Type keyword(s) to search

Deal or No Deal Island Discussion: Let's see what's on the Board

• Start Topic

Just now, AntFTW said:

I think an overwhelming part of it that they do see Rob as a genuine threat, which they should. They got all the tea about how he played Survivor and how he won. It just festered from there. I'm sure it may have rubbed some people the wrong way about how he's played the game so far while also completely ignoring that they're doing the same thing.

…..doing the same thing, but in a meaner way.  Rob knows it is a game.  He is trying to win, but he isn’t so aggressively, gratuitously mean.

• Like 16
23 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I wish Rob actually had a better strategic partner than Aron.

I think Aron is kind of checked out of the game. It just seems like he's willing to take whatever comes his way.

• Like 1

I cackled when Stephanie said "always the victim... everyone's after Rob" as if it wasn't true. She said something like "you think your the target when no one is thinking about you."

Also, I thought Rob made a good point that most of the drama seems to involve Stephanie.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
56 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I think Aron is kind of checked out of the game. It just seems like he's willing to take whatever comes his way.

I couldn't believe that Rob didn't murder Aaron last night.  Less over getting the cases mixed up than messing up the walkie talkie.   Rob might as well have not had a partner last night.  Living with a household of women seems to have really mellowed him.  

Stephanie and Amy need to go.   Their edit has been SO awful that I find it hard to believe that either will win.   Villains have to be funny and likable in some other way if they are going to come out on top.  A win by one of the two remaining founders of the Night Owls is bound to leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  Especially since Rob ISN'T guilty of all the charges they were making last night.  

Jordan would be a great winner, although her win would also be a little strange given that I didn't even realize she was on the show before last week.   When I saw people talk about Jordan I thought they were talking about Dawson.  

• Like 7

I just rewatched the last bit of the episode, and one thing that did not make much sense to me was that Nick chose Case #9, and when he decided to take the deal he said the number 9 has never let him down. Maybe his misspoke but I just kept thinking "if the number 9 has never let you down, why didn't he choose case #9 over taking the deal?"

I still think that. He had so much faith in #9 just to ultimately not choose #9.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I'm a bit surprised that Jordan and Amy didn't figure out that Stephanie really isn't playing with them as she withheld information from them during the ATV activity.  Of course everyone should be playing for themselves, but Stephanie is a bit obvious that she isn't really about the alliance.  But she is about the manipulation and is almost gleeful about demeaning those outside of her 'alliance' to her alliance.  Amy seems to be mean just for the sake of being mean.

Hopefully they are the next two out.  

I was a but surprised when Rob said he was 47.  I didn't realize that many years have passed since his first Survivor appearance.  And, yes, I am old...

• Like 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:
48 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I was a but surprised when Rob said he was 47.  I didn't realize that many years have passed since his first Survivor appearance.  And, yes, I am that old

Worse, this summer his youngest will be 10 and his oldest will be 15!

Edited by DEL901
  • Mind Blown 5
On 4/22/2024 at 10:37 PM, Thalia said:

I can handle it when my favorite players don't win these games.  But if Pam Amy wins I can see me being angry for days.  She is such a bully, and Nick is right there with her for making fun of Aaron's status as the 97 lb weakling of the show.   Classy. 

PS, I think I keep calling Amy Pam because she reminds me of "Angry Pam" from the old Trading Spaces days.  And that goes back a while! 

Stephanie is not so great either. 

On 4/23/2024 at 12:55 PM, DEL901 said:

…..doing the same thing, but in a meaner way.  Rob knows it is a game.  He is trying to win, but he isn’t so aggressively, gratuitously mean.

Agreed. That’s why I have a problem with the Night Owls.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm a bit surprised that Jordan and Amy didn't figure out that Stephanie really isn't playing with them as she withheld information from them during the ATV activity.  Of course everyone should be playing for themselves, but Stephanie is a bit obvious that she isn't really about the alliance.  But she is about the manipulation and is almost gleeful about demeaning those outside of her 'alliance' to her alliance.  Amy seems to be mean just for the sake of being mean.

Hopefully they are the next two out.  

I was a but surprised when Rob said he was 47.  I didn't realize that many years have passed since his first Survivor appearance.  And, yes, I am old...

I want them to be the next two out too!!

• Like 3

I am in this show for Rob. I loathe those hooting "Night Owls" - Jordan summed it up when she said they were petty and mean. These are grown adults. I cannot stand Amy or Stephanie. I think when they watch this back they are going to realize who the real villains of this show are, and it's not Rob.

