Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ashley and Gizelle work on their fashion line; Robyn and Juan tour potential franchise locations; Wendy organizes her pilot episode.

Airdate 3/17/2024

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
(edited)

Out of respect to Giselle mom, Giselle,  and their friendship, it wasn't Robin's place to tell about Giselle father medical diagnosis in a talking head. Robin should had just deflected the question,  or said something like the family is dealing with a serious medical issue.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2

Well, those fashions for the fashion show were better than what I was expecting. The event itself was well planned and run.

That ending - teaser for next week: Sesame Street really wants to be on camera and why should Candiace say anything to her. She again is deliberately trying to trigger a specific kind of response from Candiace, just like last time, Didn’t work the first time. She really is not a nice person.

• Like 11
46 minutes ago, sATL said:

it wasn't Robin's place to tell about Giselle father medical diagnosis in a talking head. Robin should had just deflected the question,  or said something like the family is dealing with a serious medical issue.

If Robyn didn't tell it, we'd never know because whenever Gizelle is confronted about anything, "she'll talk about it later."

Gizelle always wants to "talk about it later."  That's why she got bumped out of her first chair at the reunion.

3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Sesame Street really wants to be on camera and why should Candiace say anything to her. She again is deliberately trying to trigger a specific kind of response from Candiace, just like last time, Didn’t work the first time. She really is not a nice person.

IMO Ashley knew Sesame Street was coming to fight Candiace.  Everyone else had on a dress, Sesame Street had on a bodysuit. The things Debra said to Candiace about talking behind her back but not to her face were the same things Ashley & Robyn have been saying to Candiace.  

I also want to know who told Page Six last year that Candiace approached Sesame Street and started the fight.  This is the third time somebody from the cast has gone to the blogs and claimed Candiace started fighting but when we see it on air, it shows the other person starting the fight (and in Season 7's case, Candiace wasn't even there to be fighting).

I truly hope the the rumor about the showrunner being fired is true because we shouldn't be getting into everyone's story on the next to last episode.

• Like 13
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, drivethroo said:
3 hours ago, sATL said:

If Robyn didn't tell it, we'd never know because whenever Gizelle is confronted about anything, "she'll talk about it later."

Gizelle always wants to "talk about it later."  That's why she got bumped out of her first chair at the reunion.

I give her a break because of the seriousness of the situation.  Her father has brain cancer ffs!  I can see her not wanting to speak on it since it's her dad's news to tell and maybe he didn't want it spread all over the internet and national TV.  Maybe she didn't want to speak on it until after his surgery for fear of jinxing it.  I've been in that situation and it's a very personal thing that you just don't want to talk about because it's so upsetting.  Period!

• Like 5

Robyn may have asked Gizelle if it was okay to mention Gizelle’s father’s illness before she did.  It would be a lot easier for Robyn to talk about it than Gizelle.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Wendy acting all nervous about a YouTube talk show, please stop.

Here we go with the cryangles again. We know damn well Candace was crying because her singing career isn’t happening. She may sort of want a baby but she’d rather put her money into costly tours with no hit songs. At least we were spared an awkward doctor visit with her and Chris Bassett. Although I could have done without their doctor visit, Nneka and Iyke seem like they actually want a child.

Gizelle and Ashley’s line wasn’t bad! Candiace can make all the nasty comments she wants but at least they produced something unlike her with her singing career.

I hope Robyn’s new venture goes well. 

Poor Gizelle, her dad always seemed like a nice guy.

What is wrong with Deborah? She knows Candiace isn’t going to fight. Deborah wants some tv time but they aren’t going to give it to her easily.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Candiace about the GnA collection: it's very elevated Alibaba. 

Aren't all of the ________by ___________(fill in the blank of any HW's name) collections? None of these women are going to be the next Coco Chanel.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Production cameras might have been off, but someone got the fight on their cellphone...

