Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E41: Season Recap & Final HOH Part 1(a)

Dustbunny
Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

Oh looky it was only a clip show in the end.  Only interesting part at all was Cirie confirming what I knew all along.  I can't stand any of them.  Except Cirie who actually told it like it was.

• Like 3

I didn't even realize that this was going to be on until it was over.  What a heartwarming recap!  Remember that time when Jared was a huge baby man who stomped off to his room?  Or that time I wanted to punch Cameron for being a know it all?  Such good memories.

Three things that stood out to me:

1)  Jag bothers me because he's in the DR preaching conflicting stories, one minute he's talking about being super loyal and playing with integrity and the next he's talking about doing everything he can to win for his family.  Pick a strategy!  Now he may win even though he's been loyal to Matt but he can't say he did everything he could to ensure a win.  I think that's my issue with him all season, he kind of creates whatever narrative he feels like in the moment but very little of it seems actually planned or executed well beyond the comp wins.

2) Cam annoys me because he tries so hard to act like he's super humble and above caring, when he is neither of those things.  He's (undeservedly) arrogant and clearly cares intensely about what other people think.

3) of course Matt ate Mecole's steak.  He probably thought she cooked it for him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
29 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Oh looky it was only a clip show in the end.  Only interesting part at all was Cirie confirming what I knew all along.  I can't stand any of them.  Except Cirie who actually told it like it was.

In response I can only repeat the words of one of my college psych professors: “If you have a problem with EVERYBODY in the room, then maybe the one with the problem is you.”

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In response I can only repeat the words of one of my college psych professors: “If you have a problem with EVERYBODY in the room, then maybe the one with the problem is you.”

Or maybe they could all be oh say nazi types too.  These people aren't in any way shape or form that but just because you have a problem with everybody in a room doesn't mean you have the problem.

• LOL 1

I haven't watched that much of the season (really?  Sunday nights at 10:00 [but in actuality even later due to football?), so I appreciated seeing some things I hadn't seen before.  Survivor never showed this negative side of Cirie-I never realized how much she holds a grudge (especially when someone says or does something against her iddy biddy little innocent boy even if it's because that person is, you know, trying to win for themselves and not for her boy).  

Although the "big secret" about Cirie and Jared will be revealed at the finale, I really wish the even bigger secret would be that Felicia IS related to Denzel Washington-that would be the best twist of all time!

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

I'm not surprised Felicia talked to BB ("Mr. B") all the time but I WAS surprised that he frequently answered her!  That was pretty funny, especially when he was obviously fed up with her. LOL

The next-to-last episode of the season is always a clip show, but this one was kind of entertaining.  I was planning on fast-forwarding through most of it (it's the one episode I don't watch "live" for that very reason) but I ended up forgetting to FF and watched the entire thing.

Can't wait until Thursday.  I'd be happy with either a Jag or Matt win.

2 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Can't wait until Thursday.  I'd be happy with either a Jag or Matt win.

That's where I'm at, although I think Jag deserves it more.  I read somewhere (big grain of salt) that Jag (who as you know owns a trucking company) comes from a wealthy family.  Who knows if that's true, but maybe Matt could use the money more.  OTOH, Jag worked harder than Matt throughout the season, so either one is fine with me.

3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Survivor never showed this negative side of Cirie-I never realized how much she holds a grudge (especially when someone says or does something against her iddy biddy little innocent boy even if it's because that person is, you know, trying to win for themselves and not for her boy)

I never watched her on Survivor, but yeah, she apparently doesn't forget a perceived wrong, like ever.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1

Please explain the conversation where Matt & Jag are in bed chatting, side by side, heads on pillows. How can Matt "hear" Jag? He's not looking at him and Jag isn't speaking loudly. It's such a natural, side by side conversation. I'm stumped.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Debbiedokken said:

Please explain the conversation where Matt & Jag are in bed chatting, side by side, heads on pillows. How can Matt "hear" Jag? He's not looking at him and Jag isn't speaking loudly. It's such a natural, side by side conversation. I'm stumped.

I was wondering that myself!!!  I even rewound to watch it again to see if I was missing something.  There have been several times this season where I wondered how it was possible that Matt could have "heard" what was going on, because there was no way he could have read the person's lips.  

• Like 5
On 11/7/2023 at 10:50 PM, Nashville said:

OR, if you’re the only expressing the problem, maybe that’s because everyone else is too much of a sheep/ heads-down spineless jellyfish to say anything.

I don’t love the way Cirie was shoehorned into this game with her secret offspring advantage, but I always appreciated her candor and willingness to snark. She reminds me of me that way. 😉 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Recrap show of a really crappy season. I thought they would at least show the entire part 1 of the comp.

This, in spades.  The only reason I sat through the entire episode was to see Part 1.  My own fault for actually watching the show live, I guess. 🤬

15 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

That's where I'm at, although I think Jag deserves it more.  I read somewhere (big grain of salt) that Jag (who as you know owns a trucking company) comes from a wealthy family.  Who knows if that's true, but maybe Matt could use the money more.  OTOH, Jag worked harder than Matt throughout the season, so either one is fine with me.

Personally, I never EVER base who I’m rooting for on the “I need it more” argument, and frequently root against any player deploying that strategy.  If you and your family are that hard-up and need cash that badly, then wtf are you doing parking your ass on a reality show couch for 90 100 days?  Get off your ass and go get a real job.  At least then after 100 days you’ll have 3+ months of paycheck stubs for your trouble.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Personally, I never EVER base who I’m rooting for on the “I need it more” argument, and frequently root against any player deploying that strategy.  If you and your family are that hard-up and need cash that badly, then wtf are you doing parking your ass on a reality show couch for 90 100 days?  Get off your ass and go get a real job.  At least then after 100 days you’ll have 3+ months of paycheck stubs for your trouble.

Just to be clear, I'm not basing it on who needs the money more.  It was more like: I wonder if Jag's decision not to evict Matt has something to do with knowing he (Jag) is from a wealthy family (if the rumor is true) and Matt is not.  I would be happy with either of them winning, but if Jag is indeed wealthy, maybe that played a part in his decision to give Matt a break.  I could be wrong of course.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1