Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Big Brother: Reindeer Games

• Start Topic

Derek is the elf.

All this time I was thinking it was cop Derick.  I was not looking forward to that.  This Derek is much better.

Brit already know why crooner was dumped, he's cringe.  lol

To add to your idea.  We need commentators to call the episodes commentators like Harry Doyle in Major League.

And we have a tiny g-man comp; gingerbread man that is.

Son of a biscuit eatin' shrimp?  lol

Xavier gets the win.

Brit wins! Xavier?

ab0a1d471abf91bba55107936165aab3.gif

Now will Brit put in Josh or Dani?

And Dani it is because Xavier told Brit he was protecting Dani.  I believe I would have put in Josh.

Dani's gone.  Her present is $5k!  Good for her!

This is all the way weird. I'm enjoying this, I love the challenges, and even Frankie isn't bothering me. Nor is Josh really. I think since Frankie got his wish of being a "celebrity" he's chilled out just a bit. And with this only being a couple of weeks, I will probably survive. 

They should do this every winter, with Celebrity BB in the spring, and normal in the summer. Is that too much?

• Like 11

I really like that so far the comp results have been unexpected.  Who could have called Nicole of all people winning a comp that required focus and precision?  Also, Xavier (who they are all afraid of) botched the comp yesterday and almost lost today.  I loved that he was telling everyone that whoever went next couldn't possibly come back because he only had 19 seconds left and Britney had a minute less and still ended with 1:30 on the clock.

I'm a little sad that Danielle went, but honestly, for someone who claims they aren't good at comps, this almost all comp-based mini-season may not have been the best fit.  She'd have to win something at some point to take home the $$.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Xavier the comp beast is not very good at comps.

Been interesting, huh?

So, the ‘legend’ once again loses….just stay away from my screen please and take care of those gorgeous grandchildren.  Of course she’d get the money!  (rolls eyes)

Damn you show, making me feel for Brittany!  Glad she won though.

I'd love to see someone who's never one before win here so I'm rooting for Britney in that sense, especially now with Danielle gone. Glad she got the cash prize on her way out.

This has actually been pretty enjoyable because it hasn't felt like a march to a predetermined obvious winner, the way the last few seasons have felt.

Taylor has been coming across as vaguely smug in her interviews. Methinks her popularity and winning America's Favorite Player has gone to her head a bit. 

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I love the challenges, and even Frankie isn't bothering me. Nor is Josh really. I think since Frankie got his wish of being a "celebrity" he's chilled out just a bit.

This is chilled out Frankie? He's still the reason I can barely stand to watch this thing, he's just always on. He's exhausting. I agree about Josh though, surprisingly.

Britney was right to target Danielle, she was playing all sides, and maybe over-played by having a sub alliance with Xavier who was too stupid to keep his mouth shut about it. 

I like Danielle, but she got got, and she was kind of a bad sport about it. She acted like she couldn't understand why "her girl" Britney would do this to her. Uh, maybe because of all those side alliances you've been bragging about? She also slammed the door on her way out to the wheel, then when Britney said she was sorry and went to hug her, Danielle could barely look at her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This is chilled out Frankie? He's still the reason I can barely stand to watch this thing, he's just always on. He's exhausting. I agree about Josh though, surprisingly.

I did say just a bit! 😄

I mean, he's still annoying and OTT, and overall I'd prefer he wasn't on, but I'm not driven off like I would be with, say, Paul.

Gotta root for Britney, of all those that are left.

I’m making my husband watch this with me because I don’t have the strength to go it alone. 

I tell him Josh is garbage but I’m not getting supporting evidence. (Trust me, I say.)

I say Britney is hilarious and he says hmm, when?

I say Danielle is awesome and he doesn’t see that, either.

Even Nicole isn’t coming off as annoying as she should. But Frankie, the overly dramatic narcissistic diva? He gets that immediately.

As for me, I’m a little disappointed in X, who is coming off like a pouty child who is used to being the center of attention and doesn’t understand why people aren’t falling at his feet. Taylor also seems to be a little more full of herself than I remembered.