My guess is one of Ashley's friends leaked the fight being Candiace's fault to the gossip sites.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

The fashion show, (I'll use the word "Fashion," loosely here), was ok production wise but fashion wise, it's a nope from me. Wendy was 100% right that when she wore that body suit with the open sides the other HW's lost their minds and were vocal about how bad it looked...then cut to now and it is in the collection. 

Let's face it, there is nothing new that can be done to leggings, (the invention of the the cell phone pockets were the best thing ever) and none of their clothing designs looked well made or wearable.  What would be interesting is to see a HW actually go to fashion school, learn to sew, cut patterns, learn about fabrics and color and not have to hire a designer to do all their work.

I looked at the GnA website and that is all I am going to say about it.

Did anyone think Sesame Street did a little work to her face for her appearance on this season? She looked less Muppet like maybe?

All I wanted to do was pull up the one side of G's dress to cover her bra that was showing out of the top of her neckline.

Wendy's show guests were new names to me, good for Wendy to get that many women to appear on her pilot.  Her producer would not discuss the budget because she hates to talk money, isn't that a lot of what a producer does, handle the money?

The fight at the end of the episode will be shown, right?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kadooz to GnA for pulling off a show. I wasn't sure where I was going to get a polyester cape and coordinating coochie cutter body suit that goes from workout to cocktails with such sophistication.

Wendy still butt hurt about the lack of rallying over mama's colonoscopy (pun intended).

Oh, candyass, if you have a baby you can't be the baby (great line from overboard)

Rob is getting in early with Glo30 (only about 5 open locations) but her and the company are way late to the membership spa game. Big investment + risky return does not equal financial security.

Jackie got her dig in on Mia right quick. She knows she's chubbed up. That's why she wore that yellow tent.

Potomac has used this we got audio but no film shtick a few times. Audience speculation about a cliffhanger is a TV staple...who shot JR?

Edited by J80134
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

More thoughts on the episode:

There was no need for "Monarch Magazine" (never heard of them) to exclude Nneka. It's obvious this was a cast shoot, she was the newest person on the cast.  The article could have been introducing Nneka to the DMV society.

Wendy's mom* is as important to her as Gizelle's father & children are to Gizelle. Anyone mocking Wendy for being concerned about her mom's small procedure is basically saying what Gizelle's dad had going on should've been more important to Wendy than what was going on with her mother. Gizelle would not have received any well wishes from Wendy or Candiace anyway so they were correct not to go to Gizelle and express them.  

Gizelle is about to find out what she dished out on Karen a few seasons ago.  She will get the grace she denied Karen.

If what Mia was saying was true (and Gordon did not deny it), Gordon was/is financially abusing Mia.  Mia, unlike Ashley, is trying to get herself out of that situation. Maybe not in the right way (rapper/radio DJ) but she's not sticking around for a broke, abusive situation.

I still haven't seen exactly where Robyn's skin care clinic will be but I feel like it's going to be near the new Bath & Body Works on the Target side of the shopping center.  Siince Juan isn't doing anything, Robyn needs to stick a paintbrush in his hand and put him to work.

*Wendy's mom was with her at WWHL last night, she appears to be laying off the skin bleaching.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I looked at Monarch Magazine on line, there is an article about Robyn and Gizelle but I did not see anything about the others.

Robyn and her new biz venture will be a lot of work and we have seen Robyn flit from project to project so we will see what happens. I thought it was funny that Robyn gives her ideas for the layout of the new spa as if it has not been decided by HQ.  

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I still haven't seen exactly where Robyn's skin care clinic will be but I feel like it's going to be near the new Bath & Body Works on the Target side of the shopping center.

Robyn has a great location, so many stores and restaurants in that shopping center it shouldn't be hard to be seen and get walk ins.

Siince Juan isn't doing anything, Robyn needs to stick a paintbrush in his hand and put him to work.

You know Juan isn't going to do anything to help this venture, he will be happy that Robyn is out of the house and busy and he will be free to do as he pleases, maybe even do a little, "laundry."

