Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Another one who doesn't know how she got so big. It's a bad omen when you lie to yourself from the beginning. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

What does it say about a person when they are glad that they aren't 700 pounds?  Cruising through the 500s and 600s is okay?  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Wow I was off the mark, she is pretty mobile for someone so heavy

I'm surprised myself. And I correct my no butt theory. She has several. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mk828 said:

Cute! I lost my dog in June. I was walking her and when I picked up her poo, she saw a dog across the street and took off. The leash slipped out of my hand and she got hit :( I am never going to unsee it or forgive myself. 😩

Very sad. My condolences.

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Is this the first time that a poundticipant has taken their pet with them?

No, but usually the dogs are impossibly tiny. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

They need bigger chairs in that office given the clientele. Seriously someone could hurt themselves 

I think they are supersize chairs already (I think standard ones wouldn't hold her weight and would break) it's just their bulk would dwarf any chair. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

"oww my leg" was the late James King.    The one who fell off of the golf cart was Steven Assanti.   They do blur together after a while.  

The exam room, and waiting room chairs are over-sized, and very sturdy.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Does Damian speak? He's largely silent

That may be the best news in the episode.  The whole family looks addled. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Shoot her up with Ozempic for a year, and then see if things are better. Tik Tok is educating me. 

Hey, Kelly Osbourne swears by it! Also, she swears. A lot. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

They need bigger chairs in that office given the clientele. Seriously someone could hurt themselves 

And when they haul themselves out the chairs they'll make a noise like a champagne cork popping

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Shoot her up with Ozempic for a year, and then see if things are better. Tik Tok is educating me. 

I don’t get why Ozempic makes one thin…is it an appetite suppressant?

7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

He is the one that fell off the golf cart and used it as an excuse to quit his diet? 

Yeah, Dr. Now was right. He didn’t have long to live. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Food is a family hobby

Have we seen the parents?  Are they also huge?  The girls are on their way there, Damian is holding up better.

• Like 2
Just now, Chicklet said:

I have patients who are not losing weight on Ozempic which amazes me but evidently it can be done.

It doesn't work for everyone.  My body hardly noticed it. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
Just now, Chicklet said:

I have patients who are not losing weight on Ozempic which amazes me but evidently it can be done.

From what I've read the effects are very short lived. Even if you lose initially, you stop losing even while continuing the meds

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Girl! Your daughters are fat too! Everyone has to diet! 

I have a friend who just got WLS. He had to lose 100 pounds before he got the procedure done/ 

Ooh. Keep us posted as to how he does. I am rooting for him

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

Have we seen the parents?  Are they also huge?  The girls are on their way there, Damian is holding up better.

That's because he doesn't have enough teeth.....

• LOL 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

It slows stomach emptying so you stay fuller, longer, with less food. Some people experience nausea. Others say they just don't have cravings anymore, even when food they used to love is right in front of them. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Watching the poundicipants again makes me proud that I am working very hard on giving up fast food. Only gives me strength to keep going!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

That poor girl is in for a lifetime of back problems after pushing her super-heavy mother from such a young age, even if she doesn't herself balloon.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Damian is constrained by his appalling lack of teeth. Hard to kill a super sized bag of chips or a sack of tacos without decent choppers. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I lost 20 lbs after I retired. Stress eating is real, people 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

If she is able she should move now. Just going back to her own environment isn't going to help. I really wish the show provided a place for them to live. It seems like so many are in poverty anyway. Travel  and moving are not easy if you don't have money 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

That's because he doesn't have enough teeth.....

The way some of these poundticipants eat, teeth are a hindrance, if anything.  They just shove the food in with both hands as fast as the arms will move.  Had they stopped to chew carefully, they would actually feel satiated before they finished their dinner fit for five. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Generational poverty and lack of education really does damage brains and makes planning a life pretty difficult so no wonder they fail so often.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It slows digestion and slows absorbtion, so the stomach and intestines stay full longer...like, forever. For diabetics (me) it helps our blood sugar to remain stable because we absorb our fuel more slowly. I'm sure it does other things, but that was how they got me to take it. 

Cravings and ravenousness disappear, too, not in the speedy, zippy, Black Beauties/Dexatrim way, but just literally disappears. It's like waking up and everything smells a little spoiled and tastes kind of like rice chex with no milk....ugh, never mind, I'll just have tea, thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4

I was on it for 18 months - until I got pancreatitis. I went on it for diabetes; weight loss was a side effect.

Many on O get nauseous, so they don't eat much, hence the weight loss. When they do eat, they are okay with smaller amounts. I didn't have the physical issues, but I did have what we called 'disinterest in food.' I just didn't want it.

I did well, lowered my blood sugar a lot, lost weight, and had minimal issues, then got the g.d. pancreatitis and can't take any drugs from that family anymore. It's been almost a year. I was afraid I'd gain the weight back, but I still eat smaller portions and am still losing weight, slowly. My blood sugar is even better on Jardiance than it was on O, so there's that.

I practically was on my knees with the endo in the hospital, begging to stay on O, tho. I've been diabetic for a long time and it was getting harder to stay in control.

• Hugs 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Ooh. Keep us posted as to how he does. I am rooting for him

He's doing well! He just had the procedure a few weeks ago. He's continuing to lose weight and looks great! He was well over 400 pounds! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey everybody!  Just remembered the live thread. Please tell me, how tall is this lady?  I must have missed it.  

I don’t think they said, but I don’t think she is especially tall 

• Like 1
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

I lost about 30 pounds after I adopted my dog in 2022. Mostly, I don’t get up from my chair anymore for snacks while I watch tv because she’ll think I’m getting ready to take her out and she won’t quit bugging me once that happens.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

I don't know if it's true, but a friend who's a nurse said that she went on the other injectible (Monjaro or something like that), and after months on it, and spending $1700 on it, she only lost 4 lbs.    She claims that since she didn't have a gallbladder, that it didn't work, but I don't know if that's true.  

At least Krystal's really trying. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

It slows digestion and slows absorbtion, so the stomach and intestines stay full longer...like, forever. For diabetics (me) it helps our blood sugar to remain stable because we absorb our fuel more slowly. I'm sure it does other things, but that was how they got me to take it. 

Cravings and ravenousness disappear, too, not in the speedy, zippy, Black Beauties/Dexatrim way, but just literally disappears. It's like waking up and everything smells a little spoiled and tastes kind of like rice chex with no milk....ugh, never mind, I'll just have tea, thanks. 

Supposedly, takes away cravings for alcohol. 

• Useful 1