Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I’m thinking they know there will not be an offer without allowances for repairs that are needed. Of course that could backfire big time, especially if the buyer wants the repairs made by Robyn and Kody prior to closing as opposed to a low offer.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

But…..but it’s KODY BROWN’S HOUSE you’re buying!  The one and only, absolutely amazing, handsome and intelligent renowned tv celebrity! 

I’m quite positive Kody has taken that into consideration when setting the asking price.  

That's the first thought I had.  He's a self-important Z-list weenie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
51 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Remember how over priced the Vegas houses were? I think that's Kody's wavelength.

And we know how that worked out. Janelle and Christine had houses sitting there for quite some time. Christine’s sold last. It took changing realtors and lowering the prices.

• Like 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Things like poor upkeep is a warning sign for a lot of buyers. If you can see a couple of things they start to wonder what you can't see. I hope whoever makes an offer plans on having a thorough inspection done.

Maybe its me, but if I was buying a million dollar home I'd wouldn't want to be ordering household water, although I suppose its handy during major storms.

I've forgotten, how close is this home to their property? If they can't drill a well here, I wonder if it will also be not possible on the property? It will be a miracle iif they ever make any money off that albatross. Another of Kody's great money making schemes.....

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And we know how that worked out. Janelle and Christine had houses sitting there for quite some time. Christine’s sold last. It took changing realtors and lowering the prices.

I’d prefer any of those houses over this ugly house riddled with issues any time!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I’d prefer any of those houses over this ugly house riddled with issues any time!

Yeah, probably, but we really don't know what kind of condition those homes were in. The kids were smaller and more likely to be banging into things and their parental units weren't the best at home maintenance so I'd guess they weren't that great either. But they were newer and had running water w/out trucking it in, so that for me is a big plus right there!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 10
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Things like poor upkeep is a warning sign for a lot of buyers. If you can see a couple of things they start to wonder what you can't see. I hope whoever makes an offer plans on having a thorough inspection done.

Maybe its me, but if I was buying a million dollar home I'd wouldn't want to be ordering household water, although I suppose its handy during major storms.

It sort of depends on the home and the buyer. The homes in my mom's neighborhood were built in the 60's and many of them still have the original owners. So as they are aging and moving out, the hot new thing is to sell the home "as is." it saves the seller having to do anything or invest any money. The buyer gets a home in a desirable neighborhood for a lower than average price and since they have to rip everything out, they can design the interior however they like. It doesn't matter if the carpets or the hardwoods or whatever haven't been properly maintained because the new owner is just going to pull them out anyway.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

I guess if you can afford a million + house, the expense of hauling in water isn't a big deal.  But the inconvenience would drive me batty.

If I remember correctly I read that the water tank is filled twice a month with a cost of $600 a fill up.  Water is a fluctuating commodity just like electricity and gas, the price goes up and down. I can't imagine a water bill like that.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I can't imagine a water bill like that.

Or having to debate over every drop used.  I am not wasteful but debating every load of laundry or dishwasher run would get tedious.  But, again, if you can afford that house I guess it wouldn't matter.

10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The buyer gets a home in a desirable neighborhood for a lower than average price and since they have to rip everything out, they can design the interior however they like.

Except that this cannot possibly be a lower price, can it?  Knowing Kootie, he is shooting for the stars on that listing probably based on "star power" and his perception that someone would find that valuable.  It will be really interesting to see how long it's on the market and at what price it sells.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Late to the house selling party. Thanks to all who keep up with these Bozos and share. 

So any thoughts on where they are moving? Where's Day'un now? Are they following him again? Enquiring minds want to know. (Is it Inquiring)?

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Where's Day'un now?

According to someone who did a tour of the house, the RV is also for sale. They were told they couldn’t look inside because the realtor didn’t know if Dayton was in it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I thought filming that tour and posting it was so out of line so I’m not taking their word for anything, just repeating what they said.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Or having to debate over every drop used.  I am not wasteful but debating every load of laundry or dishwasher run would get tedious.  But, again, if you can afford that house I guess it wouldn't matter.

I grew up where our water was spring fed and then after the neighbor did some selective logging it would run dirty after heavy rains, then my Grandparents had a well drilled. Most of my life has been living with wells and septic so I naturally go with the ebb and flow of water conservation.