Did we hear Mia say she got some good d**k and that was why she was happy? Didn't she also tell us that G's d**k is not working...hmmm.

I plan on getting a facial from Glo 30, maybe let's do a MD/DC/VA meet up spa day? 

2 hours ago, J80134 said:

Kadooz to GnA for pulling off a show. I wasn't sure where I was going to get a polyester cape and coordinating coochie cutter body suit that goes from workout to cocktails with such sophistication.

That made me laugh a lot.

• Like 7

For some reason I thought this was the season finale. I know the fight wasn't filmed by production but I hope they do show what happened. It seemed like it was all instigated by Deborah.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The fashion show, (I'll use the word "Fashion," loosely here), was ok production wise but fashion wise, it's a nope from me. Wendy was 100% right that when she wore that body suit with the open sides the other HW's lost their minds and were vocal about how bad it looked...then cut to now and it is in the collection. 

Let's face it, there is nothing new that can be done to leggings, (the invention of the the cell phone pockets were the best thing ever) and none of their clothing designs looked well made or wearable.  What would be interesting is to see a HW actually go to fashion school, learn to sew, cut patterns, learn about fabrics and color and not have to hire a designer to do all their work.

I looked at the GnA website and that is all I am going to say about it.

Did anyone think Sesame Street did a little work to her face for her appearance on this season? She looked less Muppet like maybe?

All I wanted to do was pull up the one side of G's dress to cover her bra that was showing out of the top of her neckline.

Wendy's show guests were new names to me, good for Wendy to get that many women to appear on her pilot.  Her producer would not discuss the budget because she hates to talk money, isn't that a lot of what a producer does, handle the money?

The fight at the end of the episode will be shown, right?

I'm crying real tears! 😂

2 hours ago, J80134 said:

Wendy still butt hurt about the lack of rallying over mama's colonoscopy (pun intended).

Oh, candyass, if you have a baby you can't be the baby (great line from overboard)

Rob is getting in early with Glo30 (only about 5 open locations) but her and the company are way late to the membership spa game. Big investment + risky return does not equal financial security.

Jackie got her dig in on Mia right quick. She knows she's chubbed up. That's why she wore that yellow tent.

Potomac has used this we got audio but no film shtick a few times. Audience speculation about a cliffhanger is a TV staple...who shot JR?

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

I mean...was it coordinating? *sigh* you coulda been a contenda, Rock!  You got a good chance of selling me something pink and you might be able to sell me something shiny, but you need to show it to me on a lady who's a real-life dress size, who has tiddy meat, food baby and it fits her properly.   Why the hell was that holey leotard so big on her?  If I leave a show thinking girl when/where am I ever wearing that, you bombed.   Still, it's more than we've seen from Sheree in 10 years.

More thoughts on the episode:

There was no need for "Monarch Magazine" (never heard of them) to exclude Nneka. It's obvious this was a cast shoot, she was the newest person on the cast.  The article could have been introducing Nneka to the DMV society.

Wendy's mom* is as important to her as Gizelle's father & children are to Gizelle. Anyone mocking Wendy for being concerned about her mom's small procedure is basically saying what Gizelle's dad had going on should've been more important to Wendy than what was going on with her mother. Gizelle would not have received any well wishes from Wendy or Candiace anyway so they were correct not to go to Gizelle and express them.  

Gizelle is about to find out what she dished out on Karen a few seasons ago.  She will get the grace she denied Karen.

If what Mia was saying was true (and Gordon did not deny it), Gordon was/is financially abusing Mia.  Mia, unlike Ashley, is trying to get herself out of that situation. Maybe not in the right way (rapper/radio DJ) but she's not sticking around for a broke, abusive situation.

I still haven't seen exactly where Robyn's skin care clinic will be but I feel like it's going to be near the new Bath & Body Works on the Target side of the shopping center.  Siince Juan isn't doing anything, Robyn needs to stick a paintbrush in his hand and put him to work.

