Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Escape Plan

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, MAY 21, 9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT

Sgt. Grey helps the team prepare for their biggest mission yet. Meanwhile, Aaron, Lopez, Celina, Tim and Smitty discover a surprising connection in their case.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

And Smitty? He only did police work on The Rookie: Feds.

Aww. I thought Smitty did great undercover work last week. 
His one-notedness really worked.

• Like 3
Spoiler

I now see why Smitty has a case. At least one of The Rookie: Feds agents makes an appearance.

Okay…doesn’t anybody stay gone on this show? Send a guy to prison for life? He gets out. And brings Bailey’s ex husband along for the ride. Can’t they create a new villain for a change, instead of giving us Monica again and her rogues gallery of former baddies? 
Unless somebody is proven dead on this show, they just keep coming back. 

So Nolan and Harper just go rogue, disobeying orders, and disrupting the entire operation, and nobody says anything…no reprimand or anything? 

So now we have to go through adoption high jinks next season? Assuming that Bailey’s ex doesn’t get her first. What do you want to bet they end up with an older child, because what this show needs is a Cousin Oliver situation. 

Sigh…another shortened tv season. I’m like that woman on the cruise ship complaining that she hates the food, “and the portions are so small!”

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Was this the season finale? Felt like it. 

We knew there was going to end up being a giant fustercluck firefight. But I found myself actively hoping Oscar’s getaway car would blow sky-high. 

• Like 1

Way too many villains ready to come out of the wings and do jump scares next season.
At least this show does the "Previously on the show" clips. 

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

I found myself actively hoping Oscar’s getaway car would blow sky-high. 

Really?
F'in' Oscar's the villain you wanted to go poof? 
I can think of a couple of others I'd prefer.

5 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

So Nolan and Harper just go rogue, disobeying orders, and disrupting the entire operation, and nobody says anything…no reprimand or anything? 

So not fair.
Especially on this show.

So now we have to go through adoption high jinks next season? Assuming that Bailey’s ex doesn’t get her first. 

Speaking of not fair, they better not be able to adopt after Nolan just deliberately put himself in the line of fire by disobeying direct orders, and Bailey's ex is out to get them.
I mean, there has to be a significant number of viewers who have been through that process and would be pretty upset to see Nolan and Bailey get to adopt a child after all that, never mind the inherent danger in their regular jobs. 

What do you want to bet they end up with an older child,

Okay. I guess maybe that could happen.
Not that it makes sense.
Probably a genius hacker kid who wants to fight crime.

Or how about just fostering infants and toddlers for short periods of time? 
Too heartbreaking?
But very cute.
Maybe Bailey's evil ex kills her, and Nolan raises the cute baby?

• Like 1

The Argentine people are still telling the legend of a mysterious, fancy, and unbearable redhead running through the hills for all time...

Of course she got away.  Ughhhhhh, I hate this.  Just end the storyline, never revisit Elijah, and get us a better villain.  Although with the obsession with redheads, who is next?  Cameron Monaghan?  Tony Curran?

OK we all know Nolan is no longer a Rookie, but is he really good enough to get one over on the obviously military or agency-trained blond guy helping them in Argentina (I will grant that Nolan surprised him) and the mercenary worthy of being hired to protect a Swiss billionaire?  Next season he'll beat Bradford hand-to-hand and that, I will not concede.

Nolan thought he was on FBI: International and had any iota of jurisdiction.  Sure, let's create some international incidents, who cares?  That is sillier than Lopez and Harper charging the LAPD for plane tickets to the Honeymoon Island from Hell.

Why do shows think we want to see the return of horrible abusive partners played by the real-life SOs of the actresses?  I didn't want it on 911, I don't want it here.

I don't know when Jenna Dewan is giving birth, but now they can write her out for maternity leave (sincerely, I hope she takes as much time as she wants, motherhood is hard) by saying she's in hiding from the murderous ex.

I wonder if Blair's prison sentence for her known crimes will be longer than what she would have gotten for the buried DUI manslaughter.  Was it worth it, Blair????

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

The Rookie's writing stuff preparing the AI machine to create this episode's script:

Writers: Make everyone a "Bailey".
AI:  
Writers: Add Mission Impossible Vibes
AI: 😮 
Writers: ok ok.. at least  bit of a Rambo touch then?
AI:  
Writers: Add some exotic location outside US
AI: 
Writers: How many Villains against Nolan can we gather?
AI: yes
Writers: with at least one red head.
AI: 
Writers: and add Elija....
AI:  🤬

P.S. The stupidity of this show's villains cracks me up.
Like the laundromat-death-trap with only two exits! And this dude wanted to blackmail Monica, lol!
p.s.2
I am trying to understand Monica's master plan, blackmail cops so her "clients" escape them. I mean TR LAPD version is stupid, but that stupid not to realize what is going on after a while? yeah, that stupid, lol!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 or 5 pistol shots inside of a truck cab right next to his ear, how is it that Sergeant Bradford can still hear?

