Type keyword(s) to search

S28:07:Week 7

• Start Topic

(edited)

Maria really played that one poorly, that was hard to watch. Its hard to tell if this was all a play to get a quick rose or if it was her insecurities coming out to cause problems, or some combination of both, but she was lucky to get a rose after that mess. I really applaud Joey for having the backbone to push back on what seemed like a half assed ultimatum and politely but firmly called Maria out on trying to force him to proclaim her as his one and only. I have no idea if Maria really has always been a manipulative mean girl all along or if all of the drama has just flared her insecurities up, but either way its not a great look. 

It was funny seeing her come back after her big dramatic "I must go!" exit to be all shrinking violet, "sorry, don't know what came over me, I am so silly..."

Joey really is one of the best bachelors we've had in ages, Joey not only seems like a nice guy he's fun to watch on camera but never feels like he's performing. We've had entertaining guys who came off as jerks, and nice guys who weren't very interesting on camera, its great to have both. I really do think I have a decent handle on him as a person, its not just saying Bachelor lines or waiting for the women to stop talking so they can make out, he really does seem to be here to make a connection. 

I previously thought that Maria might take the whole thing home but she seriously knocked herself down this week, Joey is not the kind of guy who likes games, so maybe its Kelsey? He also seems very into Daisy but they might mutually agree that its not the right time. I was truly shocked when Joey gave Daisy the rose after she said she wasn't falling in love with him yet, that's normally always a deal breaker, they usually require at least a "I'm falling for you" before home towns. That really says a lot about Joey and Daisy.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

It was funny seeing her come back after her big dramatic "I must go!" exit to be all shrinking violet, "sorry, don't know what came over me, I am so silly..."

It all struck me as very much a teenager’s behavior—-“ I must leave at once!” then five minutes later, “ I didn’t mean it, I’m sorry,”—-then  “I’m not kissing you after you kissed Jenn,” then planting a kiss on him right after.

Or, if Maria thinks she’d playing hard to get, well that won’t work on a show where if you flounce out, you’re done.

I really liked Lexi and I appreciated her very real conversation with Joey.

I think Joey is fantastic, by the way, just for how he seems to actually pay attention to what each girl says when they are with him, and the gentle way he asks appropriate follow-up questions that show he’s truly listening to them.

Plus he’s so cute!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I'm so angry! Don't go to Yahoo's home page if you don't want to be spoiled as to who Joey chooses as his F1. They had it displayed clear as day on the home page without clicking on a link. 😡

• Mind Blown 7

As usual, I'm a day behind on the episode.

When Daisy said she wasn't in love yet, did she mean she was really about 20 minutes away? By the time they strapped on those skates, seemed like she was ringing the bell.

Did Jenn get a one-on-one?  You'd think she would have mentioned it 38 times if she hadn't.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Maria came off as pretty insecure this week- why did she have to play games and act like she was leaving? Joey should've stood up and opened the door- that would've really made her squirm. I'm looking forward to hometowns next week- I'm ready for overly excited moms, elaborate table settings in Air B and B homes, and tense dad conversations 👨‍🦳🛋️👨‍🦱! When will we see Joey's uncle again? That man is a delightful shit talker! 😄  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 3

Just wondering where Kelsey (or production?) found the STRING BIKINI for the polar plunge. It was uncomfortable as hell watching Kelsey trying to manipulate the piece of dental floss while exiting the water. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Just wondering where Kelsey (or production?) found the STRING BIKINI for the polar plunge. It was uncomfortable as hell watching Kelsey trying to manipulate the piece of dental floss while exiting the water. 

I'm sure they told her to pack one for the date as clearly this whole plunge was set up by production.  Bad choice on her part.

I don't think Maria was trying to be manipulative, I think she was being honest. Just like he doesn't want to be left alone at the end, she doesn't either.  I think she is really into him and just wanted some reassurance.  Which he really didn't give her.  Either he's truly still undecided or he knows that she's not the one.  I don't get why these shows are so one-sided.  The bachelor/ette can demand all the reassurances in the world but the contestants are just supposed to go along for the ride and not be upset that they have no idea where they stand.  And so often now the leads tell multiple people that they're in love with them, so even that's not really a reassurance of anything.   Joey seemed annoyed by the whole thing and I actually thought that seemed really unfair of him.  It was the first time he seemed somewhat cold and checked out.