*Wendy's mom was with her at WWHL last night, she appears to be laying off the skin bleaching.

There was literally not one reason Nneka couldn'tve been included in that fun little dress up game.  Since nobody looked like their icon anyway, she could've met up with them 3 hours later and come as Lauryn Hill.

Agree with the first part.   As to the second, I dunno if I think they were right not to express well wishes - and lemme say I don't remember how the green eyed monsters responded to Mama Osefo - but I wouldn'tve said/didn't like that Wendy said out loud that (paraphrasing) she didn't give a shit because that's how they treated her.  Because she's so close to her mom, I think she actually does give a shit and missed a moment to be genuine and mature on some:  I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I'll be keeping your family covered in prayer.   It's tough for someone to continue shittiness after that.  I understood it, I just think it was as unkind as she accuses them of being when she could've said nothing.  Andplusalso, even frenemies know when to set aside claws for a real life crisis.   Ok last thing - there's a teeny tiny part of me that thinks on the gravity scale, a colonoscopy and brain cancer don't compare, but overall, worrying about your parents is worrying about your parents. 

12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I looked at Monarch Magazine on line, there is an article about Robyn and Gizelle but I did not see anything about the others.

Robyn and her new biz venture will be a lot of work and we have seen Robyn flit from project to project so we will see what happens. I thought it was funny that Robyn gives her ideas for the layout of the new spa as if it has not been decided by HQ.  

Robyn has a great location, so many stores and restaurants in that shopping center it shouldn't be hard to be seen and get walk ins.

You know Juan isn't going to do anything to help this venture, he will be happy that Robyn is out of the house and busy and he will be free to do as he pleases, maybe even do a little, "laundry."

Did we hear Mia say she got some good d**k and that was why she was happy? Didn't she also tell us that G's d**k is not working...hmmm.

I plan on getting a facial from Glo 30, maybe let's do a MD/DC/VA meet up spa day? 

That made me laugh a lot.

Oh we doing field trips?  I got the time and these Spirit points, say less I'll catch a shuttle. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I just need to mention that, as a viewer, I never need to tag along with Nneka and her husband to another jerk off doctor’s appointment again  Ever.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
50 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I just need to mention that, as a viewer, I never need to tag along with Nneka and her husband to another jerk off doctor’s appointment again  Ever.

Did we see her get pregnant? What was her husband doing at that angle anyway?

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, J80134 said:

Wendy is one delusional mean mugging witch. Brain cancer is not the same as her mama’s colonoscopy. If her mama had really had something wrong with her, the others would have shown concern.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

She really doesn't like her husband. The way she looked him up and down and commented on his scrubs was lethal. 

I don't know exactly how he was assisting for the insemination, but it seems he was holding the ultrasound wand. When the doctor declared the sperm were all in there, Nneke tells him "that means we are done, you have to stop". So as he is intently looking at the monitor, he says no, no baby don't move. Then she says "can you get out? Your job is done."  She sounded so harsh and disdainful.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, MaggieG said:

For some reason I thought this was the season finale. I know the fight wasn't filmed by production but I hope they do show what happened. It seemed like it was all instigated by Deborah.

Cell phone video is available on youtube. Amazing this happened 8 months ago. I vaguely remember reading about it then, but completely forgot about it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I'd forgotten  just how tiny Candiace is. When she walked into the fashion  show, I didn't  know who it was. I just can't  see her with a baby, I thought  her career was her baby.

Wendy's  talk show looked boring, I think talk shows are @ssholes,  everyone  has one.

I didn't  see much of the fashion show, I used the FF. I'm not sure what Robyn is thinking,  that's a huge investment she's  looking  at.  I guess the end was a cliffhanger,exciting  stuff.( eye roll)

Nneka was upset there was no porn for her husband,  or was she upset about it, but no lotion! Things I don't care to hear about. 

• Like 1

No offense to her but I don't want Robyn or anyone else touching my face lol. 

