Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Part Seven - Dreams and Madness

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure what Thrawn has been doing in the years he's been gone, but clearly it hasn't been training his stormtroopers since they seem to be as incompetent as every other set we've seen.

Look at Leia with the off-screen save.  I mean, we all know the reason why she won't be showing up, but where exactly is she supposed to be if she can keep up with current events and even send 3PO, but can't do a hologram Zoom?

• Like 2

I'm assuming most of the night troopers are reanimated corpses like the inquister was. So they are no better then they were when they were alive. 

I do wonder is Shin will end up joining them, she seemed conflicted. Since it seems Baylon abandoned her to go find whatever hes looking for. She'd fit in being an unconventional jedi like Ahsoka and Ezra are. 

It's nice to see Anakin again in another one of his training holos. He was a good master, he inadvertently trained Ahsoka to survive order 66. 

I'm actually okay with Thrawn not being as fit. He is the brains not the brawn. To defeat him you have to out think him not out fight him. 

• Like 3

It also makes the Colonel Kurtz parallel even stronger. Thank you Brando for not losing weight to play a Green Beret!

Fun episode with good action. The actor playing Ezra continues to be spot on.

Hayden saying Asajj Ventress' name made my nerd heart happy.

Man I wish we could see Leia in some form in this period. Maybe just a still image.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm actually okay with Thrawn not being as fit. He is the brains not the brawn. To defeat him you have to out think him not out fight him. 

He’s both though.  We saw him training in Rebels.  I’m not sure what I think of Ezra.  He’s supposed to be younger than Sabine isn’t he?  He looks older here.

There’s only one episode left right?  I have a feeling this is going to end on a massive cliffhanger.

• Like 3

I feel like almost nothing happens in these episodes. It’s taken 7 episodes for everyone to get to this galaxy. I know stuff has happened but mostly it just resets. For example, Hera got into trouble with the Senate, but Leia saves her. Reset. Always nice to see C-3PO though.

• Like 5

Kind of a let down from last week.  Did Thrawn kill all the space whales? He can die now.

Shin, you should have stuck with Baylan. I fear when it is finally revealed what Baylan's goal is I won't have a clue what it even means. This show is not for a Grogu centric casual watcher that's for sure.

I agree that this is all going to end in a cliffy next week.

Damn, this episode had all the Stars and all the Wars:

C-3P0 because why not?
Space Whales doing awesome Space Whale stuff.
Ahsoka messing with Huyang.
A space minefield that made sense because the mines could actually move!
A great big ship pounding down on a tiny one.
A fighter squadron chasing a hero ship through a debris field.
Using the hero ship to provide air support to the troops on the ground.
The enemies deploying drones to scout as they approached.
Lots of lightsaber fights! Competent Force usage!
Ahsoka hijacking Baylin's space wolf and riding off while he stands, suitably impressed.
Cutesy little creatures fighting back using pots and pans and shit.
Thrawn crapping his finely tailored uniform when finding out who Ahsoka's master was.

Great episode, lots of buildup in order to get here but this one was fantastic.

Edited by dwmarch
CTRL+ENTER posts, SHIFT+ENTER is for formatting!
  • Like 6

"Mere droid"?  Yeah, it doesn't matter if Xiono is in league with the underground Imperial or not: dude is probably going to get shanked by Chopper in a dark ally!

Glad we did catch back up with Hera and her fate against the council.  Figured something big was going to go down, but not C-3PO big!  Great seeing him again and being used as a mouthpiece for Leia.  I wonder if they would have used Leia herself had Carrie Fisher not passed away.  But now I want to see C-3P0, R2-D2, Chopper, and Huyang all meet up and trade war stories!

Good to know that Thrawn's stormtroopers are just as useless as every other stormtrooper in the galaxy!  But it sounds like they were really just more of a distraction/way to buy more time for him, so I guess it really doesn't matter.  Damn Thrawn and his evil, but logical approach to things!  Dude is probably the most level-headed bastard in the galaxy!

Not sure what is going on with Baylan separating himself from not only Thrawn's gang but even Shin Haiti as well.  I hope we get to figure out his endgame here.  His scenes with Ahsoka continue to be great: he clearly does respect her on some levels and seemed truly impressed over how she outmaneuvered him this go around.  Really think he was sincere about not wanting more Force-powered people to die since they are so few of them left.

Shin Haiti is fleeing for now, but I do wonder if they are setting her up to be a reluctant ally at some point.

