Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03 You're Not The Queen Of The Group

• Start Topic

Schwartz hatches a scheme to bring the gang back together; Ariana sets firm boundaries with everyone regarding her ex-boyfriend; Katie and Scheana make a promise to prioritize their friendship: a shocking admission shakes Lisa Vanderpump to the core.

Wow, not sure if I will be able to make it thru this season!

• EMO night was lame as hell. 
  • Go away, Billie Lee, you desperate fame whore! I don't believe your claims that people said nasty things to you, not to mention knew who you even are.
  • I was alarmed at them getting hangover IVs. 😲
  • Sandoval visits wisely matron Lisa Vanderbucks and confides he was suicidal. I am betting we'll be seeing a suicide hotline blurb at the end of this ep.
  • I was amused at the cahier giving LaLa and Ariana a dirty look.
  • Wow, the news about Shwartz's brother came out of nowhere! How sad.
  • Hey, it's the SUR alley!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I actually decided to watch this crap tonight and was almost immediately reminded of why I abandoned this show years ago.  FFS, these people are 40, or pushing 40, and they seem to have learned nothing.  Everyone is insufferable, save Flat Iron's assistant, Ann, and the pets.  Fortunately, my brain attempted to save itself by sleeping through at least a quarter of this mess.  

Very sad when I miss the days of Jax's chunky sweater, Stassi's "it's all about me" birthday month, Tequila Katie, Schwartz panicking over any kind of work and Kristen, who looked as though she smelled like a truck stop, declaring how hot and attractive they all were.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7

The viewers are not stupid, the minute Sheana said she was getting up to go to the bathroom I knew what was up.  She intended to encounter Sandoval or production encouraged her to do so.  Come on now.

I heard the Nema (from Shahs) podcast with Sheana and I found him credible.  I thought Nema said he was at a wedding with Rachel and she saw Craig from Southern Charm at the bar and she made a B-Line for him.  Page broke it up immediately.  Rachel was in a mental health treatment center and Sandoval had to talk her down.  Generally they don’t allow cell phones in that type of facility so how did Rachel even know about the podcast and what Nema said.  They usually have landlines for use a short time each day.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

There is no revelation of Tom Sandoval's (thoughts of suicide?  bullshit!)  that would change my opinion of him - that's he's the lowest, shittiest worm in the whole world.  He's upset because there wasn't instant forgiveness given to him by the group.  Schwartz is a spineless little fuck - that hasn't changed.  Who are all these new "friends" of Sandoval's - they are just there for him to speak more about himself and whine how people done him wrong!  He is so shallow and insincere. 

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Tom says he was suicidal and I believe him.  His whole show’s premise is people drinking and cheating on each other so I’m sure he was thrown by the vitriol coming from all sides/media/social media.  

I will always feel for anyone going through that kind of darkness, even if it is of their own making.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

The viewers are not stupid, the minute Sheana said she was getting up to go to the bathroom I knew what was up.  She intended to encounter Sandoval or production encouraged her to do so.  Come on now.

I heard the Nema (from Shahs) podcast with Sheana and I found him credible.  I thought Nema said he was at a wedding with Rachel and she saw Craig from Southern Charm at the bar and she made a B-Line for him.  Page broke it up immediately.  Rachel was in a mental health treatment center and Sandoval had to talk her down.  Generally they don’t allow cell phones in that type of facility so how did Rachel even know about the podcast and what Nema said.  They usually have landlines for use a short time each day.  

Just guessing here... I think Rachel may have been at a SPA and not a "mental health facility"....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

There is no revelation of Tom Sandoval's (thoughts of suicide?  bullshit!)  that would change my opinion of him - that's he's the lowest, shittiest worm in the whole world.  He's upset because there wasn't instant forgiveness given to him by the group.  Schwartz is a spineless little fuck - that hasn't changed.  Who are all these new "friends" of Sandoval's - they are just there for him to speak more about himself and whine how people done him wrong!  He is so shallow and insincere. 

I think all those people at his "birthday party" were on the Sandoval payroll.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

I think all those people at his "birthday party" were on the Sandoval payroll.

Kinda like those who hang around Ariana because they know that’s where the cameras will be as well as the paparazzi. 

Where did Scheana’s chin go? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I actually decided to watch this crap tonight and was almost immediately reminded of why I abandoned this show years ago.  FFS, these people are 40, or pushing 40, and they seem to have learned nothing.  Everyone is insufferable, save Flat Iron's assistant, Ann, and the pets.  Fortunately, my brain attempted to save itself by sleeping through at least a quarter of this mess.  

