Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Part Seven - Dreams and Madness

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

They should have showed her wielding the dark sabre or giving it to Bo. We already have live action Bo. 

You see, now that is a great idea and seems like a big miss by the writers. I had no idea Sabine had anything to do with the Dark Sabre, let alone that she wielded it and gave it to Bo. That is pretty huge stuff that people who didnt watch Rebels could have been made aware of to fill out the character and appreciate her more. 

16 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Completely underwhelmed by hippie-dippy Ezra (so far).

Was he not hippy-dippy in Rebels? I guess 10yrs in seclusion with wanna-be turtle people will do that to a person...

6 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

Was he not hippy-dippy in Rebels?

I'd say no after Kanan sacrificed himself. It was legitimately a shock. Prior, he was kind of a typical teen that got swept up into the rebellion due to forced circumstances. Also Maul.

26 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

I had no idea Sabine had anything to do with the Dark Sabre, let alone that she wielded it and gave it to Bo.

Sabine was really put through the ringer when she was a teen. I'm of course digging way too much, but that's the point of this site. I would say that Sabine is kind of regressed for her age because of her past trauma. Not her fault at all. The wielder of the dark sabre you're basically under the mantle, or yolk, as the savior of Mandalore. She was a kid. 

Then you throw in basically her brother and best friend ripped himself out of her life. Credit to her for not blaming him, but clearly, and the show has done well here, she hadn't gotten over it. If you watched Rebels, Sabine handing over the map to Baylan was obvious. Why Ahsoka would have thought she would have destroyed the map is just patently obtuse.

I think the criticisms of Sabine here are fair, but I don't think the show is providing enough context and largely has relied on viewers knowing Rebels. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 9/27/2023 at 12:41 AM, dwmarch said:

Competent Force usage!

Was it competent force usage? Ezra and Sabine were being chased by bad guys riding beasts and Ezra doesn't really do anything. Then when they stop he starts throwing around his force powers. Wouldn't a better time to use them be when the bad guys were chasing you, to knock them off their animals. 

Also it has been two episodes now and for some reason I find that the blue colouring they use for Thrawn just looks silly.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, paigow said:

He was a teenager, impulsive and reckless.

When I think about it, he was actually not too different from Anakin, almost like he was being used as a contrast to what happened to Anakin. He could be impulsive, arrogant, and reckless, and was constantly going against the plan because he thought he had a better idea. He perhaps wasn't as gifted or powerful as Anakin, but that also meant he didn't have a lot of expectations and wasn't seen as the Chosen One. His support system was more inclined to slap him down when he got too full of himself than Obi-Wan did with Anakin. He was even tempted toward the Dark Side a few times, such as with Maul, but his surrogate family were able to pull him back from the brink. In a way, he was what Anakin might have been if he'd had fewer people talking about how awesome he was and more people telling him to get over himself. And maybe if there had been serious consequences to someone he cared about because of his impulsive actions, which happened to Ezra.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/29/2023 at 3:16 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

They should have showed her wielding the dark sabre or giving it to Bo. We already have live action Bo. 

This would kill two birds with one stone. It would provide context for Sabine as well as Bo. It would bring up what Gideon said about her not earning the Sabre in battle (Mandalorian S2E8)because it was given to her by Sabine!

• Like 2

I have to admit that I am completely underwhelmed by this show.  I have not seen Rebels and only a tiny bit of Clone Wars.  I remember being annoyed by Ashoka then.  I have no clue who Sabine and Ezra are.  I feel like I have been dropped into the middle of a story with no context as to who any of the characters are.  This is a minor annoyance on my part, but how they have Sabine in carefully marked eyebrows and that blue eyeliner/shadow,  that never runs or smears.  She is in the middle of outer space, where is she finding this stuff?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

She is in the middle of outer space, where is she finding this stuff?

Humorous answer (well, almost). Among the many things this show failed to mention is that Sabine is a talented artist and a terrific engineer. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that she developed something like Leeloo's insta make-up kit and implemented it in her vambrace 😁

image.thumb.png.6126a49249e33ed048f477d75b5794b8.png

Edited by MissLucas
  • LOL 6

I really like this version of Ezra, the casting was excellent. He really does seem like an older version of Rebels Ezra, still fun but now with a better head on his shoulders. I suspect that we will get a second season, it seems like this is a lot to wrap up in just a few episodes and they are setting up a lot that could be important to the franchise going forward. 

Now that Shin and Baylan have separated, I think that Shin might end up becoming a reluctant ally to our ragtag team, she seemed quite conflicted when Ahsoka offered to help her. Its hard to really figure those two out, they clearly aren't Jedi anymore but they don't seem to be fully Sith either, I guess we will find out when Baylan's plan is revealed. He does seem sincere about wanting to end the constant warring across the galaxy and he and Ahsoka have developed a sort of mutual respect as Jedi who still remember how things used to be and watched everything fall. Such a great final role for Ray Stevenson, it adds even more of a bittersweet quality to his character. 

I'm really glad that Hayden is getting this second chance to play Anakin, I have never thought that Anakin's issues in the prequel were really his fault. He's a talented actor but his dialogue and characterization was so bad that not even Marlon Brando at his peak couldn't save them, plus from what I have heard George Lucas struggled with directing actors, hence why so many otherwise good actors were giving such awkward performances in the prequels.  

The little hermit crab people are so cute, I adore their little suites so much. I wonder if Sabine will get to bring her wolf friend back with her, her Loth-Cat could probably use a friend. It seems like Sabine is actually getting used to using the force, she might actually not be the worst Jedi ever. 

C-3PO! It was so much fun to see him show up, put me in the camp of this not being too egregious of fanservice because it made a lot of sense. We already know that Leia is monitoring this whole situation, it makes sense that she would send a well known droid to the trail to pass her message along and that she wouldn't want to dignify this trail with her actually showing up. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

If Thrawn wasn't in the sequels, do they ever make it back to the home galaxy?

This could be the endgame for Baylan... The Crystal Skull tells him to stop Thrawn from leaving.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:32 PM, rtms77 said:

Disney and Star Wars have to bit the bullet, and recast Leia, Luke and Han for the TV versions at least.

Though I didn't care for the movie overall, Ehrenreich was ok as Solo. But the voice totally took me out of the character.

I'd prefer if LucasFilm would foot the bill for some acting lessons for Anthony Ingruber. Teach him to act and not just do an impression and get him onscreen already. Harrison Ford was majorly impressed by him in Age of Adaline.

I'm also all for Sebastian Stan as Luke.

Leia - no clue. Sure as shit not Billie Lourde. Maybe a newcomer.

• Useful 1