Damn, they really did strike gold with the Ezra casting.  Dude is so likable in the role.

Liked the Holo-Anakin appearance.  The more I see him, the more I wonder how did the prequels zap Hayden Christensen of his natural charisma.  Because this is an Anakin I actually want to see more of.

Definitely think they are setting up another season, because I don't see them resolving most of this in one episode.  At least it sounds like its streaming numbers have been good, so I imagine we will get another one.  But we will see how the finale plays out!

• Like 3

Great as always. Very exciting. I noticed that a rear Noti vehicle didn't slam into the one in front. No input from George Miller, sadly.

I really hope we see what the cargo is.

As for getting home, I see two scenarios. Either Ahsoka will call the Purrgils again, or the heroes will all end up on the Chimera. Speaking of my second-favourite space whales, I laughed when they came out of hyperspace. It was ridiculous, but in a good way.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Definitely think they are setting up another season, because I don't see them resolving most of this in one episode.  At least it sounds like its streaming numbers have been good, so I imagine we will get another one.  But we will see how the finale plays out!

I don’t think there is going to be a season two.  Mando, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka are supposed to wrap up in the Filoni movie.

• Useful 1

Shin has to be re thinking her life, her master abandoned her for his own gain and Sabine's master came back from the dead to protect her. 

The Ezra casting is great. He is Ezra a little older and wiser but still has his charm. 

I'm guessing Ahsoka no longer carrying around her baggage is going to be the one thing Thrawn didn't plan for her. They probably can't use Vader against her anymore. 

Also Sabine seems to have opened herself more to the force since she sensed Ahsoka. She just didn't understand what that meant. 

Loved hearing Anakin mention Ventress. Since Ahsoka was kind of on good terms with a night sister. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, dwmarch said:

A space minefield that made sense because the mines could actually move!

But still not a very good minefield.  Even after the space whales left, Ahsoka had no problem getting through it.

9 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

I feel like almost nothing happens in these episodes. It’s taken 7 episodes for everyone to get to this galaxy. I know stuff has happened but mostly it just resets. For example, Hera got into trouble with the Senate, but Leia saves her. Reset. Always nice to see C-3PO though.

Disagree here. I hated seeing Threepio, and it's not because I don't like him as a character, I like him just fine. I just don't need to constantly be reminded that this entire universe revolves around four people, all the time. It's such a giant space, and we have multiple, multiple instances of stories working sans Skywalkers. I wasn't even big on the Anakin holo, nice for the Christiansen Redemption Tour (deseed, by the way). It just makes for too many timeline questions, and questions like "Why would he have recorded this exactly in this way?

Also STOP FIGHTING IN YOUR CLOAK. It couldn't look less dynamic. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Disagree here. I hated seeing Threepio, and it's not because I don't like him as a character, I like him just fine. I just don't need to constantly be reminded that this entire universe revolves around four people, all the time.

I have to agree with this.  Another character / droid would have been absolutely fine delivering the message.  We know this is Star Wars, we don't need to be told that.

10 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm assuming most of the night troopers are reanimated corpses like the inquister was. So they are no better then they were when they were alive. 

Agreed. I think we just got the biggest confirmation of the zombie Nighttroopers theory in this episode: Ezra used the Force against the bandits in what I assume is his way of being as much a pacifist as possible - but he had no qualms putting slugs into the Nighttroopers because they are no longer alive. Sabine was not the only one holding back info - though I admit there was a lot of catching up to do.

I love to see lighter Ahsoka who laughs - the banter with Huyang before her 'landing' was great. And we got to see why Thrawn has this terrifying reputation. Dude doesn't miss a beat. 

Although: shoutouts to Zeb and Ventress!

I think the title of this episode was slightly misleading. 'Baylan Has Other Plans' would have been more apt.

• Like 1

I'm really liking Ezra, they did a good job casting him. I still think Rosario Dawson can't do fight choreography.

I'm disappointed in Sabine and the actress that plays her.  Also, no Jacen mention? I'd think Ezra would love to know about him. I've been waiting for a Kallus name drop...come on show.

I enjoyed seeing C-3PO it's a good way to keep Leia in the show without recasting or CGI.  It wouldn't make sense that war hero, Princess/Senator Leia had no role in the forming of the New Republic.

• Like 1

I loved it. Ezra continues to be spot on. Ahsoka having ditched most of her Anakin and Clone War baggage has allowed her to be more like the pre-season 7 Clone Wars version. Sabine combining her Mandalorian skills with the lightsaber is something I have been waiting for. Thrawn is proving why he is such a formidable opponent. C-3PO and Hayden were the perfect amount of fan service for me. 

