Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I have to say that as someone that eventually quit the show because of pacing and constant re-focusing to a bunch of C stories for episodes at a time to delay pay off on any kind of story I cared about to the point that I no longer cared....

I am so happy, that Michonne and Rick aren't going to spend the entirety of the series separated with near miss reunions.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

OK who was that actor who played Matt, and where has he been all my life? He's so naturalistic and super charismatic.

I knew that he was going to die by the end, but when he was still alive at the big reunion I got my hopes up. Stupid show.

Jadis is a lot more intimidating here than she was on the original, good on you Polly.

Wow this was so so good.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

For me, again it was just ok. A lot of exposition so far, but now the story is set up for the next 4 episodes at least, which means there will certainly be a cliffhanger at the end of the season. I'm not really looking forward to the CRM stuff with Jadis, who is not a character I enjoy. 

The actor who played Nat was fantastic in that role. I'm sorry to see him go after one episode. I was also sorry to see Okafur go last week. 

Mostly, I just don't feel a thing for Rick and Michonne as a couple. They are both played by good actors, but the chemistry is not there for me, the way it was for Glenn and Maggie. So the reunion that we all waited years for left me cold. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

I never bought Rick and Michonne as a couple.  Seemed totally contrived.   The new show is giving Danai a little more room to exercise her acting skills and show her personality.   That's something I guess.  Rick is a grizzled bore.

Now that she and Rick are both part of whatever the dystopian city is called, I suspect the show will rapidly start looking like the last couple seasons of TWD.

Nat was good.   I liked him as Anthony in Sex and the City/And Just Like That, too.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mr. Sparkle said:

... there will certainly be a cliffhanger at the end of the season.

You think? I've been under the impression that they aren't coming back to the franchise for good, that this is just closure for the fans. Is that not the case?

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Starchild said:

You think? I've been under the impression that they aren't coming back to the franchise for good, that this is just closure for the fans. Is that not the case?

Actually, I think you are correct, most google searches indicate this is a one and done season. If so, they have 4 episodes to tell this story. 

• Like 2

This is proving to be a much much better series than I was frankly expecting as I'm rarely all that invested in big romantic pairings. But I admit that Andy Lincoln and Danai Gurira do have some pretty terrific chemistry and play well off each other. And we finally get some concrete answers to one of the longest teases in TV history in answer to what about the black helicopters. So I'm all in.

I'm sorry to see Nat come and go so quickly as he was one of the better new characters we've seen across the franchise in some time. The actor was solid and the character felt pretty well developed for someone we just met. But because it's this franchise, we can't ever have nice things. 

The reunion was lovely and because it's been almost as long real time as it has show time since they saw each other, it mostly felt earned. But you could already see that Michonne was mostly powering through her happiness at finding him to the point that she was blowing past every red flag Rick was waving. Rick has clearly been cowed and beaten down by his time with the CRM and hasn't been able to successfully escape in how many years, but you're going to just smile and nod and go along with allowing yourself to be captured by people who tell you point blank you're never allowed to leave because oh, he'll figure something out? When she rightly clocks his mention of "one of my last times I tried" to get out, he's shifty and evasive in waving it away as oh they had him trapped but they don't have him now. Say what? Then why are we here?

Mostly, I'm now just curious about what existing "deal" Rick has had with Jadis of the bad bowl cut. That can't end well.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Some form of mutually assured destruction? After all, she brought him in as a "B" knowing full well he was an "A". Senior management is going to have some questions about that.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

This is proving to be a much much better series than I was frankly expecting as I'm rarely all that invested in big romantic pairings. But I admit that Andy Lincoln and Danai Gurira do have some pretty terrific chemistry and play well off each other. And we finally get some concrete answers to one of the longest teases in TV history in answer to what about the black helicopters. So I'm all in.

I'm sorry to see Nat come and go so quickly as he was one of the better new characters we've seen across the franchise in some time. The actor was solid and the character felt pretty well developed for someone we just met. But because it's this franchise, we can't ever have nice things. 

