Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E20: Sister Wives Look Back (Special Episode)

altopower
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, zamp33 said:

you usually hear all these horror stories of reality stars and children actors - but the Brown kids all seem happy, settled and thriving in their post-Reality lives.

And what do they have in common besides being siblings? They've grown up and moved out on their own, they're rarely if ever on the show any more, and they left Kody behind while they maintain relationships with the OG moms and each other. Bingo. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, MsMalin said:

In all fairness though, it must be hard when you are so hated in social media.  I think the biggest lesson here is "Be careful what you wish for". TV stardom was the worst thing to happen to the Browns.

I bet she's also depressed that she got what she wanted and what Kody kept telling her he wanted, and now she has to deal with his anger at being 'betrayed' by the other wives. And those wives seem to be pretty happy, something she probably hasn't experienced much in her life.

• Like 17
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

is there a talk back part 2?

Yes, this Friday, December 29th at 9/8 central. And something is showing on New Year's Eve but I'm not sure what. Another big night for me here, so I'll watch it I'm sure. Maybe the thread will unlock!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, altopower said:

Yes, this Friday, December 29th at 9/8 central. And something is showing on New Year's Eve but I'm not sure what. Another big night for me here, so I'll watch it I'm sure. Maybe the thread will unlock!

Thank you.

• Like 2
On 12/24/2023 at 9:08 PM, altopower said:

Created because the official thread is still locked 10 minutes into the episode.

I really love Meri's comments about "Were you lying then or are you lying now?" about Kody talking about being in love with all his wives.

Maybe I'm the only one watching this after all. I clearly don't have much of a life if I'm watching Kody be a moron on Christmas Eve.

I'm right there with you!

• Like 8
1 hour ago, altopower said:

. . .something is showing on New Year's Eve but I'm not sure what. 

My guide is showing Look Back: How It's Going.   A look back at the huge ups and downs of the relationship roller coaster the family has been on.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
Just now, Sweetpea12 said:

My guide is showing Look Back: How It's Going.   A look back at the huge ups and downs of the relationship roller coaster the family has been on.

Thanks @Sweetpea12!  Seems an appropriate episode for New Year's Eve. But what with all this looking back stuff, I hope they're running out of clips episodes soon.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I watched this one time, and now I can't find a link. I don't find it on TLC. Also, is there a talk back part 2?

I was going to record it and forgot, and you're right - it's hard to find anywhere - I couldn't locate it on Hulu, TLC or HBO Max.  Thank you for the link, @Ms.Lulu!

• Like 1

Do none of these people know how to correctly pronounce the word feel?   It's feel...not fill.   I fill bad that none can pronounce feel correctly..lol!  Drives me nuts.   Also..I don't believe there is a more unlikable person on reality tv  than Kody Brown.  My wish for the New Year is no more Browns on tv...enough!

Edited by Swiss
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

As much as I want them off my TV, I want to see the bitter end when CryBrows dumps his a$$ and leaves him. Kootie in the motor home out on CP all alone and the OG living their best happy lives, would be the perfect ending!! Crybrows can go find another sucker to woo...

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Swiss said:

Do none of these people know how to correctly pronounce the word feel?   It's feel...not fill.   I fill bad that none can pronounce feel correctly..lol!  Drives me nuts.   Also..I don't believe there is a more unlikable person on reality tv  than Kody Brown.  My wish for the New Year is no more Browns on tv...enough!

Just as irritating to me as hearing them drop the g's as in goin(g), comin(g).

Old school here, but teachers would have rapped our knuckles for this sloppy diction.  The only thing I can surmise is that this is acceptable regionally and the teachers were raised locally and it sounds fine to them 

• Like 10
On 12/25/2023 at 9:13 PM, islandgal140 said:

I refuse to see a divorced woman, thousands of dollars in debt with 3 kids as new and shiny.  Robyn was refurbished, AT BEST.

And so as not to appear sexist, Kody is used factory seconds, with bald tires. NO refunds. 

Island Girl, love this, so funny ! 

In all seriousness, I cannot believe I have been watching this crap for 13 years. I need to re-examine my priorities in the new year.

