Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

If we can comment on how the other girls spend their own money, we can certainly comment on Chelsea. 

Chelsea is in no way a sociopath like Jenelle, but that doesn't mean I like her.

Touché ?

• Love 3

I think they both look great. Sounds like a nice time. I don't have any problem with how they did things. They wanted to be married before the baby came. Chelsea DIDN'T want to be on display like Kail with her 9 month baby bump at the aquarium. She also wanted to be able to cut loose at her reception. So they just did a quick, simple wedding before Watson arrived, then waited until he was old enough to likely be left overnight/not nurse overnight and had a grand time. Good for them. 

Agreed,  People can celebrate their marriage however they want.  If I don't like it, I simply decline the invite.  I'm sure both had family & friends who weren't at the small ceremony & were excited to celebrate their marriage.  If people were upset about the reception being a year later they could easily have opted out.

Then why was she at that bridal store a few weeks ago, thanking them for helping her? Genuinely not trying to be snarky. I hope she is wearing a dress that she had before! That would be way less wasteful!

Alterations?

They both look amazingly happy and from the pics, it looks like a fun event.  Good on them.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 9

Chelsea's not perfect by any means...but boy she sure is a breath of fresh air when it comes to watching ANY of the other teen moms!! Including OG. I aint gonna lie, if i had her $, and i already own a home (like she does), my kids are taken care of, we go on vacations, and i have their future secured plus money in the bank, PLUS my husband works...i think i can have a "reception/wedding thing" however many times i want. Thats jmo ?

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Then why was she at that bridal store a few weeks ago, thanking them for helping her? Genuinely not trying to be snarky. I hope she is wearing a dress that she had before! That would be way less wasteful!

My guess would be footage because she doesn't have much else to film. Haha alterations? No telling.  I guess I didn't see that footage. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think they both look great. Sounds like a nice time. I don't have any problem with how they did things. They wanted to be married before the baby came. Chelsea DIDN'T want to be on display like Kail with her 9 month baby bump at the aquarium. She also wanted to be able to cut loose at her reception. So they just did a quick, simple wedding before Watson arrived, then waited until he was old enough to likely be left overnight/not nurse overnight and had a grand time. Good for them. 

Yeah I agree. They both look great (hair not with standing) and I love any excuse for a party so ROCK ON. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, JuliesMommy said:

This, along with the kim kardashian anology... perfectly said!! I cant stand those kardashian bitches, but they have drive, and would NEVER make an ass of themselves like that...let alone twice on TV. Like mentioned above, leah is lazy, unmotivated, un prepared, scattered brain, yokel and all she does is continue to make herself look like a complete idiot with ANY decisions she makes of her mess of a life.

I agree. As much as I loathe the Kardashians, they'll haul their silicone butts to Mars if it puts a dollar in their pocket. There was an episode where Kim was scheduled to do a talk in San Francisco while heavily pregnant with Saint and she came down with a bad cold. She still got on the plane, flew up there and fulfilled her obligation. Leah has a long way to go in developing any semblance of motivation or a career. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, Mkay said:

My guess would be footage because she doesn't have much else to film. Haha alterations? No telling.  I guess I didn't see that footage. 

It was just a post on Instagram a few weeks ago. I really do hope it was alterations! She wore a camo shirt and shoes that looked like they had a house arrest monitor attached. ??‍♀️

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Oooooh, Randy, spill the tea dammit!!!

I always let mine record as least 30 mins before I watch. This way I can fast forward through Brianna's segments and commercials. I'm getting anxious with all the chatter and Jenelle deleting her twitter. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I could give two shits less if Chelsea had a wedding a year after her original wedding, or was it just a reception with a wedding dress? I just don't understand why people give a flying fuck about what two adults do with their own time and their own money.

They're happy and SHADOWING over Jenelle's dreary wedding. We should all put our differences aside and share in the awesomeness that is of Chelsea ONCE AGAIN outshining Jenelle. Everyone was all about Watson's birth and not so much Endtable and now there is soooo much positive praise for Chelsea's reception than for Jenelle's wedding of horrors. ??

Jenelle must be FUMING with Jealousy!!! She probably has a special nailed up closet with a shrine of Chelsea with voodoo dolls while she dances inside a blood circle with a red wig on.

...took that too far? ??

