Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Tapas and Tattletales

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

For me, no amount of Annemarie (and really hasn't been much) is as bad as Rinna had become the last few seasons.   She was out of control with her nastiness. 

I do completely agree with this. Just hoped a new leaf would be turned and some fun would be brought back instead of this type of continued bullshittery. They were finally on the right track when Jennifer and Sutton were horsing around and the cocktail hour at the bar with Garcelle, Sutton and Erica. Actual fun.

Storylines. So stupid.

my storyline is I’m going to go to sleep tonight, wake up tomorrow, have coffee and feed my cat.  I have no desire to get in touch with a friend and start haranguing them, or badmouthing another friend to them, about any part of their lives, past or present. For self entertainment and gloating purposes. Thats my reality show. Also I wont be carrying my purse walking from room to room in my own house. 

Edited by SassyCat
Addition
  • LOL 8

I have always liked Kyle on this show. She’s pretty even keeled for the most part and to me is a stabilizing force on the show and has never been turned on or bullied like the others either. So she has a toughness because really no one talks shit about her which says a lot to me. Even Sutton kisses her ass. If I’m remembering, she has a few controversial scenes, like the “your such a liar, “ and “you’re an alcoholic!” and of course Lisa V turned on her and the witch hated her, but they were gone soon after. I think she is relatable in her simpleness and insecurity. She doesn’t try to be the smartest or funniest or most beautiful or fashionable in the room, she’s just trying to have fun and is usually pretty pulled together. I think Crystal does try a touch too much to show her intelligence and seems to be insecure about being on the show in general—her problem and makes her a little hard to warm up to, for me as a viewer. Erika has serious balls, and in a good way. She’s still in the game, still herself, and is fighting for what she feels she should have, and I must respect that.  Personally, I would have completely fallen apart and been incredibly ashamed—she just has this toughness that keeps her going and is very interesting and cool to see (although I do think she and Tom should both be forced to pay back all the money owed to the victims, but I’m not holding it against her hustle in the meantime). I sort of wonder if Tom was slipping cognitively and had been for quite some time, and that’s why he got so sloppy and made such majorly horrible decisions—it just doesn’t seem like something someone who has a reputation exactly for paying victims their money, and is known to perform at such a high level would do. There was no way he wasn’t going to get caught. I think he was sort of going in and out for quite some time. And given how scared everyone was of him—I remember Erika’s first scene with him, she was carefully showing him a tile in the backyard and asking for permission to have it replaced/fixed. Fast forward a few years and she has her own account with 10 million dollars deposited into it. Yeah, she definitely rode that party train till the last shot.

I like Sutton so much. So real and genuine with her smile and being goofy. Garcelle seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis—being nicer and less of a hater doesn’t mean she has to be a different person (she seems to be code switching a lot this season) and I think she’s trying to figure herself out and who she really is. IMO.

Under the pretext of an “apology,” AM goes on the attack. AGAIN. Now apparently she has a new MiniMe in Dorit, with Erika joining the team. A new coven is born.

Seems to me the only one who’s thirsty to be “interesting” and “relevant” is AM (and Dorit, who’s been trying to do that for however many years now?).

Garcelle and Crystal had the perfect response to Erika’s “I told you so” about the earrings. That was mine, too. Congrats, dear, but the case is not closed, and oh, yeah, you still OWE the victims whom your ex swindled largely for your benefit.

Crystal is at AM’s “mercy”? 🫨You mean the woman who’s not a doctor but plays one on TV? I’m guessing she may have some kind of altitude reaction.

PK sure looked content and happy in that video call, didn’t he? I predict that we’ll see the chef on BDM at some point. He looks like BD material.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

PK sure looked content and happy in that video call, didn’t he? I predict that we’ll see the chef on BDM at some point. He looks like BD material.

He did look happy. He's probably relieved not having to listen to Dorit's yammering. 

The women's behavior with Storm made me cringe and feel sorry for the guy. Whenever they act like stupid teenagers drooling over a guy I imagine how it would look if middle-aged men were carrying on like this over a young woman. Why do the women think they get a free pass? 

I didn't understand Erika going on about the earrings. She needs to shut up about it. No one cares. She still looks shallow and unconcerned about the victims. She cares about one person: herself. 

I don't know if I'm going to be able to stomach AM at the reunion. I hope she's not up there the whole time. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/25/2024 at 10:29 AM, Surrealist said:

Thank you for reminding me!

AM is a smug married. Plenty of those around. She just had the audacity to come right out and say that about singles.

Which is interesting when you think about her husband and those accusations.

I'm glad it's not my life. I don't envy any of those women, tbh. Lol.

I'd love to hang out with fellow singles: Garcelle and Sutton.