So strange to see them 13 years ago, esp K&R. Such a stark contrast to the deranged lunatic that Kody is today, and the frowning, dumpy, crying victim that Robyn is now.

I have always felt bad for Meri with her fertility struggles. It must be awful even in normal relationships, but with Janelle and Christine apparently super fertile, my gosh that would be positively crushing. I don't know how she got thru it. In addition, I think many of her hangups over the years (the size of her house, the whole wet bar thing, the b&b, hanging on for K to change his mind about her, etc) were producer-driven. Now it appears that role is over or almost over, and I kind of like Meri. She's funny and seems much more normal. 

I wonder how successful plygs see Kody today, like Brady with the 5 wives, and that other guy who exercises with his 3 wives, 2 of whom were cousins or sisters. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Island Girl, love this, so funny ! 

In all seriousness, I cannot believe I have been watching this crap for 13 years. I need to re-examine my priorities in the new year.

So strange to see them 13 years ago, esp K&R. Such a stark contrast to the deranged lunatic that Kody is today, and the frowning, dumpy, crying victim that Robyn is now.

I have always felt bad for Meri with her fertility struggles. It must be awful even in normal relationships, but with Janelle and Christine apparently super fertile, my gosh that would be positively crushing. I don't know how she got thru it. In addition, I think many of her hangups over the years (the size of her house, the whole wet bar thing, the b&b, hanging on for K to change his mind about her, etc) were producer-driven. Now it appears that role is over or almost over, and I kind of like Meri. She's funny and seems much more normal. 

I wonder how successful plygs see Kody today, like Brady with the 5 wives, and that other guy who exercises with his 3 wives, 2 of whom were cousins or sisters. 

They think he's a moron.  Just like we do.

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
On 12/26/2023 at 9:49 AM, MsMalin said:

And Robyn, its not just that she was thinner, but she was happy and smiling. Now she has that perpetual turned down frown and it it very unbecoming. Meanwhile, the 3 others are beaming and.happy.  In the.Friday episode she could not have looked more miserable.

Just a miniscule defense of Robyn here: some of that is how some of us age. I have frown lines. I'm getting a tiny bit jowly. When I'm not actively smiling, it looks like I'm frowning, because the corners of my mouth have moved south.

If I smiled all the time, I'd look like I was crazy. 

On 12/27/2023 at 12:57 PM, Swiss said:

Do none of these people know how to correctly pronounce the word feel?   It's feel...not fill.   I fill bad that none can pronounce feel correctly..lol!  Drives me nuts. 

It drives me nuts too, but it's just their regional accent. Over the summer, Christine, David, Truely, Aspyn, Mitch, Mykelti, and Ysabel went to UK. Mykelti put some videos of their trip up on her Patreon. She pronounced "Wales" more like "Wells."

Also..I don't believe there is a more unlikable person on reality tv  than Kody Brown.  My wish for the New Year is no more Browns on tv...enough!

Kody is awful, isn't he? I really do think he is a narcissist, or has some other pathology at play. 

I don't want to see the show end yet, but I'd like to see it adapt to the reality of its cast members' lives.

Since Christine announced her intention to leave Kody, and moved his hoarded belongings out of her house, I think the overall storyline has gotten more interesting. There's been something to root for — that is, the the departures of Janelle and Meri, too.

It's the storytelling that I find lacking. The production needs to change it up a little. It also maybe needs to demand some group meetings and interviews with the adults. These people are all money hungry grifters who know they'll never earn this much cash again. I think they'll give into pressure if it's applied right.

It's not the same show without the whole family (or at least all of the adults) getting together to do things (even contrived meetings), but the production hasn't changed the formula much.

Why wish for the show's demise, though? I don't mean this in a snarky way, so I hope it doesn't come across as such: you can just stop watching, and it's over for you, but those of us who are still interested can keep watching. 

• Like 15
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Just a miniscule defense of Robyn here: some of that is how some of us age. I have frown lines. I'm getting a tiny bit jowly. When I'm not actively smiling, it looks like I'm frowning, because the corners of my mouth have moved south.

I bet if you were on tv, you would smile and appear friendly for the camera.  (And I bet you are beautiful!). Robyn is actively glowering in these Look Backs.  She either doesn't care anymore or she thinks we all want to see her as a poor trod-upon victim.