In a show with amazing performance Ray Stevenson brings such gravitas to the role. So bittersweet to watch. 

7 hours ago, KeithJ said:

I don’t think there is going to be a season two.  Mando, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka are supposed to wrap up in the Filoni movie.

I think that is more of a reason there will be a season 2. The movie is probably 3+ years out and this show is a success. I can’t see them not producing another season. 

5 hours ago, paigow said:

This could be like Prison Break dressing Scofield in long sleeves to minimize makeup time...

It's a good practical possibility, but honestly how much makeup time could the arms take in comparison to the face? And if it's that big a deal, then make sleeves. The cloak makes her look slow, it hides the movement, and the whole enterprise feels weirdly unathletic. I know you can't expect a real life person to fight with the athleticism and grace that the character showed in the last duel with Maul, but this is closer to watchin Old Ben Kenobi than it is to watching peak Obi Wan Kenobi. 

5 hours ago, KeithJ said:

I have to agree with this.  Another character / droid would have been absolutely fine delivering the message.  We know this is Star Wars, we don't need to be told that.

Then we would have people asking where threepo was or R2. Since they can't use Leia they use droids that would be with her. 

I do agree that we should move away from the Skywalkers and focus on other people.

Ahsoka is close to 50 years old now, of course she's going to be slower then when she was 17. I also think the headpiece is harder to move around in. Rosario Dawson seems to move just fine in Iron Fist and Daredevil. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Senator Xiono....arrogant ass or Imperial Supporter/remnant?

I have no clue which it is but he is apparently a character in Resistance. 

5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Then we would have people asking where threepo was or R2. Since they can't use Leia they use droids that would be with her. 

They're really in a no-win situation here. Either it's fanservice to include the major original characters or it's unbelievable that these major characters wouldn't be involved in the situation. Using Threepio was a clever solution to the dilemma of whether to cast a 30-year-old Leia or to attempt to do a deepfake without the participation of Carrie Fisher -- if her estate even allowed it.

I wonder if Threepio was CGI or if they made Anthony Daniels put on the suit. I recently watched a documentary series on the behind-the-scenes drama behind the making of the Star Wars series, and he seemed pretty glad to put it all behind him and said if he was asked to do more his response would be, "Do I have to?"

The fight scenes on the planet reminded me of one of my main complaints about Jedi/Sith in this universe, that they're so overpowered that they're impossible to beat unless the plot requires them to be beat. We have situations like this where two (and later three) people can fight off two troop carriers worth of Stormtroopers. Yeah, the Stormtroopers were called off, but they weren't doing so well before that. And yet there will also be times when they'll lose against one or two opponents. Now it's looking like it's impossible to prevail against the Nightsisters because they know all and can pinpoint their enemies remotely. Until the good guys find a way to get one over on them when the plot requires it.

I do like the way they're portraying Ezra. This seems like how he might have grown up and matured. He retains some of his better traits and has shed the brattiness.

12 hours ago, KeithJ said:

I doubt a movie would pick up a cliffhanger from a TV series, so they'd need to get these characters back to the main galaxy to have them in place to deal with whatever plot the movie will cover. That means either we get them home next week or they're planning a season 2 that will put them in position to participate in the movie.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I didn't watch but, I don't think it's the same character, maybe the senator's son? At least that's what I expect based on the timeline.

Yes. Kaz is the son who meets Poe Dameron and becomes the primary protagonist. The Senator has a minor role, but nothing indicated his extreme douchebaggery...

Far be it from me to not want Hera to snark at the Senate, but I'm not super invested in the politics on the show. I was worried that Hera's 'trial' would be dragged out. Leia sly cover though. I don't think our galaxy far, far away has access to Roberts rules yet. They're making motions, no seconding, objections. He's making hostile amendments to his own motion.  

How much you want to bet it's the spineless Senator that gets Leia out when the word leaks about her being the daughter of Darth Vader?

Do space whales not know what mines are? They didn't have to fly into them! 

I like how normally on tv, a character reads out the information for exposition, but Thrawn just stared at the tablet and read it to himself.

I wasn't expecting Baylan to just cut loose and more so that Thrawn underestimated him. I don't understand why Sabine wasn't shooting the raiders' mounts. They're the bigger targets, or Ezra could have pushed them off. Although I'm pleased finally one of the good guys is using the Force in a fight! I still don't get why Sabine doesn't go sabre/blaster. She's clearly more effective. 