I also thought it was strange that he didn't walk Jen or Kelsey T out.  It seems like this late in the process they usually walk them out to at least give some closure.  This was just a super quick hug and go run to the limo.  Again it just seemed kind of cold of Joey.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Joey has flat affect when it comes to goodbyes.  Usually, Bachelors tear up by this point and talk it out with the rejects, but Joey gave a quick office-hug back pat and sent them walking.  I don't expect him to pull a Mesnick 😭, but at least have some sad eyes and a frown, Joey! 😏

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Oh, come on Maria, that was incredibly manipulative & I cracked up when Joey called her bluff. He’s a smart man & Maria may have burned her boats with him. We’ll see. And BTW, she’s no introvert. Believe me, I know ‘em when I see ‘em. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
(edited)

I think Joey is the best bachelor I’ve ever seen on this show.  He was thisclose to opening the door for Maria to leave.  And Maria, I think, is just freaking out, not being manipulative. 
Kelsey A has gorgeous hair.  I think she’s sweet and delightful and no drama or games.  Daisy is still my favorite, bravo to her for saying how she feels. 
I also think on this episode, Joey was about to spiral. He’s really worried about being rejected and Maria and Daisy threw him for a loop.

MN person here too, living in Western Wisconsin. It’s true that we have clubs who swim in the winter all the time through an open hole in the ice.  There’s Harriet Magic Hole and Nokomis Bifrost, among the many.  We had a strangely warm winter, but you can check them out on instagram.  The pics are worth it. I’m not that crazy lol. 

ETA as a lifelong horse person, the added-in whinnying sounds while the camera shows horses who are clearly not whinnying, it drives me crazy. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 5

Did Daisy always have such severe vocal fry? I've got nothing against vocal fry but it seems like it showed up along with her doubts.

Didn't Maria's mom abandon her? Her meltdown looked like someone with abandonment issues/ anxious attachment being triggered. She strikes me as someone who is deeply wounded and acts confident (arrogant to some) because it's a coping strategy that has worked for her.

I think Kelsey will be the final pick. It could have been Daisy but she's just not that into him.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Soobs said:

Did Daisy always have such severe vocal fry? I've got nothing against vocal fry but it seems like it showed up along with her doubts.

Didn't Maria's mom abandon her? Her meltdown looked like someone with abandonment issues/ anxious attachment being triggered. She strikes me as someone who is deeply wounded and acts confident (arrogant to some) because it's a coping strategy that has worked for her.

I think Kelsey will be the final pick. It could have been Daisy but she's just not that into him.

Maria and her mom were in an accident and her mother was severely injured breaking most of the bones in he4r body requiring years of healing so she was unable to look after Maria, IIRC.    So it wasn’t a deliberate abandoning, but ….

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 2/26/2024 at 9:08 PM, seacliffsal said:

think we saw Maria's true self.  She has been manipulative (IMO) the entire season but knows how to hide it and cause others to over react.  Tonight she tried to manipulate Joey into begging her to stay but it didn't work.  She sure back peddled after, once again, crying without any tears.  I'm always interested in what she wears because, as she told us, she's an introvert and doesn't put herself 'out there.' 

I liked her well enough before but after this I was hoping he'd let her leave. I don't think she'll make it to the final three. 

Joey seems like a nice guy but I'm not as into this season. I think it's the women. I guess if I had to choose, I'd want him to pick Kelsey. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
On 2/27/2024 at 1:55 AM, LakeGal said:

I think Jenn could be an interesting Bachelorette if she doesn't win this season.  

I think she should be the next Bachelorette. She´s one of the prettiest and most gorgeous women to ever be on the Bachelor. I´d say she was similar to Emily, the men would be going nuts over her and not faking it. I was mad at Joey for sending her home, I wanted to see her at least get to home-towns. The only thing wrong with her is the way she talks, she like, says like a lot.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, halkatla said:

I think she should be the next Bachelorette. She´s one of the prettiest and most gorgeous women to ever be on the Bachelor. I´d say she was similar to Emily, the men would be going nuts over her and not faking it. I was mad at Joey for sending her home, I wanted to see her at least get to home-towns. The only thing wrong with her is the way she talks, she like, says like a lot.

I think Jen would be good only because we need an Asian lead for representation. However, she was dead to me ever since she was all ho-hum about the that synchronized drone display!! She has looks and diversity, but she brings nothing else to the table, IMO. I truly know nothing about her and haven’t seen much of a personality. I think it’s going to come down to Kelsey or Daisy—whichever one doesn’t win will be the lead. A wildcard choice would be Maria, as she has some Hannah Brown spunky (and/or annoying) vibes—but I think she’s most likely a shoo-in for Paradise. And there is also apparently still someone there named Rachel?!? I swear I only noticed her last week because there was hardly anyone else left in the house. I think she somehow skated into the final 4 as a default of liking others less, rather than her more. But I don’t know anything about her, either, so maybe there’s more to both Rachel and Jen than what we’re aware of—but neither is getting a winner/lead edit.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I think Jen would be good only because we need an Asian lead for representation. However, she was dead to me ever since she was all ho-hum about the that synchronized drone display!! She has looks and diversity, but she brings nothing else to the table, IMO. I truly know nothing about her and haven’t seen much of a personality. I think it’s going to come down to Kelsey or Daisy—whichever one doesn’t win will be the lead. A wildcard choice would be Maria, as she has some Hannah Brown spunky (and/or annoying) vibes—but I think she’s most likely a shoo-in for Paradise. And there is also apparently still someone there named Rachel?!? I swear I only noticed her last week because there was hardly anyone else left in the house. I think she somehow skated into the final 4 as a default of liking others less, rather than her more. But I don’t know anything about her, either, so maybe there’s more to both Rachel and Jen than what we’re aware of—but neither is getting a winner/lead edit.