I agree. However, she is on the show just like the rest and she is not immune from the snark. 

@snarts Agree. If family and friends are bothered or find the reception a tacky affair, they can choose not to go. The fact they attended tells me they are happy to be part of the celebration. 

• Love 5
On 9/5/2017 at 1:06 PM, ghoulina said:

I have no idea why this is here

I get what people are saying about having the party a year later, yes their $ and their business but why do we have to be subjected to it? Glad Chelsea is happy but geezalou can we stop with the wedding/receptions for awhile? Chelsea and her whining can leave anytime. Cole-UH!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

If not a second wedding, why is she wearing a wedding dress?

I don't know about you, but the weddings I have gone to (and I have been to a lot) brides either wore their wedding dress for the wedding AND the reception or they wore a different white dress just for the reception. Just like the one I attended where the couple celebrated their five year anniversary. The bride wore one dress for the church service and a different one for the reception. Chelsea is wearing a different long white dress than she wore at her wedding. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

I didn't do any dress changes for mine. If I allowed myself into my dressing room I would have found a way to my vintage Nike joggings and t-shirt STAT! Lol. Wedding dresses are not the most comfortable. But dammmmmn, it was a day to remember (memory lane). ?

• Love 6

I can't snark on Chelsea about two wedding events because my wife and I had to do two. She's originally from NY but has lived in GA for several years. I'm a GA native. Most of my friends and family are in GA/AL/SC. Hers were in NY/NJ/CA. Logistics were a goddamn nightmare for us (we're in metro ATL, but still fairly rural so hotels weren't guaranteed, she's a non-practicing Jew but she has very devout friends who keep kosher and that's not guaranteed here, finances for flights, etc.).  So we decided to do two weddings: one in GA (last July) and one in NY (this July). It was just easier for us to go to the NY folks than to have them all come to us. Fewer people had to go out of their way to travel, and it worked out well. Both of our weddings were in restaurants, so we did the whole shebang for about $4K.

• Love 17

I too have been to weddings where a bride changed into a different formal dress for the reception. Back in my day, brides wore their wedding dress throughout the special day. If you have the money, go for it. IMO I'd rather spend my money on a nice honeymoon vacation or home rather than spend it on a wedding. Then again, I don't bring in six figures a year. That would likely change my opinion on things.

I have also been to weddings where the reception took place at a later date. Some couples are about having intimate weddings for whatever reason. I was never one to really want to go to the actual wedding since 99.9% of the weddings took place in church. It is tedious, long, and boring. After a few of those, I stopped going to the wedding and just attended the reception. The only wedding ceremonies I go to are for immediate family members.

I don't see the big deal with Chelsea having hers later.

I don't care for her dress since it seems to clash with what Cole is wearing which seems like his everyday wear.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

A long, but sweet video. 

Seeing the image of Cole giving Aubree a ring, gets me every single time. *sniff*

My cousin married a woman with two young kids many years ago. He did the same thing. He gave her son a cross necklace and her daughter a ring that she wore around her neck with a necklace. It was such a touching moment. They love him as their father. It is wonderful and beautiful when a person takes on a partner with children and treats them like they are their own. This video warms my heart after what I had to watch last night. If only Jenelle's kids could see what a blended family really is supposed to be about. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 17
On 10/9/2017 at 6:55 PM, DangerousMinds said:

If we can comment on how the other girls spend their own money, we can certainly comment on Chelsea. 

Chelsea is in no way a sociopath like Jenelle, but that doesn't mean I like her.

This. Not everything is a comparison. I'm annoyed by Chelsea and don't think she's that awesome. She seems lazy and spoiled to me and I think two weddings are tacky and wasteful. That has literally nothing to do with any of the other girls. Obviously they are worse. But this board is to snark on everything, cause it's fun. ;) 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

This. Not everything is a comparison. I'm annoyed by Chelsea and don't think she's that awesome. She seems lazy and spoiled to me and I think two weddings are tacky and wasteful. That has literally nothing to do with any of the other girls. Obviously they are worse. But this board is to snark on everything, cause it's fun. ;) 

I agree! I compare Chelsea to an average person, not these other trashtastic train wrecks. She was never going to be like them because she came from such a vastly different background! I don't see her getting on drugs and married to an UBT under Randy's watch. Compared to the average person her age from her background, she is way behind and has never, ever learned the value of hard work. The average person in her position would have made so much more of her good fortune than she has! I like snarking on her waaaay more than Jenelle or Kail because she's kind of ridiculous, but j&k really depress and sadden me. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

The average person in her position would have made so much more of her good fortune than she has

Oh I think Chelsea is pretty "average" for her socioeconomic background and generation. I go to a large state university and plenty of the kids from the better off families are coddled, privileged and clueless about the world outside of their bubble.

