Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

MALE STAR OF THE YEAR

Jerrod Carmichael – Jerrod Carmichael Reality Show (HBO)

Alan Cumming – The Traitors (Peacock)

Bertie Gregory – Animals Up Close with Bertie Gregory (Disney+)

Eugene Levy – The Reluctant Traveler with Eugene Levy (Apple TV+)

RuPaul – RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV)

Gerry Turner – The Golden Bachelor (ABC)

There isn't too much that shocks me these days, but seeing Gerry in an awards category with the likes of Alan Cumming threw me for a loop! 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

He has no shame, if I were him I would be hiding out. But he is posting on Instagram about being nominated for the award. Looks like his daughter is pumping up his ego again it says "NO ONE was a bigger star than dad" 🙄

🤮

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

There isn't too much that shocks me these days, but seeing Gerry in an awards category with the likes of Alan Cumming threw me for a loop! 

And Eugene Levy and RuPaul! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I mean, Gerry did manage to convince the viewing audience that he was this heartbroken widower looking for love rather than just a sleaze looking for fame and a good lay or two, so, actor of the year!

But really, it saddens me to see him in the same category as legit performers. He's already a has been.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

"NO ONE was a bigger star than dad"

🤮🤮

Someone else beat me to my reaction, so I just doubled it because I'm sure it would take at least 2 trips to the porcelain throne anyway 😁

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

And Eugene Levy and RuPaul! 

I was about to say! RuPaul has been so influential on TV. There may be folk who don't like it, but he has broken ground no one touched. 

I have always been a Eugene Levy fan. He's a legend for me, beginning with SCTV which I wish someone would put the reruns of on some free streaming channel. 

And Gerry Turner! wah-wah... 

• Like 15
8 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I was about to say! RuPaul has been so influential on TV. There may be folk who don't like it, but he has broken ground no one touched. 

I have always been a Eugene Levy fan. He's a legend for me, beginning with SCTV which I wish someone would put the reruns of on some free streaming channel. 

And Gerry Turner! wah-wah... 

I watched SCTV too, since it's early days! Loved the show. 

• Like 7
On 5/20/2024 at 9:15 AM, boyznkatz said:

Do men watch this show, though?

I watch The Bachelor for the gorgeous women and if I like the bachelorette, I might catch an episode or two, but I’m sitting this one out! Lol

• LOL 5
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I like Joan but evidently a lot of people don't. Maybe they figured people would hate watch her?

Who knows what they think when they cast these things. 

• Wink 1
6 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Gerry is going to make a guest appearance on The Kardashians show. He is such a fame ho.

Well then I'm glad I don't watch the Kardashians. But let me guess....he makes some sort of comment to Kris about her resemblance to one of the Golden Bachelorettes 😉

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 9
On 5/25/2024 at 3:01 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

Gerry is going to make a guest appearance on The Kardashians show. He is such a fame ho.

Can someone please smack me on the back? I rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck. 😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
On 9/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, ApprenticeFan said:
  Hide contents

Filming of The Golden Bachelor has concluded in Costa Rica last Thursday. It is a short season that filming took place for 28 days in total. In time for premiere later this month.

Is Gerry still the Golden Bachelor?  If so, how could they put him on after all that?  I don’t know if I can listen to his bullshit anymore.

• Like 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Is Gerry still the Golden Bachelor?  If so, how could they put him on after all that?  I don’t know if I can listen to his bullshit anymore.

The post you quoted is from September of last year! The show aired, he got married, and got divorced since then!

Edited by deSchenke
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, deSchenke said:

The post you quoted is from September of last year! The show aired, he got married, and got divorced since then!

Wow, what a reminder of how fast that went! 

• LOL 2
On 5/23/2024 at 6:27 PM, Elizzikra said:

I like Joan but evidently a lot of people don't. Maybe they figured people would hate watch her?

Who's watching her? I'm in for the Silver Foxes and Hot Grandzaddies! 😄😉

• LOL 13

Sounds like Gerry (Indiana!) wants an FWB.  

And I trust he realizes that many of those DM dames see him as a meal ticket and/or a way to fame of a sort. 

After all, Joan is certainly parlaying her GB stint to further media exposure.  And marry or not with this second grab at the gold ring, two Reality shows can begin a whole new career for her!   

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Gerry probably idolizes Bill Belichick with his 24 year old girlfriend. 😂

But at least Bill Bellchick is actually rich…

• Wink 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

Just  catching up here,  I remember I thought he was a  cad the entire time from all my posts and got a lot of hate here and downvotes on Reddit.

I never fell for all the  fake crying and even when the sugar baby revealed all but so many still thought Gerry was a  gentleman.

