say, “you lied about XYZ” and move on with his substantive response. As Meghan McCain frequently said, “if you are explaining, you are losing.”

There were so many mistakes Biden made.  Everyone and their mother is talking about Project 2025.  Not one word about Project 2025 from Joe.  Joe wasted his time talking about NATO and Trump's morals.  No one cares about NATO.  There was already a referendum about Trump's morals, it was the 2016 election.  The electorate doesn't care about morals.  Between these gaffes, and the other minor ones, the raspy voice and the blank stare he was a disaster.  That's why it's so hard to take Joy and Whoopi seriously when they think it wasn't that bad.  What were they watching?  After watching Whitmer yesterday, I was wondering what she could've done with those precious ninety minutes.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 9
(edited)

It really really irks me that Trump and Fox hosts deliberately mispronounce Kamala. And so what if she laughs?

Good lord, all those privileged. millionaires diagnosing the economy and why disadvantaged people feel marginalized. None of them knows what they are talking about. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 16
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And so what if she laughs?

I can only imagine the pearls-clutching going on over a person's laugh.  "it's just so unpresidential" which translates to "it's just so unmanly".

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Ellis Bell Lives said:

Stock market performance vs salary increases.  So invest in the fucking market.  Buy a few shares and keep going.  

If it was only that easy…. Stagnant wages leave very little left for investing in the market.   I think that was the point of the discussion.  Everyday workers are not benefiting from the booming economy.   

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

I don't think people find Kamala's laugh itself to be a problem (although it is one of the more unusual laugh/giggles that people in public have), it is because she seems to laugh inappropriately. Maybe it is a nervous tic, maybe she gets self-conscious, but a professional politician should work to minimize these behaviors because they do tend to lend themselves to mockery.

Mike Douglas resembles his father in his older years more and more. There was one point where he turned his head and he looked so much like Kirk. I'm glad he and Catherine are still married; I had my doubts when they first got together. I guess I was wrong.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Sunny needs to shut up already about the Black vote deciding this election. That’s incorrect. It will be independents and voters of all races in swing states who will decide it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, After7Only said:

If it was only that easy…. Stagnant wages leave very little left for investing in the market.   I think that was the point of the discussion.  Everyday workers are not benefiting from the booming economy.   

I was a financial advisor who would regularly analyze clients' spending habits.  What Americans deem to be necessities in their daily life are in reality expendable items they do not need. 

The standard of living/poverty levels allocated in the USA are at much higher levels than other countries.  What would be considered poverty-stricken here is considered a more than livable wage in Europe.  Yes, they can buy a few shares of stock each month but they just have to have the latest whatever gadget, or the $8.00 latte, or the newest and biggest and bestest whatever.  I hear people constantly bitching about the increase cost of fast food.  Why the hell are they buying fast food if it hurts them in the old wallet/pocketbook?  

Middle class and working class have a skewed idea of what affluence means.  Financial independence is the goal.  Financial independence is being able to drink a cup of tea at my leisure while I bitch and moan about the latest ep of The View.  Going into debt for the biggest house or the coolest car will not bring financial independence,  And yes, there are those who are at the bottom of the economic totem pole (usually subsidized) but they too can find a way to put a few bucks aside each month in order to better their futures.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

If Kamala didn't laugh like that, they would call her an angry black woman. I think she does it deliberately for that very reason. 

The criticism of Kamala’s laugh is as disingenuous as the criticism of Obama daring to wear a tan suit. Fabricated outrage.

Edited by McKavity
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1

It's amazing though how the Republicans can get the  media - all of it, papers, tv, radio, blogs, - to blather on about their outrage for weeks on end, fabricated or not. It's ridiculous how long this Biden nonsense has been front page. The truly outrageous Supreme Court decision got what - a day? And that's a topic that is truly important.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, Glitches said:

(Also, I love this website but why is it so glitchy? It routinely throws me up to the top of the page…Watch my comment get deleted.)

I haven't experienced that. Maybe it's just you, @Glitches 😉

1 hour ago, McKavity said:

The criticism of Kamala’s laugh is as disingenuous as the criticism of Obama daring to wear a tan suit. Fabricated outrage.

I've never heard about that controversy, but I'd compare it to the outrage over Senator Fetterman's shorts wardrobe. Both are not hurting anyone, but it just looks/sounds unprofessional. 

(Very unpopular opinion here, but I find Kamala laugh annoying. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

13 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I don't think people find Kamala's laugh itself to be a problem (although it is one of the more unusual laugh/giggles that people in public have), it is because she seems to laugh inappropriately. Maybe it is a nervous tic, maybe she gets self-conscious, but a professional politician should work to minimize these behaviors because they do tend to lend themselves to mockery.

Thank you, KittyQ!  That's exactly why people make fun of her. Because it's not an occasional giggle here and there. It's EVERY time she's in front of an audience or being interviewed. Her shit-eating grin is also annoying.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, shok said:

It's amazing though how the Republicans can get the  media - all of it, papers, tv, radio, blogs, - to blather on about their outrage for weeks on end, fabricated or not.

It's the social media effect.  People scroll past things that aren't negative. People are more likely to watch a person screaming than a person calmly talking about something.   I've seen it on this very board (not this thread).  Posts that were extremely hateful got multiple likes and posts that called out the hateful posts barely got any likes.

22 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I can only imagine the pearls-clutching going on over a person's laugh.  "it's just so unpresidential" which translates to "it's just so unmanly".

As Joy said they also criticized Hillary's laugh.  It's their way of saying women are silly.  It's their way of saying you can't take these women seriously because these women don't take things seriously. 

21 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

If Kamala didn't laugh like that, they would call her an angry black woman. I think she does it deliberately for that very reason. 

There is a lot of truth in this.  Same reason why President Obama could never lose his temper. 

• Like 14