Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Ring Around the Rumor

• Start Topic

It's politically incorrect to say so, but it's possible Kyle's angry simmering and 0 to bitch behavior is made worse by hormonal changes. I know several women whose behavior changed notably during menopause. Lots of irritation and outbursts, even at business meetings. Lasted a couple of years then smoothed out.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
7 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It's politically incorrect to say so, but it's possible Kyle's angry simmering and 0 to bitch behavior is made worse by hormonal changes. I know several women whose behavior changed notably during menopause. Lots of irritation and outbursts, even at business meetings. Lasted a couple of years then smoothed out.

I'm so glad you said "made worse" because really, Kyle's always been a bitch.

As @hoodooznoodooz so eloquently stated, she's now demanding empathy from everyone when she's never once shown any. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Anyone can attempt to change a custody agreement. In US legal circles it's understood that parents do not try to change custody unless there has been a significant change in circumstance, which a move to another country would be.

Many parents panic when one of them decides to move, because it can open up expensive, stressful custody negotiations again. It appears Sutton was uncertain as to whether Christian would try this.

Exactly. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

This can also explain Suttons angry and appalled reaction to Erica suddenly spread eagled out on stage enacting a public cunnilingus scene 🎬 while being a group member of Suttons peers out on the town, and quickly leaving the room it was being performed in.

Sutton was probably horrified that she would be seen as someone who would engage willingly in such debauchery and be involved with someone like Erica, which does not look good for a custodial parent of a minor. She was probably instantly terrified of the ramifications that could occur if her Ex used this scene as proof that Sutton is an unfit mother and win a fight for custody of their youngest.

She would lose her child to him and to overseas. 🙀😿

That would make me furious too, and upset and terrified at the same time at the out of the blue shenanigans Erica pulled on their night out.

Sutton innocently thought she was going to a regular male dancing stripper show, with her dollar bills at the ready, for the tamer type of show most people think they are going to be seeing. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 4

Did anyone else notice how Vile Kyle got instantly louder and more accusatory about Sutton as soon as Crystal walked in the room to find out where they were and what they were doing and get them to return to the party? 

Kyle wanted to insinuate to Crystal that Sutton was just crazy insane and “unhinged” by become louder and pretending that the conversation and Suttons “behavior”was much worse, before Crystal came in and interrupted them.

What a bitch and liar and performance artist poor victim Kyle is.
It’s all an act with her. Constantly trying to character assassinate at any opportunity she can against Sutton, in this instance. 

AND it was disgusting she immediately thought it was a good thing because it meant more $$ for Sutton, this custody action. It’s all only about $$ to Vile Kyle. Thats the only thing that holds importance in her shallow world.

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Did anyone else notice how Vile Kyle got instantly louder and more accusatory about Sutton as soon as Crystal walked in the room to find out where they were and what they were doing and get them to return to the party? 

Kyle wanted to insinuate to Crystal that Sutton was just crazy insane and “unhinged” by become louder and pretending that the conversation and Suttons “behavior”was much worse, before Crystal came in and interrupted them.

It’s all an act with her. Constantly trying to character assassinate at any opportunity she can against Sutton, in this instance. 

AND it was disgusting she immediately thought it was a good thing because it meant more $$ for Sutton, this custody action. It’s all only about $$ to Vile Kyle. Thats the only thing that holds importance in her shallow world.

What I loved even more is that Crystal didn't fall for Kyle's spiel. She said they were both guilty of the same, which is fair. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
On 12/3/2023 at 3:17 PM, politichick said:

I don't think she was using it as a status thing but to make a point about how powerful an adversary Christian is and her concern about having to negotiate with him again. His work requires an extremely high level of intellect that is not required of a real estate person, whose job requires a high level of charisma and average intelligence. Not at all saying Mo is unintelligent, but he is just selling houses, and very successfully, but it's not the high-level work that Christian performs. It's purportedly $500 million net worth vs. $100 million.

We think Mauricio is worth 100 million???

