Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner left behind a print that cost $75 and Robyn thought she was scoring something worth 100X that.

Good point.  Hard to tell what's going on with every square inch plastered with "art".  And enormous art at that.  It would drive me nuts plus it takes the focus off of each piece and blends it into a kind of hideous wallpaper.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Are we sure that they aren't these types of Kush--just inexpensive art prints?

https://iartprints.com/buy/vladimir_kush_behind_the_trees_art_print-70366.html?ds=10x8&gclid=Cj0KCQjwx5qoBhDyARIsAPbMagArgT-F6eIocVWKf4qUDCKq-rVJmMjaWtOR9DXQ851q3_i8DfwfRLUaAk0IEALw_wcB

Instead of these?

https://kushfineart.com/artworks/categories/8/9398-behind-the-trees-39-x-49-inches/

She buys Dickens Village and Precious Moments so it would be a big jump up to $7K on a giclee. 

Plus, the one that we saw seemed smaller than 39"X49".

It wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner left behind a print that cost $75 and Robyn thought she was scoring something worth 100X that.

The one of the deer looks like it could be 39x49 to me, it looks close to the same length as the desk below.

as far as if it’s a giclee or not, I have no idea

someone on Reddit was investigating it and I guess Kush has a gallery in Vegas…. I didn’t delve that deeply into it because I was having more fun just imagining Robyn or Kody buying surreal art 😋

IMG_6519.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
33 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

The one of the deer looks like it could be 39x49 to me, it looks close to the same length as the desk below.

someone on Reddit was investigating it and I guess Kush has a gallery in Vegas…. I didn’t delve that deeply into it because I was having more fun just imagining Robyn or Kody buying surreal art 😋

IMG_6519.jpeg

Agreed.  I don't believe that they fit the mold, either, but folks can surprise ya with their previously heretofore unplumbed depths. Although I would not wish to plumb either one of those people's depths!  🥴 

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed.  I don't believe that they fit the mold, either, but folks can surprise ya with their previously heretofore unplumbed depths. Although I would not wish to plumb either one of those people's depths!  🥴 

I wouldn’t mind chasing Kody around with a dirty plunger and landing a few blows! 😂

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
32 minutes ago, BnJJ said:

My first thought is that they are prints from when it was an Airbnb.  I don't care enough to go back and watch the ep when they found that house.

The house had very little if any art on the walls when they bought it, most rooms had “sayings” like “Eat, Pray, Love” type decor or bare walls.

The wall where the Kush’s are displayed had nothing on it.

IMG_6519.jpeg

IMG_6529.jpeg

The master bedroom didn’t have the bordella headboard either, it had old doors/windows attached to the wall for the look of a rustic headboard and none of the paintings that currently plaster every wall in the master. 

IMG_6531.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 12

My sister has been a realtor for 30+ years and the first advice she gives clients is to remove any clutter, knickknacks or art that’s of a personal preference or nature.

Robyns “Precious Moments” wouldn’t cut it, nor the Kush surreal art plastered everywhere, she tells her clients to keep walls open so potential buyers can imagine THEIR art etc on the walls.

same for AirBnB… we’ve stayed in a lot over the years and I don’t recall any having art everywhere, especially not surreal art like Kush which some people would find very creepy.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2023 at 11:50 PM, Orcinus orca said:

If that art is truly expensive, I highly doubt it was there when it was an Airbnb.  Nobody who is a Airbnb host has expensive, portable items ripe for the taking.  I have stayed in many and not a single one had anything worth stealing.  

I refuse to believe all that art is real. if you ask me, it’s all (cheap) mass production copies. Lots of people have it.
 And I also do not believe they have the money to spend thousands upon thousands on art. And as you said: Airbnb’s don’t have expensive works of art.

On another thought: If it is real, it’s plain stupid to have it on the show for everyone to see. Burglars are grateful for this kind of stupidity!

Edited by LilyD
Added another thought
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The house had very little if any art on the walls when they bought it, most rooms had “sayings” like “Eat, Pray, Love” type decor or bare walls.

The wall where the Kush’s are displayed had nothing on it.

The master bedroom didn’t have the bordella headboard either, it had old doors/windows attached to the wall for the look of a rustic headboard and none of the paintings that currently plaster every wall in the master. 

Thanks for digging those out.  

• Like 9
22 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I refuse to believe all that art is real. if you ask me, it’s all (cheap) mass production copies. Lots of people have it.
 And I also do not believe they have the money to spend thousands upon thousands on art. And as you said: Airbnb’s don’t have expensive works of art.

On another thought: If it is real, it’s plain stupid to have it on the show for everyone to see. Burglars are grateful for this kind of stupidity!

I agree, I really doubt that they have the original expensive giclee on their walls.

I only included that information in my first post because the poster on Reddit who did some research listed the prices and that Kush has a gallery in Vegas.

