Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E3 Week 3

• Start Topic

I didn't actually watch last night but I'm catching up now.  

I'm warming up to Kelsey A. She has ears that stick straight out, but doesn't care and pulls her hair back like a boss.

Sydney is working for that Idiot Edit. I'm not sure experience with the Miss Teen Massachusetts pageant would translate to this format, though I do wish someone had asked her about Hamas or something.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, phlebas said:

I didn't actually watch last night but I'm catching up now.  

I'm warming up to Kelsey A. She has ears that stick straight out, but doesn't care and pulls her hair back like a boss.

Sydney is working for that Idiot Edit. I'm not sure experience with the Miss Teen Massachusetts pageant would translate to this format, though I do wish someone had asked her about Hamas or something.

I posted the article in the media link….Sydney was encouraged to apply by Ashley I.

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I posted the article in the media link….Sydney was encouraged to apply by Ashley I.

I feel like I must have made Ashley I. angry somehow. I can't imagine what I did to deserve Sydney.

But at least she made me forget that I hated Jess for awhile.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I'm not sure if I'd call Maria a bully but she and Sydney have no chill.

In crimes against the English language, I submit comfortability.

• Applause 1

Jenn:

"They didnt necessarily try to like...hide their fighting? annnd as a resuuult, I had to like, take care of myself? It was just a traumatic place...to grow up in?"

I feel for her, but I am so distracted by the upspeak...I am playing a game to see if there are any sentences? That she doesn't end in a question? And I am losing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Soobs said:

I'm not sure if I'd call Maria a bully but she and Sydney have no chill.

In crimes against the English language, I submit comfortability.

Well, somebody used the phrase "Joey and I's."  Every freaking season.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I’m sure Ashley I is considered a legend in Bachelor Nation and has a devoted legion of fans but I’m not one of them and any pearls of wisdom she may have to share with the good intention of defending her protégée are not only lost on me but cement my contrary opinions on the matter. I’m well aware a lot is edited and we may not have seen everything Maria said but it’s Sydney who is prolonging the subject instead of being an adult about it and moving on and her arms and legs that she thinks anyone wants are just obstacles to attaining that. This is a really good opportunity for the show to bring back the inhospitable location to abandon her, those were hilarious. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

I’m sure Ashley I is considered a legend in Bachelor Nation and has a devoted legion of fans but I’m not one of them and any pearls of wisdom she may have to share with the good intention of defending her protégée are not only lost on me but cement my contrary opinions on the matter.

Truly. I hope Ashley has lost her recruiting privs.

Find us someone Sharleen likes and we can talk.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

image.png.4a34aa6349c628299e321585362f7765.png

Oooh it looks like there might be a 2 on 1 date next week- could it be between Sydney and Maria? 😄🙌💯 I'm ready for a Betty and Veronica girl-fight over Joey! I hope to see Sydney clinging to a water buoy as Joey and Maria make out in a speed boat racing into the sunset! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I hope to see Sydney clinging to a water buoy as Joey and Maria make out in a speed boat racing into the sunset! 

Maybe Jenn can use her new-found surfing skills to paddle out and rescue her!

• LOL 3

So they're going to Malta?  That isn't exactly a hot destination.  I was on a project a couple of years ago that had a location for the go-live on Malta.  My contract house was adamant that I wasn't to be assigned there.  The airline that services Malta doesn't have a great safety record and there aren't too many other ways to get there.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, b2H said:

So they're going to Malta?  That isn't exactly a hot destination.  I was on a project a couple of years ago that had a location for the go-live on Malta.  My contract house was adamant that I wasn't to be assigned there.  The airline that services Malta doesn't have a great safety record and there aren't too many other ways to get there.

Maybe that’s why they chose it, got a discount deal for a not popular destination during off season plus secluded beaches for easier filming. Or maybe they thought it would be the perfect place to strand Sydney. Nah, even I’m not heartless enough to wish her in any danger. Malta does have beautiful historical landmarks similar to other Mediterranean countries and nice beaches but the water was probably freezing seeing as this was filmed in November. 

• Like 1

You know Malta rolled out the red carpets for ABC, so they probably all had the best possible Malta experience, even if everyone else who goes there wishes they'd stopped in Sicily.

• Love 1
On 2/7/2024 at 10:54 AM, dizzyd said:

I’m sure Ashley I is considered a legend in Bachelor Nation and has a devoted legion of fans but I’m not one of them and any pearls of wisdom she may have to share with the good intention of defending her protégée are not only lost on me but cement my contrary opinions on the matter. I’m well aware a lot is edited and we may not have seen everything Maria said but it’s Sydney who is prolonging the subject instead of being an adult about it and moving on and her arms and legs that she thinks anyone wants are just obstacles to attaining that. This is a really good opportunity for the show to bring back the inhospitable location to abandon her, those were hilarious. 

Sydney is reminding me of some other irritating blonde past contestant who also spoke in Instagram cliches and considered herself the lone voice of wisdom and bravery. I feel like it was some kind of Madison/Makayla/some other cliche name and she actually spoke words like "I'm living my truth/standing up as a strong woman" that she had CLEARLY practiced in her mirror. 

If I recall, she showed up to BiP and failed to attract a single guy.

I have to assume that Sydney will be the one left on an ice floe after that 2-1 boat ride based on the editing around the two of them. The editors have gone out of their way to show interview defense of Maria even though none of them seem too eager to stand up in front of the group. And they seem to be choosing Sydney's most self-aggrandizing, foolish looking clips so I assume she's not the one. 

