Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/11/2023


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

It must be challenging for the booking staff to find guests since all the actors are on strike.

Don't worry, our ladies can talk about the price of tripe & tap dance until the cows come home ... LOL.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Agree. And when Whoopi's not around, they can also talk about pop culture and the latest celebrity gossip.

well, they can talk about all that when Whoopi's there, they/we just have to endure her painfully bored looks

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
Link to comment
(edited)

Does it seem to anyone else that the panel are all kind of grumpy?  There seems to be some tension. No one seems happy to be there. Sara and Alyssa are trying too hard to be chipper and everyone else is sour. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sunny keeps saying that a Presidential candidate who is single (and we assume male) might end up with a "Ginni Thomas". Is this something we should worry about? Maybe he'd end up with an "Eleanor Roosevelt" or a "Mary Lincoln", or maybe a "Barbara Bush" - any of those women may have influenced their husbands in ways we have no knowledge of, but we don't elect First Ladies; you get what you get when you elect the President. I would imagine that politicians are well aware that their choice of mate or companion will reflect on them for good or bad and keep that in mind when they are dating someone. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, js9548 said:

With Matthew McConaughey, was Yellowstone TV show mentioned at all?

No mention.   Likely due to the writer/actors strike.  Similar to Cedric the Entertainer yesterday.  They did not mention his sitcom, The Neighborhood.   Until the strike is over, pretty much any actor we see on the View will be promoting non-acting projects.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
Link to comment
(edited)

 

3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I admit I half ass listen sometimes but did ladies mention meaning of pins they are wearing ?

They were given to them by the mother of a Uvalde victim.

I think the bigger question re candidate’s SO that they briefly touched on is why Scott would pretend to have a gf.  Why not just say he’s single?  Why lie?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny keeps saying that a Presidential candidate who is single (and we assume male) might end up with a "Ginni Thomas". Is this something we should worry about? Maybe he'd end up with an "Eleanor Roosevelt" or a "Mary Lincoln", or maybe a "Barbara Bush" - any of those women may have influenced their husbands in ways we have no knowledge of, but we don't elect First Ladies; you get what you get when you elect the President. I would imagine that politicians are well aware that their choice of mate or companion will reflect on them for good or bad and keep that in mind when they are dating someone. 

an;d i would assume the person i like for president would not value someone who would be a ginni thomas, but would see her the same way sunny does

is she saying justice thomas was a great moral man who somehow was transformed into a bad guy by being seduced by ginni? that's not how i see him

  • Like 8
Link to comment
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I love Joy but I think it's gross to put your feet on a table next to coffee cups. 🫢

That was disgusting. 🤢

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

That was disgusting. 🤢

I only take mine out when I have a pedicure. My  husband knew I should not be home or he’d have to be in the other side of the house when he cut his.  I’ve heard Joy say the same thing about Steve . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm behind. I think it's cool that despite Sunny having some traditional ways about her, she advocates for women to wait to get married and have kids.

To be clear, I think getting married young and having kids in your 20s works out great for many people. There are a lot of pros to it-easier time getting pregnant, ability to have a large family should you want one, more energy as a parent, more years on this earth with the kids, etc. I just don't like it being pushed on women!

A lot of men and women just aren't ready in their 20s. They still feel like kids themselves. Maybe they do feel grown up and have no desire to do shots or date around, but that doesn't mean they're ready to settle down either. Maybe they're working on themselves. Maybe they haven't met the right person. It could be a number of things, but I'm pro everyone do what is best for you, whether that's getting married at 25, 40, or never. :)

  • Like 8
Link to comment
11 hours ago, munchiewoman said:

I'm just amazed that Sunny equated how much money a person's worth with how intelligent they are.

Although I'll take every opportunity to come down on Sunny & her perfect family in this instance wasn't she talking about Kylie & Timothy and people saying that he was too good for just a Kartrashian because he's some sort of highbrow actor and has millions while she is just a dull Kartrashian offspring yet she has way more money & started a business that made her that money therefore she can't be stupid as people keep saying?