Stephanie is unhinged - Rob even told her before Alyssa left that she needs to play less emotionally and more strategic - her crazed altercation with Alyssa was insane, and then she just transferred the delusional mistrust to Rob when Alyssa was gone. Her comment that he was playing the victim and then in the same breath turning around and saying he might not last the night was hilarious - like, do you even hear yourself??? I am ready for those stupid Night Owls to get picked off one by one. I hope Aron and Rob recruit Jordan and now who has the numbers???

I think it was telling where his mind is at when Rob said he was 47 and he has enough friends - he's a lot older than his Survivor days. He's a middle age family man who is still great at these games but that's just it for him - a game. I think he's uber competitive and smart enough to play his game but stay out of the drama. Until now. Stephanie poked the bear. I can't wait to see what happens next episode!

• Like 9
(edited)
On 4/25/2024 at 3:26 PM, Ilovepie said:

Stephanie is unhinged - Rob even told her before Alyssa left that she needs to play less emotionally and more strategic - her crazed altercation with Alyssa was insane, and then she just transferred the delusional mistrust to Rob when Alyssa was gone. Her comment that he was playing the victim and then in the same breath turning around and saying he might not last the night was hilarious - like, do you even hear yourself??

She was like "you're nobody's target. No one is thinking about you HOWEVER you are the target so enjoy your last night here." 😂🤣

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

Even tho I wanted Stephanie and Amy gone tonight, I'm glad Aron is gone.   I just feel like he has no read on people at all and believes the last thing someone tells him.  He had to know that Stephanie lied about Rob badmouthing Nick, or at least should have.   Nonetheless, he swallowed her lie about Rob targeting him without seeming to question it all.   And then he seemed so betrayed, but he quickly dropped his final 2 with the Rob the moment a cute (ish) girl was nice to him.  

With that said, the intimation that everyone thinks Aron has been Rob's puppet and questioning whether Aron is all that smart/tough, probably influenced him more than anything.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
19 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Even tho I wanted Stephanie and Amy gone tonight, I'm glad Aron is gone.   I just feel like he has no read on people at all and believes the last thing someone tells him.  He had to know that Stephanie lied about Rob badmouthing Nick, or at least should have.   Nonetheless, he swallowed her lie about Rob targeting him without seeming to question it all.   And then he seemed so betrayed, but he quickly dropped his final 2 with the Rob the moment a cute (ish) girl was nice to him.  

Considering the events of previous Temple, I figure that Aron has to at least ask himself "why the fuck would Rob talk to Stephanie about anything? Oh wait, he wouldn't."

• Like 10

I don't think Aron was a good fit for this show.  He was ready to turn on the only person who really befriended him because a known liar told him that Rob was ready to turn on him.  Why in the world would he have even listened to Stephanie let alone believe her?  Aron seems to want female acknowledgement and attention, hence his devastation when Alyssa left and his believing what Stephanie said.  

It will be interesting to see how the final four plays out.  Jordan is still a wild card, so a lot could hinge on how she plays it out.

Oh, and the preview trying to create suspense and drama about who the banker may be?  I don't care at all.  Well, I take that back, I would be interested if they got a really well known miser such as Scrooge McDuck, but other than that?  Don't care.

• Like 10

So I'm still trying to understand the premise, if you make a bad deal you are out and leave with no money, but if you make a good deal the money is added to the pot and you get to eliminate someone, is that correct? feels that they should say it once in a while.

I decided to try the first episode a few days ago and ended up binging the whole thing to get caught up. The actual deal or no deal suitcase game is boring, but the social dynamics of the Survivor-ish part of the game are crazy. Also, I like the random little moments like, during the jet ski excursion when Joe and the model (Ben?) were standing on the beach waiting and Joe suddenly asks him, "how many chicken nuggets can you eat?"

Stephanie and Amy are both horrendous but in different ways. Stephanie has some kind of emotional regulation issue; she was SO ANGRY with Alyssa over what was pretty normal gameplay and then once Alyssa was gone, she transferred all that anger to Rob over nothing that I can see. Amy is just stupid and mean. So funny when Rob said that Amy lies because it makes her feel like she's strategizing. Dawson was a good fit with them, being sort of catty and dopey.

Nick and Jordan seem okay to me; in the alliance for protection, but they're not vicious about it.

