Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Funeral

• Start Topic

I keep getting distracted by that island-thing in the kitchen, with the sunken pit with a bunch of stuff in it. Mainly the toaster. How does that work? Do you lean way over and make your toast there? Do you reach in and haul it up to the counter first? But what happens when it’s still hot?

Okay, I’ll go back to the boring stuff like who got poisoned and when do they die. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16

Whoever came up with the idea to put these drama reality show stars and competitive reality stars together to play this game deserves a raise.

• Like 22
(edited)

I can easily see Dan and Parvati throwing Phaedra under the bus.

Best moment:  Sandra incredulous at the idea of sharing a birth year with Larsa since Larsa looks ten years older!!!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2
  • LOL 18

This was the cattiest roundtable ever and I loved every minute of it. When Parvati called the Housewives out for having scripts...I cackled. And I've never even watched Housewives. Everything was just so ridiculous and over-the-top. And then it continued in the turret! Is it 9 p.m. yet???

That challenge was so creepy and disturbing. If I was Ekin Su I would have puked all over the interior of that coffin. 

Kevin, please close your mouth when you're chewing. You look like a horse. 

• Like 13

Ekin-Su seemingly not even thinking about Parvati handing her the drink when they found out the Traitors poisoned someone and Peter even wondered 'Did anyone get handed a drink' is why it's hard to not think there's some Production related shenanigans going on here. Like come on now! I guess maybe she did and it was just edited out for some reason. 

Dan and Parvati's reaction to Phaedra at the end was hilarious. I hope Phaedra gets 1 of them banished soon lol.

2 hours ago, Jeffurry said:

Shereé said something like, "I'm voting for John. I don't think you're a traitor." WHAT?!?

I assume she realized it was gonna be Larsa that went but she didn't want to vote for her so she basically threw away her vote.

26 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Best moment:  Sandra incredulous at the idea of sharing a birth year with Larsa since Larsa looks ten years older!!!

Even funnier since it was absolutely untrue lol. I mean sure, it's because Larsa has had work done, but she looks far younger than Sandra.

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ekin-Su seemingly not even thinking about Parvati handing her the drink when they found out the Traitors poisoned someone and Peter even wondered 'Did anyone get handed a drink' is why it's hard to not think there's some Production related shenanigans going on here.

It seems to me it's just sheer stupidity on E-S's part.

7 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Whoever came up with the idea to put these drama reality show stars and competitive reality stars together to play this game deserves a raise.

Esp dumb ones like Trishelle who think they have great instincts!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
17 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

It seems to me it's just sheer stupidity on E-S's part.

I just can't believe someone to be that stupid lol. Also, the others in the room at the time must be very unobservant, which doesn't bode well for their games. 

I really wish they'd make the game even just a little bit less in favor of the traitors.

• Like 10
(edited)

I can understand if they were spending a few hours socializing and drinking or eating anything how you'd wonder what exactly was the "poison" and whether you ingested any of it. It's possible they didn't even pour their own glass of wine when they had one. As an act of courtesy, for example, maybe Phaedra offered and poured a glass for herself and Sheree or any of the other Housewives.

Maybe someone said "oohh, those hors d'oeuvres look good. I'm gonna grab some, would you like some?" and that could have been the poison; that could have been the moment. I'm sure there was much more than we saw.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Really not a fan of Phaedra after what she did to Kandi on Real Housewives of Atlanta. So I am so surprised I am rooting for her to get Dan or Pavarti banished.

She really is a perfect choice for a traitor.

Dan has obviously never watched the real housewives. If he did he would know that some of them are cut throat and cunning,especially Phaedra.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ekin-Su seemingly not even thinking about Parvati handing her the drink when they found out the Traitors poisoned someone and Peter even wondered 'Did anyone get handed a drink' is why it's hard to not think there's some Production related shenanigans going on here. Like come on now! I guess maybe she did and it was just edited out for some reason. 

I think the fact that after Ekin-Su sipped from the chalice, Parvati took it back and sipped from it too may have been what caused everyone to totally overlook it.

Or Ekin-Su and everyone else in that room really is just dumb. I'm more inclined to believe the latter. But I do remember thinking to myself "Smart move" when Parvati took it back and sipped from it. 