16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

He was moving out of the country, and there were already custody agreements in place, meaning the only underaged kid couldn't even move out of state without the mother agreeing, let alone the country. 

Not necessarily.  Things can definitely change.  And she said something like, “maybe he (son) would rather live with him in London..”  So she was also worried about that.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Seems to me that most of the time it’s Kyle who goes from 0 to 60. She is so tightly wound that she goes off almost the minute someone speaks to her. Look how quick she went off at the party. She is constantly spoiling for a fight, and if anyone looks “unhinged,” it’s Kyle…anything to deflect attention away from her.

Yeah…her making Sutton’s problem all about money was disgusting.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

We think Mauricio is worth 100 million???

Not necessarily.  Things can definitely change.  And she said something like, “maybe he (son) would rather live with him in London..”  So she was also worried about that.

Apparently.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/mauricio-umansky-net-worth

This was pretty much the number when I Googled his net worth.

As for Sutton, depending on how old the kid is, the kid could have a say in custody, too. Bottom line — this is complicated, and Sutton had every right to be scared/sad/worried about it, especially with a vindictive ex. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

she said something like, “maybe he (son) would rather live with him in London..”  So she was also worried about that.

Sutton seemed to get a bit choked up over the possibility that James might want to move to London to live with Christian.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
On 12/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, 90sfan said:

It felt like Kyle has been begging someone to outright ask about her marriage. have.

THIS!! The repeated season one over the weekend and caught the dreaded limo scene with Kim and that episode really showed Kyle for who she is. At the party Kim comes in and hugs her best friend Melody and now I will say that editing may be at play here because we then see Kyle say that Kim is acting drunk. She whispers this to Lisa who of course looks bewildered and a tad bit taken aback. I like Lisa but I do have to admit that I didn't like how she handled the Kim situation with Kyle. Granted Kyle could have had this moment after observing Kim at the party for a while but the editing makes it seem like Kyle says this no long after Kim arrives at the party. 

After the Taylor Kim confrontation and you have ALL the wives hovering around Kim and Taylor continuously attacking Kim and Kyles bullshit, Kim removes herself from the party. Kyle then talks to Adrienne and IS DESPERATE for Adrienne to "ask the right question" because Kyle lays it on thick about how "nobody knows what she's gone through with her sister, there's a lot of crap that she CAN'T talk about"....... She goes on and on extra distraught and pained and continues to drop hints about all the things about Kim she HAS TO stay quiet about and how much it's taken a toll on her. She is desperately trying to lead Adrienne into the question "Oh my God, honey, what is it girl? Let it out if it's causing you this much distress" The way Kyle was presenting it was in a way the begs the person to give her permission to finally open up about HER troubles and she needs to unload whatever is weighing on her. It was funny to watch cause Adrienne was such a limp lightweight and God bless her she's was really trying to be neutral so she didn't bite. You can see Kyle get more and more frustrated with Adrienne and then walks off with a hump and a " uggghh forget it.."

I bring this up because I think the producers A) wanted to remind viewers how Kyle is know to be a hateful bitch by reshowing that season and B) to show us the similarity between Kyle trying hard to get the other person to out information for her. I found it funny how Kyle kept ad libbling for Sutton and creating a whole dialogue of what Sutton was actually saying (along with the new girl) basically putting words in Suttons mouth when she said none of what Kyle was declaring she did say. Another classic tactic. Sutton doesn't fall for it, doesn't give Kyle what she wants so Kyle just spouts a bunch of nonsense and somehow when the issue comes up again it's going to be about Sutton  having to defend herself for the words and narrative Kyle created at the table and assigned to Sutton. And the wives will run with it and Sutton just might give in and admit that maybe she was thinking some of those things and VIOLA! Now we have Sutton guilty of something she didn't do.