I'm rolling my eyes at the Baylan rematch; Ahsoka said she was only stalling, but I am hoping he still joins them. I would have killed Shin just on principle to take an asset away from Thrawn and show the lesson about a hasty victory guaranteeing defeat. She didn't have a chance against Ahsoka, and couldn't even get to Ezra, both with no blades. 

2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I wonder if Threepio was CGI or if they made Anthony Daniels put on the suit. I recently watched a documentary series on the behind-the-scenes drama behind the making of the Star Wars series, and he seemed pretty glad to put it all behind him and said if he was asked to do more his response would be, "Do I have to?"

He posted last year that he is now using a mocap suit for Threepio. 

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Yes. Kaz is the son who meets Poe Dameron and becomes the primary protagonist. The Senator has a minor role, but nothing indicated his extreme douchebaggery...

Yeah I was referring to the Senator rather than Kaz. I’ve seen people reacting that he’s pretty consistent with his Resistance appearances but I’ve only seen the pilot. 

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Senator Xiono....arrogant ass or Imperial Supporter/remnant?

I think he’s filling the role Counselor/Senator Fey’Lya did in Heir to the Empire. The guy trying to gain as much power and influence as he can, at the expense of the others. It serves his political purpose to question and oppose the military and Mon Mothma. But in the end, still loyal to the New Republic. 

I honestly wish they would just recast the big four and get it done with. They already have their Chewie. I don’t see how they can have any depiction of the inner workings of the New Republic and its leaders without Leia, and by extension Han and Chewie. Luke can be on his own for the time being, but he too will have to get involved.  

• Like 1
On 9/26/2023 at 10:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

SW YouTubers point out that they did not poof away into green mist when killed, so they probably are actual living troopers.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:51 AM, thuganomics85 said:

dude is probably going to get shanked by Chopper in a dark ally!

I heart this so hard. <3

On 9/27/2023 at 1:51 AM, thuganomics85 said:

The more I see him, the more I wonder how did the prequels zap Hayden Christensen of his natural charisma.  Because this is an Anakin I actually want to see more of.

SW YouTubers that are WAAAY geekier than even myself insist that Hayden acted that way at the specific direction of the director/Lucas (I don't recall if Lucas directed all the prequels). Supposedly one reason is to explain why Vader sounds and speaks the way he does. I don't know if the reason is true, but I totally believe his acting was not really his choice.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:36 AM, Anduin said:

Either Ahsoka will call the Purrgils again, or the heroes will all end up on the Chimera.

Frequent Rebels schemes involved Ezra donning disguises, including trooper armor. So I could see the 2nd being a strong possibility. But I'd love if it was him calling the purgills with a Force boost from Ahsoka.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:08 AM, MissLucas said:

Ezra used the Force against the bandits in what I assume is his way of being as much a pacifist as possible - but he had no qualms putting slugs into the Nighttroopers because they are no longer alive.

My impression was more along the lines of it'd been a decade since Ezra had a Lightsaber to train with, but had all that time to improve and strengthen his Force abilities. So he knew that he might be pretty rusty with the Lightsaber, whereas he was very confident in his Force usage. I personally loved seeing a new-era Force user use it so much in combat.

14 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

They're really in a no-win situation here. Either it's fanservice to include the major original characters or it's unbelievable that these major characters wouldn't be involved in the situation. Using Threepio was a clever solution to the dilemma of whether to cast a 30-year-old Leia or to attempt to do a deepfake without the participation of Carrie Fisher -- if her estate even allowed it.

I 100% agree that it's no-win for them. I'm in the pack that thinks it makes perfect sense that they show up in some way, even if in passing conversation/holos/etc. All of course having to work around the current age/RIP status of the original stars, both prequel and original trilogy.

Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie, accompanied by 3PO and R2, were the heroes of the battles of Yavin and Endor. They brought the Empire down. All of these events happened within 11 years prior to the current Ahsoka/Mandoverse timelines. Leia is visible as a senator, and it makes sense that she would send 3PO. R2 wouldn't be there because he's off with Luke.  Etc. So this worked for me.

