Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

We might get to see teams other than the US when LA has the games. Gymnastics will be live in the evening and not edited and packaged…

It being packaged for prime time makes it even worse because they don't have to show any warm ups.  They could just show lots of performances.  But they don't.

• Like 4

Watching the final live and Brody is the new Sam Milulak: no matter how hard he bombs NBC will always act like he’s the one to beat, and much like with Sam, no amount of fluff or hype will make me root for him. 

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are y'all watching on NBC or Peacock and if so, what are the major differences in coverage?

I’m watching Peacock and they’re showing it live. Unlike what NBC will show tonight you actually see all the teams 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

With the sheer volume of time that the Italian gymnast must spend in the tattoo chair, how does he have time to practice?  [\s]

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are y'all watching on NBC or Peacock and if so, what are the major differences in coverage?

Peacock has the TV feed, the world feed and the individual apparatus feeds whenever the US is competing. The world feed is completely different than the NBC feed they are show a mix of everyone. In the first rotation they showed at least one routine from every team. I’ve checked the NBC feed a few times and they are always talking about the Americas. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

The US just killed at Vault! That was quite a show they put on. This is shaping up to be a great competition.

I am watching on Peacock

• Like 8

Color me shocked that the US team is doing so well. Also add me to the bored and annoyed by Brody Malone team. Nothing can make me like him, but I want him to do well for the sake of the other guys on the team.

I’m at a bar watching on their TVs.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

We might get to see teams other than the US when LA has the games. Gymnastics will be live in the evening and not edited and packaged…

i mean they're showing everything live now. I'm watching the men's final live on Peacock. They've shown American, Chinese and British gymnasts that I have seen. The US is doing shockingly well.

The issue with gymnastics is that there is often more than one thing happening at once, and NBC can only show one thing at a time unless they do that multicamera thing (which ESPN has done during NCAA meets), and I don't think they want to do that for the Olympics.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I know nothing about Brody Malone, except what NBC has shoved at me. I hate not liking someone I don't know, but here we are. Thanks a lot, NBC. I want him to do well for the rest of the team but I don't ever want to hear his name again. 

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I’m watching Peacock and they’re showing it live. Unlike what NBC will show tonight you actually see all the teams 

I just watched rotation one on Peacock.  They showed the 3 US, Max and Jake from GB, Daiki (JPN) and Zheng (CHN).  Thought we'd get more but better than NBC.  I wish they would show more of Canada.  

US off to solid start on Rings.

They could cut to more routines if they stopped with the Stephen countdown clock.

Edited by kittykat

I heard that Simone Biles is going to compete on all 4 events in the team competition. Separately, I seem to recall someone saying she has a new move on the uneven bars that she has submitted, but she did not do the move during the qualifications. Anybody know anything about that?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

i mean they're showing everything live now. I'm watching the men's final live on Peacock. They've shown American, Chinese and British gymnasts that I have seen.

When the games are in LA, they will likely air it live on E! like they did yesterday and then air the final rotation live on NBC. There just isn’t enough airtime to show the whole thing in Primetime.

Currently they’re cutting to top contenders between US events, so just Japan, China, and GB, although they showed some Ukrainian vaults too. They love covering vaults because they’re so quick. It’s low commitment. 

US women’s lineup tomorrow:

Vault: Chiles, Carey, Biles

Uneven bars: Chiles, Biles, Lee

Beam: Chiles, Lee, Biles

FX: Lee, Chiles, Biles

1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

When the games are in LA, they will likely air it live on E! like they did yesterday and then air the final rotation live on NBC. There just isn’t enough airtime to show the whole thing in Primetime.

Not to mention that swimming is on at the same time as gymnastics and you know NBC loves its swimming. 

• Useful 3

I’m watching on Peacock and they haven’t shown a single Brody routine. I’m loving it. 

3 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

US women’s lineup tomorrow:

Vault: Chiles, Carey, Biles

Uneven bars: Chiles, Biles, Lee

Beam: Chiles, Lee, Biles

FX: Lee, Chiles, Biles

That seems like the smart choice. 