Aron was too fragile for this game, but I'm happy to hear that he and Rob are still friends now. I would be surprised about it, except a few years ago, someone asked him who he still hung out with from Survivor and he said Tyson, Sean, and Peter Harkney, who was this funny weirdo who got voted out first in Rob's first season and who spent a lot of time talking about how he was a holy person, prompting Rob to give a confessional saying "I thought he meant he was spiritual, but it turns out he was talking about the actual holes in his body."

Rooting for Rob to win a big chunk of money, but Jordan would also be fine. If Stephanie or Amy play for the money, I hope they walk away with the $0.01.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
51 minutes ago, jabRI said:

So I'm still trying to understand the premise, if you make a bad deal you are out and leave with no money, but if you make a good deal the money is added to the pot and you get to eliminate someone, is that correct? feels that they should say it once in a while.

Yes.  They said this nearly every episode at the start of the season.  They're not going to say it 10 episodes in a row - they assume people know that by now.

• Like 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, jabRI said:

If you make a bad deal, you’re eliminated and you leave with no money… and I think the offer you took is added to the final case, or whatever it is, that the finalists will compete for in the end. I think money is added to the pot no matter what.

i still want to know how the finalists win. Do they play a final game of Deal or No Deal? I get the feeling that this $10MM case isn’t the prize money but it’s a case a finalist could possibly win in a final game of Deal or No Deal.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1

I listened to Aron's exit interview on Chappell's podcast.   The lead takeaway is that he said he would have eliminated Stephanie and not Rob.  

According to Aron, one of the things we didn't see on the show was his friendship with Stephanie.  He said they got along great for much of the show, but that may explain why he was inclined to believe her when she said the lie about Rob.   He said that logically he knew it was true, but she did "get in [his] head," but that the insinuation that he was playing Rob's game was more damaging to Aron's game.  

Aron said his biggest mistake was not trusting Rob during the excursion and trying to show he was his own man.  And he said it definitely was a mistake and he ended up going home because of it. 

He said he knew that Alyssa couldn't be trusted totally, but that they just bonded.  His closest friends were Alyssa, Rob, and Jordan and they are the ones he keeps in contact with.  Aron and Stephanie have "buried the hatchet" but otherwise haven't been in contact. 

9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I would be interested if they got a really well known miser such as Scrooge McDuck, but other than that?  Don't care.

I like this idea.  Other good choices?  Jack Benny.  Hetty Green.   Ebeneezer Scrooge.  Montgomery Burns (Simpsons).   Mr. Potter (Its a Wonderful Life) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I seldom actually hate reality show contestants.  I know editing is involved.  I might hate someone who literally shoves his wife in a race.  Or someone who outs a fellow castaway in a tribal.  Things like that.

But I hate Stephanie.  Her lies don't even really make sense.  There's no real reasoning there.  Anyone who stopped to think for a minute would know they don't hold water.  But she keeps on.

Agree with Howie.  If Jack Benny was the banker, all the cases would have a nickel and he'd have to go to his safe to get that nickel out.  lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I think that Amy and Stephanie are also trying to start up careers in reality t.v.  Maybe they think by totally focusing on Boston Rob (which they then deny that they are focusing on him) that they, too, can have reality careers.  However, I don't think reality show are quite the launching pad for careers that they were in the early days.  When Survivor first began, the contestants became almost household names.  But, if Boston Rob were to be on Survivor for the first time now, he wouldn't even make much of a blip on the radar.  

So, Amy got $75,000 and was able to choose who went against the banker?  So much for Joe telling us the higher value of the case the less power that person would have.  There are so many times this show just doesn't make any sense to me.  I'm really only 'in' for Rob, but it does sadden me a bit that his hat is just a navy blue hat and not a Boston Red Socks hat.

19 hours ago, Thalia said:

I listened to Aron's exit interview on Chappell's podcast.   The lead takeaway is that he said he would have eliminated Stephanie and not Rob.  

According to Aron, one of the things we didn't see on the show was his friendship with Stephanie.  He said they got along great for much of the show, but that may explain why he was inclined to believe her when she said the lie about Rob.   He said that logically he knew it was true, but she did "get in [his] head," but that the insinuation that he was playing Rob's game was more damaging to Aron's game.  

Aron said his biggest mistake was not trusting Rob during the excursion and trying to show he was his own man.  And he said it definitely was a mistake and he ended up going home because of it. 

He said he knew that Alyssa couldn't be trusted totally, but that they just bonded.  His closest friends were Alyssa, Rob, and Jordan and they are the ones he keeps in contact with.  Aron and Stephanie have "buried the hatchet" but otherwise haven't been in contact. 

