Type keyword(s) to search

Robert Garrison Brown - RIP

Message added by Mod-Tranquilizer,

This thread is for sharing condolences and honoring Robert Garrison Brown's memory.

Please don't post any speculation about the police investigation, who attended the funeral or other questions and comments about family members, such posts will be removed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Well, that post from Logan just set me off again.

Me too! It feels so strange to feel such strong emotion about a person I don't really even know, aside from what was shown on TV and SM.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Me too! It feels so strange to feel such strong emotion about a person I don't really even know, aside from what was shown on TV and SM.

That’s the thing… we didn’t know him, yet we did… I was thinking about it the other day: We’ve witnessed his life as of the age of 10 (I think?) and watched him grow from a young boy to a handsome, caring and amazing young man. And because of that, we all feel we got to know them all a little on a “personal” level. 

• Like 9
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Michelle and Logan now have Garrison’s cat Catthew, the first cat he adopted.

I heard that Aspyn and Mitch took Mr. Buttons, the one rescued most recently.

Not sure where the middle kitty is.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

Every time I think I'm done tearing up over Garrison's passing, something else makes it start again.  First, the lovely dedication of the cat room at High County Humane that was financed at least in part by the wonderful snark community here and now Logan's post.  Garrison must have really been into Norse mythology because several of his siblings have mentioned Valhalla as where he must be.  I hope Valhalla has kitties.  I'm also glad to hear that his sweet kitties have found nice homes with his siblings.  

• Like 2
  • Love 10

It's nice to think that when family members miss Garrison, they can hug his cats and feel like they are able to put that love somewhere that he would value.

• Like 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
7 hours ago, IvySpice said:

It's nice to think that when family members miss Garrison, they can hug his cats and feel like they are able to put that love somewhere that he would value.

I like that the siblings took Garrison's beloved cats, and they'll still be loved on. 

14 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Every time I think I'm done tearing up over Garrison's passing, something else makes it start again.  First, the lovely dedication of the cat room at High County Humane that was financed at least in part by the wonderful snark community here and now Logan's post.  Garrison must have really been into Norse mythology because several of his siblings have mentioned Valhalla as where he must be.  I hope Valhalla has kitties.  I'm also glad to hear that his sweet kitties have found nice homes with his siblings.  

It reminds me of Vahevala, the song by Loggins and Messina.

My in-laws were both cremated and my Norwegian FIL had a Viking funeral, complete with ship, and burial at sea.  

My dad got me a book called All Cats Go to Heaven, and that was many years ago, in the mid-60's.  I still have the book, and I hope it's true.  My idea of heaven is to see our families, friends, and pets that have preceded us, again.

Edited by xwordfanatik
to capitalize Viking
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 8
On 3/22/2024 at 2:02 PM, LilyD said:

That’s the thing… we didn’t know him, yet we did… I was thinking about it the other day: We’ve witnessed his life as of the age of 10 (I think?) and watched him grow from a young boy to a handsome, caring and amazing young man. And because of that, we all feel we got to know them all a little on a “personal” level. 

I have found yet another podcast that focuses on SW - The Sister Wives Professor.  He just did an episode about this very thing - asking how it is that we can become deeply saddened by something that happens to someone we only know from television.  He had a colleague on the episode with him who specializes in death and dying, and I found it rather interesting.

We have watched these Brown babies grow up over the years, and we've been privy to their struggles too.  We've watched Garrison and Gabe, especially, practically beg their father to have a relationship with them, to no avail.  While we were on these threads dumbfounded at Kody's behavior, I think it's almost too easy to forget that these are also very real people who are being affected in ways we can never know.  My biggest hope right now is that Gabe is okay.

• Like 16
  • Love 2

My Mom knew that I followed this show since the beginning and discussed it with you all here. I shared with her how sad I was to hear of Garrison’s death, his love of cats etc. so although she wasn’t a fan of the show she was aware of what happened through me. 

Saturday she said every time she saw his picture with his cat (in a magazine or the news) her heart went out to his Moms and siblings (she thinks Kody is a “you know what”, just from the general news); and she wanted to watch Christine’s wedding special. So we did a thing where I gave her all the details on everyone during the two part special. 

She said that Garrison had so many people that loved him and would cherish his memory, and she only hoped that they would lean on each other during this time. She said she couldn’t imagine as a mother that type of horror. 

I think that human emotions are universal and even if you didn’t know Garrison or watch the show, you could be someone like my mom and have deep empathy. I just hope each family member is gentle with themselves in their grief. 

• Like 11
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

We have watched these Brown babies grow up over the years, and we've been privy to their struggles too.

The thing is, we really have not been privy to the truth.  We have been privy to what TLC producers wanted us to see.  When Kootie began actively losing his shit, I would wager that's when they cherry-picked every single bit that drove viewers to hate him.  When Christine decided to leave, they used every single scene to make her out like a saint.

Is Kootie secretly a nice person - hell the no.  But we cannot ever say that we truly knew what was going on in reality, only the parts that fit the script mapped out by TLC.

I feel badly about Garrison just because he was a young man that should have lived a long and fulfilling life. But in no way can I say that I knew any more about him than any other stranger even those who plaster their lives on SM.  You see what they want you to see, not necessarily what is reality.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

True, we didn’t really know him. And like @Orcinus orca pointed out, we only saw the bits the producers wanted us to see and the stories may not be as we think they are.
But we did see them all grow up, albeit from a distance. And that bit* was very real. A 10-year-old growing up over the years; the young boy messing about carefree with his siblings back in Lehi, the teen finding his feet in Vegas and the young man trying to build a life of his own in Flagstaff. Of course we all feel affected by his death. How could we not?