• Like 7
Just now, Stats Queen said:

Dan has obviously never watched the real housewives. If he did he would know that some of them are cut throat and cunning,especially Phaedra.

Yea, I don't think Dan has any idea what these people are like because he doesn't seem to keep tabs on any reality tv now. Similar to Kevin really. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I can easily see Dan and Parvati throwing Phaedra under the bus.

Larsa looks like she was "improved" and then encased in plastic.  Sandra looks like a real person.

It seemed odd that Phaedra didn't consider that she was outnumbered and possibly not the big killer running the show.  Plus, if she wants to win, she'll have to take out all of the other housewives eventually.

• Like 15
42 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

It seemed odd that Phaedra didn't consider that she was outnumbered and possibly not the big killer running the show.  Plus, if she wants to win, she'll have to take out all of the other housewives eventually.

THIS. I saw a hint of this in episode 3 when she had such a strong reaction to them possibly targeting Sheree. I get that these people are your friends, but this game isn't about that. 

I'm hoping now that the seed has been planted, more Housewives start getting banished. Mostly because I just find them annoying with the way they swan around the castle in a pack. 

Yea, I don't think Dan has any idea what these people are like because he doesn't seem to keep tabs on any reality tv now. Similar to Kevin really. 

Speaking of Kevin, WTF is Bling Empire???

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I keep getting distracted by that island-thing in the kitchen, with the sunken pit with a bunch of stuff in it. Mainly the toaster. How does that work? Do you lean way over and make your toast there? Do you reach in and haul it up to the counter first? But what happens when it’s still hot?

Okay, I’ll go back to the boring stuff like who got poisoned and when do they die. 

I swear my husband brings up this toaster/island/sink situation during EVERY episode.  It truly is bonkers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Eventually, not now.

1 hour ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

THIS. I saw a hint of this in episode 3 when she had such a strong reaction to them possibly targeting Sheree. I get that these people are your friends, but this game isn't about that.

Sure, it isn't but they're her numbers. They are the people she trusts. Phaedra clearly knows they're not traitors, and she also knows they won't vote to banish her... at least not yet. Her clique would vote to banish everyone else before Phaedra (if ever) and that's good for Phaedra. Keeping them around helps Phaedra.

Why would she not want to keep her friends around? That's good for her game.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Eventually, not now.

Sure, it isn't but they're her numbers. They are the people she trusts. Phaedra clearly knows they're not traitors, and she also knows they won't vote to banish her... at least not yet. Her clique would vote to banish everyone else before Phaedra (if ever) and that's good for Phaedra. Keeping them around helps Phaedra.

Why would she not want to keep her friends around? That's good for her game.

It's worked up until now but I also think she just put a bigger target on her back with Dan and Parvati. If I was them and knew that Phaedra has essentially declared the other Housewives "off limits" for murder, I'd totally throw her under the bus. Up until now, I've thought she was the most chill and skilled of the traitors. I know there are more Housewives than any other group, but you're not a literal unit. Her reaction to people speculating that at least 1 Housewife has to be a Traitor was too over the top, IMO. She should have saved it for the turret. 

On the other hand, I also think Parvati should have let someone else raise that issue at the roundtable. It's not like no one else was thinking it. 

Edited by MicheleinPhilly
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I think the fact that after Ekin-Su sipped from the chalice, Parvati took it back and sipped from it too may have been what caused everyone to totally overlook it.

I don't think she took it back.  She said Cheers, gave her the cup and then said  'you keep it.'  She then quickly stuffed food in her mouth to make it seem like that was the reason she wasn't drinking.  And if you quickly looked at them, it might not be obvious that one was drinking and the other not since they were both putting things in their mouths. 

2 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

Speaking of Kevin, WTF is Bling Empire???

It was a Netflix reality series in the vein of a Housewives show in that it's not competition based but rather lifestyle based.  It was basically their attempt at doing Crazy Rich Asians as a reality series in that it followed well-off or well-connected Asians and Asian-Americans around LA and NY (for a spinoff).

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

It's worked up until now but I also think she just put a bigger target on her back with Dan and Parvati.