(edited)

Peacock even showed an Italian guy on vault.  I wish they'd show at least all three Japanese and Chinese in their rotation since they're the top qualifiers.  Then again this is live and they probably have only so much access to certain feeds.  Primetime could edit out all the downtime and warmups and edit in competitor routines, but they don't it's just USA all day!

Awesome vaults.  Hong with the little hop but Juda crushed it.

Edited by kittykat

What an amazing performance by Ukraine so far. 

I’m not particularly as Brody fan but am thrilled he got through high bar without a fall. 

• Like 5

Did I hear that Hashimoto got injured?  They haven't showed them much.  Brits are faltering as well.

Zhang Boheng looked lovely on rings.

(edited)

For all the hype he’s getting, I think Brody is the “weakest” of them. And he is hardly a slouch in these games! I totally admire his comeback from his broken leg…

45 minutes until my Olympic boyfriend whips off his glasses and Pommels!

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
11 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Did I hear that Hashimoto got injured?

They showed him falling off the pommel horse. I didn't hear anything about an injury.

I'm a little ticked off that Frederick's high bar score didn't crack 15. 

• Like 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

They showed him falling off the pommel horse. I didn't hear anything about an injury.

I'm a little ticked off that Frederick's high bar score didn't crack 15. 

They just showed his vault so he seems ok.

I'm about one rotation behind on my feed since I woke up late but China and Japan both had stumbles on vault.

Edited by kittykat

This old lady is very pleased to hear them use the term "Thomas Flair." I got to see Kurt Thomas compete live back in the day. The flair was his creation.  He was amazing.

Great performance by Paul on the horse.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Well this is tense. 

23 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Did I hear that Hashimoto got injured?  They haven't showed them much.

He’s competing all but rings and parallel bars. 

1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I know nothing about Brody Malone, except what NBC has shoved at me. I hate not liking someone I don't know, but here we are. Thanks a lot, NBC. I want him to do well for the rest of the team but I don't ever want to hear his name again. 

why are we hating Brody.  I'm a lemming.  I can do it. but is he like a jerk or something?

• LOL 2

ooohhhh.....this is getting spicy.  China fell and the entire team legit went oh poo.

he fell again!  Japan is like So.. you're telling me there's a chance. They had a 3 point Lead, and 2 falls.  this is NUTS

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm no expert but just watched the US Mens high bar and fell they got underscored.  I know Juda had some execution errors but Richard and Malone should have pulled 15s.  Going dark so I don't get spoiled here.

Edited by kittykat
  • Like 2
(edited)

This is crazy. The pressure on the final athletes is going to be insane. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 1

I can't believe the coverage was SO. centered on the US men winning the bronze. I was screaming at my screen, "Who took the gold?"

I'm very proud of the US team, but HUGE props to Japan!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

This is amazing for the US men. I do kind of wish they'd up some of their difficulty so they can compete with China and Japan for the top of the podium. Like as it stands, China and Japan can have falls and still be on top of the US because their difficulty level is so much more.

• Like 3

Wow! What a performance from USA! They got in their grove and didn’t let up. Shockingly close to silver (which is really due to the shock mistakes from the JPN and CHN). I’m so happy for them. Hopefully that carries them through the all around and pommel horse finals for Frederick, Paul and Stephen. So thrilled for Brody! To come back from a shattered leg and put that down when it counted is amazing. Actual emotion from him!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MaryMitch said:

I heard that Simone Biles is going to compete on all 4 events in the team competition. Separately, I seem to recall someone saying she has a new move on the uneven bars that she has submitted, but she did not do the move during the qualifications. Anybody know anything about that?

If she wants the  move to be named after her, then she has to perform the move in an international event. She didn't do it in qualifications so she can still do it in the Team Final and the AA. I doubt she'd pull it out for the TF through. The philosophy for TF this Olympics is to do the safe and smart thing and secure the win. 

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

why are we hating Brody.  I'm a lemming.  I can do it. but is he like a jerk or something?

I don’t think anyone truly hates him. I think most find him to be a somewhat boring gymnast that NBC has been overhyping because it fit the “good old boy overcoming the odds” narrative they wanted to put forth. The other four members of the team are far more interesting than Brody. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 5