I’m underwhelmed by Jen. She wouldn’t be my pick. Few of the others really stand out to me either though. I also forgot who Rachel was!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I agree with all this.

Jenn is beautiful and it’s about time for an Asian lead.

But I also found her off-putting. The nonchalance at that gorgeous drone display, and the at least three times she spoke about wanting to get naked, and smooching Joey in front of all the other girls.

I think she’s too aggressive. She has that in common with Maria but in a different way.

IMO a guy who claims to hate drama would not do well long-term with girls who want to stir the pot all the time.

I like  Rachel and she seems down to earth, but I don’t see a romantic connection.

• Like 7

Random thoughts here… I believe Joey likes Rachel. But not romantically and I think that’s reciprocated. He doesn’t mind carrying her far because she won’t be heartbroken when he lets her go. Maria is fun and challenging but, well, you know. More trouble than she’s worth. Production wants to keep her for drama. And she WILL provide.  

And does anyone believe Joey didn’t know who to give the group date rose? More manipulated drama.

As far as the rose ceremony, I could have pinned the tail on those 2 donkeys wearing a blindfold. 

The only two he’s shown a romantic interest in are Daisy and KA, and I think with Daisy it’s just intrigue. 
Regarding the next bachelorette, I hope it is not Daisy. She is too difficult to understand and I get that with her hearing/speech issues. I can’t watch a whole season wondering what she said. 

• Useful 1
On 2/29/2024 at 12:51 AM, Soobs said:

Yes. It's been annoying me all along.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:02 PM, DEL901 said:

Ohhhh, Joey just called Maria’s bluff.  He is a nice guy, but he also has a backbone.   

On 2/26/2024 at 10:48 PM, oakville said:

I think Maria is the most demanding of all of the remaining contestants.

I was genuinely appalled when she first told him that she would not be kissing him because he kissed someone else, and she told him he needed to "learn your lesson".  Yes, I am aware that she then planted a big one on his lips, but it is said that in jest resides some truth. I think that a part of her absolutely believes he did something wrong. When I told my husband about this, he imitated what he would have done, which was to immediately get a cold look in his eyes and say very calmly and coolly, "Oh I learned my lesson", and walk out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Daisy's vocal fry is directly related to her hearing loss.

She cannot hear herself speak normally, which causes her to speak in a lower tone than normal.

It's unfortunate that she keeps getting dragged vis a vis her disability.

My cousin spoke in an extremely soft voice due to a lifelong muscle disorder, so I'm a bit sensitive.  She passed last year due to that disorder, and whenever people would say bad things about her voice, I got defensive for her.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Hugs 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Daisy's vocal fry is directly related to her hearing loss.

She cannot hear herself speak normally, which causes her to speak in a lower tone than normal.

It's unfortunate that she keeps getting dragged vis a vis her disability.

My cousin spoke in an extremely soft voice due to a lifelong muscle disorder, so I'm a bit sensitive.  She passed last year due to that disorder, and whenever people would say bad things about her voice, I got defensive for her.

I'm so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing, and you're a very loving cousin to defend her whenever people made remarks about her voice.  I can relate to Abigail of Matt James season and Daisy in this season since I was born partially deaf.  I went to speech therapy until I was 10 years old.  Even with amazing speech therapy, my voice has a slightly slower cadence that has to do with not hearing everything and subconsciously sounding out what I'm saying.  I had a bitchy college roommate who poked fun at me by slowing her voice down and she'd mimic words in the way that I was saying them.  It really upset me, and I stood up for myself each time and I ultimately moved to a different dorm room that year.