Yes, she was outplayed. It could have worked but they got her first. They consider Phaedra, and the Housewives coalition, a threat. It's not like Phaedra knew those two would team up and I can't blame her for wanting to save people she's working with. In the same manner that no one would suspect Dan and Phaedra to work together as traitors before Parvati entered the picture, I don't think it's unreasonable for Phaedra to expect the same of Dan and Parvati and to the exclusion of Phaedra, a fellow traitor.

7 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

If I was them and knew that Phaedra has essentially declared the other Housewives "off limits" for murder, I'd totally throw her under the bus. Up until now, I've thought she was the most chill and skilled of the traitors. I know there are more Housewives than any other group, but you're not a literal unit. Her reaction to people speculating that at least 1 Housewife has to be a Traitor was too over the top, IMO. She should have saved it for the turret.

IMO, Phaedra was sitting in the best position. She had all the information of knowing who was a traitor, she couldn't be murdered, and came in with numbers that could help protect her from banishment.

However, Phaedra seemed to be focused on one part, making sure that people don't figure that she's the traitor. She's nailing that part, but she's not doing much beyond that. She's not targeting anyone. For Dan and Parv, everyone's a threat and everyone must go. Phaedra isn't doing that.

The Housewives, as an alliance, are a mess. They're all over the place. They all can't even vote for the same person. Then, Sandra flips in true Sandra style (😂). If what we saw in this episode is any indication, they are bad at competition shows.

Why did Larsa switch from Dan to CT? The flames were on Dan, and it seems that she stopped fanning those flames.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
47 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Why did Larsa switch from Dan to CT? The flames were on Dan, and it seems that she stopped fanning those flames.

She became fixated on the idea that 1 of the traitors has to be a big, strong alpha male based on who has been murdered so far. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

She became fixated on the idea that 1 of the traitors has to be a big, strong alpha male based on who has been murdered so far. 

Bingo!  She even made a remark to CT while walking in the hallway.  For the life of me I can't remember what it was.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Bingo!  She even made a remark to CT while walking in the hallway.  For the life of me I can't remember what it was.

She said something like "I'm worried about you," but I'm pretty sure you couldn't see her lips actually saying this and there's literally no way CT wouldn't have responded back so I think that was an editing trick and didn't actually happen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

She said something like "I'm worried about you," but I'm pretty sure you couldn't see her lips actually saying this and there's literally no way CT wouldn't have responded back so I think that was an editing trick and didn't actually happen.

I think it was editing too. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Really not a fan of Phaedra after what she did to Kandi on Real Housewives of Atlanta. So I am so surprised I am rooting for her to get Dan or Pavarti banished.

She really is a perfect choice for a traitor.

Can't stand Phaedra for what she did to Kandi.  I can't stand her and her witch laugh.  I hope Dan and Pavarrti manage to get her out.  Was so happy when Larsa was gone.  Hope Tamara is next.  Sheree seems to be a non entity so far except to get made when the round table votes out a faithful.  I like MJ and hope she goes far. At least she has lasted longer than Reza from last season.

9 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Larsa looks like she was "improved" and then encased in plastic.  Sandra looks like a real person.

I cracked up at Sandra's comment.  Especially since Larsa has had surgery to look like a Kardashian, but denies it.  I'm hoping that Sandra is playing under the radar.  After all, she has won Survivor twice when never having a vote against her.  I hope she goes far.  

I like how this season is all known players.  Last season there were a lot of hurt feeling when Cirie won.  I think these players can handle it. Has the guy who was a MP been on any other reality shows?  I can't believe there were making such a big deal about him saying he had asthma and accusing him of lying about it.

• Like 8
21 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

I swear my husband brings up this toaster/island/sink situation during EVERY episode.  It truly is bonkers. 

I wonder if there used to be a countertop stove there. Or maybe it is just a trough sink and while filming they've put things in it so it doesn't look oddly empty (and to prevent Trishelle or Tamara from trying to bathe in it).

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

I completely missed that the boxer left the game the first time I watched.

