Type keyword(s) to search

The 81st Golden Globe Awards (2024)

• Start Topic

Was Doctor Who Acting Shade-y? Are Reindeer Games Kinda Great? Can Someone Please Stream Homicide Already? And More TV Qs
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, KIMBERLY ROOTS, DAVE NEMETZ, REBECCA IANNUCCI, RYAN SCHWARTZ, NICK CARUSO   DECEMBER 15, 2023
https://tvline.com/features/doctor-who-special-toymaker-marionette-show-steve-moffat-companions-1235098494/ 

6 | What exactly will determine the winner of the Golden Globes’ new “Cinematic and Box Office Achievement” category? We already know which nominee had the biggest box office, and probably which was most profitable. So… is it the best, quality-wise, of the nominated blockbusters? But if so, wouldn’t this year’s Best Drama or Comedy winner, if among them, effectively win twice

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
On 12/29/2023 at 7:37 AM, Avabelle said:

Any idea who will be presenting? I’m trying to get an idea of who’s attending so I know if I’m bothered watching. 

I'm not seeing any announcements. The show airs on Sunday, and I've seen little-to-no promotion.

3 hours ago, Avabelle said:

No promotion but looking at the below presenter list they’re back to the norm attendance wise.

https://www.justjared.com/2024/01/05/golden-globes-2024-full-presenters-list-revealed-with-23-more-stars-added/#more-1984861

Are people watching live tonight?

I've seen a few Ad Breaks on YouTube for the show tonight but that has been it.  I will watch it I always watch it and just have fun talking about it with everyone else. I'm more surprised E! is not airing the pre show.  I found it will stream online so I will watch the red carpet on YouTube.

Yes I saw et online and variety streaming so I’ll watch that and potentially catch the actual show tomorrow as I’m in Ireland watching and starts at 1am.

im surprised ET not doing full coverage. I assume cbs wouldn’t give them a decent coverage spot? It’s the kick off for awards season so it’s a shock tO me they weren’t all over it.

My only gripe with variety is Marc Malkin at variety is a brutal interviewer. He just giggles his way through everything and it’s so irritating to watch. 

I didn't know Matt Bomer tried out to be one of the Ken's in Barbie. I remember the first time I saw him was in Guiding Light. 

What the hell is Natasha Lyonne wearing? She looks like a statue or something.

• Like 2

Nicholas Cage always comes across as gloriously batshit. 

I wish Marc Malkin would stop shouting over the celebs and just let them speak a full sentence.

• Like 5

Damn I got my snacks all ready and turned on E! ready to kick back and watch some disastrous fashions and they're on their 10 millionth replay of Sweet Home Alabama.. da fuq?! So now the red carpet has been relegated to YouTube? That's fucked up!

• Like 2

Jesus guys I might need to switch off. I’ve so much second hand embarrassment with Marc and how awkward these interviews are. He’s just so so awful.

the only decent interviewer is Angelique and they’ve relegated her to the background. Shes barely interviewing anyone. 

They are really burning through these Interviews. Part of me appreciates that because on E! They had to factor in for the commercials and waste time a bit but they also feel like they are cutting some people off.  It feels more awkward as well.

• Like 1
(edited)

Man, that was rough.  Possibly one of the roughest openings yet?  That's saying something.

And despite all of the roasting, he plays it safe with Jared Leto of all people?  Leto probably loves being called "Hot Jesus."

Oh, shit, Da'Vine!  I guess the new voting system really is changing things if the arguably lesser known nominee takes it.  Good for her though: heard she was excellent in The Holdovers.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Like 1

One thing ill Say in the hosts defence - he wasn’t great but the audience were total dry shites about some of the jokes at their expense. It’s a friggin award show guys lighten up.

• Like 6

Not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed the schtick between Angela and Jared. Maybe because the opening monologue was so painful, it felt like a breath of fresh air.

At the moment I really like how they are presenting the nominees with an image from their role in the movie.

• Like 5