At this point, I’m rooting for an elf takeover. Derek for the win!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

X has only played before as part of a big loyal alliance, with bigger targets he could use as shields and others doing a lot of the social work for him. Although he and Taylor put together a four person alliance, Dani is gone (alas), Taylor had to go against him in the trim a tree alliance, and Josh is probably still annoyed by his team assignment in the same challenge. So X is having to play a very different game than he is used to and I don’t think he is going to shine as brightly. 

I think Nicole might pull out another win…

• Like 4

I will say that the focus on games rather than interpersonal drama is making everyone shine a little brighter. If I didn’t know better, I would think these are all very likeable people! (Well, except for Frankie. Some turds just can’t be polished.)

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

I am continuing to enjoy the Reindeer Games. I do fast forward a bit , diary rooms are too scripted, but overall I really like it.
The comps are so fair for everyone. Big Brother OG needs more comps like this. It will change the composition of alliances. You cant have just physical comp beasts, you need all kinds.
If this is an experiment or "beta test" for Big Brother, they are on the right track.

• Like 2

This spinoff continues to be highly entertaining, even when someone I was enjoying goes. It just feels more equitable compared to regular Big Brother, and I think that's a nice feeling. Even when there's a comp like this hamster wheel puzzle that is more strength-based, it feels doable. And I loved the Santa's Showdown twist with Nicole picking one person to complete the puzzle, and then the next person goes by with less time. It's strategical, mental AND physical all in one.

I liked Danielle but I think there was always a chance of her going early. But she did well, she beat out Cameron and Cody and honestly, just looking at how far she made it INTO the Santa's Showdown Hamster Wheel Puzzle, she was slated to do better than Xavier did. So I'd call that a personal win.

Xavier is no true comp beast, as it turns out. 4 minute and 16 seconds on the puzzle? And Britney completed it in far less time? She finished in half the time it took Xavier (and she also completed it faster than Frankie, I believe). I'm glad the edit was a bit misleading. Even though it became obvious that she'd finish it with the time left in the episode, it was still tense and nervewracking.

I get why Britney turned on Danielle. Xavier opened his mouth and Britney read things wrong. It sucks, but it happened. Plus, Britney/Danielle were probably both secretly hoping the other would go next and lose. 

I also put blame on Frankie for what happened. Britney AND Nicole both outright told him "don't put Xavier next, Britney will be picked to go". And what does he do? He picks Xavier to go to "protect himself". Granted, Xavier very nearly left because he sucked ass at the comp, but Frankie almost gave Xavier an easy out. I'm guessing Frankie wants to work with Xavier, or else he would have chosen someone else instead.

Good on Nicole for winning the Brawl. I did laugh at her early celebration, only to have two pieces swapped and having to redo it before getting the win. I guess the Tiny Gingerbread Man comp IS difficult; it's all we hear whenever they do this comp. 

This Reindeer Games has had such equitable comps, I'm going to be pissed off when regular Big Brother DOESN'T learn from this and transfer these comps over. And, let me just say, as others have pointed out before, you mean to tell me they've HAD these comps ready to go and they DIDN'T implement even one of them in BB25? Really?

• Like 4
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Good on Nicole for winning the Brawl. I did laugh at her early celebration, only to have two pieces swapped and having to redo it before getting the win. I guess the Tiny Gingerbread Man comp IS difficult; it's all we hear whenever they do this comp. 

I (note I have absolutely no arm strength:  I can't even do a pushup unless my knees are on the ground) think it's partly that they have to hold their elbows up to shoulder level (or higher?) so that both their faces and their hands can be visible to the camera.  That would wear me out immediately!  As a southpaw I always note when people are left-handed, and I saw Josh started out with his left but later switched to his right, so that was interesting that they can use either hand.  

Yay for Derek.  I always enjoy seeing him.

• Like 2
On 12/15/2023 at 12:01 PM, Ivana Tinkle said:

Taylor has been coming across as vaguely smug in her interviews. Methinks her popularity and winning America's Favorite Player has gone to her head a bit. 

She had a similar personality on her season.   A tad overly confident.    But then the house turned into a mob of meanies against her for no real reason and the viewership sympathized with her.  

• Like 3