I like this idea.  Other good choices?  Jack Benny.  Hetty Green.   Ebeneezer Scrooge.  Montgomery Burns (Simpsons).   Mr. Potter (Its a Wonderful Life) 

Thanks for sharing . I been meaning to listen to that interview but hadn’t had a chance. We won’t know for sure if that was Aron’s plan. I would like to think to think so. These shows are notorious for editing things out and making us try to figure it out using guesswork. Thank goodness for these type of podcasts that explain things like this that weren’t featured on the show. 

I can’t see him being friends with Stephanie but it’s telling they don’t talk anymore. 

Also, did they say something on the show that there was no more visits with the banker at the Temple. What do you think that means ? Automatic elimination , points system? Maybe if Aron had the chance he should have eliminated Rob earlier if this is the case.

I’m glad Aron is friends with Jordan and Rob. They are my two favorites .

• Like 1
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

So, Amy got $75,000 and was able to choose who went against the banker?  So much for Joe telling us the higher value of the case the less power that person would have.  There are so many times this show just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank you! This show was starting to make me feel stupid because I often don't "get" all the rules (although, in fairness, I'm usually multi-tasking while I watch this). It reminds me of that episode of Friends when Ross and Chandler help Joey prepare for a game show audition and the rules of the game are completely bonkers. In this case, however, I think Amy only got to pick because Rob and Aron were given an equal number of marbles and she needed to break the tie.

I think part of my mental block is that when Joe describes the games, it very much sounds like the losers will be the ones to face the banker at the end. And then many of the players decide that they WANT to face the banker and intentionally set out to "lose," so I end up getting very confused about their goals and strategies. I know they keep saying that they want to take their fate in their own hands by facing the banker (a debatable strategy), but it's still counterintuitive to me (I would probably take Jordan's approach- mouth shut, ears open, coast in the middle until the end).

10 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Also, did they say something on the show that there was no more visits with the banker at the Temple. What do you think that means ? Automatic elimination , points system?

I didn't hear that, but I've been guessing for a while that the final game will be played live (or at least live in front of a larger audience and all the eliminated contestants) back at the studio in California, perhaps even the original DoND studio. 

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

And then many of the players decide that they WANT to face the banker and intentionally set out to "lose," so I end up getting very confused about their goals and strategies. I know they keep saying that they want to take their fate in their own hands by facing the banker (a debatable strategy), but it's still counterintuitive to me (I would probably take Jordan's approach- mouth shut, ears open, coast in the middle until the end).

(edited)

Please excuse the double post and please delete the one with the quote above if possible.   After I put the quote in, I was unable to type under it.  Or above it.  Or on either side.  Not sure what happened.  Trying again.

On 5/1/2024 at 10:45 PM, Cherpumple said:

And then many of the players decide that they WANT to face the banker and intentionally set out to "lose," so I end up getting very confused about their goals and strategies. I know they keep saying that they want to take their fate in their own hands by facing the banker (a debatable strategy), but it's still counterintuitive.

You are absolutely correct that not going agains the banker makes the most sense for someone like Jordan, and probably for most players as long as they don't have an enemy playing.  I was scared when Aron went up in the first episode because he had gotten the "Plucky and Endearing!" edit and I didn't want him to leave first thing.  

Rob's reasoning is that since the elimination of Alyssa and Claudia, he has had only one ally, and the remaining contestants see him as Enemy #1.   So while he has a good chance of going home if he players the banker at least he also has the chance to save himself AND to get rid of someone else who wants him out..   But if Nick had won the other night, he would have almost certainly eliminated.   At least that is what I think is going on.   And I suppose Stephanie and Amy don't want Rob to play the banker for the same reason.  

On 5/1/2024 at 10:45 PM, Cherpumple said:

It reminds me of that episode of Friends when Ross and Chandler help Joey prepare for a game show audition and the rules of the game are completely bonkers.

You've been BAMBOOZLED!  :-) 

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 2

This is such a dumb show but at this point, Amy and Stephanie are maybe the most unlikeable reality show contestants I have seen in a long time. I am annoyed that I'm actually annoyed! What is their obsession with Rob???? They spend all day scheming, hooting (literally), and talking shit about him, while he meanwhile sunbathes and keeps turning a darker shade of leather.... They are the schemers and manipulators - everything they have attributed to Rob they actually are. I absolutely loathe them. I want Rob to win, and I guess Jordan would be fine for actually seeing the Night Owls as the mean bitches they are, but she has done little to nothing in this game other than flying under the radar. I will be absolutely bummed if either Amy or Stephanie win.