Phaedra’s so dramatic 😂 

“Oh my lord, sweet baby Jesus! Not Ekin-Su. Lord not Ekin-Su”

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

Also, one more thing that I also think is editing is Parvati’s confused face when Ekin-Su enters the room for breakfast. I don’t believe Parvati would be that obvious.

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Also, one more thing that I also think is editing is Parvati’s confused face when Ekin-Su enters the room for breakfast. I don’t believe Parvati would be that obvious.

I agree. If she'd had such a Shaggy 'zoinks' reaction, surely someone would have noticed. Same thing with the editing while she was looking for a victim. It was made to look as if several people were watching her every move. It does make me wonder about the cameras. How many are there during the morning breakfast scenes? Are they filming 'man-to-man' so everyone is getting equal coverage and it doesn't give anything away? How many are operated by people in the room vs. being wall-mounted (or whatever)? There might be operational clues cast members could use which would serve them better than herd mentality.

• Like 8
(edited)

Anyone watching the Postmortem aftershow on Peacock? They interview the killed/banished and include comments from the Traitors. I do wish they'd show their reaction to hearing the identify of the Traitors. 

Group-think makes this such an easy game for the Traitors, especially with these self-absorbed twits.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

When did the boxer leave? He wasn’t banished and there was no traitor murder last week only the set up for E-S? 

From what I gather, he left on his own after being the lead voice I getting Maks kicked out of the mansion. I felt horrible. I wish they had talked about it at least briefly. It’s so nice so know that there are such caring people like him in this world.

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, snarts said:

Anyone watching the Postmortem aftershow on Peacock? They interview the killed/banished and include comments from the Traitors. I do wish they'd show their reaction to hearing the identify of the Traitors. 

Group-think makes this such an easy game for the Traitors, especially with these self-absorbed twits.

How are you watching the postmortem episodes? All I can find on Peacock is one episode, for the whole of season one (US). Obviously my search skills are lacking. 

• Like 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, snarts said:

Just now, SoMuchTV said:

How are you watching the postmortem episodes? All I can find on Peacock is one episode, for the whole of season one (US). Obviously my search skills are lacking. 

Yes. They put them on Youtube as well. I post them here on the forum. I posted the one for this episode upthread.

ETA: I also posted the first one on episode 3's thread.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, AntFTW said:

Yes. They put them on Youtube as well. I post them here on the forum. I posted the one for this episode upthread.

Aha, yes, I see your post now, from earlier today. So these are just on YouTube? Or are they on Peacock, but I’m just not looking on the right place?

On 1/19/2024 at 2:23 AM, AntFTW said:

So true but, for me, Alan Cumming is the essential ingredient!

• Like 7
Just now, SoMuchTV said:

Aha, yes, I see your post now, from earlier today. So these are just on YouTube? Or are they on Peacock, but I’m just not looking on the right place?

They're on Peacock as well. On Peacock, it's not within The Traitors US show as additional content. It's separate, called "The Traitors: Postmortem."

1 minute ago, ladle said:

So true but, for me, Alan Cumming is the essential ingredient!

Agreed! He's the perfect host.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 1/19/2024 at 10:55 AM, Stats Queen said:

See, I think he does know that! He and Parvati were both talking about how Phaedra is ultimately a threat to them because she'll never be found out. 

On 1/19/2024 at 6:53 AM, Jeffurry said:

Shereé said something like, "I'm voting for John. I don't think you're a traitor." WHAT?!?

And then she had the nerve to be all mad that folks had gotten it wrong with the vote. You don't really get to complain about the vote if you're just going to throw away your vote!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 1/19/2024 at 11:10 AM, meep.meep said:

I don't know anything about Sandra, but I freaking love how no-frills she is when it comes to her appearance on TV. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

They're on Peacock as well. On Peacock, it's not within The Traitors US show as additional content. It's separate, called "The Traitors: Postmortem."

Aha.  I think in Peacock, Traitors: Postmortem Season 1 is for Traitors season 2. That’s where I was getting tripped up. 

• Like 1
Just now, SoMuchTV said:

Aha.  I think in Peacock, Traitors: Postmortem Season 1 is for Traitors season 2. That’s where I was getting tripped up. 

Yes, it is. They didn't do postmortems for season 1 of The Traitors as far as I'm aware.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1