• Like 11
3 hours ago, General Days said:

It drives me nuts too, but it's just their regional accent. Over the summer, Christine, David, Truely, Aspyn, Mitch, Mykelti, and Ysabel went to UK. Mykelti put some videos of their trip up on her Patreon. She pronounced "Wales" more like "Wells."

Kody is awful, isn't he? I really do think he is a narcissist, or has some other pathology at play. 

I don't want to see the show end yet, but I'd like to see it adapt to the reality of its cast members' lives.

Since Christine announced her intention to leave Kody, and moved his hoarded belongings out of her house, I think the overall storyline has gotten more interesting. There's been something to root for — that is, the the departures of Janelle and Meri, too.

It's the storytelling that I find lacking. The production needs to change it up a little. It also maybe needs to demand some group meetings and interviews with the adults. These people are all money hungry grifters who know they'll never earn this much cash again. I think they'll give into pressure if it's applied right.

It's not the same show without the whole family (or at least all of the adults) getting together to do things (even contrived meetings), but the production hasn't changed the formula much.

Why wish for the show's demise, though? I don't mean this in a snarky way, so I hope it doesn't come across as such: you can just stop watching, and it's over for you, but those of us who are still interested can keep watching. 

I totally get what you're saying.  I  think I'd just like the TLC $$$ train to drive out of the station so that Douchie & Crybrows had to actually FIND A WAY TO MAKE MONEY.  I.E.: A J-O-B!  Like the rest of us.  Live on a budget, pay your taxes and mortgage, etc.  Is this too much to ask for? I don't think so.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I totally get what you're saying.  I  think I'd just like the TLC $$$ train to drive out of the station so that Douchie & Crybrows had to actually FIND A WAY TO MAKE MONEY.  I.E.: A J-O-B!  Like the rest of us.  Live on a budget, pay your taxes and mortgage, etc.  Is this too much to ask for? I don't think so.

Oh, yeah. If only they could find a way to film that and not pay them. Best. Show. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 12/25/2023 at 3:14 PM, zamp33 said:

I personally think that this format is so much more interesting than the one on ones! I have been really enjoying it. 

Could Robyn be anymore dramatic at the sight of the commitment ceremony? 

That was so ridiculous!! She's making a fool out of herself!!

Edited by ladyscorpio
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, ladyscorpio said:

That was so ridiculous!! She's making a fool out of herself!!

She is trying way too hard to get people to feel sorry for her! All an act, I doubt anyone really believes she cries that much!! I sure don't!!

Especially since there is never a tear to be seen!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

She is trying way too hard to get people to feel sorry for her! All an act, I doubt anyone really believes she cries that much!! I sure don't!!

Since she never actually sheds tears, I doubt anyone is buying the whole weeping and wailing act.  Dabbing at fake tears and grabbing fistfuls of tissue is just an act.  I have seen toddlers throw more respectable tantrums.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Especially since there is never a tear to be seen!!

The only person dumb enough to believe her fake sobbing is Kody.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Is it me, or is this format kind of awesome? I'd still love to see the adults confronting one another in person, but reacting to this old tape is the next best thing. Kody's "acting" was sure fooling me when it comes to his former affection for the OG3. And the wedding dress situation was a hell of a prediction of the favoritism to come.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Is it me, or is this format kind of awesome?

Not just you at all! Back in the old days they would all be on the couch together but this is actually better since the OG3 are free! and obviously feel able to say whatever they want. Before the reactions were mostly subdued, or at least that's how I remember them. 

I hated the whole wedding dress situation. The OG3 were invited to go dress shopping which seemed gracious and open to a good fresh start for the wives, but then Kody dropped his bomb about picking the dress. And boy was he full of himself about it. Robyn didn't want him to tell the others, and I can't decide if telling was worse than NOT telling, because you know they would have found out anyway. I didn't like him before but I really didn't like or trust either Robyn or Kody after that.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
16 minutes ago, altopower said:

I can't decide if telling was worse than NOT telling, because you know they would have found out anyway.

