Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

South Dakota is one of the states that recognizes grandparents' rights to visitation.

If Chelsea was interested in terminating those, she is probably doing herself a disservice by continuing to allow the Linds to see Aubree on a regular basis as that sets a precedent. I don't think she's interested in terminating their visitation, but she's aware of their inability to set boundaries with Adam. She might be biding her time until she has documented evidence of them violating the conditions.

For you ladies who have issues with your in-laws...have you ever visited "DWIL Nation" on Babycenter community boards? I learned a lot from them when Mr. Guilfoyle and I got married. They have lots of input and resources. Also a lot of cray, but just throwing it out there. 

I haven’t. I try to forget mine exists. She’s done enough mental damage on myself and my husband.  We cut her out of our life 8 yrs ago after she assaulted me.  I have a total panic attack if I see her.  She showed up at my last job and asked for me. When I turned around and saw her my entire body started shaking.  I told my pharmacist (I worked at a pharmacy) that’s her.  They knew exactly who I meant.  By the time the pharmacist went to tell her to leave she was gone. It took a long time to regain my composure.  Psycho!! It would take days to write about it all. 

• Love 11

I'm not married, but my sister's MIL is batshit too. I think it has been probably 4 or 5 years since they've had contact with her at this point. Fortunately she lives in another state & couldn't care less to contact them, or check in on her grandson. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I'm not married, but my sister's MIL is batshit too. I think it has been probably 4 or 5 years since they've had contact with her at this point. Fortunately she lives in another state & couldn't care less to contact them, or check in on her grandson. 

I feel for her.  Thank goodness she doesn’t live nearby. Mine lives a few miles away. My daughter says when she turns 18 we can move away. Hahaa she wants to finish school with her friends.  I’m so ready. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8

I was at the optometrist's today, and as the optician and receptionist were helping me pick out new frames, we started talking about how frames go in and out of style. I told them I watched a show with a young girl wearing aviator frames, and they both laughed, incredulous. It's an interesting choice, and not one I would have predicted. 

• Love 7
On 6/5/2018 at 12:13 PM, Booger666 said:

Question for those of you in the legal field.  I’ve always heard that grandparents don’t have any legal rights, but the Linds have one weekend per month.  Do grandparents have visitation “rights”?  Is it just Chelsea being agreeable?  Something else?

She shouldn't interfere with Adams parents visitation with Aubree. Aubree has said she doesn't really see Adam. The constant bringing up Adam and drama about him is to keep her on the show because other than that, there is nothing interesting about her. What upsets me about her is that she changed Aubree last name to her husband last name but still want And think he should pay child support. Let Cole take care of her. What happens if Cole and her doesn't make for the long haul.

5 hours ago, Rachel51 said:

She shouldn't interfere with Adams parents visitation with Aubree. Aubree has said she doesn't really see Adam. The constant bringing up Adam and drama about him is to keep her on the show because other than that, there is nothing interesting about her. What upsets me about her is that she changed Aubree last name to her husband last name but still want And think he should pay child support. Let Cole take care of her. What happens if Cole and her doesn't make for the long haul.

"Let Cole take care of her?". Ummm, I think Chelsea would be just fine on her own. You know, it being 2018 & all. And maybe Adam's shit-for-brains parents can pony up the $160 a month to cover the obligation of THEIR vagina hair-do'ed mistake. 

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Rachel51 said:

I think the name was hyphenated not totally switched to DeBoer. I agree that Chelsea should've waited a little longer before taking that step, but I guess if she and Cole ever divorce Aubree will be old enough to keep it or drop it and just go back to Lind. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

First, she didn't completely drop Adam's name. She is still a Lind. She's just now a Lind-DeBoer, which I'm sure makes her happier considering she's in a house full of DeBoers. I am the only child between my mom and dad. My mom remarried when I was 3 and they had 3 kids. I ALWAYS felt left out, because I lived with them full time and was the only one with a different last name. I think this was a good compromise for all involved. 

Second, Adam helped create her. Period. No matter what name she has, he is responsible for her financially. Cole has, and will, take care of her. In fact, Adumb is currently over $10,000 in arrears for back child support. They don't need his freaking money. It's the principal of it. 

At any rate, CS was set up long ago. It was ADUMB who brought the issue back up, by going to court to reduce it. IMO, if he would sign away his rights entirely (something he callously talked about doing back when his daughter was just days old), I'd let the CS go. But, as it is, he claims to want a relationship with her. So why should he get to see her and not help take care of her? 

Adumb's parents can't be trusted. Granted, Adumb isn't around much (thank God), but they HAVE ignored court orders and let Adumb take Aubree places on his own. For that, I'd cut them off entirely. 

