Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, aliya said:

He's an only child, so he's not used to other kids or a noise level in the house. It's been eye-opening for him, especially now having 2 of them - and with both parents working from home. They've got nannies, but all of them 24/7 together - it would be a bit much for anyone. 

My son hates noise and chaos. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Sam has a tracheostomy? My bff has one, and he wears all manner of interesting neckbands to cover it. The fabric liner at the back makes me wonder. 

• Useful 3
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I bought a couple bags (and a bag of Hershey eggs) before Easter and haven't even opened them. What's wrong with me?

I have a dedicated chocolate shelf in the snacking cupboard in my kitchen.  I probably have two varieties of truffles/bonbons and at least a dozen candy bars in it at any given time.  I don't eat a lot at a time, though.  When you buy chocolates that are upwards of $50/pound, that's an extra reason not to eat more than that 50 calorie square/piece they recommend.  I stock up at chocolate shows/expos or when I visit places where they have good artisanal chocolate shops... very rarely will I crave grocery store chocolate.  I do have two Lindt chocolate bunnies waiting for my Easter, though.  Gotta bite those ears off!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I can't imagine sitting like that with your head looking into that machine for hours for a surgery. Gotta be uncomfortable 

• Like 1
(edited)

My weakness isn't candy or sweets. Its salty and carby. I can happily walk by a bowl of chocolate, but walking by a bowl of chips is a killer

I work with people who love to bring in snacks. There are always pretzels, crackers, chips, cheese, dips, donuts, cookies, etc. on the big table in the ad department. I rarely if ever snack at home because I don't stock my cabinets with snack foods. But when I'm at work, I just can't resist those salty temptations. 

Edited by mmecorday
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

New series up next. 

"Take My Tumor"

What?

That sounds like the worst comedy routine ever! Take my tumor. Please! 

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, katycat74 said:

Did I miss a wedding? She said her husband couldn't make it for surgery. Wasn't he her fiance at the beginning?

Some people use the words husband and fiance interchangeablely. I dont get it

• Useful 1
Just now, lemoncake said:

Some people use the words husband and fiance interchangeablely. I dont get it

This family tree is hard enough to follow without confusing me more lol

• Applause 2
  • LOL 9
2 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I can't imagine sitting like that with your head looking into that machine for hours for a surgery. Gotta be uncomfortable 

No worse than hunched over an open abdomen! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Did I miss a wedding? She said her husband couldn't make it for surgery. Wasn't he her fiance at the beginning?

I thought at least at one point when she said fiancé she was referring to the past as she was telling her story. I could be wrong, though; it was kinda hard to follow.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

My weakness isn't candy or sweets. Its salty and carby. I can happily walk by a bowl of chocolate, but walking by a bowl of chips is a killer

I am glad I am utterly resistant to manufactured potato chips.  I buy those single-serve multi-packs and usually I eat about one every two months and usually because I feel like eating something different and don't feel like cooking rather than because I want chips.  I am a sucker for homemade potato chips, though.  Kettle or baked, love them both.   I can probably polish off three good sized potatoes' worth in one sitting...   Good thing I am too lazy to make them more than once a month or so!  And my current work cafeteria doesn't make them.  At my old job, they were incredible.  But because I came late (I prefer to eat at 1pm or even 1:30pm rather than noon), I rarely got tempted by them as they were often sold out. 

Edited by Hellga
6 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I wondered that myself.

Just now, Hellga said:

I am glad I am utterly resistant to manufactured potato chips.  I buy those single-serve multi-packs and usually I eat about one every two months and usually because I feel like eating something different and don't feel like cooking rather than because I want chips.  I am a sucker for homemade potato chips, though.  Kettle or baked, love them both.   I can probably polish off three good sized potatoes' worth in one sitting...   Good thing I am too lazy to make them more than once a month or so! 

I love kettle chips. Love flavors like sea salt and vinegar. We were in Italy a couple of years ago and I found this fabulous brand of tomato flavored chips. Thankfully I haven't been able to find them in the US. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I work with people who love to bring in snacks. There are always pretzels, crackers, chips, cheese, dips, donuts, cookies, etc. on the big table in the ad department. I rarely if ever snack at home because I don't stock my cabinets with stuff snack foods. But when I'm at work, I just can't resist those salty temptations. 

At my last job we had a Free Food channel on the staff Slack. We'd just trawl the halls, looking for leftover sandwiches and pizza. I used to grab all the extra bags of chips and pretzels for my boss, she was a snacker. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I work with people who love to bring in snacks. There are always pretzels, crackers, chips, cheese, dips, donuts, cookies, etc. on the big table in the ad department. I rarely if ever snack at home because I don't stock my cabinets with stuff snack foods. But when I'm at work, I just can't resist those salty temptations. 

The head of one place I worked would bring in Dilly bars (Dairy Queen ice cream bar). Never heard of them until I started working there. Free ice cream! 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Are there any success stories? We've been watching surgeries, but no follow-up. 

Is TLC a SCAM??

News at 11

Delana, Krystal S., and Abi were all successes, only William wasn't this season.   

You can tell the rookie nurses like the weigh-in lady, they don't get their feet far out of the trample zone. 

393!    I'm so thrilled for her, total loss 171!

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Next on TLC:

What's Up My Ass? 

Colonoscopy Doc

Meet My Spleen

Nighty night, Pounders. 

OTOH, I saw that there was a TLC show entitled CRACK ADDICTS. 

SMDH

• LOL 2

Next on TLC:

What's Up My Ass? 

Colonoscopy Doc

Meet My Spleen

I Didn't Know My 90-Day Fiance Was Pregnant

Little People, Big Cyst

How Did That Get In There? 

(And BTW, Meet My Spleen had me laughing so hard I was in tears!) 

• Fire 1
  • LOL 8
5 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I don't know how they know what is what in there.  I'd be pulling random organs out, whoops.

This made me laugh and laugh! Whoops, there goes the pancreas! Oh no, a kidney, shit, I always do that...

• LOL 8
(edited)

Hey, she brought her husband with her now.  And she continued to lose, again, not as much as she should have and could have had she really stuck to the diet, but she is losing at a decent pace for poundticipant.  A third of the way down now...

Edited by Hellga
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Omg her boobs are crazy

Every time I glance up and get an eyeful of those jugs I recoil. My god, girl. Anything. Get those little stretchy ones at least, to keep those puppies from flapping around in the breeze. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Nighty night, Pounders. 

OTOH, I saw that there was a TLC show entitled CRACK ADDICTS. 

SMDH

Is it about drugs or butts?

• LOL 4

393? Wow. If she got a breast reduction and lift, shed look thinner than green shirt. I hope her heart improves. That breathing must be exhausting.

• Like 3