To be fair it might be more generational then socioeconomic. The other mother's have done little of significance with their MTV windfalls, neither investing nor saving the resources they been given. Or maybe they are all just not very bright? I have to give Chelsea a smidge of credit, she was at least bright enough to know to turn to others for financial advice.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Oh I think Chelsea is pretty "average" for her socioeconomic background and generation. I go to a large state university and plenty of the kids from the better off families are coddled, privileged and clueless about the world outside of their bubble.

To be fair it might be more generational then socioeconomic. The other mother's have done little of significance with their MTV windfalls, neither investing nor saving the resources they been given. Or maybe they are all just not very bright? I have to give Chelsea a smidge of credit, she was at least bright enough to know to turn to others for financial advice.

I don't know. I'm not that much older than her and everyone I know my age works multiple jobs or one full-time job while raising families, and a few are stay at home parents, but most have multiple degrees or vocational training because a B.A. today is the equivalent of a high school diploma thirty years ago (in terms of ability to get a decent job with it). That could just be my own experience, though.

Maybe, if anything, it's regional? I assume she's not that far off from the norm in her immediate area? But I think the closest thing to the truth is that, like you suggest, they're all just not very bright. Chelsea definitely hasn't wasted everything she's gotten like the rest. She'll do ok, and if she needed to, she has her license and could go back to work, though I think she'd find working full-time and supporting herself to be a huge transition. But of course it's self-selecting--people who agree to be on a show about teen moms for multiple years probably by definition aren't the smartest, most resourceful people around.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't know. I'm not that much older than her and everyone I know my age works multiple jobs or one full-time job while raising families, and a few are stay at home parents, but most have multiple degrees or vocational training because a B.A. today is the equivalent of a high school diploma thirty years ago (in terms of ability to get a decent job with it). That could just be my own experience, though.

Maybe, if anything, it's regional? I assume she's not that far off from the norm in her immediate area? But I think the closest thing to the truth is that, like you suggest, they're all just not very bright. Chelsea definitely hasn't wasted everything she's gotten like the rest. She'll do ok, and if she needed to, she has her license and could go back to work, though I think she'd find working full-time and supporting herself to be a huge transition. But of course it's self-selecting--people who agree to be on a show about teen moms for multiple years probably by definition aren't the smartest, most resourceful people around.

She basically explained what I meant. ^^

While a lot of people from her socioeconomic background are coddled, they're coddled while they finish degrees. Daddy might pay for their first apartment, but it's in the city where they're working their first "real" full-time job. I don't know a single person from her background as lazy and unaccomplished as she is. She only looks good compared to these losers she shares the screen with. 

I do think she's a great mother, but many people are great with their kids but also have some drive. 

• Love 4

I always wondered if the girls had issues with fans just showing up to their houses, since they show the outsides of them and you can get addresses etc very easily off the internet.  That would be so scary, especially with young children.  And if Aubree is anything like my 8 year old she opens the door for anyone!  I wonder if they live somewhere with options to gate off their property/driveway like the Duggars have done?

I wonder if the less popular Teen Moms (Kail, Jenelle) get visitors like this?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

She basically explained what I meant. ^^

While a lot of people from her socioeconomic background are coddled, they're coddled while they finish degrees. Daddy might pay for their first apartment, but it's in the city where they're working their first "real" full-time job. I don't know a single person from her background as lazy and unaccomplished as she is. She only looks good compared to these losers she shares the screen with. 

I do think she's a great mother, but many people are great with their kids but also have some drive. 

Yeah-growing up I was often called "spoiled" because of my material possessions and comfort (never mind the hours I had to spend as a child/teen caring for the elderly and the disabled but people rarely consider caregiving "work"), however I was required to maintain a high grade point average, be respectful to my elders, care for my grandfather and sister properly. No way in this world could I have not gone to college or even gone and pulled Cs- my Mom would slapped the black off of me for wasting her hard her money on tuition while I had time to moon over some boy the way Chelsea mooned over Adam.