Well, why are you even doing things that you know would upset the other wives? How about you just treat them equally in the first place so there's nothing to hide? Then you might not have gotten the knife in the kidneys.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I just watched the 2 look back episodes.... the most honest thing we've seen in the entire history of this shit show is Christine's facial responses to the bullshit flowing out of Kody's mouth. Can we get  new TLC series, Christine and Meri's friend Jen together rewatching the series from the start? I honestly think they would love each other and the comments would be fire. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I just watched the 2 look back episodes.... the most honest thing we've seen in the entire history of this shit show is Christine's facial responses to the bullshit flowing out of Kody's mouth. Can we get  new TLC series, Christine and Meri's friend Jen together rewatching the series from the start? I honestly think they would love each other and the comments would be fire. 

After having had a wine party.  🤭

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 12/25/2023 at 8:37 AM, endure said:

It's truly beyond logic to understand Kody when he is such a raging narcissist plus throw in the other misogynist and religious beliefs he has.  I guess he just can't accept any of what he deems personal failure.  No doubt he never loved his OG wives like he loves Robyn, and they were never as needy, dependent or obedient as she is.  And even in the show we saw some of the issues he had with his wives especially Meri and Christine to a point.  But every marriage has some issues.  We have never really been privy to his life with Robyn, their door is closed off more the other families were.  The wives eventually walked away from the commitment they had, some more easily than others.  But he essentially drove them out and yet his ego just can't  handle or accept he played a major role, the same way he has to blame Christine for the issues he has with his children.  If he isn't revered, adored and needed he is nothing and will not accept any reality no matter how much he sees his part played over and over again even on camera. It's always striking how happy and well Christine, Janelle and Meri look and behave since leaving and moving on.  It's in such sharp contrast to how Kody is living his miserable resentful life. 

For giggles, here is a section of their book:

I can't always pinpoint the moment I fell in love with each of my individual wives, and I don't always feel that love all the time but the love is so deep I can't imagine being without it.  Our bond is the kind of thing you know you need for the rest of your life (lots of words I don't want to type but aren't important) when I have been away from any one wife for too long, I feel an emotional ache.

So for him to say he didn't love his OG wives, he is rewriting history.  But what is clear as day is this isn't the same Kody the 3 married.  I don't know about others that have read the book but I feel I need a highlighter to mark up the bullshit.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

For giggles, here is a section of their book:

I can't always pinpoint the moment I fell in love with each of my individual wives, and I don't always feel that love all the time but the love is so deep I can't imagine being without it.  Our bond is the kind of thing you know you need for the rest of your life (lots of words I don't want to type but aren't important) when I have been away from any one wife for too long, I feel an emotional ache.

So for him to say he didn't love his OG wives, he is rewriting history.  But what is clear as day is this isn't the same Kody the 3 married.  I don't know about others that have read the book but I feel I need a highlighter to mark up the bullshit.

Wow he’s such a hypocrite and liar and so stupid lol.  I wasn’t aware he even wrote a book, thanks!

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, endure said:

Wow he’s such a hypocrite and liar and so stupid lol.  I wasn’t aware he even wrote a book, thanks!

It is in the Becoming Sister Wives.  They each had a section where they write about their history.  I hadn't read it since 2018 and wow.  I had forgotten a lot of it.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Another blurb from the book that is interesting. Meri and Kody had just met with Robyn at that dance.

Despite minor disagreements, our family was stable.  All my wives were happy.  Our children were happy.  We had arrived at the place we had been dreaming of since i married Christine.  it seemed like an insane idea to threaten the peace in our household by considering a new wife.

My guess is Meri had a girl crush on Robyn (by the way Kody described Meri chasing her at the dance) and Kody had a boner.  Ok, he claims it was love at first site and not a loin thing.  Maybe Kody needs to re read what he wrote.  Meri being a harridan wasn't the reason for more wives.  This was a decision between the 2 of them the entire time.  He had a crush on Janelle and took her to lunch and had intimate discussions with her behind Meri's back.  He had a lot of fun with Christine and minus the nacho snafu, he thought she was cute and fun and just what the family needed.   🤷‍♂️ and 🙋‍♀️  i have questions.

*i need a new keyboard.  Can't capitalize i's!

• Like 9