I've googled the crap out of the question as to whether Anthony Daniels was in the suit. I saw articles about him being in a mocap suit, but I've seen counters that he was in it for some animations. I've seen the interviews where he dreads donning the costume again. But I've seen nothing that proves he wasn't in it. That said, as soon as he showed up, I could tell something was off. You see too much of his neck for one thing. WAAAY too much. It made him look thick in that area. His posture was all wrong, too. So I'm 50/50 what I believe.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FierceCritter said:

SW YouTubers that are WAAAY geekier than even myself insist that Hayden acted that way at the specific direction of the director/Lucas (I don't recall if Lucas directed all the prequels). Supposedly one reason is to explain why Vader sounds and speaks the way he does. I don't know if the reason is true, but I totally believe his acting was not really his choice.

When I did a complete Star Wars rewatch last year, actually forcing myself to watch all the way through the prequels, I realized that he actually did a good job playing the character as he was written. The real problem with prequel Anakin, aside from all the whining, was the way the other characters reacted to him. It was like he was in an entirely different movie and they were reacting to an entirely different person. So you've got him talking about wanting a dictatorship, whining about Obi-Wan being out to get him, and his big rant about killing all the Sandpeople, and Padme doesn't back away from the jerk but instead declares her love for him. Obi-Wan treats him like a mischievous scamp who's a bit exasperating instead of a potential danger. My personal theory is that Lucas was essentially using Anakin as a Mary Sue, especially in episodes 2 and 3, and so he was conflicted about getting to the outcome we already knew had to happen. The other characters all had to love him because Lucas related so strongly to him, but he still had to make him go bad. The result was a weird mess that didn't work. The animated version worked better because they weren't so constrained by Lucas's issues. Oddly, when they weren't trying as hard as Lucas did to make him a tormented victim, he was actually more likeable.

Now that we're getting live-action Anakin written/directed by other people, we're seeing that Hayden Christensen wasn't the problem, that he could have played the kind of character we got in Clone Wars and made it work.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, FierceCritter said:

SW YouTubers that are WAAAY geekier than even myself insist that Hayden acted that way at the specific direction of the director/Lucas (I don't recall if Lucas directed all the prequels).

I believe I read this in traditional media at the time; EW (back when they practiced actual, entertainment journalism). Same with Portman. 

43 minutes ago, FierceCritter said:

All of course having to work around the current age/RIP status of the original stars, both prequel and original trilogy.

Outside of real-life practicality, you could also look at it as Leia throwing massive shade. She sent her *droid* to shut this nonsense because she couldn't be bothered to dignify this kangaroo court in person. Did they have kangaroos?

42 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

The result was a weird mess that didn't work.

I always thought the movies were too short to build up to Vader anyway. I get you needed him to be a kid in I, but you've got the 2 movies to work with and it seemed just really chopped and abrupt to me. I think another problem was that most people probably wanted to see Vader in the suit wrecking it, but that wasn't quite what III was. It might have worked with just one or two cut scenes of him hunting jedi. 

I'm hoping we get Force Ghost Anakin at some point. 

• Like 1

Rosario did a great job in this episode in particular. She even managed some of animated Ahsoka's facial expressions when battling, and I might have squeed a bit.

I too however thought, "Oh, man, please take off the cloak before you start fighting." I'm feeling a sort of way about that cloak like I did Cal Kestis' poncho.

Regarding the question of the turtle people, I am pretty sure I noticed some straps over their shoulders more than once in this episode. It may have been folds in clothing, but I don't think so. I don't think their shells are part of their bodies. And as far as the babies having them too, well, I imagine they'd start them with little shells early in life so they can get used to them. Just a thought.

4 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Outside of real-life practicality, you could also look at it as Leia throwing massive shade. She sent her *droid* to shut this nonsense because she couldn't be bothered to dignify this kangaroo court in person. Did they have kangaroos?

I hadn't thought of that, but it's brilliant, and so very Leia.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Like 2

Anthony Daniels said on twitter:

I was so pleased to shine briefly in the iconic Ahsoka - had such a perfect time with the lovely cast and crew on set, in the amazing Volume - and now, so touched by the kind comments from viewers who appreciated 3PO being there for the beloved princess. Thank you. Everyone.

He doesn't say if he was in the suit or not. Frankly, I've filled out over the years, it's amazing he looked the same size during the ST.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

This is now my headcanon because that's so very Leia, especially since she knows Threepio can be a bit annoying, so it's basically an insult wrapped in a curse. She not only sent her droid because she wasn't going to dignify the proceedings in person, but she also inflicted Threepio on the people involved.

Then there was the insult to droids, and you know Chopper will be cutting a bitch in a back alley.

11 minutes ago, Anduin said:

He doesn't say if he was in the suit or not. Frankly, I've filled out over the years, it's amazing he looked the same size during the ST.