I don't think Chelsea is a morally corrupt human being or anything but yes she is "lazy". Not emotionally lazy towards her children but a wee bit intellectually lazy. She was never going to be anything but a SAHM to a nice guy- nothing wrong with that but I don't think she has the IQ or the drive to be a business owner or have a successful career. I do wonder what type of person we would be seeing if Kailyn (out of all the TM/TM2 girls I think she and Farrah have the highest god given IQs) had been raised with loving nurturing parents like Chelsea. 

Heres my rank of TM/TM2 Moms:

1. Chelsea

2. Maci

3. Farrah- extra points for knowing she's not mom material and not having any more kids!

4. Brianna- while she may be a horrible human being, Nova is cared for properly physically and emotionally. They do share far too many topics in front of her but I don't doubt Nova knows she's loved and valued and special just for who she is (not as a tools to punish or keep a guy). I also don't think Brianna would ever let a guy hurt Nova  I think she has a lot of streets smarts I don't see her letting any strange men be alone with Nova at all, she would actually think about keeping her daughter safe.

5. Kailyn- I rank her just SLIGHTLY below Brianna, she does have care and concern for her sons but not over her own comfort. Brianna can at least be a pleasant human being which seems impossible for Kailyn these days. I don't like Kailyn would ever let anyone hurt the boys (see examples below). But she's already using them as emotional crutches (see that king bullshit). And that fake PFA against Javi over nothing ?.

6. Catelynn- Catelynn would not do anything to actively hurt Nova but she's pretty neglectful. I think Brianna's Nova and Catelynn boys are much better cared for emotionally and physically. 

7. Leah- ranks below Catelynn due to her neglect over Ali's MD and Dr Tsao's advice. It's not a joke. This is Ali's life, it's not about Leah's pride or guilt. 

8. Amber- is above Jenelle because she hasn't had any more children and she does seem to understand (even though she may never admit it out loud) that gary and Kristina are Leah's real parents. If Amber would get and stay clean, pay Gary child support AND keep scummy guys away from Leah she would shoot up 2 slots in my book. 

9. Jenelle- enough said. 

• Love 7

@Scarlett45 well said! I grew up with a lot of material things, but my dad got those things through hard work, and our expectation was that we work that hard too. I got a C in middle school math and my parents chewed me out...and it was an 84, the highest a C could be!!! After college, I had to live with my mom and dad for one year because it was 2010, right after the recession, and I had two part-time jobs, one at a small newspaper and one at a dance studio. They welcomed me back with open arms, but I was expected to contribute, and they made it clear that this wasn't going to be a multiple-years arrangement, and I was either going to find a job soon to support myself or go back to school in a field with more jobs. I can't imagine bumbling through school, never trying that hard, and then graduating with a baby, not working, and wanting my own place. They NEVER would have been okay with that! I don't know anyone else who scored that sweet kind of arrangement either. From the time I saw her 16+P, I knew Chelsea was a good mom, and I think the show made its point...it's way better to be older, married, and established so you CAN feasibly be a SAHM. Randy enabled her to be one at 18 and single, however, and I believe that would have happened regardless of MTV!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

@Scarlett45 well said! I grew up with a lot of material things, but my dad got those things through hard work, and our expectation was that we work that hard too. I got a C in middle school math and my parents chewed me out...and it was an 84, the highest a C could be!!! After college, I had to live with my mom and dad for one year because it was 2010, right after the recession, and I had two part-time jobs, one at a small newspaper and one at a dance studio. They welcomed me back with open arms, but I was expected to contribute, and they made it clear that this wasn't going to be a multiple-years arrangement, and I was either going to find a job soon to support myself or go back to school in a field with more jobs. I can't imagine bumbling through school, never trying that hard, and then graduating with a baby, not working, and wanting my own place. They NEVER would have been okay with that! I don't know anyone else who scored that sweet kind of arrangement either. From the time I saw her 16+P, I knew Chelsea was a good mom, and I think the show made its point...it's way better to be older, married, and established so you CAN feasibly be a SAHM. Randy enabled her to be one at 18 and single, however, and I believe that would have happened regardless of MTV!

