Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I’m proud of you were choosing something healthy
: giant turkey sandwich on white, greasy green beans and red beans. And some thing else. 

Gravy on the side. Which I’m sure stayed untouched throughout the meal.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

That restaurant didn't need to identify itself as a barbecue joint. You could tell what kind of food they serve by the license plates on the walls and the rolls of paper towels on the tables. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

I grew up in the south and I could never figure out chicken fried steak. Or sweet tea.

Ooh I love both. Sweet tea is the closest Ill ever get to cocaine.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I grew up in the south and I could never figure out chicken fried steak. Or sweet tea.

Steak, ruined by frying it like chicken?

• Like 2

I tried sweet tea when I travelled south. I thought I was a slightly sweetened Iced Tea…like Tetley or some such…it…it was not 

• Like 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I tried sweet tea when I travelled south. I thought I was a slightly sweetened Iced Tea…like Tetley or some such…it…it was not 

Sweet tea is pancake syrup over ice.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Do,they really need to,visit “ Hungry bbq”?

I will never forget the first time my Mom ordered a rack of ribs at a BBQ joint.  Her face when she saw that HUGE platter was priceless.  I think my parents both were eating those ribs for two or three days... 

3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I'm from that generation that could wear those tie dyed shirts and look fabulous!  He looks like he's homeless and got the shirt out of one of those bins.

I love tie dye shirts (not quite that pattern though) and I wear them regularly.  I am 40. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

I will never forget the first time my Mom ordered a rack of ribs at a BBQ joint.  Her face when she saw that HUGE platter was priceless.  I think my parents both were eating those ribs for two or three days... 

I love tie dye shirts (not quite that pattern though) and I wear them regularly.  I am 40. :) 

YOUNG'N!!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Okay, boredom/commercials chat: my plan for next week is to meet you all here for the One Ton Super Reunion Makeover Family That Yells At Each Other Extravaganza. Hoping that's right. 😉

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Red Bridey said:

My mini ice cream sandwich was so good I am tempted to have a second (it's mini!) but then I look at Charles and just say no.

I've been eating the mini Clio yogurt bars. 60 calories, so I don't feel like a pig if I have 2, but usually 1 will hit the spot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Energy drink, really??  That's 'doing everything I can'?  Obviously 'styding the book' religiously is reading without comprehension for him...

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Steak, ruined by frying it like chicken?

It's been a long time since I've had chicken fried steak, but I remember liking it. 

• Like 1

I'm a Southerner and love sweet tea. I know it's bad. But I don't like barbecued pork, and there are two bbq restaurants near me that've have been featured in the media. 

Now Charles is Rocky.

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys I need comfy sandals for narrow feet..any recommendations? 

What size do you wear? You can try SAS shoes ( fair warning I work for SAS) they are expensive, made in the US and very good quality. Again not cheap but very comfortable. I am 67 with arthritis and can work an 8 hour day and my feet don’t hurt.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Why go to the park? Can't you get a little hibachi for about $15? Maybe they can't have a grill on the balcony. We can't have them at our townhouses because of the trees. Some idiot would set the whole community on fire.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

If watching these two doesn't make you want to avoid drugs for the rest of your life, nothing will.

Maybe they can be in a Don't Do Drugs ad.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Okay, boredom/commercials chat: my plan for next week is to meet you all here for the One Ton Super Reunion Makeover Family That Yells At Each Other Extravaganza. Hoping that's right. 😉

I plan and intend to be here and will be heartbroken if my peeps aren't joining me. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

They go to the park so they can grill all their food...do they walk around the park while they're there?

Hopefully they aren't leaving the food unattended.....

• Like 1

Less and less dependent on a  wheelchair even as he is being rolled along?  And breathing like he ran a marathon?  Yeah right. 

These guys take wishful thinking to the next level.

and charcoal grilling is NOT healthy.  OK for occasional meals but on a regular basis, given he already has a zillion risk factors, he is just asking for colon cancer.  Though he will probably die of other causes sooner. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t even know what chicken fried steak is…

It's a poor, poor piece of steak that's breaded and fried like chicken. It's very sad and was originally a way to make less desireable cuts of beef better. Or so I was told. I was lied to as a kid though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

My grew up on sweet tea. Over the years my tastes have changed I much prefer a glass of unsweet tea with just lemon. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I plan and intend to be here and will be heartbroken if my peeps aren't joining me. 

I didn't watch that show really but I will be here for you.

• Like 2