Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

She's so motivated she'll eat dog crap. Doc sounds skeptical.

Up side of having an unusual name...the only other one I know is my mom!

I refuse to do drive through. If I'm getting fast food I'm gonna get my ass out of the car and get it. I like the touch screen at McD's though because I can make sure it's right and I don't have to talk to anyone until I pay.

My mom is... too short to do drive through. Seriously. She is just under 5 feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She gets McDonald's once a week but has to go in because her head and arms can't reach in the drive through window. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

The older I get, the more I hate eating while I'm traveling. I just don't even want to eat fast food anymore. Except for Bojangles. 

When I travel, I take it as an opportunity to explore the local eats.  I will use Yelp and Google and Reddit and things like that to explore what's good along the way.  I have discovered some real gems that way.  Fast food is for when I am really pushing the time and don't want to get off the turnpike or something along those lines, not for leisure travel...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

Someone I used to know through work had the best coordinated outfits from the 80s through the 90s (including banana clips!). 

I know everyone laughs at the 80s, but I was in my 20s and early 30s,  looked the best I ever did and had great work wardrobe. Lots of power suits and dresses with big shoulder pads. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Late to the show,  catching up on your comments😅

Rose is singing the first verse of the addict blues, 'I'm willing to do whatever it takes' 

Ends with, 'But, I worked so hard, and had so much stress!'

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Nope not if you don't want to stop stuffing your face. I think 1 person has lost weight, the rest just go up and up. 

It's me! I'm the rest!

• LOL 2
Just now, lemoncake said:

I know everyone laughs at the 80s, but I was in my 20s and early 30s,  looked the best I ever did and had great work wardrobe. Lots of power suits and dresses with big shoulder pads. 

The hair though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She claims she’s willing to eat shit if Dr. Now tells her to, so that’s a first 

I know that there are a lot of good cooks in this forum. But, I don't know that there is much we can do with shit, is there?

EAT DEATH, LINDSEY 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
Just now, Hellga said:

When I travel, I take it as an opportunity to explore the local eats.  I will use Yelp and Google and Reddit and things like that to explore what's good along the way.  I have discovered some real gems that way.  Fast food is for when I am really pushing the time and don't want to get off the turnpike or something along those lines, not for leisure travel...

I wish. We had a rental truck that wasn't in great shape  so we didn't want to venture too far off the exit ramps

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

My mom is... too short to do drive through. Seriously. She is just under 5 feet tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She gets McDonald's once a week but has to go in because her head and arms can't reach in the drive through window. 

I’m 5’2” and that’s how I feel when I go to a drive-up ATM. I end up having to open the car door so I can grab the cash.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Wow. It has worked wonders for me. I'm diabetic and it brought my A1C down. But it also absolutely killed my appetite and when I do eat, it's not much. 

Why is Dr. Now always so disingenuous? People come to him for accountability, structure and incentive. They won't lose weight if someone doesn't weigh them and hold them accountable. They need a tangible reward (the surgery). And they need someone to give them a diet, even one that they could look up on the internet. Why does he act like he doesn't know that?

Ozempic is working wonders for me too. A1C is way down and I've lost 35 lbs since July. I don't have much of an appetite any more and am able and eager actually to put that fork down when I am full. I love behaving like my slender friends! 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Dr. Now: If you need anything, give me a call.

Rose: I need a steak basket and a plain hamburger. 

And an order of fried cheese sticks. Make that two orders of fried cheese! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, Pi237 said:

Late to the show,  catching up on your comments😅

Rose is singing the first verse of the addict blues, 'I'm willing to do whatever it takes' 

Ends with, 'But, I worked so hard, and had so much stress!'

They all seem to think that eating food that they don't like as much as their usual preference equals sticking to the diet. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

If I could, I would have done what the lady in that AARP commercial was doing!  Running with The Rescue Dogs!!!  YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, mk828 said:

NOW she has the will power.. 

Yeah, we'll see. I get she sings a different tune with a quickness. "If you tell me to get down on the floor and eat dog food, I'll do it!" Next scene: "Dr. Now is not giving me the help I need! I'm working as hard as I can work! His diet is too strict! I know my body."

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Dr. Now: If you need anything, give me a call.

Rose: I need a steak basket and a plain hamburger. 

and zebra cakes

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I have patients who are outeating the ozempic,

Really? I was on 2 Ozempic boards and everyone was getting sick as a dog and could barely function, much less eat.  Except me.  I was fine. My blood sugar came way down, my appetite was regulated, I lost weight.

And then I got pancreatitis and wound up on a morphine drip in the hospital. 

• Hugs 7
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What sadist  booked Nutrasystem and Taco Bell commercials on this show?   

I thought the placement of the Pepto-Bismol ad was kind of genius.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

I did have a perm, but not too extreme. Lots of banana clips and scrunchies

I had a perm for a while in the 80's, unfortunately I looked like a poodle.  

That is a good breakfast for her.  She seems to be moving better, and she still has a great attitude. She's really doing a great job on the exercises!   

Weigh in at a local clinic, a great idea.  Is this month 3? 

Weight month 1-564

Month 3 - 497 down 67 lbs!   I'm so happy for her. 

And now Jenny Craig ads.  I read today on a hairstylist board (I'm definitely not, no talent with hair) that most people don't have dandruff, they have dry scalp, and dandruff shampoos make it worse. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3

Just saw an ad for Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles. I bought the dark chocolate ones on a whim because they were on sale, and I wish I hadn't. Those things are so damn good. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Damn, I am right there with you! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I had a perm for a while in the 80's, unfortunately I looked like a poodle.  

I had the 80s perm, and now my hair is naturally curly! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Well, at least they both move.  They both certainly can use it!  And the diet.  Though turkey bacon, really, lady? 

• Like 1

Sam (the daughter-in-law?) has got some serious weight in her midriff area!!!  Her stomach goes farther than her boobs!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Speaking of eating habits, I made my first Pizza Gaina (Italian ham and egg pie) for Easter!

Compress_20240403_205248_8059.jpg

That looks delicious! 

• Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

Well, at least they both move.  They both certainly can use it!  And the diet.  Though turkey bacon, really, lady? 

Well at least it was only 2 slices, unlike past participants I guess.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Same! I turned 30 in 1984 and was at the height of my powers. I looked like a million bucks and had a 23 inch waist. But my thing was more Ralph Lauren urban cowgirl or hippie gypsy. Though I did have a fabulous coral Calvin Klein jacket with shoulder pads and I loved it truly. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I didn't eat fast food for over 3 years (after I got sick after eating McD's and was put off it for a while, then covid came along and I couldn't go anywhere...); I broke the streak in October 2022 because I was on the turnpike and needed something to eat. Burger King, Starbucks, and convenience store junk were my only options at the rest stop.

1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Hey I read banana clips were back. Of course I chopped my hair off and can't use them if I wanted to.

I think I have one somewhere. My mom found it when I was looking for an 80s outfit for a party.

Her grandkids are cute. I like that they exercise with her.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Same! I turned 30 in 1984 and was at the height of my powers. I looked like a million bucks and had a 23 inch waist. But my thing was more Ralph Lauren urban cowgirl or hippie gypsy. Though I did have a fabulous coral Calvin Klein jacket with shoulder pads and I loved it truly. 

23" WAIST?!!!  Hell, Pepper, my Thighs were bigger than that!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5

I absolutely hate 'I want to make Dr. Now proud' line.  It's like a kid doing homework only because Momma promised him ice cream (yep, my cousin's younger son).  You aren't doing it for Dr. Now, you are doing it for yourself!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I looked like Working Girl after she did her makeover

• Like 3
  • Love 4