Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: How To Dance in Three Easy Steps

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Oh, Leland, it's really not a great idea to piss Sheryl off, and this time you've really done it.

The girls have very weird imaginations. So, they did this video, or whatever, and the shink is getting credit for it? Huh?

I suppose we'll find out more about the "muse" entity later on. Gotta say Kristen and dancer lady had amazing chemistry together.

So, David compelled the dictator to kill himself? So not is he only inhabiting others' bodies, his emotions are influencing them? That's a big one.  Can't blame David for feeling upset about it

• Like 4

Since Kristen is still married I don’t care about her being seduced by the weird dance troupe. Why were these women taking classes since they do their own private shows and have some kind of mystical powers. I can’t imagine them allowing the teacher to be abusive to them.

Sheryl has done too much evil for me to root for her. If she loved her granddaughters she wouldn’t have been involved with hurting their father or stealing Kristen’s egg. I didn’t understand why the girls put Boggs name on their video-I must have missed something . Also think Sheryl is awful for encouraging them to post a video about a dead mother! 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Will the trio ever talk about Megan being “vanquished” by The Entity? David says he would’ve never supported the Church if it’s straight up murder. Will David be leaving the Church at the end of this series?

“Oh my god, is this some of your James Bond-Vatican shit?” 😆

The remote-viewing ability and the demands from his handler have taken a toll on David. He’s mentally exhausted and emotionally drained. Saving lives by taking another? Get out, David. Runnnnn!

"When two or more men are gathered, it's a church. When two or more women are gathered, it's a coven."

“When women go against their accepted roles, the church labels them as possessed or witches.”

EVIL is making a point on the patriarchal BS. 

How come Kristen isn’t aware of the girls’ new activities after school? They must’ve used a family Uber account to travel to/from Sheryl’s place. Kristen would’ve been notified as well. Then there’s the Cannibal Mom story that goes viral. The online picture book contains faces of Kristen (with red eyes) and the girls. Nobody in their circle has reached out to either of them? 🤔

What happens to Ben’s Djinn? Has he been vanquished too, by the prescribed drugs?

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I didn’t understand why the girls put Boggs name on their video-I must have missed something

The cannibal mom story was part of the demon-induced book Kurt was writing last season. He’d given Kristen a copy of it to beta for him and the girls found it. When they made the video, one of the Ls brought up that it wasn’t their story to make a video out of, so they gave Kurt his due credit as the author.

Edited by Dani-Ellie
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Since Kristen is still married I don’t care about her being seduced by the weird dance troupe. Why were these women taking classes since they do their own private shows and have some kind of mystical powers. I can’t imagine them allowing the teacher to be abusive to them.

Sheryl has done too much evil for me to root for her. If she loved her granddaughters she wouldn’t have been involved with hurting their father or stealing Kristen’s egg. I didn’t understand why the girls put Boggs name on their video-I must have missed something . Also think Sheryl is awful for encouraging them to post a video about a dead mother! 

Weren’t they reading his book in a previous episode? I haven’t finished my re-watch yet.  I’m so tired, I barely got through the episode today. 

• Like 1

Love that Kurt was trending higher than Stephen King, Elon Musk and Kim Kardashian. 🤣 Gotta get up there and beat Saint Patrick, Kurt! Must have been March, with Ireland trending too. Kurt may still make it to #1. He’ll surely bump Taylor Swift out of the park after his next muse-inspired chapter. He was typing away like a madman!

Edited by ferjy
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, Dani-Ellie said:

The cannibal mom story was part of the demon-induced book Kurt was writing last season. He’d given Kristen a copy of it to beta for him and the girls found it. When they made the video, one of the Ls brought up that it wasn’t their story to make a video out of, so they gave Kurt credit as the author.

Yep. Kristen thought he’d written gibberish, but one of the girls realized that it was written backwards.  https://tvline.com/recaps/evil-recap-season-3-episode-9-demon-of-money-1234858156/

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I don’t know why but I  am not really caring about David’s storyline this season.  

The only thing I like about it is it gives us more scenes with Father Dominic Kabiru. Chukwudi Iwuji is a very good actor. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Will the trio ever talk about Megan being “vanquished” by The Entity? David says he would’ve never supported the Church if it’s straight up murder. Will David be leaving the Church at the end of this series?