I have a beautiful voice that's unique and a little different than others.  Daisy is a sweet girl who has overcome a lot, and she has worked very hard to adjust to the cochlear implant. Whether she is picked by Joey or not, she's a lovely girl and I know she'll make a great wife someday. 🙂💯

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I'm so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing, and you're a very loving cousin to defend her whenever people made remarks about her voice.  I can relate to Abigail of Matt James season and Daisy in this season since I was born partially deaf.  I went to speech therapy until I was 10 years old.  Even with amazing speech therapy, my voice has a slightly slower cadence that has to do with not hearing everything and subconsciously sounding out what I'm saying.  I had a bitchy college roommate who poked fun at me by slowing her voice down and she'd mimic words in the way that I was saying them.  It really upset me, and I stood up for myself each time and I ultimately moved to a different dorm room that year.

I have a beautiful voice that's unique and a little different than others.  Daisy is a sweet girl who has overcome a lot, and she has worked very hard to adjust to the cochlear implant. Whether she is picked by Joey or not, she's a lovely girl and I know she'll make a great wife someday. 🙂💯

Oh my, so you know exactly what Daisy is going through.

Getting dragged on social media for her disability is horrific.

I recently got to know a woman who speaks in a frankly odd, methodical manner that makes her sound unintelligent.  In a moment of vulnerability, she shared that she has a horrible stutter, and that years of speech therapy have taught her to speak this way so as to calm the stutter.  Oh, and she happens to have a graduate degree, so those who think she's unintelligent can pound sand.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Oh my, so you know exactly what Daisy is going through.

Getting dragged on social media for her disability is horrific.

I recently got to know a woman who speaks in a frankly odd, methodical manner that makes her sound unintelligent.  In a moment of vulnerability, she shared that she has a horrible stutter, and that years of speech therapy have taught her to speak this way so as to calm the stutter.  Oh, and she happens to have a graduate degree, so those who think she's unintelligent can pound sand.

Yes indeed, I do know what Daisy is going through 🙂.  I never needed a cochlear implant, but I recognize how she halts her speech sometimes, has difficulty hearing when noises are coming from different directions, and sounds out words due to her hearing disability.  Daisy is adapting very well to her cochlear implant so far.  It will take her a while to fully make sense of all of the noises that she is hearing/processing- especially since she got the cochlear implant only a few months before being cast on The Bachelor. 

That woman you met overcame a lot of adversity and I commend her for going to speech therapy and getting a graduate degree!  I went to art college and majored in product design with a minor in watercolor 😊.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:
On 2/26/2024 at 10:48 PM, oakville said:

I was genuinely appalled when she first told him that she would not be kissing him because he kissed someone else, and she told him he needed to "learn your lesson". 

From what the previews show, if they’re not taken out of context, I think Maria’s dad will be very much about Joey having to tread carefully so as not to hurt his daughter. Or else.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1

No one has specifically referred to what I said about hoping Daisy is not the bachelorette, but I want to qualify my statement. 
Like Joey, I’m in awe of her resiliency and progression with her implant. I just don’t think that she’s a lead character just yet. It’s not personal. I just find myself tense and strained to hear her. Maybe in time Daisy could be. But personally I think Daisy has a bigger picture in mind than just bachelorette. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I don't quite agree.  I think that she is pretty insecure and that the extroversion is a cover.  Her mistake was in not recognizing that Joey is also insecure and needs the women to reassure him rather than the other way around.  And she didn't know that Daisy had been playing the "do I love you?  Maayybee" card the night before.  She needed reassurance and he wasn't in a place to give it to her.  I don't think it was quite as thought through as her being manipulative.  I think she was melting from the pressure.

I can understand why the pressure would have hit at this moment, she's spent the previous weeks battling internally with girls who had no real connection with Joey. It occupied her time and she always won those battles, now that they're down to a small knot of girls with whom he does have a visible connection, it's a big difference in the atmosphere.

I was a little surprised by Joey's muted response to it, but it also kind of tracks with their whole dynamic. He's called her a wild card and unpredictable since the start, so this bobble was probably not a total surprise. 

As far as the rose ceremony, I could have pinned the tail on those 2 donkeys wearing a blindfold. 

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did. And yes, once Rachel got a rose, the doomed were obvious. (And like others in this thread, the fact that there is a Rachel gave me a moment's pause too. I know her to look at her when the show is on, but her name hasn't clicked. And I think she's cannon fodder for hometown week.)

Jen is beautiful and she put in a respectable effort to form a connection, but there's something inherently flat about her. Like she seems like the kind who could form that exact same connection with any guy they slotted into the Bachelor role, whereas Daisy seems genuinely connected with Joey himself.

For that reason, Jen would probably make a fine Bachelorette, forging a generic relationship with multiple people is pretty much the gig. She's very pretty, she went far in the process and will likely get called to the heartbreak spotlight couch with Jesse at the Women Tell All, so she would be the perfect candidate if they're looking to cast their first Asian lead. She didn't do too hot on her Bachelorette audition in the van though, not enough tears and shock. 

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Like 5