Whether or not his neck is larger, he's said the suit was uncomfortable and made him feel like he was choking, so if it wasn't mo-cap, then they may have tried to make him more comfortable to get him to agree to do it. He's doing really well to have stayed more or less the same size since 1976. That's an achievement.

• Like 2

Disney and Star Wars have to bit the bullet, and recast Leia, Luke and Han for the TV versions at least. Luke and Leia would be the same age as Ezra, around 30 yrs old. Doing expensive cgi deep fakes is wasting money, as is paying Hamilton for a one time appearance. 

As for the Episode, we are back to atrocious lightsaber fights and awkward dialogue. Ahsoka of old would have been all over Baylan, she went up against Grevious. As for Ezra, I really hope he learned more than force push and pull, or else those troopers really are incompetent. No wonder Thrawn doesn’t want to waste them.

I was so hoping Shin would join Ahsoka after Baylan cut her loose, just for revenge. I mean he taught her, what was she suppose to think like, peace love and force hugs? Just a few episodes ago he’s yapping that Shin is trained for a higher purpose, and properly.

I really want to explore Ashoka’s ship, that weapons storage looked cool.

9 hours ago, FierceCritter said:

Rosario did a great job in this episode in particular. She even managed some of animated Ahsoka's facial expressions when battling, and I might have squeed a bit.

I too however thought, "Oh, man, please take off the cloak before you start fighting." I'm feeling a sort of way about that cloak like I did Cal Kestis' poncho.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952mpdgtil1op6egcxw5o

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, rtms77 said:

Disney and Star Wars have to bit the bullet, and recast Leia, Luke and Han for the TV versions at least. Luke and Leia would be the same age as Ezra, around 30 yrs old. Doing expensive cgi deep fakes is wasting money, as is paying Hamilton for a one time appearance. 

They've already recast Han (and Lando, for that matter) and while Aiden Ehrenreich is his mid 30s, he could be used here.  If people think he looks too young then just extol the virtues of a good Bacta tank.  While I'm sure a few fans will whine about it, I think most would be OK with a recast.  That other Star franchise has had multiple versions of Kirk, Spock, etc. and most complaints have to do with the writing, not the blasphemy of using new actors.

I thought Baylin's point was that Shin had ambitions to be part of New Empire or whatever all this is supposed to be called, that she wasnt going to be into what he was trying to do- which I'm going to guess is eliminate the Force altogether or some such giant reset that changes everything. Still though, you'd have thought he'd have given her a choice.

Shin would have sliced Ezra into 300 pieces, he didnt have a saber and has been living with faux turtle people for a decade. She's been training and engaged in wars that whole time and she has the same force pull/push powers as him. They really de-powered her there.

The fact the mighty Thrawn's troopers cant take out a couple people...standard Star Wars I suppose. I guess you can understand Jedis being too much but at least have Sabine where a helmet. My 8yr old said "That's pretty nice of them to aim at her small pieces of beskar."

As I suspected, the Ahsoka meets dead Anakin ep was about the notion of Ahsoka raising her fight game- but the fight with Baylin was just ok. Agree 100% on lose the cape. However Ahsoka of Clone Wars was such an elite fighter...maybe they'd have needed a double to translate that or too CGI.

Overall this series has been meh for me. Probably because I have watched CW and love Ahsoka but havent seen Rebels and find Sabine offputting, Ezra having potential but whatevs at the moment, and I could not possibly care less about Hera being in trouble, oh wait not in trouble, and am generally bored with Senate intrigue.

Oh well- hoping for a great finale at least!

ps- I think Shin reunites with Baylin.

Edited by tv-talk
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, tv-talk said:

Overall this series has been meh for me. Probably because I have watched CW and love Ahsoka but havent seen Rebels and find Sabine offputting

I quite agree with you. In my case, I have watched Rebels but it makes this version of Sabine even more off-putting 😅

• Like 4

Fezes Capes are cool!

image.png.8ffcf3d1a6e46bb9acc8c7ec0217563f.png

I agree about Sabine or rather this version of Sabine. I've watched Rebels and always liked her but the writing here let the character down. Not only by not giving the viewers any idea of who she had been during Rebels but layering that mystery with whatever happened between her and Ahsoka in the meantime. I fully understand people not liking her. What was needed was either a flashback episode or giving her less importance in the first couple of episodes. In the end she was used as plot prop and the character deserves better.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Useful 1