First of all my comment wasn't about making Adam right or an Angel because yes he has problems. Second we don't really know what's going on between Adam, his parents and Chelsea, you only hear what Chelsea say and from watching the show this season there's lying coming out of both sides of the mouth from all of them. A last name is important and means a lot to be taken away. Imo I don't believe Adam is taking Aubree off from his parents because I tend to believe Aubree when she say she doesn't see him. He's too busy doing his thing to even bother with her to put her in danger. As I was saying in order to stay on the show we have to keep the Adam drama going. Every week its something about Adam, I can tell from Cole face, he's tired of hearing about Adam. Maybe she should terminate all Adam's right's but I still think she would expect child support.

I believe Aubree asked about being a DeBoer, it's not like Chelsea insisted on the change.  I agree it's a good compromise to hyphenate the name if Aubree was in favour.  My mom remarried when I was 2 and it sucked having every single person in the house with a different last name than I.  They always talked about hyphenating my name but never did.  Maybe I'm projecting a bit but I get where they were coming from and think it was the right call.

I think Chelsea would forget about the child support if Adam would sign away his parental rights.  They don't need his money, but he created that girl too, if he isn't signing away rights then he should definitely be responsible for providing for her financially. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Rachel51 said:

First of all my comment wasn't about making Adam right or an Angel because yes he has problems. Second we don't really know what's going on between Adam, his parents and Chelsea, you only hear what Chelsea say and from watching the show this season there's lying coming out of both sides of the mouth from all of them. A last name is important and means a lot to be taken away. Imo I don't believe Adam is taking Aubree off from his parents because I tend to believe Aubree when she say she doesn't see him. He's too busy doing his thing to even bother with her to put her in danger. As I was saying in order to stay on the show we have to keep the Adam drama going. Every week its something about Adam, I can tell from Cole face, he's tired of hearing about Adam. Maybe she should terminate all Adam's right's but I still think she would expect child support.

She can't terminate his rights.  He would have to voluntarily sign off and we know he's not giving up what little control he has.  His parents did allow him to visit Aubree at their house Easter weekend (and he was stupid enough to post it on Instagram) in direct violation of the visitation order.  That's after their visitation was reduced to just one weekend/month last Fall (what's airing now).  Adam's' recently been arrested for assault/stalking and hangs out with/filmed with people recently arrested for meth.  Chelsea is doing what she can through the courts to protect Aubree. His parents need to stop enabling him and also focus on what's best for Aubree.

His child support order was $160/month and he's $10k in arrears so the DeBoers certainly aren't counting on him to finance their lifestyle.  

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Rachel51 said:

Again, the name WASN'T taken away. It was hyphenated. 

Also, Chelsea may be many things, but nothing she's ever said about Adumb has been proven to be a lie. And I'm pretty sure that his parents violating court orders is a verified fact and not just something Chelsea is claiming.

• Love 22

The tone of this thread is getting way too heated and several posts have been removed. Do not attack other posters for having an opinion different than your own—regardless how unpopular you think those opinions are. Time to move on from the conversation about Adam's child support/grandparent visitation/Aubree's last name/parental rights termination.   

10 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Wow.  That's very impressive. I think I got a girl stiffy watching that.  Can you imagine what a deck built by David would look like?  

I bet we're going to find out.  It'll be the next project on The Land. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Cole is the younger, preppier version of my husband. I love how handy he is! 

That's such an attractive quality for me in a man. It makes me feel safe.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, zenme said:

That's such an attractive quality for me in a man. It makes me feel safe.

Same here. My husband just built me a pergola for the backyard in between jobs. He also single-handedly built our vacation cabin. He's in HVAC by profession, but he constantly amazes me what other skills he can pick up - carpentry, plumbing, electric. I do feel I could rely on him a lot in a SHTF scenario. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Same here. My husband just built me a pergola for the backyard in between jobs. He also single-handedly built our vacation cabin. He's in HVAC by profession, but he constantly amazes me what other skills he can pick up - carpentry, plumbing, electric. I do feel I could rely on him a lot in a SHTF scenario. 

Can I rent his carpentry/handyman skills, please?   :-)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

What is SHTF?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, druzy said:

I need a reference sheet for all of these initials. As per Google SHTF=Shit Hits the Fan. 

Same here.  I'll never understand why it's so hard to type out an entire word. It only takes a second. 

I'm not speaking of any particular poster, just in general. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I need a reference sheet for all of these initials. As per Google SHTF=Shit Hits the Fan. 

I had to google it, too. I feel old. Hahaha

• Love 5