We've discussed this before, I do think Randy's method of parenting Chelsea after Aubree was born was due to a sense of "benevolent sexism", he always expected her to marry a guy who would take care of her, so he was going to keep her "comfortable" until she found said guy. I don't think Randy is a complete doormat, I think he would've leaned a little harder on her if there had been no MTV income AND when Aubree was in school full time (and thus all her money wouldn't have had to go toward childcare). 

Granted Chelsea isn't living in the lap of luxury or anything (the cost of living in SD is not that high), but rarely do young women who are teen moms get to live as if they are upper middle class professional women who have CHOOSEN not to work because their husbands have 6 figure incomes. I think that's what rubs people the wrong way about Chelsea. No one doubts she's great for her kids, or loves/respects her parents etc but she doesn't get how lucky she's had it without ever having to DO much. And making a lot of personal mistakes in her youth that send young women down a path they often cannot recover from- think about what type of life Barb would have NOW if she had met/married a guy that wasn't like Jenelle's dad? Who wasn't abusive/an asshole/violent etc?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

We've discussed this before, I do think Randy's method of parenting Chelsea after Aubree was born was due to a sense of "benevolent sexism", he always expected her to marry a guy who would take care of her, so he was going to keep her "comfortable" until she found said guy. I don't think Randy is a complete doormat, I think he would've leaned a little harder on her if there had been no MTV income AND when Aubree was in school full time (and thus all her money wouldn't have had to go toward childcare). 

Granted Chelsea isn't living in the lap of luxury or anything (the cost of living in SD is not that high), but rarely do young women who are teen moms get to live as if they are upper middle class professional women who have CHOOSEN not to work because their husbands have 6 figure incomes. I think that's what rubs people the wrong way about Chelsea. No one doubts she's great for her kids, or loves/respects her parents etc but she doesn't get how lucky she's had it without ever having to DO much. And making a lot of personal mistakes in her youth that send young women down a path they often cannot recover from- think about what type of life Barb would have NOW if she had met/married a guy that wasn't like Jenelle's dad? Who wasn't abusive/an asshole/violent etc?

You have totally nailed what has always bothered me about Chelsea, but I haven't been able to put into words: she doesn't seem to get how lucky she has been without having to DO much. I do think she is grateful to Randy on a surface level, but seriously doesn't comprehend how much work she would have had to do if not for his generosity. She has always acted like the wife who doesn't have to work, while also having the freedom to mess around with awful guys like adam. That is SUCH a good point about barb, too! Without Randy's money and support, Chelsea may have, for instance, gotten kicked out and HAD to live with Adam. He would have still cheated on her multiple times, but maaaaaybe wouldn't have been heartless enough to throw her and Aubree out on the street. I could see them getting in a fight and then adam just staying gone for a few weeks. They probably would have had another kid or two, and Chelsea would have been in a situation that's very hard to get out of. Even barb struggled, and she has arguably the most drive of anyone on this show! It scares me to think what it would have taken for Chelsea, with no other options, to leave an abusive adam. 

• Love 5

Yeah I know Chelsea loves and values her Dad (and her Mom too, she's a Daddy's girl but she loves both her parents)- and she has admitted that it was her choice of Adam that meant Aubrey wouldn't have a great bio Dad the way she did- I was impressed at the self awareness on her part regarding that choice, but I think even after meeting and marrying Cole she doesn't "get it" on a practical level.

On an emotional level probably, I think she loves Cole, and loves that he and Aubrey have a good relationship, but PRACTICALLY? Nah...... she's still slightly immature in that respect. If you've never had to think about how you're going to keep the lights on, food in your stomach and new shoes on your growing child OF COURSE you're going to whine about how you're "lonely" or "your emotional needs aren't being met" in your relationship. Had Chelsea had to work, study, deal with childcare etc I don't think she would've had the energy to worry about what Adam was doing or not doing, and it would've been worse because you're right- she may have been stuck depending on him to keep the lights on and when he failed or "disappeared" she and Aubree would've been in real trouble. Of course I wouldn't want ANYONE to be abused or destitute or hungry, and no I don't think Chelsea needs to get down on her knees and kiss Randy's feet or anything but just a TINY BIT of self awareness at how lucky she is would be nice. 