Hell even now I see people blaming Theresa for the divorce.

Him and the Kardashians are a perfect match.  It was obvious he loved the  limelight and would want to milk his 15 minutes instead of settling down with just one woman.

Maybe Theresa knew the score too and maybe she too  got more time in the spotlight and maybe both of them are  okay with how things turned out.  I'm just glad they have a prenup and  3 months of marriage should just be annulled.

• Like 12

I'm a divorced woman in this age range (62), and guys like him are the reason I remain single.

The Gerry's of the world are unfortunately more prevalent than you'd think.

Guys who come across as these great dads, great husbands, successful, just missing that one special woman.  And then, turns out, they cheated, they lied about their business, and all they wanted was attention.

In the real world, this takes the form of 60+ year old men who have social media accounts full of old HS girlfriends, plus they add every Bumble date they've ever been on.  

But when they meet YOU, you're so special, so wonderful, they can't believe you weren't in their life for all these years.  But then it turns out, they're keeping all these others on the back burner, where you'll end up, once you too figure out that it was all a lie.

The last guy I dated was 60 when we met.  Funny, charming, successful, blahblahblah.  He even wanted to show me his financial statement when it came in the mail one day, but I refused to look at it, because I told him I trust him so much.  Guess what....turned out it was a paltry sum, less than one year's salary total, what was left after he had had to pay close to $1 million to a church group he had scammed after he had lost his financial planner license years before.  Of course, that last part was all hidden from me at the time.  And why was he divorced from his first wife?  Oh, just a small matter of a multi-year affair with her best friend.

But idiot me, I first saw Gerry and thought, well, ABC would have done their homework, this is the real deal.  So yeah, I fell for the tears, and I fell for the "love story".  Until I saw that glint in his eyes when Teresa revealed her financial status.  I'm like....oh wow, here's another one.  Ugh.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 2
21 hours ago, Realitystarr said:

Just  catching up here,  I remember I thought he was a  cad the entire time from all my posts and got a lot of hate here and downvotes on Reddit.

I’m sorry you got hate here from your opinion, this should be an inclusive community. He rubbed me wrong the whole time but I thought I was missing something- not I wasn’t.

You were so right about him.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

But idiot me, I first saw Gerry and thought, well, ABC would have done their homework, this is the real deal.  So yeah, I fell for the tears, and I fell for the "love story".  Until I saw that glint in his eyes when Teresa revealed her financial status.  I'm like....oh wow, here's another one.  Ugh.

As soon as Teresa mentioned her financial status I heard CHA-CHING through the TV.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

On 5/15/2024 at 1:41 PM, JudyObscure said:

Now, I'm suspicious that the GB producers wanted her for this from the time she had to suddenly go home because her daughter sounded sad.  They might have asked Jerry if she was a real contender and then talked to her about it.  Jerry has said it was Theresa from the first. (That little hand on his shoulder.)

That whole dinner where Joan said she was leaving, sounded stilted and staged to me. I could easily believe that there was something hinky involving the producers vis-a-vis a Golden Bachelorette even as far back as then. 

On 4/12/2024 at 11:34 PM, Armchair Critic said:

If the real reason for the divorce is location because Theresa wouldn't leave her job, I think in a few years when she wants to retire she would regret choosing her job. But I don't buy that location was the only reason.

No way was the location thing the main reason; it just sounded good/neutral to Bachelor Nation. I heard that on the Ashley Eyelashes and Ben Higgins podcast "Almost Famous", Ben said that he had heard that the reason they broke up was basically a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back conversation: they were driving along and passed a large and pretty plot of farmland with a small lake. Treesa said something about how the land should be used for housing so more people could enjoy it, and Gerry replied something like "You don't take away a farmer's land."  If that was true, and I would definitely believe it was, I think it was the culmination of them actually getting to know each other as fully-formed people with divergent viewpoints, rather than as the two-dimensional characters that they knew on the show.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:11 AM, seacliffsal said:

Their body language during Joey's final episode was very telling-when they knew the cameras were on them they were all lovey-dovey, but when the cameras caught them in candid shots there was definitely a change in their body language (leaning away, not smiling, etc.).  

On 4/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, kristen111 said:

You’re right.  I saw that.  When the camera went on them, she gave him a kiss out of nowhere.

And when the camera wasn't on them but we caught a glance, she looked like she was in a hostage situation!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Ben said that he had heard that the reason they broke up was basically a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back conversation: they were driving along and passed a large and pretty plot of farmland with a small lake. Treesa said something about how the land should be used for housing so more people could enjoy it, and Gerry replied something like "You don't take away a farmer's land."

Maybe, but I find it a bit too convenient that it makes Gerry sound like somebody with a principled character.

• Like 4