We are fortunate where our home is located, the hillside behind us produces a creek, two artesian springs and feeds our well and our closest neighbor who owns the hillside. When I see the springs (both flow through our property) dry during the summer I know to take it easy on water usage in the house. We have never run dry, but I have always been cautious.

When Kody was faffing about during the delivery of the water tank I laughed when he thought that would be big enough to potentially feed four households filled with people accustomed to piped in city water.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Except that this cannot possibly be a lower price, can it?  Knowing Kootie, he is shooting for the stars on that listing probably based on "star power" and his perception that someone would find that valuable.  It will be really interesting to see how long it's on the market and at what price it sells.

I'm sure its also due to the story Kody likes to tell himself that he's a smart businessman and that the house was a good investment, not an ego purchase for him and his most favored lady. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, MamaMax said:

I'm sure its also due to the story Kody likes to tell himself that he's a smart businessman and that the house was a good investment, not an ego purchase for him and his most favored lady. 

Without the helocs/extra mortgages and proper maintenance, it would have been an amazing investment. Yet, even with those taken into consideration, they’d probably still make a pretty decent return. The big question is: what’s left of that after everything else?

He’s gone through 3 “divorces” and they never come cheap as assets need to be divided and you lose out on your partners’ income. And I’m not even taking into consideration the possibility that he still owes money to Janelle and Meri for CP.

He’s had 3 kids in college recently (assuming he didn’t pay for the other kids) and that’s a small fortune in itself. Someone, or possibly both of them, seems to have a huge shopping addiction which needs to be funded. On top, we had Covid 19 a few years back which was a financial disaster for many businesses. Filming mostly came to a halt and I’m sure their other businesses suffered, just like anyone else’s.Lots of people took huge loans or burned through their financial reserve to survive that. Many still haven’t recovered. 

Based on simple reasoning/common sense, it can’t possibly look good, unless he really is making a fortune somehow. But if that truly was the case, surely they would have paid for that dangerous deck in order to keep precious Ari safe?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I’ve been hearing Kody and Robyn are going bankrupt for years now, but they always seem to stumble along just fine.  Obviously, it was easier having the other women’s money, but if they aren’t concern with saving money for say retirement couldn’t they have enough money to live decently on? They probably have gotten raises since the initial paycut and are the actually paying for the any of their kids schooling? I know Robyn made sure they had food in their bellies, but is tuition more important than her purple comforters, wall art, or Kody’s hair products?  

I don’t necessarily think they’re maxing out IRAs but between the show money, Kody’s endless streams of cameos, whatever outside businesses he’s still flailing around in, wouldn’t they have enough money to actually live on? I wouldn’t be surprised if Kody and Robyn just spend every dime, but make enough to live high on the tragic art hog.  Wouldn’t the dirt patch and the lite-brite-on-LSD artwork be considered hundreds of thousands of dollars of assets?  At this point I think they may even have narrowed their spending to Arabella and Sol.  Soul’s legos double as curlers for Kody and Arabella’s American Girl dolls are nannies for the cherished teddies.  Plus they probably get tax deductions for all the spirit babies.  

It’s like I don’t necessarily think they have tons of cash savings, but if they are down to 2 kids, wouldn’t they make enough every month for all these shopping sprees and a big house? The older girls (forget their names) probably get some money out of the SADKRAB fund, but if they are living at home then their bills are probably not that much.  dayun probably has gotten a job by now so Kody has probably forwarded him his bills.  Hey if the RV has a counter, Robyn might even swing by and flop down some of their bills because everybody knows magical counters pay your bills.  

I think maybe we expect Robyn and Kody to go bankrupt because they’re  horrible and overspend but they seemingly don’t care about medical bills or retirement savings so if they are just living month to month I could see them being able to buy a bigger house.  I think it will only become a problem when the show ends, Kody physically can’t work anymore, or the ex “wives” actually tried to sue for some money which they probably won’t  do.  

Also, I see Kody is sporting a new $2500??? Medallion in the promo pics, what happened to the Titanic necklace? Did he throw it in the ocean desert?