The cell phone visual of the fight shows Candiace ignoring Sesame Street and going back to dancing, Sesame Street throwing a glass at her, Candiace picking up the nearest champagne bottle, Charrisse snatching the bottle out of Candiace's hands, Keiarna going to work on Deborah (because the glass/contents of the glass hit Keiarna too), Wendy & Nneka looking shocked, Ashley looking shocked, Jacqueline pushing them down and they ended up taking the girl who looks like Gizelle down with them.

I doubt Candiace was "scared" to mouth off at Sesame like Ashley and Robyn have been claiming because when Sesame confronted Candiace, Candiace called her The Help to her face.

Ashley was using Sesame to get at Candiace while keeping her hands clean (I also think Ashley got Michael to file that lawsuit on Candiace as a way to get Candiace off the show). It makes no sense that Chris "came on to" Sesame but Sesame has wanted to fight Candiace from the start.

GEBNA was going to use that fight + Candiace losing the lawsuit to show why Candiace was a liability to the show and why she needed to be fired. Unfortunately for them, the lawsuit was tossed and Sesame was shown to be starting the fight.

No matter who does or doesn't come back from the main cast next season, the person who definitely never should be back is Sesame Street.

I think if Candiace has children, it will be in her 40s and it probably won't be by Chris. And if she never has children, it's ok and she needs to know that.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Cell phone video is available on youtube. Amazing this happened 8 months ago. I vaguely remember reading about it then, but completely forgot about it.

Yep, I've seen the video. It's all over twitter too. I was just wondering if they would show it on the show since it wasn't filmed by production. 

Good breakdown @drivethroo Ashley definitely invited Deborah to start something

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Yep, I've seen the video. It's all over twitter too. I was just wondering if they would show it on the show since it wasn't filmed by production. 

Good breakdown @drivethroo Ashley definitely invited Deborah to start something

Bravo showed personal (meaning not filmed by production) videos many times before. 

Of course Ashley invited Deborah to create a volatile situation. I guess she and production thought that the season was boring. I'm so tired of this happening again, and again. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Bravo showed personal (meaning not filmed by production) videos many times before. 

Of course Ashley invited Deborah to create a volatile situation. I guess she and production thought that the season was boring. I'm so tired of this happening again, and again. 

Yes it’s dumb that Deborah is now upset about being called Sesame Street. Didn’t she post a video of her and Cookie Monster or something making a joke out of it right after? 

• Like 6

Ashley is a raggedy bitch and she needs to be fired. How long ago did C make that Sesame Street comment? John C Reilly momma and Deborah Allen Greer needed a reason to confront Candiace. That is why she double checked to make sure production had stopped and the cameras were off.  That was Animal's signal to start the fight. TMZ got it all to the very end. I don't condone violence but Kiernna knocked 5 Mario Coins out her head 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Boofish said:

Ashley is a raggedy bitch and she needs to be fired. How long ago did C make that Sesame Street comment? John C Reilly momma and Deborah Allen Greer needed a reason to confront Candiace. That is why she double checked to make sure production had stopped and the cameras were off.  That was Animal's signal to start the fight. TMZ got it all to the very end. I don't condone violence but Kiernna knocked 5 Mario Coins out her head 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It is time for Ashley to go. There’s no storyline left. Gizelle too. I can see next season being about the twins leaving. Her girls are nice but who cares? 
I’d keep Karen, Robyn, Candiace, Mia and Wendy. Not sure about Nneka. I don’t think Potomac will remember her.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, thank you @drivethroo, I could not tell who was doing what in that melee. 

Show of hands, who would have rather had Bravo film the fight than film Nneka's insemination?  

They are so desperate to give Nneka something other than fighting with Wendy over a shrine that may or may not exist and the best they could do was show her moving and going to the doctor. I don't even know what Nneka does for a living.

