Type keyword(s) to search

S20:E9: Finale

• Start Topic

Okay, this seems like a Bachelor first, the lead sobbing during the rejection and repeatedly saying how in love with him she is. Even Mesnick waited for Molly to leave before breaking down! Jeesh! I hope for Dotun’s sake that they didn’t get engaged right away and maybe that’s why Neil is in the audience to give them the ring now.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Joey looks like a toned down Gene Wilder. I suddenly thought of him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

If we’re going Willy Wonka, he’s more Chalamet!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Diana Berry said:

Shocking surprise Joey turns down the bachelor??

Nah that was Tyler Cameron and Peter Kraus.

Jesse is really selling the crap out of this surprise, I’m intrigued.

• Like 1

So she’s saying she knew Dotun was the one 2 weeks ago? Then why did she keep saying the loved Joey? He’s about the same height on one knee.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
Just now, dizzyd said:

So she’s saying she knew Dotun was the one 2 weeks ago? Then why did she keep saying the loved Joey?

Because she was supposed to.

Aw, Dotun's hands were shaking.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

So she’s saying she knew Dotun was the one 2 weeks ago? Then why did she keep saying the loved Joey? He’s about the same height on one knee.

Yeah, I really feel like all of that sobbing and how I’ll love you forever to Joey really took the shine off of her proposal to Dotun—and I’ve really been rooting for her and Dotun! I feel like I need to forget about this entire episode and try to remember how obvious it’s been Dotun in every other episode, minus this 2.5 hours we just sat through.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, I really feel like all of that sobbing and how I’ll love you forever to Joey really took the shine off of her proposal to Dotun—and I’ve really been rooting for her and Dotun! I feel like I need to forget about this entire episode and try to remember how obvious it’s been Dotun in every other episode, minus this 2.5 hours we just sat through.

Wonder what Dotun thought, seeing that…

• Like 4

I guess they learned after Michelle and what’s his name not to give cash.  

Rachel is trying hard not to look jealous at the DWTS announcement .  

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

At this point I’m starting to think the big surprise is that both of them get engaged to Charity and they find out about the other one at the live ATFR, where she’ll decide between them based on audience applause.

With an old 50's applause meter from the days of Live TV!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I like his new haircut.

Oh I'll have to check back in (I quit at the 1.5 hour point) to check out both Dotun's better present (I was totally unimpressed by Joey's) as well as the new haircut. That's all I could look at, in a negative way, and I was an early fan of Joey. He ended up boring me in the end.

8 hours ago, dizzyd said:

so she’s saying she knew Dotun was the one 2 weeks ago? Then why did she keep saying the loved Joey?

I do NOT understand how lying about something so important is a good way to start a (hopefully) lifetime commitment.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

The first time I typed Dotun's name into my phone, it autocorrected to Donut and he's been that way ever since. Made Charity seem like she was addicted to carbs.

Mine does "Do not" which, as far as this franchise is considered, is probably good advice...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

So after all of that build-up, what was the surprise that would leave us reeling and questioning our existence or whatever?!? That the girl from Hawaii was given a card but we don’t know what the card is (other than it supposedly not being a date card)? I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m not going to be on pins and needles until January speculating on it. I’ll give you until this board runs out of steam, Jesse.

I already guessed a get out of rose ceremony free card. But my real guess is it’s a card to usurp any other person’s date. The drama that will unfold once she steals away someone else’s date!

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I don't like it when a man or woman says that someone checks all the boxes. This is not a job interview or shopping for a new car. I noticed Charity's mom used the phrase "checking all the boxes" when she talked about Dotun.

I think Dotun said that first! not a good opening gambit.  He was more nervous than Joey and less smooth/eloquent.  I am glad Charity's mom was wrong!

13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Joey looks like a toned down Gene Wilder. I suddenly thought of him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

He also looks like Carmy from THE BEAR.  And much better with the short hair.

• Like 3

I wonder how Cahrity's mother feels now.  She clearly loved Joey and was very "meh" on Dotun.  The whole meeting seemed awkward.  He came in and no one had anything to say either to him or Charity.   It seemed like all her sister could muster to say afterwards was that he seemed very smart.  I think he may just come across as pretty dorky and the sister and mom were just not seeing that vibe with her.  I did like that race does not seem to be an issue for them at all.

I really don't get why Charity said she had "no doubts" to Joey.  Then she's on camera saying she has so many doubts and she's so confused.  I feel like if she was a Bachelor, everyone would be saying how unfair she was.  I thought her last date with Joey seemed so much more natural than her date with Dotun.  Even Dotun mentioned it.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Joey, back to the stupid poem??? 

And I'm only an occasional viewer, but why do they make the second-place person go through the whole faux proposal when it isn't going to actually happen? 

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

And I'm only an occasional viewer, but why do they make the second-place person go through the whole faux proposal when it isn't going to actually happen? 

That’s up to the lead.  Charity obviously liked being flattered.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2