But back to the comparison to season one. Kyle LOVES outing something. She loves demanding a conversation and she loves putting words in peoples mouths. She loves acting like the wronged party and behaving as if someone has done something that they haven't done so she can be the victim. That whole exchange at the table was ridiculous. She created a WHOLE dialogue for Sutton and then scolded her for it meanwhile Sutton said NONE of the things Kyle was spewing. It's amazing the way Kyle sets the stage in such a messy and obvious way and it manages to stick. 

As a viewer I'm here barking at the TV saying but "I'm seeing this with my own eyes and hearing everything and yet the narrative is seriously going to shift to Kyle's lies being valid and Sutton being guilty of what Kyle's trying to accuse Sutton of? That's really gonna stick? OH COME ON!! 

I always hope that I'm wrong at shit doesn't turn out that way in the next episode. That somehow someone shuts it down or whatever cause it's just too much of a stretch of an imagination to believe these women didn't hear what I heard. It's makes my head hurt. 

I did love the way Sutton waved the whole thing away with "then it's cleared up, great" while taking a bite of her food. I just hope she follows up with more of that. She repeated it a couple of times that she's satisfied with her answer and she's fine to move on without anything else. That's a good approach. Sutton needs to shut down her participation in that narrative. Saying she's good and all her questions are answered would have been perfect. Cause Kyle's trying hard to set Sutton up and the new chick is right there with her trying to assign all the bullshit Kyle is serving up to Sutton. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 12
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

And

Kyle:  “hold my hand!”

morgan:  “Ew it’s clammy and gross”  *drops Kyle’s hand*

kyle seems desperate and weak around her.  It’s bizarre.  Then she a bitch on wheels at her drug dinner.  🥴🤔

I would love the truth on this weird relationship. Morgan says Kyle stalked her, so it does sound like Kyle pursued this chick for some reason. I just can't figure it out. Morgan is not very attractive and, IMO, those tattoos are hideous. She is not a big star, by any definition. Granted, she only made one appearance on the show but she hardly exudes Charisma.  It's so weird. But, my favorite thing is Kyle's various versions of "I don't have to explain anything to anyone." I do wish someone would ask her, on camera, why she, and the rest of the Coven, thought Denise needed to explain something that was clearly none of their business.

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
On 12/2/2023 at 9:43 PM, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

If I had a friend who said she had an eating disorder at one time and she started suddenly working out everyday for up to three hours a day, I would be concerned that her eating disorder was manifesting in a different way. If only one of those women could articulate that.

This too. I think it's so corny to focus on just the working out and being sober as a weird thing to be concerned about because of course it's a positive thing to be healthy but what no one is articulating clearly is that there seems to be an abrupt change with regards to Kyle that INCLUDES the working out and giving up alcohol. 

Kyle of course is going to misunderstand it to push her victim narrative and so she can go on the offensive claiming how ridiculous it is for the others to find fault in incorporating a healthy routine into her life. 

Girl be healthy but add that to your OBSESSIVE working out, cutting out alcohol, rumors in the press, missing wedding band. I think the ladies want to call out the lighter stuff cause that's better and safer (so they thought) to mention than dropping a question about her marriage issues and cheating rumors. They probably thought asking about the work outs and alcohol was an easier way to open the conversation and hopefully segway into what's really going on.  

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

THIS!! The repeated season one over the weekend and caught the dreaded limo scene with Kim and that episode really showed Kyle for who she is. At the party Kim comes in and hugs her best friend Melody and now I will say that editing may be at play here because we then see Kyle say that Kim is acting drunk. She whispers this to Lisa who of course looks bewildered and a tad bit taken aback. I like Lisa but I do have to admit that I didn't like how she handled the Kim situation with Kyle. Granted Kyle could have had this moment after observing Kim at the party for a while but the editing makes it seem like Kyle says this no long after Kim arrives at the party. 