3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

It is time for Ashley to go. There’s no storyline left. Gizelle too. I can see next season being about the twins leaving. Her girls are nice but who cares? 
I’d keep Karen, Robyn, Candiace, Mia and Wendy. Not sure about Nneka. I don’t think Potomac will remember her.

Dare I say they could also throw Charisse in there *runs from the comments* lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I don't even know what Nneka does for a living.

Well, she is a, um, yes, she is a...um, you know one of those people who, um...well I guess when you admit to drinking champagne in the morning most employers would have an issue with a tipsy employee so most likely does not have a job.

I do remember her bragging about how rich her father was and he made sure she was rich too although no details were given...I doubt she is independently wealthy.

My guess is at some point she will be shilling some leggings and making candles...five wick candles.

• LOL 8

I think the biggest problem with casting is the shift of power towards Gizelle & Robyn instead of being an equal balance. It contributes to a dynamic where everyone feels they have to kiss GEB’s ass or they’ll be put off the show. It’s why bringing Charrisse back didn’t work because she feels she has to kiss GEB ass to stay on the show (but in earlier seasons, she could go up against Gizelle and the power dynamic of the cast was more balanced —-not to any one person or clique).

I think a lot of people may feel if you fired Candiace and Wendy, the show’s dynamics would get better but IMO they would get worse because the message that would be sent is you have to kiss GEB ass or you will get fired.  Therefore no one is going to challenge GEB or shine themselves because they want to keep a job. This means if GEB is bringing nothing, nobody else can bring anything to the show either or they’ll get fired.

So, the GEB friendly cast needs to be culled and a new face needs to be brought on. Ashley & Mia are essentially the same character but Mia’s husband isn’t threatening to sue her if she puts his name in her mouth so cut Ashley.

Nneka never should’ve been cast as a Housewife and she should have been introduced via Karen as a new neighbor. She adds no value to the cast beyond going after Wendy. I actually like Nneka beyond the Wendy crap, but she shouldn’t have been anything more than a friend. Demote Nneka to the friend role she should’ve have always been in.

Cast a new, OLDER housewife that will not have the Big Sister Almighty complex with Gizelle and let’s see what happens.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

GEB having that much power and keeping their jobs despite being uninteresting and hiding their secrets is the colorism problem Candiace is talking about. Talk about skating through life on your looks. I'm not mad at them for being beautiful but I'm upset with everyone else behaving like a bull in a china shop whenever they are in the vicinity. That's why they didn't like Monique and once they pretended they did it was only to cause conflict. If C or W don't come back then I'm done. I will be down to two cities - Beverly Hills. And I only watch that for the label porn. I don't give AF about any of their lives. The rebooted NY although I think me and the women on the show are the only ones who enjoyed it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, Boofish said:

They are so desperate to give Nneka something other than fighting with Wendy over a shrine that may or may not exist and the best they could do was show her moving and going to the doctor. I don't even know what Nneka does for a living.

Dare I say they could also throw Charisse in there *runs from the comments* lol

I wouldn’t mind Charisse. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't mind Charrisse either. She said in an interview that the producers of this franchise specifically don't want older HWs like her on the show, they want younger ones, although this is not an issue in other cities.

I'm neutral about Nneka, but I don't think she is interesting. The scene with her husband at the gynecologist's office was cringe worthy. BTW, she is an attorney. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I don't mind Charrisse either. She said in an interview that the producers of this franchise specifically don't want older HWs like her, they want younger ones, although this is not an issue in other cities.

That’s a problem because it’s going to be the older women in DMV area like a Charrisse or even Karen who would have the money, unless they were a baller’s wife like Monique.

It’s sad that the only nice event this season outside of trips was thrown by Candiace. Everything else was hot dogs, beans and struggle.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 6:41 PM, ZettaK said:

don't mind Charrisse either. She said in an interview that the producers of this franchise specifically don't want older HWs like her on the show, they want younger ones, although this is not an issue in other cities.