Very sad when I miss the days of Jax's chunky sweater, Stassi's "it's all about me" birthday month, Tequila Katie, Schwartz panicking over any kind of work and Kristen, who looked as though she smelled like a truck stop, declaring how hot and attractive they all were.  

i love your post. I have nothing to add except the only person I'm sad to say I miss is Stassi. At least she had a brain and was funny (at times). I just got through the first 2 1/2 epis (while cleaning my house) and I'm done, as soon as I see LaLa go off on Ariana - who I hate just as much as all the others. If this is the #1 show, there really is no hope for us.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Tom says he was suicidal and I believe him.  His whole show’s premise is people drinking and cheating on each other so I’m sure he was thrown by the vitriol coming from all sides/media/social media.  

I will always feel for anyone going through that kind of darkness, even if it is of their own making.

Yes, me too.  I'm sure he thought  it would  be an easy way out of everything. Especially  when his friend  passed away. I think  he looks awful right now. Arianna  has moved on, she seems  happy, it's time for Tom to do the same, and he should  start, by showing  a little more contrition. 

I had to Google  Emo night, but I felt  a wee bit better when Lala wasn't  sure what it was.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Who are all these new "friends" of Sandoval's - they are just there for him to speak more about himself and whine how people done him wrong!  He is so shallow and insincere. 

It appears they are all people that he or Bravo pay to be there, since most of the cast refuse to be near him.

3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Just guessing here... I think Rachel may have been at a SPA and not a "mental health facility"....

Wasn't that confirmed at the time?

1 hour ago, dancingdreamer said:

I had to Google "Emo night", but I felt a wee bit better when Lala wasn't sure what it was.

Back in the old days, we used to call it "Goth Night", but that wasn't anything close!

• Like 4
(edited)

My new hot take that is certainly not that hot:

From a PR and audience/fan perspective, Tom's whininess made all this a lot worse.  If he had been contrite AND firm and not a victim, it would have all gone way way better for him.

"I'm very sorry, I've acted terribly and hurt Ariana and others.  But, you know what, I'm not the first cheater on the planet, nor am I the worst cheater on the planet.  People have fucked their partner's sisters or brothers, they've had multiple families, they've had multiple lovers.  Everyone's lives have gone on.  I was miserable and I cheated.  And I am sorry I did so.  Life goes on."

No, I'm not saying this sort of statement would be MERITED, nor that his personality would have allowed it.  But watching this episode last night, OMG the shrillness and whining and lack of self-awareness and his own victimhood.  He's just not an adult.

And maybe I'm wrong, maybe that would have made it worse?  But hard to see how he could look worse.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m surprised that Bravo paid to let them sing “Happy Birthday to You.”

That was included in the cost of attending Tom's party.

• LOL 6
10 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I was alarmed at them getting hangover IVs. 😲

Yeah, likewise; but it's very L.A., so.

7 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Kinda like those who hang around Ariana because they know that’s where the cameras will be as well as the paparazzi. 

This episode?

5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Back in the old days, we used to call it "Goth Night", but that wasn't anything close!

It's been a minute since Disintegration came out, yes.  When you google in "emo bands" a ton of shit from the aughts comes up (My Chemical Romance) and nothing really new.  Let's be young again for a moment!  I wonder if any of these bands were played that night:  https://www.albumoftheyear.org/genre/133-emo/2020s/#google_vignette

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Lassus said:

From a PR and audience/fan perspective, Tom's whininess made all this a lot worse.  If he had been contrite AND firm, it would have all gone way way better for him.

This filmed about a month after the scandal, so we're watching something from several months ago that we have moved on from awhile ago. I am questioning their decision to use 'stale" footage for the new season.

• Like 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

This filmed about a month after the scandal, so we're watching something from several months ago that we have moved on from awhile ago. I am questioning their decision to use 'stale" footage for the new season.

Right, I posited before the season started that this was going to be a weird year in that regard.

But honestly, this would have been the time for that position from Tom.  I get he's just not sure-footed or smart enough to have done it and not be hated even MORE; but this, oy.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

While I agree it's not recent, Sandoval's birthday is in July. That's four months after the story broke.