“Oh my god, is this some of your James Bond-Vatican shit?” 😆

The remote-viewing ability and the demands from his handler have taken a toll on David. He’s mentally exhausted and emotionally drained. Saving lives by taking another? Get out, David. Runnnnn!

"When two or more men are gathered, it's a church. When two or more women are gathered, it's a coven."

“When women go against their accepted roles, the church labels them as possessed or witches.”

EVIL is making a point on the patriarchal BS. 

I wondered that about David possibly leaving, too. Can't say I'd blame him one bit if he did so, given the kind of weird shit he's experiencing like he did in this episode. I liked the whole scene of him trying to fight these violent urges and sensations that were compelling him. 

I loved Ben's whole Bond snark at David this episode, too XD. And the way he snarkily admonished him when he started cussing up a storm, with his quiet, "Father...". Ben and David play off each other so well. 

And yeah, I loved those quotes about society/the church's attitude towards women, too.  Ben's reaction to David debating her on that was perfect, and I like how he quickly diffused things before they went even more sideways. 

The case this epsiode did creep me out quite a bit, though, and I think that floating demon was a large part of why. Every time she popped up afterward I kept expecting her to let out that godawful scream again. She was freakly. And then the stuff with Megan. Wow

8 hours ago, StarBrand said:

Gotta say Kristen and dancer lady had amazing chemistry together.

They really did, holy shit. That dance between them in the forest was genuinely sexy and hot, not gonna lie. 

I absolutely love the girls' super dark and twisted sense of humor :p. Heps that they had good inspiration in Boggs' story. But man, reading it to a baby...:p. 

Oooooooh, Sheryl is PISSED. Leland really needs to learn that he messes with  Kristen/her mom/her girls at his own peril. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 4

So David can now basically influence people, including make someone kill themselves? Yeah, he’s not going to be okay with that.

While I’m not opposed to Sheryl going after Leland, it’s not like she’s innocent in all of this. She was fully involved in brainwashing Andy and is going behind Kristen’s back by visiting the girls and introducing them to the baby. What almost happened to Laura is partially Sheryl’s fault too. 

• Like 9

I quit this show last season but then learned this season would be the last, so yadda yadda, sunk cost fallacy, here I am.

Isabella the dancer was ... wow.  Alpha female, predatory, and hot as hell.   I can't even remember what the other dancers looked like.

So who's the worse mother, Sheryl or Kristen?   Hard to decide.   Sheryl's clearly up to no good and has successfully led the girls to betray their mother's trust ... but Kristen is hardly ever home thus leaving ample opportunity for Sheryl to weasel her way in.    Kristen's absences have also left the girls undefended and susceptible to various temptations -- lying, deception, etc.

I felt the Sigil/coven storyline was left too open-ended.   Sure, the priests dragged away Megan with the Latin title ... but the coven girls are dancing with demons, too, aren't they?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, millennium said:

but the coven girls are dancing with demons, too, aren't they?

Yeah, that bit about the "muse" was left wide open. The fact it visited Boggs and "inspired" him to start writing like a maniac seems to indicate she/it will be back....that, along with the little grief demon that's been hanging around...

• Like 3
9 hours ago, phalange said:

While I’m not opposed to Sheryl going after Leland, it’s not like she’s innocent in all of this

No, she's not, but she gave Leland very clear instructions NOT to harm any of her grandchildren, ever. I'm pretty sure she told him "harm any of my grandchildren, and I'll cut your balls off".

• Like 4

Sheryl’s goal is to bring down management at this point. I assume this means raising the baby to be at least morally grey, not black, with human connections and to strengthen her control over Lexis. I do think she genuinely cares about the girls and Kristen, and while she didn’t much care if Andy was tortured she resents Leland going over her head about the amulet and plan to kill one of the girls. Sheryl is the head of a sigil house, now, and she has to create her heirs and legacy.

I feel there may be even more power shift in the yucky Leland household. 

yeah, Kristen needs to do better as a mother. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

So apparently there was a time jump and Timothy is now several months older than last week, and looks like an adorable baby boy.  Thank God because that fake baby they were using was pretty bad. 

What are those little packets? Some kind of mystical herbs or something?  I don't recall them being around when Andy was in Leland's hypno closet. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

yeah, Kristen needs to do better as a mother. 