After the Taylor Kim confrontation and you have ALL the wives hovering around Kim and Taylor continuously attacking Kim and Kyles bullshit, Kim removes herself from the party. Kyle then talks to Adrienne and IS DESPERATE for Adrienne to "ask the right question" because Kyle lays it on thick about how "nobody knows what she's gone through with her sister, there's a lot of crap that she CAN'T talk about"....... She goes on and on extra distraught and pained and continues to drop hints about all the things about Kim she HAS TO stay quiet about and how much it's taken a toll on her. She is desperately trying to lead Adrienne into the question "Oh my God, honey, what is it girl? Let it out if it's causing you this much distress" The way Kyle was presenting it was in a way the begs the person to give her permission to finally open up about HER troubles and she needs to unload whatever is weighing on her. It was funny to watch cause Adrienne was such a limp lightweight and God bless her she's was really trying to be neutral so she didn't bite. You can see Kyle get more and more frustrated with Adrienne and then walks off with a hump and a " uggghh forget it.."

I bring this up because I think the producers A) wanted to remind viewers how Kyle is know to be a hateful bitch by reshowing that season and B) to show us the similarity between Kyle trying hard to get the other person to out information for her. I found it funny how Kyle kept ad libbling for Sutton and creating a whole dialogue of what Sutton was actually saying (along with the new girl) basically putting words in Suttons mouth when she said none of what Kyle was declaring she did say. Another classic tactic. Sutton doesn't fall for it, doesn't give Kyle what she wants so Kyle just spouts a bunch of nonsense and somehow when the issue comes up again it's going to be about Sutton  having to defend herself for the words and narrative Kyle created at the table and assigned to Sutton. And the wives will run with it and Sutton just might give in and admit that maybe she was thinking some of those things and VIOLA! Now we have Sutton guilty of something she didn't do.

But back to the comparison to season one. Kyle LOVES outing something. She loves demanding a conversation and she loves putting words in peoples mouths. She loves acting like the wronged party and behaving as if someone has done something that they haven't done so she can be the victim. That whole exchange at the table was ridiculous. She created a WHOLE dialogue for Sutton and then scolded her for it meanwhile Sutton said NONE of the things Kyle was spewing. It's amazing the way Kyle sets the stage in such a messy and obvious way and it manages to stick. 

As a viewer I'm here barking at the TV saying but "I'm seeing this with my own eyes and hearing everything and yet the narrative is seriously going to shift to Kyle's lies being valid and Sutton being guilty of what Kyle's trying to accuse Sutton of? That's really gonna stick? OH COME ON!! 

I always hope that I'm wrong at shit doesn't turn out that way in the next episode. That somehow someone shuts it down or whatever cause it's just too much of a stretch of an imagination to believe these women didn't hear what I heard. It's makes my head hurt. 

I did love the way Sutton waved the whole thing away with "then it's cleared up, great" while taking a bite of her food. I just hope she follows up with more of that. She repeated it a couple of times that she's satisfied with her answer and she's fine to move on without anything else. That's a good approach. Sutton needs to shut down her participation in that narrative. Saying she's good and all her questions are answered would have been perfect. Cause Kyle's trying hard to set Sutton up and the new chick is right there with her trying to assign all the bullshit Kyle is serving up to Sutton. 

Bravo always does us the favor of reminding us how miserable these women are prior to a new episode. Rerunning the DPFH season last weekend was no accident. The party scene prior to the limo…you could just tell Kyle couldn’t wait to flounce over and get involved.

A huge reason why Kim was so messed up, IMO, was because she was providing for her family while other kids — Kyle? — had more normal lives. I always want to reach through my screen and smack Kyle when she points her finger and scolds Kim that “Mo took care of you like a fucking second wife!!!” Just STFU.

One of the men — I think it was Paul — asked Ken why the women always had to make a scene in front of crowds. I forget the exact quote, but it had me rolling. Ken was like, 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 5
On 12/3/2023 at 12:30 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I’m watching the marathon that’s on today from the first DPFH season, and Kim made a very good point when she was getting a makeup lesson. She said that Kyle always knew how to do such things because she had friends who showed her…Kim was too busy working as a kid to provide for the family to have a normal life. I think at another point Kim said her earnings bought Kyle a car. 

Kyle has always been a spoiled, entitled brat, and now it’s Mo’s turn to figure that out. 