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

think maybe we expect Robyn and Kody to go bankrupt because they’re  horrible and overspend but they seemingly don’t care about medical bills or retirement savings

Fair point, plus the fact that no one has a real insight into their financial savings.

We do know however that Kody has gone bankrupt in the past as well as some of the wives. We also know that Robyn was in serious debt when she met Kody. They’ve racked up some monsterous medical bills due to a lack of insurance for the kids (Mykelti, Truely and Dayton). And if they had enough money, why taking out extra koans on the house or squander Janelle’s retirement fund? Based on their previous actions, it’s just hard to imagine them in a different situation I guess.

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, LilyD said:

We do know however that Kody has gone bankrupt in the past as well as some of the wives.

Kody and Meri filed jointly, and Janelle and Christine also filed, all in different years.

• Like 9
(edited)

I expect they are having some financial pain.  I can see them needing to dump the house they should never have bought. I think with a bit of rational thought (yeah, I know) they could easily avoid bankruptcy. They have lost access to the other wives' income so there's cutback1 and cutback2 is that surely they are no longer paid in one check and Kody and  Robyn now must deal with only 2/5 of the show.  Before the show money was divided into six pots after they were paid so Kody and Robyn could and likely did walk away with half.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 6

Dropping this here. I stopped watching the show around the time they were talking about moving to Flagstaff. But have followed along on here ever since.

This past weekend, they aired the original season again. I decided to watch it. I couldn't get past the first two episodes. Watching Sobyn and Kody drool over each other, looking like they wanted to hump like wild bunnies every moment they were together.... I just couldn't. 

It was so obvious from the beginning what the demise would be. You didn't have to wait three seasons. The poor OGs sitting there talking about bringing Sobyn into their family.... and yet they were picking up on things even from the get-go. Like Christine, pregnant, sitting next to Kody and crying about how she hadn't even met Sobyn at that point, while in another segment Sobyn is talking about how in love she is.

Also what was sooo apparent from the very beginning is how fixated Sobyn was on getting help with her kids. She kept talking about that.

I knew it was bad in the beginning, but to see those first couple of episodes all these years later, it was honestly painful to watch. The three OG wives were sitting ducks. 

• Like 11
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I knew it was bad in the beginning, but to see those first couple of episodes all these years later, it was honestly painful to watch. The three OG wives were sitting ducks. 

I felt the same way. I only checked out Sister Wives because I was having withdrawal symptoms with Big Love ending and (skeptically) wanted to see if it could work in the real world. I remembered the fleeting glances of the OG3 at Rob'em during the talking heads and my gut feelings were correct - it would never work. I'd forgotten that the OG3 were so honest, blunt and clear at the beginning about what they didn't like, while Kody sat on the same couch with a blank face and dead eyes as if he had no clue what interactions they were talking about nor did he feel compassion for how hurt they felt and all the sacrifices they had made to love tolerate him. After the first couple of seasons, the OG3 just stuffed down their feelings. The lack of honest conversations made the misery last 2-3 times longer than it should have. After Season 2, I mainly watched to see the kids grow up despite Kody & Robyn. It took that long to tell them apart & learn all their names.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2024 at 8:40 PM, Elizzikra said:

It sort of depends on the home and the buyer. The homes in my mom's neighborhood were built in the 60's and many of them still have the original owners. So as they are aging and moving out, the hot new thing is to sell the home "as is." it saves the seller having to do anything or invest any money. The buyer gets a home in a desirable neighborhood for a lower than average price and since they have to rip everything out, they can design the interior however they like. It doesn't matter if the carpets or the hardwoods or whatever haven't been properly maintained because the new owner is just going to pull them out anyway.

Really late to this house party, but I can attest to this. The new trend is to buy a house with good bones that needs renovation over one that has been updated in a way that may put off more buyers that it will attract. I was surprised when I put my father's apartment on the market that the realtor told me it was more worth my while just to list it "as is" because more people these days would rather be able to pick their own colors and materials than to buy something already done with finishes they don't really love. And sssshhhh, don't say anything but I think I got a better price doing it that way too. If the property is very desirable and buyers are under pressure to make an offer or risk losing it, you can actually get better money that way. If I had renovated it I probably wouldn't have done as well.