Being saved by a bad guy getting run over by the truck is really being overused.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

When Monica got away at the end, I was done with this season. I have loved Bridget Regan since she played good Kahlan in Legend of the Seeker, but I just hate her Monica character. I hate even more that they made her such a two-dimensional villain.

IIRC, Nolan broke up with a previous girlfriend (played by Sarah Shahi) because she wanted to be a mom and he didn't want another child. I guess it was a timing issue? Or maybe another case of "it's not you, it's me" being a lie?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone know if this crapfest has been renewed for another season?

Oh, and another time travel episode, how in the HELL did Nolan and Harper make it back it back from Argentina it’s such lightning speed?

Just can’t handle another episode with boring Blair in peril……

1 minute ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Does anyone know if this crapfest has been renewed for another season?

Oh, and another time travel episode, how in the HELL did Nolan and Harper make it back it back from Argentina it’s such lightning speed?

Just can’t handle another episode with boring Blair in peril……

Sorry meant to say boring Bailey

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zaffy said:

Writers: Add Mission Impossible Vibes
AI: 😮 
Writers: ok ok.. at least  bit of a Rambo touch then?
AI:  

😆🤣👏

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

just hate her Monica character. I hate even more that they made her such a two-dimensional villain.

Monica is like Gumby but flatter. 
Ooo. Like a used car dealership tube man.

hqdefault.jpg
full of air when she pops up for an episode.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

Oh geez, so when Monica pops up again she's going to be an international woman of crime?  Seriously show, why didn't you just kill her, ugh!  Now we have Bailey's ex and Oscar running around.  At least Nolan and Bailey got a warning this time.  Also, it would probably be a good idea to wait on a kid until after both those loons are back in prison.

I did appreciate Thorson telling the doctor to stuff it.

We won't even go into the silliness of Nolan and Harper going to Argentina, going rogue and being back in time for the wrap-up.

I'd wish for better next season but that would entail some type of miracle.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

We won't even go into the silliness of Nolan and Harper going to Argentina, going rogue and being back in time for the wrap-up.

I wonder if it was originally a crossover with the cancelled Rookie Feds characters, and supposed to have aired mid season (with a longer season sans Writers Strike) and if Niecy Nash was supposed to go rogue, like she always did in Rookie Feds?

• Like 4

A lackluster finale.

Too many villains in one story:

• RECYCLED - Monica Stevens, Oscar Hutchinson.
  • HALF-BAKED - Christian Bautista, Gundo, Eric Ramsey, Jakob Olmstead
  • TIMID - Blair London.
  • IRRELEVANT - Jason Wyler

spacer.png

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if it was originally a crossover with the cancelled Rookie Feds characters, and supposed to have aired mid season (with a longer season sans Writers Strike) and if Niecy Nash was supposed to go rogue, like she always did in Rookie Feds?

Alexi Hawley has asked the network if he can bring back these beloved Feds characters in The Rookie's finale. He wants to keep them alive despite the cancellation.

SOURCE

• Useful 3

In a fire fight, you should always stand outside your bullet proof vehicle out in the open.

Why not take the Humvee and drive off road after Monica, who is on foot, probably heels.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, edhopper said:

In a fire fight, you should always stand outside your bullet proof vehicle out in the open.

Why not take the Humvee and drive off road after Monica, who is on foot, probably heels.

Oh now there you go looking for logic.  I pretty much expect that TPTB are going to treat the audience as a bunch of maroons no matter the show/movie.

12 hours ago, Raja said:

4 or 5 pistol shots inside of a truck cab right next to his ear, how is it that Sergeant Bradford can still hear?

I watched the baddie pull a long, pointy knife and plunge it into Bradford's lower body over and over again. How is he walking around with two tiny butterfly bandages on his face and a backpack over his shoulder?

knife3.thumb.jpg.b9fa8650a94e2e3acd959d9be8800f29.jpg

This photo shows the third time he was stabbed. Look at the length of that blade! After this it takes Lucy 32 seconds to jump over to the truck and go to Tim's aid. Even a few wounds in his lower extremities - where he isn't wearing any body armour - would have been very serious and easily life threatening. 