She’s a user who has ZERO empathy or gratitude. 

And damn, I am missing the hell out both Lisa and Adrienne. Adrienne, especially. I’d love to see her put some of these women in their place.

This has always stood out to me and I always wondered why Kim got so much flak. Yeah, yeah it comes out that Kim is an addict but her first season Kim just seemed so unsure of herself and out of place all the while slightly keeping to herself and showing herself to be awkward. Even her "blow up your lips some more" moment wasn't even that bad or erratic. 

I understood Kim's point but all people mostly wanted to focus on was how Kim claimed to have taken care of the family which people wanted to challenge as not true. Whether or not people want to believe that Kim contributed to THAT degree I still think it's fair to say that Kim in fact WORKED more than her sisters so her observation and explanation about not being as socially adept as her sister still stands. 

The first season I found Kim to be pretty average among the other women besides being visibly awkward and uncomfortable. The following seasons, Kim was crucified and I'm not surprised her demeanor ended up showing more negatives. I'm inclined to believe that the bomb Kyle dropped at the end of the season tanked Kim's "functioning" part of her addiction ( you know, her ability to keep it somewhat hidden publicly) and this is why we see such a dramatic spiral in the following seasons. I'm happy she got off the show. 

Kyle seems to be all too happy to bring really harsh and stinging information out into the public eye about any and everyone else around her and that's always been why I don't like her. Kathy was a friend off and brought us some nice lighthearted humor and as Kathy came more and more into the fold Kyle slowly but surely divulged how rocky her relationship with Kathy can be. Kyle needs to out people and I truly and honest think its straight spite, retaliatory, vindictiveness and nothing else. Kyle desperately like showing people in a bad light and if she's got it out for you she's gonna create that narrative and figure out a way to spill as much as she can using whatever and whoever she can. And when she finds fame whores like Taylor, Rinna, Dianna, Teddi and to a lesser extent Dorit she has all she needs to set shit in motion. It's how she operates that's always rubbed me the wrong way. She has a very underhanded way about her. 

Crystal was very ready to jump on the Sutton hate train, Dianna too. Rinna is ready to do battle with whoever and Dorit is such a follower that she's game for anything.

Brandi, as much as people hate her, had Kyle's number which is why Kyle went after her with gusto. Brandi understood that Kim was the scapegoat for Kyle's mean girl ways and wasn't having any of it. Too bad Brandi is now bat shit crazy so yeah, but back then Brandi really did have Kim's back for a while there. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/4/2023 at 5:54 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Maybe we are talking past each other, and I don’t know how things work there, but when my ex moved out of state, the current legal, joint custody agreement we had was voided. I could not give my vocal consent to the court. New papers had to be drawn up and filed with the domestic relations court. If I had wanted, I could have objected. These things can get contentious; ours wasn’t. Does anyone know how far the ex would have gone to make Sutton’s life a living hell? Also, can we not appreciate the fundamental upset at the thought of a child moving halfway around the world? 

The timeline for all of this is unknown, so I’m also doing Sutton the courtesy by not judging her reaction, especially when dealing with that bitch Kyle.

Sutton has to get over her need to keep apologizing/explaining herself to people who don’t give two shits about her. Kyle came to her house to just attack, and she was not going to listen to Sutton at the party, either. Fuck her.

LOVE THIS!!!  Thanks for sharing your FIRST HAND experience to outline what Sutton at the very least MAY HAVE been facing. I don't think anyone can absolutely deny the potential for Suttons distress in this instance. Also, although I don't have personal experience with such matters it totally makes sense that a change like him moving to another country would warrant revisiting the current custody arrangement. I mean wouldn't they have to now include provisions for how taking the child out of the country would work? Timing, scheduling, length of time allowed? Also, just because something is on paper doesn't mean that her Ex can't OOOOPPPPPSSSS blow past the designated date the child should been back in the states. The only recourse Sutton would have is to fight it in court internationally which would be a horrendous thing. Child custody is very tricky and can be a very tumultuous experience. I don't blame Sutton for the knee jerk panicked reaction of what "could be". 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2023 at 3:29 PM, SassyCat said:

If Kyle stays on the show, let's see how she holds up through divorce proceedings with Mo, which I think will happen. I'll bet she will want a lot of compassion and understanding. She has so little self-awareness, she probably won't even remember how she treated Sutton. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
12 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

This too. I think it's so corny to focus on just the working out and being sober as a weird thing to be concerned about because of course it's a positive thing to be healthy but what no one is articulating clearly is that there seems to be an abrupt change with regards to Kyle that INCLUDES the working out and giving up alcohol. 

Kyle of course is going to misunderstand it to push her victim narrative and so she can go on the offensive claiming how ridiculous it is for the others to find fault in incorporating a healthy routine into her life. 

Girl be healthy but add that to your OBSESSIVE working out, cutting out alcohol, rumors in the press, missing wedding band. I think the ladies want to call out the lighter stuff cause that's better and safer (so they thought) to mention than dropping a question about her marriage issues and cheating rumors. They probably thought asking about the work outs and alcohol was an easier way to open the conversation and hopefully segway into what's really going on.  

I'm all for healthy lifestyle changes, but Kyle working out for three hours (or more) hurts my brain. The longest I've worked out is an hour and fifteen minutes. I usually go workout for an hour. Three hours is excessive, but I've seen regulars at the gym I'm pretty sure hang on for a couple of hours or so. After a certain period of time, you're not really doing much else for your body, except risking injury.

I think 45 minutes to an hour each day, or every other day, is sufficient exercise.

I'm glad Kyle's trying to get healthier, but I think some of the others are thinking she's trying to do too much.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
On 12/1/2023 at 9:27 AM, RealHousewife said:

Also, her “don’t flatter yourself” when Sutton said she was treated like a sister was pretty mean imo.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:28 AM, Ss55 said:

Yeah, that was super nasty and confirmed all I needed to know about Kyle.

I was taken aback by this too. Especially because she is treating Sutton like she treats her sisters: terribly! However--and I'm not defending Kyle, because I cannot stand her--I later thought that she may have meant "Don't flatter yourself like you are so much younger than me" because Sutton said Kyle treated her like a *little* sister.  (And I was surprised to find out, via a Google search, that Sutton is actually younger than Kyle.)    

On 12/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Especially when the camera focuses on Sutton’s weird expressions.  Sometimes I think her reaction shot is from another comment not the one we hear.

Yes!  I laughed so hard at the reaction shot they cut to, of Dorit and Erika, when Garcelle blurted out at dinner what she thought of Kyle's ring.  But I'm sure they probably weren't even reacting to that, with the way the editing is.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:24 PM, pasdetrois said:

At the cannibis dinner, why is Dorit dressed like Mary Todd Lincoln?

HA!  She also had that TH last season, when she was dressed like her, with the bitcoin brooch at her collar.

On 12/2/2023 at 4:57 PM, SweetieDarling said:

I am reminded of Bryant Gumbel interviewing a Survivor contestant that had written a book; He asked "What makes you think people want to read this?"

What makes Mo thinks anyone cares about what he has to say? Who is Mauricio Umansky in this world?

Haha!  I love this callback!

Edited by Miss Bones
spelling error
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

So Erika may not have told Mikey and his Magic Mike dancer boyfriend to time their elevator descent to meet Sutton and the others on their hotel floor. But she most likely told them, “We’re heading downstairs in five minutes. Go now.”

She planned a confrontation in the lobby. 

She got lucky.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 5
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So Erika may not have told Mikey and his Magic Mike dancer boyfriend to time their elevator descent to meet Sutton and the others on their hotel floor. But she most likely told them, “We’re heading downstairs in five minutes. Go now.”

She planned a confrontation in the lobby. 

She got lucky.