I'm neutral about Nneka, but I don't think she is interesting. The scene with her husband at the gynecologist's office was cringe worthy.

This is too bad. As an older woman myself, I watch these shows because there are few others that feature women of my generation. If it becomes all younger people, I will probably stop watching. I get my fill of that on VR, SC and some other shows. 

I fast-forwarded through the scene at the doctor's office. Ugh. Why do they subject us to this? I don't want to see doctor's office scenes, waxing scenes or anything else like that. 

I'd like to see a new cast member who could stand up to Gizelle. I don't get much out of Robyn. She is ok but I don't think she adds much to the show except being Gizelle's buddy. And I think she is one of the least authentic people in terms of what is really going on in her life, especially her relationship with Juan. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

This is too bad. As an older woman myself, I watch these shows because there are few others that feature women of my generation. If it becomes all younger people, I will probably stop watching. I get my fill of that on VR, SC and some other shows. 

I fast-forwarded through the scene at the doctor's office. Ugh. Why do they subject us to this? I don't want to see doctor's office scenes, waxing scenes or anything else like that. 

I'd like to see a new cast member who could stand up to Gizelle. I don't get much out of Robyn. She is ok but I don't think she adds much to the show except being Gizelle's buddy. And I think she is one of the least authentic people in terms of what is really going on in her life, especially her relationship with Juan. 

I also want to see more mature housewives. I can’t see them going all young. 

On 3/20/2024 at 4:03 PM, Boofish said:

GEB having that much power and keeping their jobs despite being uninteresting and hiding their secrets is the colorism problem Candiace is talking about. Talk about skating through life on your looks. I'm not mad at them for being beautiful but I'm upset with everyone else behaving like a bull in a china shop whenever they are in the vicinity. That's why they didn't like Monique and once they pretended they did it was only to cause conflict. If C or W don't come back then I'm done. I will be down to two cities - Beverly Hills. And I only watch that for the label porn. I don't give AF about any of their lives. The rebooted NY although I think me and the women on the show are the only ones who enjoyed it.

I don’t see Candiace or Wendy leaving. As much as I rag on Candiace I have to admit, she’s great tv. Lots of good digs and she shows up. Wendy is full of herself but I find her watchable and who doesn’t like Happy Eddie? 
I don’t get why Gizelle is so powerful ? She’s been boring for the past few years. Robyn too but I do like her and think she’s nicer than Gizelle.

• Like 5
On 3/20/2024 at 2:58 PM, drivethroo said:

I think the biggest problem with casting is the shift of power towards Gizelle & Robyn instead of being an equal balance. It contributes to a dynamic where everyone feels they have to kiss GEB’s ass or they’ll be put off the show. It’s why bringing Charrisse back didn’t work because she feels she has to kiss GEB ass to stay on the show (but in earlier seasons, she could go up against Gizelle and the power dynamic of the cast was more balanced —-not to any one person or clique).

I think a lot of people may feel if you fired Candiace and Wendy, the show’s dynamics would get better but IMO they would get worse because the message that would be sent is you have to kiss GEB ass or you will get fired.  Therefore no one is going to challenge GEB or shine themselves because they want to keep a job. This means if GEB is bringing nothing, nobody else can bring anything to the show either or they’ll get fired.

So, the GEB friendly cast needs to be culled and a new face needs to be brought on. Ashley & Mia are essentially the same character but Mia’s husband isn’t threatening to sue her if she puts his name in her mouth so cut Ashley.

Nneka never should’ve been cast as a Housewife and she should have been introduced via Karen as a new neighbor. She adds no value to the cast beyond going after Wendy. I actually like Nneka beyond the Wendy crap, but she shouldn’t have been anything more than a friend. Demote Nneka to the friend role she should’ve have always been in.

Cast a new, OLDER housewife that will not have the Big Sister Almighty complex with Gizelle and let’s see what happens.

From your lips to God's ears.

Or in Andy's case, maybe not quite God...

• Like 1