He's not remorseful and doesn't know how to be/act contrite. IMHO, he's trying to curry public favor with this suicidal talk, It's a means to generate some sympathy.  The way he acted on stage throughout the Summer and on that infamous podcast is the true Tom Sandoval. Complete narcissist. Heck, he can't even manage to hide the smirk during his convo with LVP.

Speaking of opportunities, does he realize that his appearance on the Special Forces show (and Schwartz invitation to Stars on Mars) also came as a result of this scandal?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

It's a good thing that Scheana never started out "wanting to be a pop star."Is it me or without Autotune does she have a talent level slightly above Kim Zolciak?

I'm amazed she has a podcast - the thought of listening to her dreadful voice and vocal inflection for an extended period of time makes me cringe.

And I wish Sandoval would knock off the whole "suicide" line of reasoning.  This schmuck is just WAY too narcissic to ever harm himself.  But somehow he thought it would make him a sympathetic character.  

11 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I heard the Nema (from Shahs) podcast with Sheana and I found him credible.  I thought Nema said he was at a wedding with Rachel and she saw Craig from Southern Charm at the bar and she made a B-Line for him.  Page broke it up immediately.

Wonder whose wedding it was that the former Shah cast and Southern Charm cast were both there.  Probably another Bravo-lebrity.  Since Shahs has been canceled, I totally can see the Famewhore making a beeline for a current reality show cast member.  Good for Paige stepping in.  I hope Rachel felt like a fool afterwards.  

And Sandoval is SOOOOO upset.  Betcha Nema has the receipts.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
44 minutes ago, snarts said:

Speaking of opportunities, does he realize that his appearance on the Special Forces show (and Schwartz invitation to Stars on Mars) also came as a result of this scandal?

Hilariously, I can still see the Mars thing happening ("Hey, we need a moron, maybe from reality TV somewhere.")

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 2/14/2024 at 3:10 AM, Gharlane said:

I'm sure they overlap, but I believe they're not the same; there are still goth nights. At least where I am. It's glorious!

I’m surprised that Bravo paid to let them sing “Happy Birthday to You.”

I think it's public domain?

Seems like Tom Sandoval starts out conversations with the others in a somewhat apologetic way, but then, when no one says "that's OK" or apologizes back, he gets all mad again and adds caveats that just exasperate everyone. Just take the "win" that they're letting you talk!

And I know the house belongs to both of them, and it's sort of nebulous as to who pays what, but if there's any way he can, he should just take the loss and go. If the pressure and stress of all of this is weighing on him so hard, maybe he can help himself to feel a bit better by getting that part of it out of the way. I mean, I'd be mad if I had to leave a place I really dug, but after a few weeks in a new place, maybe it would just feel like some of the weight is lifted. 

And Tom Schwartz -- if everyone is being mean to him anyway, then just go be other Tom's friend then. Who cares?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

It's a nice enough house, but it's not some kind of unusual or unique jewel.  It's a regular house in a regular part of town.  There will be another house.

• Like 5

What was that about Bert, one of Schwartz's triplet brothers, being in rehab or the hospital for cirrhosis of the liver caused by heavy drinking after being mugged?🤔

51 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Hilariously, I can still see the Mars thing happening ("Hey, we need a moron, maybe from reality TV somewhere.")

I think it was more like "Hey, we need another moron, maybe from reality TV somewhere."

25 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'm sure they overlap, but I believe they're not the same; there are still goth nights. At least where I am. It's glorious!

I am so envious! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Lassus said:

It's a nice enough house, but it's not some kind of unusual or unique jewel.  It's a regular house in a regular part of town.  There will be another house.

But he put so much work into it! 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

They are not Sandoval's new friends. Kyle Chan is a jewelry designer who is a friend of the group and was shown peripherally before. I believe he was on other reality shows. He is a friend of celebrities, and he appeared in photos on their social media including the VR crew. Billy Lee was always a friend of the group (Ariana's, as well, but she chose Sandoval after the split), and she was a cast member of the show before. As for Sandoval's band manager, he is his band manager and friend.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

i love your post. I have nothing to add except the only person I'm sad to say I miss is Stassi. At least she had a brain and was funny (at times). I just got through the first 2 1/2 epis (while cleaning my house) and I'm done, as soon as I see LaLa go off on Ariana - who I hate just as much as all the others. If this is the #1 show, there really is no hope for us.