The reunion was lovely and because it's been almost as long real time as it has show time since they saw each other, it mostly felt earned. But you could already see that Michonne was mostly powering through her happiness at finding him to the point that she was blowing past every red flag Rick was waving. Rick has clearly been cowed and beaten down by his time with the CRM and hasn't been able to successfully escape in how many years, but you're going to just smile and nod and go along with allowing yourself to be captured by people who tell you point blank you're never allowed to leave because oh, he'll figure something out? When she rightly clocks his mention of "one of my last times I tried" to get out, he's shifty and evasive in waving it away as oh they had him trapped but they don't have him now. Say what? Then why are we here?

Mostly, I'm now just curious about what existing "deal" Rick has had with Jadis of the bad bowl cut. That can't end well.

Michonne recognized the red flags. That's why swallowed telling Rick about his son. He sensed she suddenly held back, but she assured him that Judith was good and they would talk more when they got home.

It was tough watching Rick trying to cover up the pain of being trapped. And this was before Jadis ambushes him. He's going to be a wreck if he doesn't outright tell Michonne that CRM will destroy Alexandria. At least she will know what he's burdened with.

• Like 4

Now that I've seen both Rick and Michonne's separate "time jumps" I'm actually feeling very confident that Danai will land these 4 episodes, easily. She's got a far better sense of pacing than anybody they've had in the writer's room since AMC stole the show out from under Darabont.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Michonne recognized the red flags. That's why swallowed telling Rick about his son.

OK I've been wondering why Rick didn't ask about RJ. It's been a while and I haven't rewatched, so she didn't know she was pregnant until after he disappeared?

• Like 1

Have they ever explained why Jadis was hanging out in a junkyard with a bunch of weirdos who all talked like they were extras in a Mad Max movie? 

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Starchild said:

OK I've been wondering why Rick didn't ask about RJ. It's been a while and I haven't rewatched, so she didn't know she was pregnant until after he disappeared?

That is correct. RJ just appeared one day in what I thought was a dream sequence but he was real. Then a flashback episode showed her pregnant. I was hoping they would show the birth/struggles and that RJ would be the thing that bought them all together. But everyone was still pretty ticked off at her by the time he was born so we didn't get to see any of the OGs form a bond with him the way they had with Judith. I felt like they could have taken the focus off the other C characters and put some emphasis on RJ. As a long time fan who rarely criticizes the show I felt like I was owed at least that 😂. Hell even Negan didn't seem too concerned and he liked all of Rick's kids.

Michonne 100% waived all those red flags and it would have been unrealistic if she didn't. All she left behind and sacrificed to find him, our girl wasn't going to let a little thing like a 200,000 people town and powerful army keep her from her man. Ride or die since the day they met. This was a very realistic reunion considering the circumstances. Especially since as far as the two of them know, all the communities are still in sort of a limbo and shambles. Rick last left with the conflict between the communities with the saviors. By the time Michonne left, all the communities were a little divided but barely hanging on after the Whisperers attacked. She was not there for the final war with them so she has no idea they are all safe and have toilet paper and water again.

Deaths missed (Rick)

Saddiq, Enid, Tara, Rosita, Alden, Jesus, Laura (tattoo neck savior) (bolded are the ones that will probably hurt the worse)

Deaths missed (Michonne)

Rosita and Luke

• Like 5
On 3/4/2024 at 8:55 PM, nodorothyparker said:

ings. 

The reunion was lovely and because it's been almost as long real time as it has show time since they saw each other, it mostly felt earned.

I agree.  I also thought Danai really sold nearly dying during the gas attack, and essentially powering through a months long recovery. 

• Like 3

I think Michoone should have told Rick about RJ as that would have provided the extra motivation for Rick to come up with a plan (after all, he may love Judith, but she may still be Shane's biological daughter...).  I would totally trust Rick in this situation as he has lived within this community and understands their ruthlessness and that they would totally have started a search to find those responsible for downing the helicopter and killing their soldiers.  Various posters have identified that Rick mentioned "one of the last times I tried to escape" which was a red flag, but there are a whole lot of factors that enter into this.