Sutton also made a great point about how many married people are lonely. Not one of these women has or had a marriage I think is enviable. Kyle used to flaunt hers like that but the curtain has been pulled back. 

When Garcelle and AM were talking in the morning in the sunlight I was struck by how great Garcelle looked with little or no makeup. Better than a younger, made-up AM. These ladies should leave the glam at home!

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
(edited)

As a divorced woman, I was way more lonely in my marriage.

What an offensive, disgraceful statement, that if one isn't married, they must be lonely and insecure.  I can't wait to read when their marriage implodes, as it inevitably will, given all that we read about him.

Kyle, too, was a smug married.  I always felt like she make Kim feel "less than" because Kim didn't have the happy, handsome, wonderful hubby and home life.  Now Kyle is tatting up someone who doesn't even appear interested in a word she says, desperately sweating in a gym to fit into size 0 clothes as she approaches her 60's.

I ended a friendship with someone who said things like "oh, I'm sorry you're so alone on weekends, my husband and I have soooo many wonderful plans".  Ugh.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

He looks like BD material.

BD already had a deck hand named Storm, add in a chef named Storm on the same charter season and hilarity would ensue, lol.

I will never understand why having a husband is the ultimate prize with some of these women, I wish I was financially able to be independent (don't get me wrong, I love my husband but there is a certain feeling of freedom being able to do what you want financially), the Suttons and Garcelles are in my opinion more enviable.

I believe 2024 in the Chinese New Year is the year of the esophagus, 2023 was the year of the diamond earrings.  2025 will be the year of the what is Kyle tattooing on her body now?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

He did look happy. He's probably relieved not having to listen to Dorit's yammering. 

The women's behavior with Storm made me cringe and feel sorry for the guy. Whenever they act like stupid teenagers drooling over a guy I imagine how it would look if middle-aged men were carrying on like this over a young woman. Why do the women think they get a free pass? 

I didn't understand Erika going on about the earrings. She needs to shut up about it. No one cares. She still looks shallow and unconcerned about the victims. She cares about one person: herself. 

I don't know if I'm going to be able to stomach AM at the reunion. I hope she's not up there the whole time. 

AM is trying too hard to start fights. But that said, it seems that more often than not, every “apology” always has some kind of grudge attached to it, especially when it comes out of the blue at a gathering. Same with “While we’re all here…” — another incoming buzzkill.

Maybe Crystal did come on to the show a little judgy (I didn’t particularly care for her attitude then) but damn, compare that to what Kyle’s said over the years. Crystal was trying to prove a negative, more or less, so I consider this one more example of AM’s assholery. Luckily, I think the people in this group who count see through this. AM and Erika could be a combo from hell.

Erika doing a victory lap over nothing was what she’s tried to do with all the other lawsuits involving Lion Air. She may be in the clear about some things, but that issue is FAR from being definitively settled, AFAIK. (Maybe others know more.)

Frankly, I was hoping there has been a way to get a wider shot of PK, because he looked a little too happy there. (I know; I’m bad.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Frankly, I was hoping there has been a way to get a wider shot of PK, because he looked a little too happy there. (I know; I’m bad.)

Dorit trying to tell PK how to get on London time like it was his first trip...that girl, oy.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Erika owes me a dinner because I’m probably the one show-watcher out there who has a smudge of sympathy for her. I will die on the hill that Tom G in no way kept EJ informed of his business dealings AT ALL. He pumped money into her bank account to keep her quiet and occupied and she spent it (who wouldn’t). When the shit hit the fan I never understood why she was on the hook for any of his BS. Yet these ladies “attacked” (aka questioned), her endlessly about it ON camera (looking at you Garcelle). And cmon, this wasn’t some NJ level crap, I’m sure she had some big time legal folks in her ear guiding her thru what to say on camera to protect herself. And who wouldn’t? Tom G and his lawyers could have ended her life completely. So while the way she spoke about the victims of Tom were horrible, I get her mindset. If she showed any inkling of sympathy towards anyone that’s basically admitting his guilt in the public eye (if there was no crime there were no victims). She may change her tune after his trial is over but for now I take her comments as a sort of sigh of relief that at least she’s sort of off the hook for now for something. And if they end up being her earrings to keep why should she give them to anyone? She can keep them for sentimental value or sell them to buy herself a house. And I’m waiting to see what her statements are when all is said and done, if she’s still so mean and seemingly heartless towards his victims. Watching past seasons from when she started she was almost too nice to fit in with these women. And she still seems to be like she’s a good friend to those who are kind to her. 