My interest was more in tuned to their choice of surreal art and how they have pictures on nearly every inch of wall space in that house.

one of my faves is the portrait of Robyn and Kody out on a date in their sexy little sports car. (Yes I know that photo wasn’t taken at their current home but I’m sure she has it on display somewhere in the Mansion) 😂

IMG_6537.jpeg

IMG_6538.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 15
10 hours ago, BnJJ said:

The art on the walls of the Christmas rental was blurred out.  Wonder if it's due the artist not granting permission for their art to be associated with the show.  The owner of the home may have stipulated that the art could not be used on the show.  The easiest answer is that there were logos that could not be used on the show but, though blurry, it didn't look like logos to me.

Kody and Robyn own the house. 

• Like 3
On 9/16/2023 at 2:40 PM, Teafortwo said:

Speculation here: viewers seem to be tiring of the "Kody and Robyn" show, the scenes with Kody and his bros, and so forth. If the show doesn't step it up, I think we're looking at ratings cratering. I'm beginning to think this will be the last season, with TLC using any remaining footage for something like a "wedding special" featuring Christine and David, with Kody's butt-hurt reactions.

I just don't see how the show can continue, after this week's dreadful episode. We'll see Avalon's birth soon but it's gonna feature Robyn casting a pall over the blessed event. With most of the OG kids not participating (which is more than understandable, and certainly healthier for them in the long run) and the adults with not much left to say about polygamy and each other, there's not much content of any interest whatsoever.

I love Truely scenes but I hope she puts her foot down and refuses to pander to her parents' need for underage kid content. I wish Sol would be able to do so as well, but alas it seems he doesn't have much choice but to do what he's told.

Omg lol I completely forgot until today (when I was in the shower, of all things) that we already saw Avalon's birth last season. I forget when the twins were born - maybe Nov 2022?

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

My sister has been a realtor for 30+ years and the first advice she gives clients is to remove any clutter, knickknacks or art that’s of a personal preference or nature.

It’s funny to me that Janelle the realtor was showing her house with the horses still hanging. 🔥 

01F662B1-1824-4BD1-9B3C-0F2E81E57EDC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
19 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

IMG_6519.jpeg

I can easily picture Kody feeling like he "deserves nice things" because he is an "entrepreneur" and "teevee" star. I just don't see him buying these massive paintings as cheap printed posters and then having those very expensive frames. I can also see him being talked into what an investment it is to own these fancy prints and so he buys more. Someone on Reddit commented that Kody tweeted years ago about this artist.

I recently bought a lovely little original watercolor and wanted a nice frame and was blown away at the cost of a proper frame, even a small one. Those frames are very expensive. Unlike the poorly framed "sexy photo" from Robyn's bedroom...that frame screams Hobby Lobby.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
On 9/16/2023 at 8:26 AM, Joan of Argh said:

The part that gets me is the books stacked up on the right all have faces staring at the “lady” book just waiting for her pages to “spread” open, the book face second from bottom even has his tongue hanging out !  😂😂😂

All I got is their taste in art is outrageously bad.  I guess someone has to like it.  

When watching Truly etc at 2nd Xmas, it looked to me as if Robyn's crew doesn't know how to take the 'quirky kids' of Christine.  You know, the ones with a personality!  Solemon looks like her would rather live anywhere else.  I think he would do well in the quietness of Meri's house.  Aereola looks a little too grabby with her brother.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ah yes, the horses with ass-fire!  Giddyup!

A couple days ago Princess Diana’s “Black Sheep” sweater sold for over a million dollars…. I think Janelle should call Sotheby’s and offer up the “Ass Fire Horses” 

she needs money and maybe she’s sitting on a gold mine!  😂

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
On 9/16/2023 at 8:08 PM, Orcinus orca said:

I think Sobbyn is one of those saps that falls for "this is a collectors item and will be worth a fortune" stories.  Think Cabbage Patch Dolls and Beanie Babies.  You can't give that crap away. I expect she thinks her Precious Moments collection will bring in big bucks down the line along with the Dickens Village.

Bad news, as soon as something is labled a collectors item, it isn't.  People snatch them up and ultimately they are pretty much worthless.

Art might be an exception. Personally I think that stuff on her walls is awful.

I watched a Hoarders ep where one of the women had all of the Dicken's Villages and other Department 56 brand themed things (thousands!).  She thought they were going to be worth a ton.  The auction guy said no one collects that stuff anymore and was going to give her a very small amount of $.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I watched a Hoarders ep where one of the women had all of the Dicken's Villages and other Department 56 brand themed things (thousands!).  She thought they were going to be worth a ton.  The auction guy said no one collects that stuff anymore and was going to give her a very small amount of $.  

Exactly, I watched a show can’t remember which one but they were saying as the popularity of tiny homes and living in small spaces has gained momentum a lot of the collecting market has taken a huge hit.

People aren’t willing to provide valuable square footage to house a lot of knick knacks and junk!

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly, I watched a show can’t remember which one but they were saying as the popularity of tiny homes and living in small spaces has gained momentum a lot of the collecting market has taken a huge hit.

People aren’t willing to provide valuable square footage to house a lot of knick knacks and junk!

And Swedish Death Cleaning!  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Laughing at Sobbyn's collection being devalued, not the Hoarders person (I haven't watched that show in a couple of years.)  Poor Sobbyn, I doubt "the tenders" won't get their colleges paid for with that Dicken's Village stuff, or her Precious Moments doodads.  