• Useful 7

I agree that "as is" houses sell well.  My parents had lived in their 1960 house for close to 70 years and if was full of stuff.  Family members took what they wanted, and we sold the house as is, including all the stuff.  Didn't even have to list it.  It sold by word of mouth and the buyers took care of disposing of all the contents.  Under the carpets were 1960 hardwood floors that were never exposed.  My mom liked carpet throughout the house, including the bathrooms (shudder).  I have no carpet at all in my house and am very happy.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

They’ve racked up some monsterous medical bills due to a lack of insurance for the kids (Mykelti, Truely and Dayton). And if they had enough money, why taking out extra koans on the house or squander Janelle’s retirement fund?

I agree it’s a guessing game to their actual finances. I do think before the show they were probably pretty poor although I think they probably spent more of their money on legitimate things like food, rent, etc. although I imagine Kody and Meri probably had more luxury items than Janelle or Christine.  I’m not sure how long before the show Robyn got there but I’m sure she loaded up on precious moments figurines as soon as possible.

I do think now they probably have enough to live off but I do think they absolutely cannot leave a source of cash money sitting there untapped , which is why I think they took the loans and monies from the other wives.  Like if they found 3000 dollars I don’t think they’d ever say let me put  this in savings or pay off a medical bill, instead it be what gaudy medallion or creepy wall art can I buy?

Honestly the only reason I feel like they haven’t sold the dirt patch yet is because they’d have to give Meri and Janelle some of the money and I’m sure the galls them.  I think they only pay bills that would cause them discomfort if they didn’t like guess I’ll pay this mortgage so I’m not homeless or guess I’ll pay this car payment so I don’t have to walk but I dont think they’d ever say let me buy a Honda Accord instead of this sports car. I think the other thing that irritates me is that they seemingly have to spend every available penny on the tackiest stuff possible.  Like could they buy one attractive high quality item?  Just one!  Pretty please, just once! 😊

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I expect Kody and Robin to go bankrupt because of their spending.  They are not thinking about a rainy day.  They’ve had plenty of rainy days and haven’t  learned from them.   Dayton’s eye wasn’t totally covered by insurance, most of the kids didn’t have insurance on their cars, they bought ground that’s too expensive to develop and they spend like no one’s watching.  Both were poor at least once in their lives, yet learned nothing from it except ‘ must spend money on crap’. 

The show isn’t going to go on forever.  They aren’t the stars of it anymore. The OG wives can negotiate their own contracts, leaving Kody and Robin without a great position to negotiate salary from.    The adult offspring interested in filling  can negotiate their own contracts too.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The show isn’t going to go on forever.

I believe Kootie, Narcissist Supreme, actually believes the world is so fascinated by him that the show will go on and on and he will be raking in money until he dies.

I see a hard fall coming soon.  Despite the guesstimate on the worth of the art, it isn't worth a farthing until you have a buyer. A lot of times it isn't worth much until the artist croaks.  And I can't imagine a wide market for pieces so huge that they won't fit in a normal home.  A couple of those would cover my entire wall.

What is a mystery to me is how banks keep loaning him money. Are they stupid enough to believe this farce of a show is a steady source of income?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

What I can't understand is how Kody (father to 18 kids even though he only cares about 5 of them) and Robyn can sleep at night knowing that they have kids to support and possibly put through college, a huge mortgage, a piece of unpaid dusty land full of nothing but prairie dogs and tumbleweeds and yet, they seem to be writing unlimited checks for multiple pieces of artwork, sculptures and "collectibles." How, exactly, does that work?  TLC cannot possibly be paying them enough to live like they're living, right?  Before I saw the inside of that house I knew it was full of stuff, but I don't think I realized that one sculpture alone was priced at several thousand dollars - and they owned dozens and dozens of similarly priced items.  Is this their way of keeping their cash from going to the OG 3 somehow?  It's baffling to me that Kody and Robyn basically live in a Vegas- themed art museum while Janelle squatted in an RV and then moved into what was basically a dorm room.

• Like 5
  • Angry 7
On 9/8/2024 at 8:40 PM, Elizzikra said:

For sure. But if the house needs a new roof, updated wiring or plumbing, or has years of wood rot due to an unfixed leak, that's a bit of a new story. Fixing those things leaves little money to redo the cosmetic stuff.

• Like 6