Really sorry to see Michonne's travel companion die as I really liked him.  Oh well.  Instead it looks like I'm stuck watching Jadis who I never liked in the first place.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 8:23 AM, seacliffsal said:

I think Michoone should have told Rick about RJ as that would have provided the extra motivation for Rick to come up with a plan (after all, he may love Judith, but she may still be Shane's biological daughter...).  I would totally trust Rick in this situation as he has lived within this community and understands their ruthlessness and that they would totally have started a search to find those responsible for downing the helicopter and killing their soldiers.  Various posters have identified that Rick mentioned "one of the last times I tried to escape" which was a red flag, but there are a whole lot of factors that enter into this.

Really sorry to see Michonne's travel companion die as I really liked him.  Oh well.  Instead it looks like I'm stuck watching Jadis who I never liked in the first place.

When Rick was trying to explain his way out of "last times", I saw some of the same vulnerability he had when they were stuck under Negan. He isn't under the humiliation he suffered under Negan, but he has been thwarted, and even if he did escape, those he loves will be killed. Same threat that kept him under Negan. I think Michonne recognized his angst and wisely determined that the info would only bring him more pain and guilt for not being able to get back to Alexandria.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Instead it looks like I'm stuck watching Jadis who I never liked in the first place.

They would have been better off dropping the character altogether. Jadis is/was probably the most ill-conceived and poorly received character the franchise ever dreamed up. Trying to fix her now is basically akin to polishing a turd. I think Gimple is either stubbornly determined to make this character work and/or the show is very attached to Pollyanna McIntosh.

• Like 3

Michonne mentioned something about taking the CRM down. I think that they will have to do that to keep Alexandria safe. And if anyone can do that  it is Rick and Michonne.

• Like 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, margol29 said:

Michonne mentioned something about taking the CRM down. I think that they will have to do that to keep Alexandria safe. And if anyone can do that  it is Rick and Michonne.

But what does that look like? How are just the two of them supposed to "take down" this huge city with a huge military? It's not as if they can just take out Terry O'Quinn and the whole place will fall apart. Or that everyone will suddenly see the light and decide to be all good and stuff. I don't see any realistic way for them to conquer CRM single handed. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

I liked the little person firebug guy Nat.  At this point, I would much rather be watching a series about him.  I was looking forward to this series, and seeing how Michonne and Rick would get back together, but the reality doesn't match the expectation.  The new group was a nice surprise, but the rest of the series sounds dull as dishwater to me.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, rmontro said:

I liked the little person firebug guy Nat.  At this point, I would much rather be watching a series about him.  I was looking forward to this series, and seeing how Michonne and Rick would get back together, but the reality doesn't match the expectation.  The new group was a nice surprise, but the rest of the series sounds dull as dishwater to me.

Agreed, if the next 4 episodes are all about a struggle with the CRM, I'm not going to enjoy it. We saw it with World Beyond, and it was boring then. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping there is no struggle with the CRM because that is just too unrealistic. It seems to me only 4 people are unhappy and 1 of them is dead. The people there are safe, happy and fed. Given the choice of "going back out there" and living under CRM, yeah GIMME A C GIMME AN R GIMME A M .. CRM to the end. But keep in mind - I cannot run, fight, kill so much as a bug and I have severe OCD. So perhaps I'm not a good example. 

I hope this show is about how they escape to get back to their families. Leave the other 200,000 people to fend for themselves. This is not their fight.

Also if Esteban dies, I riot.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I don't understand why the CRM wants to create more walkers by waging chemical warfare. Otherwise, this was a pretty good episode. 

Rick mentioned they somehow figured out how to use them to power the windmills and energy. I vaguely recall Dead City and walkers in Paris were serving the same purpose. 

In World Beyond they were also using them to find a cause or a cure. 

• Like 2

Wailers...🙄really?!🤦🏻‍♂️

Michonne: when I find Rick, you're all coming back to live with us.

Me: they're all walker chum.

Husband: I'll get you some food; you need to eat.

Me: she's pregnant

Michonne: you're pregnant.

🛎️🛎️🛎️🛎️🛎️ 😏

On 3/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, millennium said:

Nat was good.   I liked him as Anthony in Sex and the City/And Just Like That, too.

Nat was awesome, giving total Anthony Marrantino vibes. He drew me in 100% in just a scene or two and added a bit of severely-needed levity. Then they kill him off, naturally, and I'm reminded why I put off watching this show for three weeks. Bleh.

• Like 1