I posted during the first episode (and I predicted before the season aired, and even when it was filming) that I would wait until after a few episodes aired, and see their ratings. I suspected it would be boring and viewers would stop watching (at least in large numbers) when the hype died down. When something is hyped, expectations are high, and people get disappointed. 

6 hours ago, Lassus said:

My new hot take that is certainly not that hot:

From a PR and audience/fan perspective, Tom's whininess made all this a lot worse.  If he had been contrite AND firm and not a victim, it would have all gone way way better for him.

"I'm very sorry, I've acted terribly and hurt Ariana and others.  But, you know what, I'm not the first cheater on the planet, nor am I the worst cheater on the planet.  People have fucked their partner's sisters or brothers, they've had multiple families, they've had multiple lovers.  Everyone's lives have gone on.  I was miserable and I cheated.  And I am sorry I did so.  Life goes on."

No, I'm not saying this sort of statement would be MERITED, nor that his personality would have allowed it.  But watching this episode last night, OMG the shrillness and whining and lack of self-awareness and his own victimhood.  He's just not an adult.

And maybe I'm wrong, maybe that would have made it worse?  But hard to see how he could look worse.

Exactly. He is not an adult. He was even whining about Rachel not calling him. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

It's a good thing that Scheana never started out "wanting to be a pop star."Is it me or without Autotune does she have a talent level slightly above Kim Zolciak?

I'm amazed she has a podcast - the thought of listening to her dreadful voice and vocal inflection for an extended period of time makes me cringe.

And I wish Sandoval would knock off the whole "suicide" line of reasoning.  This schmuck is just WAY too narcissic to ever harm himself.  But somehow he thought it would make him a sympathetic character.  

Wonder whose wedding it was that the former Shah cast and Southern Charm cast were both there.  Probably another Bravo-lebrity.  Since Shahs has been canceled, I totally can see the Famewhore making a beeline for a current reality show cast member.  Good for Paige stepping in.  I hope Rachel felt like a fool afterwards.  

And Sandoval is SOOOOO upset.  Betcha Nema has the receipts.  

Nema is a famewhore like a lot of other reality people. He dumped his real life girlfriend who was attractive (we saw the whole story, and her on the show) to hook up with Golnesa (an established cast member) on the Shahs of Sunset in order to secure his position on the Shahs. I'm not sure I'm willing to believe everything he says.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

How the hell is what James did to Tom 8 million years ago with Kristen way worse than what Tom has done now to Ariana and James? 

Scheana never wanted to be a popstar? Wasn't she running around in the earlier seasons pretending to be Britney Spears?

Loved seeing Katie fun at emo night with the fog machine

If Tom is lying about being suicidal to Lisa, then he is lowest of the low knowing how touchy of a subject that is to her.

Scheana walking past Tom's table on her way to the bathroom was super set up and it made me realize that I still don't understand the layout of Sur lol. I did love seeing the infamous Sur Alley!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I am a millenial and big emo fan, went to the When We Were Young festival in Vegas last October. For reference or those wondering which bands might be considered emo, the headliners included Green Day, Blink-182, The Offspring and Good Charlotte.

With all that said, I HATED Scheana's pathetic attempt at making a Good As Gold emo cover. That was absolutely horrible. It's a sugar pop song and did not translate at all to an emo rock song. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Yea I’m kind of over this show. I’ll prob keep watching because there’s nothing else these days but I was close to quitting before Scandoval.

All Sandoval had to do was say I’m sorry I fucked up I should’ve broke it off with Ariana I wasn’t happy for a long time. The way he’s acting now is annoying and makes him even less entertaining.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

If Tom is lying about being suicidal to Lisa, then he is lowest of the low knowing how touchy of a subject that is to her.

I don't think we can really ever know this, but to be honest, I wouldn't consider it crazy that he had been.

Personally, I do feel there is a difference between thinking about suicide in and actually being suicidal?  Maybe that's a crappy parsing or way of putting it, the former being more like "what would happen, and what would people do if I did it" vs. "I wonder if this is a thing I should do."  And again, while I imagine him being the former, he could also have been thinking the latter even if briefly.

To be 1000% clear I have no history with suicide or having dealt with it even close to me.  I don't want to be speaking out of turn in complete ignorance, it's just what I was thinking as I watched that scene.

49 minutes ago, DeeReynolds said:

For reference or those wondering which bands might be considered emo, the headliners included Green Day, Blink-182, The Offspring and Good Charlotte.