If I'm wrong then have at it where Sunny is concerned.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What was with Whoopi suddenly asking Alyssa if she was pregnant?!  That seems very personal & why did she say that?  Have rumors been circulating that Alyssa is pregnant?  I did not think Alyssa looked different in any way, and she seemed rather taken aback by the question. 

  • Like 2
  • Fire 6
Link to comment
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

What was with Whoopi suddenly asking Alyssa if she was pregnant?!  That seems very personal & why did she say that?  Have rumors been circulating that Alyssa is pregnant?  I did not think Alyssa looked different in any way, and she seemed rather taken aback by the question. 

That was either a stunt or a very rude exclamation by whoopi. I would not be surprised if it's the former and done to get attention for the show. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That was either a stunt or a very rude exclamation by whoopi. I would not be surprised if it's the former and done to get attention for the show. 

The View does love when a cohost is pregnant. 

I never ask a woman if she is pregnant. It's happened to me when I have absolutely not been pregnant and I didn't like it.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

That was either a stunt or a very rude exclamation by whoopi. I would not be surprised if it's the former and done to get attention for the show. 

I was thinking of it being the latter.  Whoopi not really one for stunts.  But she is one to blurt out inappropriate stuff 🙂

Everyone appeared to be genuinely stunned by the question.   

  • Like 9
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I was thinking of it being the latter.  Whoopi not really one for stunts.  But she is one to blurt out inappropriate stuff 🙂

Everyone appeared to be genuinely stunned by the question.   

Whoopi enjoys/likes to shock people, so I'm thinking it just "hopped into her head" & she really didn't have any qualms about blurting it out.  Just sayin'.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I’m getting kind of tired of Sunny making assumptions on behalf of black voters. I wish Joy was able to get across the point that Sunny was underestimating black voters but she got talked over by Sunny and Alyssa.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

My show was interrupted by the Hunter Biden indictment, so I only got to see the first few minutes. Could someone elaborate on the comment Whoopi made towards Alyssa? Were they talking about a pregnancy topic? Thanks!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

My show was interrupted by the Hunter Biden indictment, so I only got to see the first few minutes. Could someone elaborate on the comment Whoopi made towards Alyssa? Were they talking about a pregnancy topic? Thanks!

Whoopi was talking about something and then just stopped and asked Alyssa if she was pregnant.  She said she saw a glow.  Alyssa said she definitely was not pregnant.  If she announces she is in fact pregnant in the next couple months I'm going to start calling Whoopi Oda Mae because she clearly sees things others do not see.

 

8 hours ago, TimWil said:

I’m getting kind of tired of Sunny making assumptions on behalf of black voters. I wish Joy was able to get across the point that Sunny was underestimating black voters but she got talked over by Sunny and Alyssa.

Sunny is entitled to her opinion.  But she is not entitled to speak for all black voters.  It sounded like she was saying black voters only voted for Biden because he had Harris on the ticket and if she isn't on the ticket they won't vote for him in 2024.  I think and hope she is wrong about that.  And as Whoopi said Harris isn't going anywhere anyways.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Anyone else catch Anna’s shade with her statement about people getting jobs they aren’t qualified for based off their daddy’s name?   I’m 99.99% sure she was referring to SWSNBN.

There was no love lost between those two. If there was ever a poster child for Nepo Baby it would be SWSNBN.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Anyone else catch Anna’s shade with her statement about people getting jobs they aren’t qualified for based off their daddy’s name?   I’m 99.99% sure she was referring to SWSNBN.   Sunny couldn’t stop giggling 🤭

I guess their thoughts went immediately there because they worked with her, but TBH, my first thought was Chelsea Clinton.  I think of celebrities' kids' jobs in the same way I think about celebrity "authors", especially those who write children's books - they get the gig due to their name, but holding onto it requires at least some intelligence and skill. I sometimes wonder how many quietly leave those jobs at some point. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Who was Ana talking about at the end of the show who said bad things about her years ago & she kind of told them to "suck it".

Alex Diaz de la Portilla

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...