She’s got a job to go to, a husband who has always been only half there and now all but indisposed, and a demon child thrust upon her. Give the girl a break! 😛 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, jub said:

She’s got a job to go to, a husband who has always been only half there and now all but indisposed, and a demon child thrust upon her. Give the girl a break! 😛 

yes, Kristen is spiraling, Ben is spiraling, David is spiraling. 

will the coven provide childcare? Can they at least get an exorcism done on the places where they live?

• Like 2

While I’ll agree that Isabella was very sexy, I didn’t feel chemistry between her and Kristen. In fact, it all felt so forced. Never in three seasons was it even hinted at that Kristen may be interested in women, and suddenly it’s revealed that she dated girls in college and then a sexy woman hits on her in the same episode. Way to shoehorn in a LGBTQ storyline, just to tick a box. Rather an insult to the community.  Have to do better than that, writers. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I think Sheryl is going to mutilate Leland. She's random chaos evil, and there's very little she won't do.

And if she's head of her own sigil family, that means that...Kristen is her heir. In a matrilineal order of succession! Lil Tim might be taken down a notch or two.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, SeanBug said:

So apparently there was a time jump and Timothy is now several months older than last week, and looks like an adorable baby boy.  Thank God because that fake baby they were using was pretty bad. 

What are those little packets? Some kind of mystical herbs or something?  I don't recall them being around when Andy was in Leland's hypno closet. 

Leland gave them to Andy to put Lynn (hope that is the right daughter)?to sleep so Andy could kill her with the injection. They may have other functions, I suppose. 

4 hours ago, edlask said:

Never in three seasons was it even hinted at that Kristen may be interested in women

Actually, it was. There was her flirty encounter with the woman at that monastery in the silent episode they did a while back, there were a lot of implications in there that there was some affection between those two that wasn't just pure "interacting with a person on a case". 

And then there was her friend who's a cop, from way back early on in the series - they used to be part of the mountain climbing scene together back in the day, and the way they talked about how they shared space back then, again, the implication seemed to be there that there might've been some attraction, even if they didn't act on it. And the creators have backed up both the implications in both 

Also, considering the fact that this group of women was accused of luring people in, I think people need to consider that as well, in terms of Kristen being drawn to them as she was and being as flirty as she was with Isabella. Was it genuine attraction, or is it more that she was under a spell of sorts? Or was it perhaps a mix of both? 

• Like 3

I get a Sheryl going for Lexi for her sigil house vibe, both to undermine Leland and protect her from him; previously Leland was angling for Lexi as his heir (Daffodil!).

The Muse seemed interested in Kristen. I doubt that a house that powerful is just going to die. Someone is going to wake up tattooed. One too many canned margaritas and there's a sigil on your...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, edlask said:

Never in three seasons was it even hinted at that Kristen may be interested in women

Yeah, as someone else said...there absolutely WAS, since the very first season. It just took this long (last episode) to actually put it into words, and I for one am thrilled, though wish it had been even clearer from the start. 😌

I'm actually super intrigued by David's arc this season, and getting pretty concerned for his mental health. I'm also missing scenes of Kristen and the girls even though it's only been like two episodes. 

And as much as I mostly don't like Sheryl, I am cheering her on so hard right now. I've always believed she loves her family a lot, but she's also so selfish with it; not caring that getting rid of Andy would of course devastate her family because it meant she'd be able to spend time with them again, etc. But by all means, Sheryl, use that protectiveness for good again and STOMP LELAND'S HEAD!! 

Last thought: needs more Ben, as usual.

• Like 4

Leland is a pure psychopath.  He will do anything and hurt anyone to get what he wants.    Using Kristen’s embryo was at least in part to annoy her.   He likely had a full range of embryos to use picking hers was pure spite.   Also going after one of Kristen’s kids in order to get her closer to a son she never consented to shows any lack of understanding of human nature.

Sheryl is a man hating narcissist but is  also morally gray not black.   I do still maintain she loves Kristen and her granddaughters but like a lot of narcissists her needs circumvent theirs.  That being said directly and purposefully hurting them is not something she would even consider.   You could counter with what she did to Kristen’s husband but I truly think she thought she was helping Krusten in a twisted way.     My long winded point is Sheryl is bad not evil.

• Like 1