Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

I am SO late.  I was at the gym!  Looks like this woman is actually doing something??

Yes! It only took 90 minutes! 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I am SO late.  I was at the gym!  Looks like this woman is actually doing something??

Yeah, but she pretty much just started doing it an hour and a half in.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

It took an hour and a half to get to the weight loss part of the episode, but she finally did it! 

• Applause 2

She is walking way better, too.  I have hope that maybe she can push for a couple more months and then get surgery . But I don't think she can do it long-term without therapy.  

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, aliya said:

OMLord! What was that on the mattress? Just take some of that yogurt money and get a new one. Disgusting.

There is a giant stain on my mattress from when I spilled a whole glass of Polar Diet Cranberry Dry soda when I was in the throes of a flaming hot flash and fumbled in my haste to suck it all down. I ran screaming to the kitchen for more coolant, and forgot about the spill until it was too late. 

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8

Month 8 or 9 (I lost track), weight 578, so she lost 73 lbs.    

She's not using the cane or walker.   She's making progress.  Now I'm worried about her pre-surgery medical tests.   Lose 40 lbs in a month, and she'll get surgery.   BMI is still 103.  She must be about 5'3".    I'm proud of her.

• Like 5
Just now, AnnaBaptist said:

Well, I am glad I was wrong, but what a weird episode. All of a sudden she is walking on her own and looks way smaller in the hips. Good for her!

Yep. I was surprised to see how she walked into the clinic for her weigh in. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

She is walking way better, too.  I have hope that maybe she can push for a couple more months and then get surgery . But I don't think she can do it long-term without therapy.  

Or jaw wiring.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

There is a giant stain on my mattress from when I spilled a whole glass of Polar Diet Cranberry Dry soda when I was in the throes of a flaming hot flash and fumbled in my haste to suck it all down. I ran screaming to the kitchen for more coolant, and forgot about the spill until it was too late. 

Let's just hope the stain is food related.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Polar!  New England! 😍

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Well if she is all being prepped, that means she lost again, and lost enough.  She is down to 539, not spectacular, but decent progress... 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

“I’m going to transition to robot.”

Yes! omg this has to go on one of those refrigerator magnets. 

Maybe I’ll try to work that into a conversation this week, which would mean that I’d actually have to talk to someone, so I guess the odds are pretty low.

• LOL 8

Down to 539 before surgery.   I'm glad she came through the surgery so well.  I hope she goes to therapy, she really needs to embrace therapy.  However, as they've said before, therapy only works if you're willing to put in the work. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

“I’m going to transition to robot.”

Yes! omg this has to go on one of those refrigerator magnets. 

I have a Dr. Now quote on my fridge. (I had a cute little magnetic frame and nothing to put in it, so typed it up in a fancy-ish font and made the colors to match the frame and printed it out.)

"My suggestion is don't do that."

Which is good advice for a lot of things...

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Husband says that she "has been working on this for a long time".

No, she has only been working on this for three months. The other seven months she did nothing.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

It's crazy how many gastric bypass surgeries I have seen on TV by now.  My new boyfriend watched last week's episode and jumped when he saw the surgery.  I am so immune to it lol!   I guess we're supposed to WARN the new people??

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
Just now, Eldemarge said:

It's crazy how many gastric bypass surgeries I have seen on TV by now.  My new boyfriend watched last week's episode and jumped when he saw the surgery.  I am so immune to it lol!   I guess we're supposed to WARN the new people??

Hey, the Black Screen warned him. Not your fault if he didn't heed the warning.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Connecticut girl currently in Maine. 

Well, I live in the same city as @Pepper Mostly, but I can't account for her absence.  I do love some Polar, though--and Market Basket. 🤩

• Like 4
  • Love 1

We’re all watching, unphased and waiting for Dr Now to hold up the stomach and smile, like it’s a big fish he just caught. 

• LOL 6

She is definitely walking much better.  I first thought it was a grocery store, but they are in an art gallery!   I am proud of her. 

• Like 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

Well, I live in the same city as @Pepper Mostly, but I can't account for her absence.  I do love some Polar, though--and Market Basket. 🤩

I flove Market Basket.

So is this like the obligatory walk in the park?

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

She even sounds different.  I hope she can maintain her loss.  

This mmight be the first case of where move to Houston really did help her get on track!  Something must have been going on in Tennessee that kept messing her up.  Maybe Momma dearest.

Edited by Hellga
  • Like 6
Just now, LizzyB said:

This *has to be* the first art gallery walk we have seen on this show!! Am I right?

The first episode they were in a park that had some kind of art installation where you could whisper on one side and they could hear you on the other, but I believe this is the first actual gallery.

• Like 4

After hearing how she treated her daughter, I have a hard time being nice about her, but her Mom messed her up. So, I’ll give her that much. 

Art and shooting pool? Stop making me like you! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3