It's crazy how they focus on the wrong details ALL THE DAMN TIME! It's harder to prove Erica set it up so I wouldn't even bother. All that really needs to be addressed is the fact that when they did "bump into each other", planned or not, Erica was a full blown nasty bitch that diliberately took the opportunity to put Sutton on the spot and embarrass her. I could care less about whether she's orchestrated it down to the timing of the doors opening. 

Me, I would be like, okay nevermind the theory of planned. Let's talk about how it was hella fucked up that you A)put me on the spot and called me out B)Lied about what you were trying to call me out for and C)Demanded I give out apologies to people who could have cared less for something I never said. 

Fuck the whole "she planned it" angle. There's enough to drag that nasty hoe for filth for just that. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
On 12/5/2023 at 7:54 AM, Yours Truly said:

The following seasons, Kim was crucified and I'm not surprised her demeanor ended up showing more negatives.

Thankfully Kim seems to be in a better place now, but Kim was rightly called out for her behavior over the seasons. Kim could be incredibly mean often with no rhyme or reason. She and Kyle would sometimes be mean together, sometimes they were mean to each other and sometimes they had different targets. Kyle and Kim have a lot of similarities. Kyle has rightly been called out as a mean girl and she has a trail of people she's treated like shit on this show over the seasons. The only reason Kim's trail of people she was mean to is smaller is because she wasn't on the show for as many seasons.

What struck me about Kim was that she'd often go after a person's appearance. With Taylor, she insulted her lips. With Rinna she went after her weight. She told Brandi she looked like a hoebag because she was wearing white shorts. (Brandi is in my top 3 least favorite housewives, but there was nothing controversial about that particular outfit and when Kim made the comment she'd known Brandi all of 60 minutes.) She told Eileen, who had done *nothing* to her that she didn't like her hair or her face. She mocked Kyle for being concerned about Kim's dog biting her daughter's hand. Kim had zero concern or remorse for what happened to her niece during that reunion. 

On 12/5/2023 at 7:54 AM, Yours Truly said:

Brandi understood that Kim was the scapegoat for Kyle's mean girl ways and wasn't having any of it.

I agree that Brandi read Kyle accurately at certain points, but I don't think that's why Brandi befriended Kim. Brandi had alienated everyone else in the cast and she understood the dynamic between the sisters could be used to her advantage. She got Kim in her corner by siding with her in the Kyle feud, and extended her story by inserting herself into the drama between the sisters. Note that Brandi was annoyed when it seemed like Kyle and Kim were getting to a better place in their relationship. She wasn't supportive of Kim's relationship with Kyle improving and that told me all I needed to know about Brandi's motivation as far as her friendship with Kim. Later of course, Brandi burned through her friendship with Kim by being indiscreet about her personal life. 

Kyle has been terrible, but I'm resistant to whitewashing everything that happened in the early seasons with Kim. Kim was not blameless for why people had a negative impression of her. She lied repeatedly, she was unstable, and she treated people horribly on a regular basis. This doesn't just go away because Kyle is currently acting like an ass for the upteenth time. 

• Like 6
On 12/1/2023 at 11:01 AM, Yours Truly said:

And it's painfully obvious too. I can't believe anyone was on her side when she did what she did in LVP's home. That was beyond the pale but at the same time what she did to Kim in the Limo was absolutely heinous... oh and her manhandling of Sutton as well as dismissiveness to her miscarriage is another doosey of shit human behavior... come to think of it, it doesn't take a lot of investigating to find plenty of moments that show us that Kyle is just not a good person. 

I've been able to warm to her a season here and a season there because her antics were less in your face and the funny part comes through so I've been happy not to absolutely loathe her on occasion but man oh man she is just a plain ole nasty bitch. 

I think when Kyle went all Chris Brown on Sutton it was a turning point for me.

I don’t wish divorce on people though.  I believe she likely has no idea how incredibly painful it’s gonna be if that happens. 