I can see why Maria might be a lot, but she doesn't appear to have sinister motives. And yes, Madina might have been put off by the persistent attempts to squash this misunderstanding so directly, but there are worse offenses and Sydney's insidious nonsense about things utterly unrelated to her definitely fall in the "worse" column. 

The tennis date was a lot of fun, that mix of women really embraced the spirit of it and there was no scheming and drama. Daisy and Autumn were adorable together, those 2 could really get far playing the nice girl BFF roles, especially amongst the drama with the others. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Sydney is reminding me of some other irritating blonde past contestant who also spoke in Instagram cliches and considered herself the lone voice of wisdom and bravery. I feel like it was some kind of Madison/Makayla/some other cliche name and she actually spoke words like "I'm living my truth/standing up as a strong woman" that she had CLEARLY practiced in her mirror. 

If I recall, she showed up to BiP and failed to attract a single guy.

I have to assume that Sydney will be the one left on an ice floe after that 2-1 boat ride based on the editing around the two of them. The editors have gone out of their way to show interview defense of Maria even though none of them seem too eager to stand up in front of the group. And they seem to be choosing Sydney's most self-aggrandizing, foolish looking clips so I assume she's not the one. 

I can see why Maria might be a lot, but she doesn't appear to have sinister motives. And yes, Madina might have been put off by the persistent attempts to squash this misunderstanding so directly, but there are worse offenses and Sydney's insidious nonsense about things utterly unrelated to her definitely fall in the "worse" column. 

The tennis date was a lot of fun, that mix of women really embraced the spirit of it and there was no scheming and drama. Daisy and Autumn were adorable together, those 2 could really get far playing the nice girl BFF roles, especially amongst the drama with the others. 

To me, Sydney looks like a younger version of Leah McSweeney, formerly of The Real Housewives of New York City. The resemblance was so striking that I was trying to do the math on whether that could’ve been her daughter, but she wouldn’t be old enough to be on this show yet. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

To me, Sydney looks like a younger version of Leah McSweeney, formerly of The Real Housewives of New York City. The resemblance was so striking that I was trying to do the math on whether that could’ve been her daughter, but she wouldn’t be old enough to be on this show yet. 

She does!

And both Sydney and Leah are extremely annoying 

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, b2H said:

Maybe one of the dates will have all the women searching for a falcon.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
13 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Maybe one of the dates will have all the women searching for a falcon.

Any of them who get the reference gets fast-tracked to hometowns

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
6 hours ago, phlebas said:

Any of them who get the reference gets fast-tracked to hometowns

They don’t have access to smartphones to google the Maltese Falcon but a producer favorite may be surreptitiously informed and bogarted for the narrative and we’d never know if she actually got the reference. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

They don’t have access to smartphones to google the Maltese Falcon but a producer favorite may be surreptitiously informed and bogarted for the narrative and we’d never know if she actually got the reference. 

That's certainly true. We don't even know if Joey would get it.

But if I were Bachelor, I would have some sort of surreptitious filter like that to keep me from getting distracted by whomever is the best kisser.

• Applause 1
3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I appreciate the use of the word bogarted in this context. 20 points for you.

• Applause 2

LOL yeah, the best part of the episode was the last minute, Jesse giving his honest thoughts about the last rose.  "It's the Final Rose tonight".  "Duh, it's the  only one left".   Buh Bye....show's over.  He's a hoot.

• LOL 2
On 2/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, JenE4 said:

The whole thing doesn’t appear to be streaming—that I can find. But it’s called “A Recipe for Seduction” and you can find lots of clips, trailers, and articles about it if you Google KFC Lifetime movie Mario Lopez.

ETA:,wait!! I found it. It’s only like 16 minutes long

https://vimeo.com/490821640

Thank you so much. This was truly camp and so, so much fun.

• Love 2
On 2/5/2024 at 7:13 PM, JenE4 said:

The whole thing doesn’t appear to be streaming—that I can find. But it’s called “A Recipe for Seduction” and you can find lots of clips, trailers, and articles about it if you Google KFC Lifetime movie Mario Lopez.

ETA:,wait!! I found it. It’s only like 16 minutes long

https://vimeo.com/490821640

Thank you for the link- I loved the KFC Lifetime movie collaboration! I need it to be a feature length film with more Mario, more KFC and more seduction! 😄🙌💯🍗 Do it, Lifetime!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Sydney is clearly here to cause problems, she needs to stop throwing out the word "bully" all willy nilly to get the chance to start shit and try and look like a victim. This has all been very clearly blown out of proportion by her, to the point where the other girls sort of just seem baffled by all of this drama instead of angry. She's clearly threatened by Maria and wants to try and turn Joey against her, or she's just working hard on her paradise audition. Preferably when Maria is on the beach too. I think that Maria has a BIG personality and can be very "tell it like it is" which can rub people the wrong way, but I don't really see deliberate bullying behavior. 

The tennis date was fun, it seemed like the girls were actually having fun and getting into it, no whining and no one going WAY too hard on "winning" the matches. Joey continues to be quite charming, he even managed to make "I picked the girl who's talent is making out" sound sweet in a way that sounded way more sincere than previous bachelors doing similar things. 

That ending with Jesse! "kick rocks" 

• Like 4