Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Remember Lupe, who complained and complained about her legs--it turned out that her hipbone had fractured and punched through the socket. <shudder>

Did that happen when she broke Dr. Now’s toilet? 

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I went to a fancy spa for a week once, in the 80s. (Greatest week of my life!) One of the exercise teachers said we could use cans of soup if we didn't have weights. 

I went to aerobics in the 80's at a women's fitness center. Jane Fonda.

TODAY, that same space is a medical marijuana dispensery and I *still* visit it on a regular basis 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Stamford, Bridgeport, Fairfield, back to Stamford, then an unfortunate detour to Maine where I am currently marooned. 

We have been in Florida for 35 years after the mister was transferred.  It was definitely culture shock for me to move here. Now I'm not sure I could move back. My oldest moved to Virginia. Thats about the farthest north I could live at this point. I've discovered its not about geography, its about finding your peeps. I was lucky we had a large research university in my city and I was on the faculty for 32 years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Why are these two sucking me in...

I'M ROOTING FOR YINZ!

Pittsburgh?

• Like 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Was it Gilbert who left Lupe then was back at Dr. Now’s with  another obese woman? 

Yes, after he split with Lupe and she went back to California with that old boyfriend, he was dating Karina (lived near Houston with her parents, and then moved out with a roommate).  I thought Dr. Now was shocked to see Gilbert.  

That Da Vinci robot is certainly a miracle machine.  

I love that she lost 30 lbs in the month after surgery, and she's walking around the grocery store. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
Just now, lemoncake said:

9:55 surgery. I feel cheated. I liked the show better when the first hour was before surgery and the second hour was after.

I'm not sure they film that far in advance anymore?

• Like 2

The surgery robot! My dad had a tumor removed from his kidney in November and they used one of those. (It was cancer but his follow-up scan last month was clear.)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not sure they film that far in advance anymore?

Yeah the first season followed people for 2 years 

• Like 3

Hey, she is walking in a grocery store!  And she continues to lose.  And due to start therapy (are we being cheated of Lola or Dr. Paradise???)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

Hey, Kelly Osbourne swears by it! Also, she swears. A lot. 

Oprah, Whitney Way Thore, Jazz...  All who couldn't lose an ounce for years (or decades) are now dropping 100 pounds seemingly without effort.  I've actually wondered if Ozempic and Wegovy might mean the end of WLS and this show!

Damien is good looking minus the missing tooth. 

Something is off, though...

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

The surgery robot! My dad had a tumor removed from his kidney in November and they used one of those. (It was cancer but his follow-up scan last month was clear.)

My husband had the Da Vinci robot for both kidney and prostate cancers a couple of months apart. The surgeon had the robot come over and shake “hands” with my husband right before the surgery started. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1

Damian talks!  And this park is more interesting than some we have seen.  I hope she continues to lose weight.  I would love a follow-up episode on her.

• Like 4
Just now, Hellga said:

Hey, she is walking in a grocery store!  And she continues to lose.  And due to start therapy (are we being cheated of Lola or Dr. Paradise???)

I think she will need therapy down the line to keep from gaining. I like her, she seems like a sweet person but needs support.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I love stores with shopping carts. They are like walkers. I’m old.

When houseguest and I go shopping I am always in charge of the cart. Also old. 

It was totally fab to see you all again! I sure missed my Pounder pals. See you next week, stay away from the grapes, don't be a giver upper! Love you all, peeps. Have a great week!

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I think she will need therapy down the line to keep from gaining. I like her, she seems like a sweet person but needs support.

I agree she absolutely needs it, and more than many, I just wish we got to see some of it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I really thought I wanted a good hate-watch tonight but this family is restoring my faith in humanity. Go Krystal!!!

So nice to hang with the Poundticipants! Everyone have a good week! Mind your eating habit!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Nice to spend two hours with you all. I have a lot of shows on the DVR that simply need watching, so have a good night, what’s left of it. Adieu.

I'm going to start watching Shogun on Hulu, per your recommendation. I'm still on the British police procedurals, started London Kills today. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Thanks for looking! You might be right. Tomorrow I’m going to check an independent drug store that had them last year. My daughters are looking in Maryland and Massachusetts. 

They are the best!  Made with pectin, and not too sweet.  Don't have that hard sugary shell the cheaper ones have.  CVS used to carry them, and I'd hit them up the day after Easter!  We are connoisseurs.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Was Lupe the one who had sex with her boyfriend right after surgery? I wanted to punch the TV

She was. 

SOO many stories 

4 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

What gave me away?

Yinz

I did 10 years in Philly. I've heard an accent or two.

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Dibs said:

They are the best!  Made with pectin, and not too sweet.  Don't have that hard sugary shell the cheaper ones have.  CVS used to carry them, and I'd hit them up the day after Easter!  We are connoisseurs.

I don't know about jelly beans, but I discovered Albanese gummy bears and they are so much better than Haribo's.  Softer and you can get naturally flavored ones too.  And the teeny tiny ones too.  

• Like 4