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

This is such a dumb show but at this point, Amy and Stephanie are maybe the most unlikeable reality show contestants I have seen in a long time. I am annoyed that I'm actually annoyed! What is their obsession with Rob???? They spend all day scheming, hooting (literally), and talking shit about him, while he meanwhile sunbathes and keeps turning a darker shade of leather.... They are the schemers and manipulators - everything they have attributed to Rob they actually are. I absolutely loathe them. I want Rob to win, and I guess Jordan would be fine for actually seeing the Night Owls as the mean bitches they are, but she has done little to nothing in this game other than flying under the radar. I will be absolutely bummed if either Amy or Stephanie win.

My only hope  is that their terrible edit means neither of them wins.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 6

I think any winner other than Rob or Jordan would be a miss for the  audience and network.  But the thing is whoever is the final contestant can still make a bad deal and go home with nothing.  That would be another miss for audience and network. It’s a conundrum.

• Like 3

I love this show even though it's just campy reality trash. The bromance between Rob and Aron was very sweet. I'm glad it was genuine and that they keep in touch and get together outside of the game.

• Like 5

Damn. They really could’ve wrapped this up tonight. I had a feeling they were going to drag out the Amy/Rob last place loser until next week.

Rob should have paid to the rules. If he’s eliminated because he’s in last place, that’s his own fault.

• Like 5

I'm shocked Rob made such a stupid mistake. I don't know if he really wasn't paying attention to the rules or what. On Survivor and most similar shows, that's not against the rules, but people generally don't leave their puzzle/answer up after they move to the next portion of the challenge.

"Kids I hate to tell you, mom doesn't care" was hilarious.

If you don't want to wait until next week, the promo monkeys seem to have given away who comes out of the maze last at the end of the very first episode (when they had a preview for "This season on Deal or No Deal Island"). Tonight's preview seemed spoilery too.

Edited by Badlands
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Badlands said:

I'm shocked Rob made such a stupid mistake. I don't know if he really wasn't paying attention to the rules or what. On Survivor and most similar shows, that's not against the rules, but people generally don't leave their puzzle/answer up after they move to the next portion of the challenge.

"Kids I hate to tell you, mom doesn't care" was hilarious.

If you don't want to wait until next week, the promo monkeys seem to have given away who comes out of the maze last at the end of the very first episode (when they had a preview for "This season on Deal or No Deal Island"). Tonight's preview seemed spoilery too.

So can you tell us and spoiler tag it? 

I really think that Rob thought it was okay after a player left their station because it is so obvious to move over there that the producers would so see it.  But, it's his fault he wasn't paying attention.

This is not a spoiler as I didn't even watch the previews but in my opinion only I think Rob is out and that they didn't show it as some of us might not watch the finale if it's down to 'Night Owls' only.  But, I hope it's Amy who is out as I have been over her for pretty much the whole season when her mean girl self first emerged.  Oh, and Rob's line about 'kids, your mother doesn't care about you'-priceless!  If Rob is out, I hope that he did receive some kind of appearance fee as he deserves it (even for just luring some viewers, such as myself, to the show).

And, really, how much worse was looking at Amy's answer after she left than Stephanie blatantly following Jordan instead of figuring out the route herself?  I know, I know, one was against the given rules and the other wasn't, but still.  For all of the moral superiority that Stephanie publicly gives herself (and then in the confessionals takes delight at how she's lying) it's quite telling how dependant on others she is.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

And, really, how much worse was looking at Amy's answer after she left than Stephanie blatantly following Jordan instead of figuring out the route herself?  I know, I know, one was against the given rules and the other wasn't, but still.  For all of the moral superiority that Stephanie publicly gives herself (and then in the confessionals takes delight at how she's lying) it's quite telling how dependant on others she is.

I do love that Jordan just outran her and left her in the dust.  She turned a corner and found herself all alone.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

So can you tell us and spoiler tag it? 

I just checked out the "This season on DONDI" trailer at the end of Episode 1.   It shows Jordan and Stephanie greet someone as they run out of the maze and it does look like a spoiler.  

Spoiler

Amy runs out of the maze and collapses.   She looks happy.  Stephanie and Jordan look happy.  You can also see a man behind her in the maze, but it wasn't Rob, who was wearing a red top and light colored shorts.  The man in the maze is probably part of production who had been following Amy.  