I think the script called for someone to receive a nasty injury and initially that was to be Tim, but Nolan decided he wanted the glory of taking wounds for the team. So Tim's stabbing became a paper-cut on his face and Nolan got a bullet in the side of his ass.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

I watched the baddie pull a long, pointy knife and plunge it into Bradford's lower body over and over again. How is he walking around with two tiny butterfly bandages on his face and a backpack over his shoulder?and Nolan got a bullet in the side of his ass.
…Even a few wounds in his lower extremities - where he isn't wearing any body armour - would have been very serious and easily life threatening. 

Having had major abdominal surgery twice myself, I was quickly trying to fanwank it, and could only come up with:

• Tim was doing some sort of acrobatic/ninja rolling out of the way of the knife such that it barely grazed him, or
  • The knife wielder's aim kept getting thrown off by vehicle lurches, or 
  • Tim was in fact wearing body armor on his abdomen and nether regions, or
  • (just now came up with) the scene was an homage to the final episode of the first season of True Detective, 
    • or, not quite an "homage," but more of an: 
      If they could have the hero survive that knife attack, we can do this.
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

1. This episode jumped the shark on so many levels.

2. The Bailey actress is definitely preggers IRL.

3. One of the minor actors is named Jon Snow, LOL!

With all the extra characters I had even more trouble than usual identifying them, even some of the men this time.  Who was the man who got shot and stuffed into a trash can at the beginning? (And why did he put out a can that was almost empty?) I thought at first he was Wesley but we saw Wesley alive later.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Driad said:

With all the extra characters I had even more trouble than usual identifying them, even some of the men this time.  Who was the man who got shot and stuffed into a trash can at the beginning? (And why did he put out a can that was almost empty?) 

That is the way trash is done in LA. Otherwise you wait a week while decomposition continues to take place. 

I would need to rewatch but I  think it was the blue can he was dropped into. In the city, assuming he lives there since no one commutes on the show, that is the recycling can and scavengers often get the good stuff out before the truck sanitation gets to the can.

Edited by Raja
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Driad said:

With all the extra characters I had even more trouble than usual identifying them, even some of the men this time.  Who was the man who got shot and stuffed into a trash can at the beginning? (And why did he put out a can that was almost empty?) I thought at first he was Wesley but we saw Wesley alive later.

I think that was the detective who was in the pocket of the psychologist?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Just kill Monica already and get it over with.  What is with this shows hard-on for red-headed female super villains?  Just mow her down with the Humvee (oopsy!) and be done with it.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

I also had a hard time figuring out the characters in this ep. Thought the crooked cop/bureaucrat/lawyer guy murdered at the beginning was the evil money laundering guy at first, but rewatched and figured it out. I am having a terrible time keeping Bailey and Chen and Blair and the various nannies, all slender brunettes of generic prettiness straight. I'd say thank God for the evil redhead, but I hate Monica with the heat of a thousand nuns so she doesn't get a pass here.

Can we PLEASE go back to crime-of-the-day stories with kooky LA crime calls? We don't need Evil Genius Lawyers who have enough money to bribe cartel kings, Swiss financiers and crime boss money launderers. Or international incidents that OMG the State Dept would have to deal with because Hero Nolan has to rescue a damsel in distress. SMH the idiocy of this season...

Oh and if course another Evil Genius has escaped prison and will be looking to mess up Nolan! Because why not? 

🤯

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 5/28/2024 at 3:33 PM, Red Bridey said:

I also had a hard time figuring out the characters in this ep. Thought the crooked cop/bureaucrat/lawyer guy murdered at the beginning was the evil money laundering guy at first, but rewatched and figured it out. I am having a terrible time keeping Bailey and Chen and Blair and the various nannies, all slender brunettes of generic prettiness straight. I'd say thank God for the evil redhead, but I hate Monica with the heat of a thousand nuns so she doesn't get a pass here.

Can we PLEASE go back to crime-of-the-day stories with kooky LA crime calls? We don't need Evil Genius Lawyers who have enough money to bribe cartel kings, Swiss financiers and crime boss money launderers. Or international incidents that OMG the State Dept would have to deal with because Hero Nolan has to rescue a damsel in distress. SMH the idiocy of this season...

Oh and if course another Evil Genius has escaped prison and will be looking to mess up Nolan! Because why not? 

🤯

Other than confusing the brunettes, totally agree.

If next season is more of these bad guys or some other recurring bad guys, I might have to stop watching and that's a pity because I really like the original concept of the show.  I know Nolan can't be a rookie, but otherwise...  Sigh.

• Like 4