Time to get a rill job, Sobbyn.  Gravy train is getting very near the end.  😜

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think that the internet has also taken a huge toll on the value of "collectibles" that were being pushed in the 1970-1990s. If you do a search for Precious Moments on ebay, you'll find 110,000 results. Search for beanie babies and there are 490,000 results! And the prices obviously reflect the oversaturation of the market for that stuff. There is too much inventory and it's too easy to find, and it was all a manipulation to begin with.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Sister Wives the flame thrower!! 

There's so much potential:

Silver handled kidney knives.

Robyn's eyebrow stencils

Meri's throw blanket scarf

Christine's recipe book

Aurora's earring line

It really goes on and on...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
On 9/16/2023 at 7:55 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Here’s another work of art by Robyn’s favorite artist…. 
Remember all those boxes of Kodys books at Christine’s house? … I think Robyn keeps Kody interested in books a different way.. 😎

IMG_6508.png

Yikes, I didn't know books can steal your cookie now, damn I better watch out for my Kindle. battery and all

• Like 1
  • LOL 22
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

According to someone who watches Mykelti’s Patreon, she said she asked that Meri not be included in “2nd Christmas “.

Well, now, isn't that interesting. I wonder why?  I was expecting it to be Kody or Robyn's idea to leave her out, but then they didn't include Savanah either, and I did expect that. Clearly I don't know anything about these people.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, altopower said:

Well, now, isn't that interesting. I wonder why?  I was expecting it to be Kody or Robyn's idea to leave her out, but then they didn't include Savanah either, and I did expect that. Clearly I don't know anything about these people.

Mykelti has no use for Meri. She has said she will not have her involved in her children’s lives.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mykelti has no use for Meri. She has said she will not have her involved in her children’s lives.

So she therefore vetoed Meri from having a Christmas with Ysabel and Truley as well. I do not like Mykelti at all. Don't like Meri much either, but possibly I'll like her better after she's in Parawon and makes the break. But I really don't like Mykelti.

• Like 22
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, altopower said:

So she therefore vetoed Meri from having a Christmas with Ysabel and Truley as well. I do not like Mykelti at all. Don't like Meri much either, but possibly I'll like her better after she's in Parawon and makes the break. But I really don't like Mykelti.

In Meri's position, I may have texted all the kids that were in town at the time and invited them to a holiday brunch or lunch.

To know where she stood, she could have asked for a quick RSVP to make reservations. Even if the event were to happen at Meri's own home, it would give her an idea if how many (if any) to prepare for.

• Like 14
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, altopower said:

I believe Paedon shared that Meri was abusive to Mykelti (and others of Christine's kids). And Christine has indicated that Meri was too severe with her children. Paedon also said something to the effect of Robyn coming into the family might have saved lives.

If this is the case, Mykelti absolutely has the right to say she doesn't want her abuser around.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

There's so much potential:

Silver handled kidney knives.

Robyn's eyebrow stencils

Meri's throw blanket scarf

Christine's recipe book

Aurora's earring line

It really goes on and on...

I would buy the ass-fire horses.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

So maybe someone was paying more attention than me. But if I understand correctly, that they could not build until the lots were paid off. I remember that I thought they paid for 2 lots outright and mortgaged the other two. So if that was the case, Janelle could have started to build something even a few years ago correct? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
21 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So maybe someone was paying more attention than me. But if I understand correctly, that they could not build until the lots were paid off. I remember that I thought they paid for 2 lots outright and mortgaged the other two. So if that was the case, Janelle could have started to build something even a few years ago correct? 

I think the major issue was running the services to the lots.  Janelle may not have been prepared to undertake this expense on her own.

Then Kody threw a monkey wrench into the plan by deciding he wanted to subdivide the 4 lots into 5. This could not happen until all the lots were paid off. 

In any case, I doubt Janelle could have got zoning approval for the tiny casita she proposed building.

• Like 9

I believe Paedon shared that Meri was abusive to Mykelti (and others of Christine's kids). And Christine has indicated that Meri was too severe with her children. Paedon also said something to the effect of Robyn coming into the family might have saved lives.

But Paedon was also allegedly abusive to Gwen, so he can't be trusted either. And Christine is working her own agenda around Meri and Robyn to make herself look better. None of these people can really be trusted. The whole situation is so messed up. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
On 9/19/2023 at 8:44 PM, DanaMB said:

Saw a commercial for next week’s episode. That asshat is laughing as he tells Janelle the last time the talked it didn’t go well. I hate him so much. 

And,the shocked look on his face when Janelle says she wants to remain separated is good.  Like it might have JUST DAWNED on him that things are NOT so great being "married" to his dumb ass.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

I find myself wondering how on earth the Toxic Duo can be that dense.  It's got to be a put-on, yes?

Sobbyn, just in case you can't figger it out, you and that buffon are the reason THE family got blown to smithereens.  Not YOUR family.  You and Kootie and your five spawn are on your own, just like you wanted!  You only wanted the others for their money, and what they could do for YOU.

Karma is coming for you.  Enjoy that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2