Tell Toms kids to give up their fortunes for the victims. Because when all is said and done, EJ could end up being a victim of sort of Tom G just like all those others he swindled out of money. That man should rot in prison till he’s in the ground. I’ve had plenty of experience working for men of his caliber and they are disgusting human beings. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/26/2024 at 11:17 PM, Surrealist said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but Birkins are underwhelming to me. 

Ironically, I always thought they looked cheap and flimsy. But these are rich women. What do they need to carry with them? Some credit cards, a lipgloss? They’re not hauling half their medicine cabinet or emergency stuff for their kids because they’re stuck at work all day. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Guys, I've gotta interrupt and show you my new green Birkin! 😁

Birkin Small.jpg

Was it the same as the GDP of a small country?

25 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Ironically, I always thought they looked cheap and flimsy. But these are rich women. What do they need to carry with them? Some credit cards, a lipgloss? They’re not hauling half their medicine cabinet or emergency stuff for their kids because they’re stuck at work all day. 

I think it’s in a Progressive insurance ad, but Flo’s “sister” has a handbag with PURSE written on it like it was a designer brand. I generally loathe Progressive commercials but I found this one funny.

Cheap and flimsy…knock-offs? 😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

the Suttons and Garcelles are in my opinion more enviable.

I agree and have by choice lived single for 23 years now. I will never look back, want a date, or any part of coupledom ever again. I am never lonely and wish I had the income Sutton has, but not really. I do have everything I need and pretty much everything I want. Which isn’t a lot nor lacking either. 
AnneMarie being dismissive of the women who are not married is just her not reaching that point yet where she may think it would be very freeing to just live daily life the exact way she might want to. Eating crackers in bed at 3 am if she so chooses. Yeah… its the life! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 1/27/2024 at 8:56 PM, Cosmocrush said:

For me, no amount of Annemarie (and really hasn't been much) is as bad as Rinna had become the last few seasons.   She was out of control with her nastiness. 

Rinna was beyond absolutely repulsive with her nastiness. And her delivery made it even worse. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
10 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I agree and have by choice lived single for 23 years now. I will never look back, want a date, or any part of coupledom ever again. I am never lonely and wish I had the income Sutton has, but not really. I do have everything I need and pretty much everything I want.

Are you me?! ♥️

• Like 3
  • Wink 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sorry to go off topic.

Regarding single heterosexual women:

Recently there were articles in both the New York Times and The New Yorker. Each discussed how men really don’t bring much to the table these days. 

Many men still don’t think of women as equals, feel threatened by intelligent, successful women, have temper/rage issues, addiction issues, patterns of infidelity. They drop out of college and neglect their health.

Women make a lot of effort in relationships. Men make little to no effort.

I can totally relate to what Sutton said. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

As a divorced woman, I was way more lonely in my marriage.

What an offensive, disgraceful statement, that if one isn't married, they must be lonely and insecure.  I can't wait to read when their marriage implodes, as it inevitably will, given all that we read about him.

Kyle, too, was a smug married.  I always felt like she make Kim feel "less than" because Kim didn't have the happy, handsome, wonderful hubby and home life.  Now Kyle is tatting up someone who doesn't even appear interested in a word she says, desperately sweating in a gym to fit into size 0 clothes as she approaches her 60's.

I ended a friendship with someone who said things like "oh, I'm sorry you're so alone on weekends, my husband and I have soooo many wonderful plans".  Ugh.

👍to your post. Women who throw their marriages in the faces of their single friends, to me, often signal insecurity and perhaps jealousy on their own behalf. Kim actually seems more grounded than Kyle these days, and how anyone can look at Garcelle and pity her life is beyond me. 

For the thousandth time, AM can STFU. She’s been on this show for one hot minute and she’s passing judgments like this? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
(edited)
On 1/28/2024 at 9:37 AM, Starlight925 said:

Seriously. I mean, she bragged that all she could manage to get is a dude who numerically ranks her -- and not even with the highest score. 

Early 50s and not married. Have had the same BF for 15 years. We live together and I fail to see how being married would make a difference in my day-to-day life, AnnMarie! So shut it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

how anyone can look at Garcelle and pity her life is beyond me. 

For real. Garcelle has her health, three kids, successful career in Hollywood, and is drop dead gorgeous. If she just wanted someone, she'd easily have someone. I'd much rather have her life single than be married to a man who rates me 8.5, is a grifter, is a cheater, etc. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I wonder if the status of being married is really about the diamond ring. I can see all of these women being extremely jealous of someone's 10+ carat bling, especially if they don't have one to wear. Something about buying yourself a huge diamond is odd too. Landing a rich guy does come with a certain status and level of respect generally as well, and these ladies are all pretty old school. 

I would agree that men don't have nearly as much to offer women in this day and age, but I can see many women chasing the ring as well. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1