My first and overwhelming reaction begins with an F and ends with a K.  I suppose it is possible that they are all just celebrating Amy finishing, even in 4th place, rather than spending eternity running around the maze after everyone else leaves the Banker's island.   So I'll keep a smidgen of hope.  

I still can't believe that Boston Rob made such a boneheaded move.  He's always discussing his strategic genius.  He's not a child.  Surely at some point in his life he learned the importance of paying attention to the rules of whatever game you're playing.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm pissed.

In the final two episodes, 4 things need to happen - 3 contestants are eliminated and the final person wins the money.

So what happened in the "first part of the two episode finale"?  NONE OF THOSE FOUR THINGS.  They'll eliminate the slowest person in the first minute, eliminate the lowest value case in the next 5, then have another 40 minutes to do the other two things.

If this show gets another season (and I'm not sure I'd care as much if Rob isn't in it), I'll know the second to last episode is a waste of time.

Oh yeah, and how could Rob not have understood you can't look at somebody's table?  I love the game, but that's 100% his fault.

• Like 4

I love Rob, but he had to know he wasn't supposed to look. Even if he wasn't paying attention when Joe was explaining the rules, what did he think the blinders on each station were for? lol I still want him to win.

When he was waiting for Jordan to figure out the number so that his penalty time could begin to run, I was wondering what would happen if he just told her the number. No one said that was against the rules. It probably would have been okay if he'd figured it out himself, just like it was apparently okay for Stephanie to follow Jordan, but since he'd already broken a rule, it likely would have gotten him bounced on the spot. Which is a shame because if it worked, Amy and Stephanie would be bitter about it forever and I feel okay about that.

Amy should have been eliminated for never closing her mouth when she chews.

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

This is not a spoiler as I didn't even watch the previews but in my opinion only I think Rob is out and that they didn't show it as some of us might not watch the finale if it's down to 'Night Owls' only. 

I hate how much sense this makes. I'd still watch the finale, but if it's just the Night Owls, I'll be hate-watching it.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 3

My prediction for now is that Rob is eliminated. I feel like the edit is trying to give me false hope of Amy getting lost and being slow and Rob being a nonstop thoroughbred racehorse that eventually passes Amy.

If that's right and Rob is eliminated, my only motivation for watching is seeing Stephanie lose. That's it. I don't care who wins the game as long as it's not Stephanie. If Rob sticks around, then I'm rooting for Rob to take it all.

27 minutes ago, TAG42481 said:

Oh yeah, and how could Rob not have understood you can't look at somebody's table?  I love the game, but that's 100% his fault.

Does that mean Amy also had to stop wherever she was? I feel like it would be completely unfair for Stephanie and Jordan to wait while they go through and explain Rob's rule-breaking while Amy is allowed to wander in the maze.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Does that mean Amy also had to stop wherever she was? I feel like it would be completely unfair for Stephanie and Jordan to wait while they go through and explain Rob's rule-breaking while Amy is allowed to wander in the maze.

This has been bothering me since last night.  I have to assume that there was someone in the maze to sit her down while they made their decision on what to do with Rob.  

And I do think that any other player, except maybe Aron (WHO WOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE RULES), would have been eliminated on the spot and the only question would be who got the lowest case.  

• Like 2

If Rob passes Amy and is not the last one in, he has become quite the actor.  His demeanor and body language in his interviews makes him appear to be genuinely distraught.  He does not appear to be hiding his sly smile.

The show got what it wanted, in that Rob is relevant to the finale.  Even if he's eliminated two minutes into it.

• Like 6

As others have said, Rob is the only reason I watched this.  Not because I'm infatuated with him, but he was the only interesting element.  I was curious to see what they would do with him.  Had he been eliminated early, I would have stopped.  Did they do whatever they had to do to keep him in?  I dunno...but here we are.  If he goes immediately, I can fast forward to the end and either rejoice in Stephanie losing or be enraged by her winning.  The rest is just filler.

• Like 10
51 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

As others have said, Rob is the only reason I watched this.  Not because I'm infatuated with him, but he was the only interesting element.  I was curious to see what they would do with him.  Had he been eliminated early, I would have stopped.  Did they do whatever they had to do to keep him in?  I dunno...but here we are.  If he goes immediately, I can fast forward to the end and either rejoice in Stephanie losing or be enraged by her winning.  The rest is just filler.

Maybe we'll clock out early if Stephanie has the lowest case and Rob is also the slowest. They both get eliminated in the first 5 minutes and the mission will be accomplished.

• Like 1