Not to toot my own horn, but I be sure to mention in my Sib Group and in my discussions etc regarding growing up with my sister that yeah we had challenges BUT we did have access to resources which made those challenges easier. I give my Mom credit for always making sure 1. I got time away from the stress and 2. All of my things which were broken/taken were replaced- a lot of kids growing up in similar circumstances didn't have that because their parents couldn't afford it.

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I do think Randy is somewhat sexist. I honestly think he would have raised a boy differently and had higher expectations of a son than he did for his daughters. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I do think Randy is somewhat sexist. I honestly think he would have raised a boy differently and had higher expectations of a son than he did for his daughters. 

Absolutely. He would've required a son to have excellent grades at the very least. He may have bought him a car etc but he would expected him to excel academically and probably keep a part-time job. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Absolutely. He would've required a son to have excellent grades at the very least. He may have bought him a car etc but he would expected him to excel academically and probably keep a part-time job. 

I agree, because remember how adamant he always was about adam getting a job? I agree that the SOB needed to do something to support Aubree, or contribute to her wellbeing in SOME way, but there was never any expectation of Chelsea getting a job. I really think her tanning salon job was a storyline, since she suggested it to Randy. I think Randy would have hoped a son would follow in his footsteps and take over his practice!

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I hope Aubree's alleged college fund doesn't turn into Watson's college fund. Come on Aubree, be the first woman in the family to go to college!

I don't think Randy or Chelsea OR Cole would do that. If Aubree didn't want to go to college they would probably give it to her to purchase a home or something, I don't think they would just up and give her money to Watson. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I hope Aubree's alleged college fund doesn't turn into Watson's college fund. Come on Aubree, be the first woman in the family to go to college!

She wouldn't be the first Houska women to go to college, though. One of Chelsea's sisters has a degree. Plus I thought Mary was a dental assistant, so even if she doesn't have a bachelor degree, she had to have some schooling for it. 

Chelsea's family is kind of traditional and they tend to have the small town mindset, but I don't think they have any hangups about girls attending college. 

Also, not saying Randy isn't a little bit of a sexist good ol' boy, but is it possible that one of the reason's he didn't push Chelsea  harder is because, quite frankly, he knew she wasn't that bright? I mean, the oldest sister attended and completed college, even after having a baby, so I don't necessarily think he didn't expect anything from his daughters. I think he tends to be a permissive parent who spoils his kids. If anything, I wonder if he would've spoiled a son just as much or even more. In my experience sons tend to be spoiled and coddled even more then girls by overly permissive parents like Randy.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
had to add thought
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

She wouldn't be the first Houska women to go to college, though. One of Chelsea's sisters has a degree. Plus I thought Mary was a dental assistant, so even if she doesn't have a bachelor degree, she had to have some schooling for it. 

Chelsea's family is kind of traditional and they tend to have the small town mindset, but I don't think they have any hangups about girls attending college. 

Also, not saying Randy isn't a little bit of a sexist good ol' boy, but is it possible that one of the reason's he didn't push Chelsea  harder is because, quite frankly, he knew she wasn't that bright? I mean, the oldest sister attended and completed college, even after having a baby, so I don't necessarily think he didn't expect anything from his daughters. I think he tends to be a permissive parent who spoils his kids. If anything, I wonder if he would've spoiled a son just as much or even more. In my experience sons tend to be spoiled and coddled even more then girls by overly permissive parents like Randy.

Yeah, I think with the pregnancy and Chelsea not being very smart or driven, Randy likely just didn't expect very much from *her,* not necessarily all women. Though I do think he might not have paid for an apartment for, or tried to be harsher sooner on, a son mooning over and having unprotected sex with some "bad girl" for YEARS. 

When she met Cole and moved on, I'm sure he was content as long as she just wasn't with Adam and had her GED. The bar was set low, so I'm sure after years of drama, failing GED practice tests and footing the bill, he was just relieved for the bare minimum. He probably would have put more pressure on a girl who'd gotten all As in high school or something or had interests beyond boys (sports, music). I don't think Chelsea was ever going to be more than mediocre and he knew that. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Click the arrow on the right  to see more pictures from the “not a wedding” reception. 

Looks pretty weddingy to me. I normally wouldn't give a shit but I'm delighted because i know Janelle is sitting somewhere stewing about how Chelsea bested her once again.

• Love 15