• Like 3
On 12/8/2023 at 8:02 PM, Avaleigh said:

Thankfully Kim seems to be in a better place now, but Kim was rightly called out for her behavior over the seasons. Kim could be incredibly mean often with no rhyme or reason. She and Kyle would sometimes be mean together, sometimes they were mean to each other and sometimes they had different targets. Kyle and Kim have a lot of similarities. Kyle has rightly been called out as a mean girl and she has a trail of people she's treated like shit on this show over the seasons. The only reason Kim's trail of people she was mean to is smaller is because she wasn't on the show for as many seasons.

What struck me about Kim was that she'd often go after a person's appearance. With Taylor, she insulted her lips. With Rinna she went after her weight. She told Brandi she looked like a hoebag because she was wearing white shorts. (Brandi is in my top 3 least favorite housewives, but there was nothing controversial about that particular outfit and when Kim made the comment she'd known Brandi all of 60 minutes.) She told Eileen, who had done *nothing* to her that she didn't like her hair or her face. She mocked Kyle for being concerned about Kim's dog biting her daughter's hand. Kim had zero concern or remorse for what happened to her niece during that reunion. 

I agree that Brandi read Kyle accurately at certain points, but I don't think that's why Brandi befriended Kim. Brandi had alienated everyone else in the cast and she understood the dynamic between the sisters could be used to her advantage. She got Kim in her corner by siding with her in the Kyle feud, and extended her story by inserting herself into the drama between the sisters. Note that Brandi was annoyed when it seemed like Kyle and Kim were getting to a better place in their relationship. She wasn't supportive of Kim's relationship with Kyle improving and that told me all I needed to know about Brandi's motivation as far as her friendship with Kim. Later of course, Brandi burned through her friendship with Kim by being indiscreet about her personal life. 

Kyle has been terrible, but I'm resistant to whitewashing everything that happened in the early seasons with Kim. Kim was not blameless for why people had a negative impression of her. She lied repeatedly, she was unstable, and she treated people horribly on a regular basis. This doesn't just go away because Kyle is currently acting like an ass for the upteenth time. 

Honestly, I didn't see a blazing trail of people that Kim was mean too.

I saw Kim react and respond to women who used her struggle with addiction as a reason to make her a punching bag. 

Anything outside of those addiction episodes where her behavior was less than perfect didn't seem anymore pearl clutching then the petty or catty little exchanges that go on throughout. 

It's not that I'm trying to protect my version, Addiction aside, I truly didn't see anything crazy outrageous about how Kim behaved during her seasons. Her conflict with Brandi was probably the closest to troublesome and all that was a bit of a bitching back and forth that lasted i think half a season. 

Every other SIGNIFICANT conflict Kim had (Kyle, Rinna, Elaine, etc.) revolved   around inappropriate commentary and attention brought to her addiction.  That's how I saw it anyway. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I legit SCREAMED when Garcelle made that comment about Dorit still having all of her jewelry.

And then Sutton's comment about maybe not being so picky if Dorit managed to fall in love with PK!

The shade was OLYMPIC LEVEL in this episode. 

And I am here for it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2023 at 4:54 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Sutton has to get over her need to keep apologizing/explaining herself to people who don’t give two shits about her.

I think Sutton’s need to explain stems from her therapist mother. I bet every feeling Sutton had growing up had to be explained and analyzed.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

I think Sutton’s need to explain stems from her therapist mother. I bet every feeling Sutton had growing up had to be explained and analyzed.

Yessssssssss.

I think it was in Sutton's first season where we "met" her mom. Sutton was trying to talk about her father's suicide, and her mother brushed her off for the most part with "My feelings on the matter are different than yours."

Something to that effect. It made me wonder about her parents' relationship. Or maybe Sutton's mom saw the darker underbelly of her father's mental health struggles, and maybe Sutton wasn't aware of how bad things were.

It's hard to say because the topic wasn't brought up again with context. 

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

I also think it is a Virgo thing (fellow Virgo)

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 1
On 12/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

You might be right. My father was a psychiatrist and I have always tended to explain and analyze my feelings and actions. I mostly do it privately, however. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2