* not meaning some of the obviously re enacted scenes like holiday gatherings, but the bits in between; their every day life, the casual interactions, the brotherly banters etc.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Post by Nevada National Guard:

Soldiers from the 1st Squadron, 221st Cavalry, along with friends and family, gathered yesterday at the Clark County Armory to honor the memory of Staff Sgt. Robert Garrison Brown, who passed away on March 4th.

Brown, a beloved son, brother, uncle, and friend, was born to Janelle and Kody Brown, and was the sixth child of a large family. He is survived by his family and three cats, Catthew, Patches, and Ms. Buttons. Preceding him were Sheryl Lee Brown, William Winn Brown, and Curtis Taylor Brown.

Known for his adventurous spirit, Brown traveled extensively, exploring multiple countries and continents. He had a passion for comedy, amateur craftsmanship, and adventurous photography, with his night sky photography particularly moving those who viewed it.

As a Staff Sergeant in the Army National Guard and a proud CAV Scout, Brown exemplified dedication to his country. He also had a caring nature, pursuing a career in nursing to help others.

Brown's friends and family remember him for his sense of humor and ability to connect with others. His passing has left a void in their hearts.

His memory serves as a reminder to cherish loved ones and prioritize compassion.

The entire Nevada National Guard community shares in the sorrow of losing Staff Sgt. Robert Garrison Brown. We recognize the profound impact of his absence on our fellow members and the 221st Cavalry family, who are deeply affected by the loss of their trusted companion. If anyone requires assistance during this challenging period, please reach out for support. Counseling services are available through the state's behavioral health counselor at 702-856-4936; the state psychological health manager/therapist at 725-377-1683; the state Chaplain’s office at 775-220-1524; or the suicide and crisis hotline at 988.

(there are pictures of the family, I will not post them)

9773BCA0-72C7-49A9-8577-1ED359F6D7FA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 19

Thank you @ginger90 for posting this tribute.     The photos show a family still in a stage of deep grief.     Garrison was a true guiding light for them and his absence will be felt deeply for years to come.  

• Like 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Post by Nevada National Guard:

Soldiers from the 1st Squadron, 221st Cavalry, along with friends and family, gathered yesterday at the Clark County Armory to honor the memory of Staff Sgt. Robert Garrison Brown, who passed away on March 4th.

Brown, a beloved son, brother, uncle, and friend, was born to Janelle and Kody Brown, and was the sixth child of a large family. He is survived by his family and three cats, Catthew, Patches, and Ms. Buttons. Preceding him were Sheryl Lee Brown, William Winn Brown, and Curtis Taylor Brown.

Known for his adventurous spirit, Brown traveled extensively, exploring multiple countries and continents. He had a passion for comedy, amateur craftsmanship, and adventurous photography, with his night sky photography particularly moving those who viewed it.

As a Staff Sergeant in the Army National Guard and a proud CAV Scout, Brown exemplified dedication to his country. He also had a caring nature, pursuing a career in nursing to help others.

Brown's friends and family remember him for his sense of humor and ability to connect with others. His passing has left a void in their hearts.

His memory serves as a reminder to cherish loved ones and prioritize compassion.

The entire Nevada National Guard community shares in the sorrow of losing Staff Sgt. Robert Garrison Brown. We recognize the profound impact of his absence on our fellow members and the 221st Cavalry family, who are deeply affected by the loss of their trusted companion. If anyone requires assistance during this challenging period, please reach out for support. Counseling services are available through the state's behavioral health counselor at 702-856-4936; the state psychological health manager/therapist at 725-377-1683; the state Chaplain’s office at 775-220-1524; or the suicide and crisis hotline at 988.

(there are pictures of the family, I will not post them)

9773BCA0-72C7-49A9-8577-1ED359F6D7FA.jpeg

Thank you, Ginger. What a moving tribute from the Nevada National Guard.

WARNING: The following link is to a publicly accessible post from the Nevada Guard's verified account. It contains official ceremony images. Because it is public, official, and from a beautiful memorial, I feel okay linking to it in this thread.

This is the official Facebook post from the Nevada National Guard. The family's grief is palpable. People may prefer not to visit the link.

From photos, I can confirm that all five Brown parents, plus David Woolley, Grandma Genielle Brown, Janelle's sister and her husband, and 11 of the 12 surviving OG kids (and partners) were in attendance, as well as many other mourners.

There are photos of Guardsmen, standing with Hunter and Paedon. The brothers are between a floral spray and the flags, behind a large print of the photo of Garrison which Ginger shared in her post. My guess is the boys were included, because they're both military. They are not in uniform. When a soldier presented the flag to Janelle, Hunter was seated right by her side. 

REQUEST: If people choose to discuss who was there or not, could we please keep that to the Spoilers and Speculation thread? It would seem off-topic here.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 9
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

May God grant this family comfort,strength and peace and may the good memories they have of Garrison sustain them through the difficult days yet to come. 

• Like 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Many of the family and guests had on Hawaiian shirts, ties and dresses in honor of Garrison.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I had forgotten about Garrison's Hawaiian shirt business. That was a sweet tribute. Hunter and Paedon were dressed all in black, but they had matching (I think) colorful ties. It was a sweet tribute to their brother.

32 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

May God grant this family comfort,strength and peace and may the good memories they have of Garrison sustain them through the difficult days yet to come. 

Amen.

• Like 7

Happy Birthday Garrison may you be at eternal peace!  🙏

Glad to hear Janelle can feel him nearby, she always will, especially on these special days.

And again someone here is cutting onions.......

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11

Hi folks, a couple of your posts have found a new home HERE.
Please remember that this topic is to honor Robert Garrison Brown's memory and that posts or even jokes about other Sister Wives participants, no matter how lighthearted or innocent they are, may seem out of place to other posters. We'd like to ask that you please take those conversations to their respective topics.

Thank you