Wut

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

That was pretty much what Scheana was trying to explain to him, but he can't do it.  Not in his make-up or constitution.  He will 'victim' until he can't anymore.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

You are correct. It was Hannah Berner's wedding; she used to be on Summer House. Her last season she was a real nutcase. I remember Scheana posting videos on her Instagram Stories that showed Nema and Rachel together at the wedding. 

SO many people have told Sandavol to just say you're sorry and then SHUT UP. He always has to add "but" after saying he's sorry. My ex-husband used to do the same thing and it would frustrate me to no end.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

Selling one's house is a psychological experience.  I've done it twice in the last twelve years and there's still a lot of emotion attached to it.  There will be another one, for sure, but it won't be this one.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DeeReynolds said:

I am a millenial and big emo fan, went to the When We Were Young festival in Vegas last October. For reference or those wondering which bands might be considered emo, the headliners included Green Day, Blink-182, The Offspring and Good Charlotte.

With all that said, I HATED Scheana's pathetic attempt at making a Good As Gold emo cover. That was absolutely horrible. It's a sugar pop song and did not translate at all to an emo rock song. 

I would consider those bands alternative rock/punk rock.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

I would consider those bands alternative rock/punk rock.

I agree, but was naming some that people might have heard of. There were like 50 other bands there that were much more niche emo

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Nema is a famewhore like a lot of other reality people. He dumped his real life girlfriend who was attractive (we saw the whole story, and her on the show) to hook up with Golnesa (an established cast member) on the Shahs of Sunset in order to secure his position on the Shahs. I'm not sure I'm willing to believe everything he says.

I remember Nema being a fairly decent fellow on Shahs of Sunset, but I might have quit before he was on long enough to let the proverbial mask slip.

1 hour ago, DeeReynolds said:

I am a millennial and big emo fan, went to the When We Were Young festival in Vegas last October. For reference or those wondering which bands might be considered emo, the headliners included Green Day, Blink-182, The Offspring and Good Charlotte.

I wouldn't consider them "emo" at all; at best, they are "alternative" (but not Greenday!). When I think "emo", I think of Morrisey and The Smiths.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, b2H said:

Selling one's house is a psychological experience.  I've done it twice in the last twelve years and there's still a lot of emotion attached to it.  There will be another one, for sure, but it won't be this one.

I find it difficult to sell my car, and I already bought a new one, even the same model in a different color...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, b2H said:

I totally understand Tom's attachment to the house and they put a ton of effort into decorating and furnishing it, even as their friends laughed about having to bring their own chairs when they visited and none of them made a similar effort. That being said, you're gonna have to get over it, fella. Start the mourning process now!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lassus said:

I don't think we can really ever know this, but to be honest, I wouldn't consider it crazy that he had been.

Personally, I do feel there is a difference between thinking about suicide in and actually being suicidal?  Maybe that's a crappy parsing or way of putting it, the former being more like "what would happen, and what would people do if I did it" vs. "I wonder if this is a thing I should do."  And again, while I imagine him being the former, he could also have been thinking the latter even if briefly.

To be 1000% clear I have no history with suicide or having dealt with it even close to me.  I don't want to be speaking out of turn in complete ignorance, it's just what I was thinking as I watched that scene.

I have a close friend who died by suicide very recently and in my opinion all of this “is he really suicidal??” talk is getting gross.   Did he just think about it, plan it?  

It doesn’t matter, he’s a human being who was in a very low, very dark place.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lassus said:

Wut

Thank you for saying what you did.  I am VERY closely related to suicide because my husband did himself in 15 years ago.  I've spoken about it already on this forum and do not intend to go there AGAIN.

However, I don't KNOW that Sandoval actually CONSIDERED doing himself in and it's only my opinion but I'm not sure this wasn't his ridiculous way of deferring pressure from his peeps.  Remember, he said earlier that the reason he didn't just go about this by breaking up with Arianna FIRST and then screwing Rachel's brains out, was that "Arianna said she'd KILL herself if we broke up"....

This feels like he doesn't MIND just throwing that out there to see if it sticks. Also, Sandoval seems to me waaaaayyy too much of a narcissist to actually take himself out.

I completely understand LVP's reaction to his statement, however. I feel the same way. Probably everyone who goes to sleep every night wondering "WHY??" does.

And @heatherchandler, I'm so sorry you lost your friend. God Bless you.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1