Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Riskiest Season Yet

• Start Topic

The 18 reality titans from "Big Brother," "Survivor," and "The Amazing Race" are shocked to learn that they are competing amongst six legendary veterans from MTV's "The Challenge"; a new twist puts multiple players at risk at the first elimination.

Air date: August 10, 2023

Michele got a shit ton of airtime in the premiere. I won’t complain, even if she’s far messier than she ever was on Survivor. Damn it, I was hoping she would get along with Jonna and Wes.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Like 1

How are Fessy, Josh and Paulie not "Vets" when they have been doing The Challenge for years?

I stopped watching The Challenge before it stopped being just RW/RR people.   Where did the 3 non-RW vets come from?

Tyler and Angela broke up?  What happened?  He couldn't stand to be away from during All Stars.

Do they have a hard time getting Amazing Racers to sign up for this or do they just not ask them?  I prefer to think it's the former because AR cast real people more often than not who aren't interested in switching careers to Professional Reality Famewhore.

I still don't remember Desi from her Survivor season but I'm glad she got to come back this year because going out thanks to Enzo was a pretty big slap in the face.

Paulie Califorie:  From Pie Baking Boy to Grown Ass Man.  A man that dresses like Fred Flintstone on a Cabaret Crawl. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Maverick said:

How are Fessy, Josh and Paulie not "Vets" when they have been doing The Challenge for years?

i think it’s because their original show wasn’t on MTV. Fessy, Josh and Paulie came from CBS to MTV.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1

Amanda is so useless.  She may be a vet, but she almost single handedly caused her team to lose by not remembering the symbols.   

I also hate cliff hangers, but the next episode is Sunday, so we don’t have to wait long.   

• Like 5

The first interview is with Paul and he’s whining about shit that happened years ago and I already hate this season.

Swap Amanda with Cassidy and blue would be perfect.  I adore Chris, not only because the way he won Survivor caused people to LOSE THEIR MINDS.

Luis grew on me during his TAR season so hopefully the hopper spits out John’s name and Luis goes Beast Mode and wins the elim.

• Like 5

So does the winning team nominate just 1 female next week? And then everyone votes a female? Because they could just keep eliminating males (I assume it will be a male name pulled from the hopper this time). 

Love the show and the main one too. But very tired of seeing Tori and Johnny. At least we didn't get Jordan again. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Maverick said:

I stopped watching The Challenge before it stopped being just RW/RR people.   Where did the 3 non-RW vets come from?

Tyler and Angela broke up?  What happened?  He couldn't stand to be away from during All Stars.

Do they have a hard time getting Amazing Racers to sign up for this or do they just not ask them?  I prefer to think it's the former because AR cast real people more often than not who aren't interested in switching careers to Professional Reality Famewhore.

I still don't remember Desi from her Survivor season but I'm glad she got to come back this year because going out thanks to Enzo was a pretty big slap in the face.

Paulie Califorie:  From Pie Baking Boy to Grown Ass Man.  A man that dresses like Fred Flintstone on a Cabaret Crawl. 

Paulie seems more like a mod Barney than Fred.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Lamima said:

So does the winning team nominate just 1 female next week? And then everyone votes a female? Because they could just keep eliminating males (I assume it will be a male name pulled from the hopper this time). 

Love the show and the main one too. But very tired of seeing Tori and Johnny. At least we didn't get Jordan again. 

I was happy to see Tori and Johnny and Wes.  I like the three of them.  

Good first episode! 

Josh is still as punchable as ever.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Good episode, though this series is known for going downhill . . . sometimes at a 90-degree angle.

Looks like BMP blew most of its budget on the statues and The Hopper. Surely, it can’t be rigged, right? I have my doubts. I like the concept of voting and blind luck playing a part in thinning out the herd, but the possibility shenanigans is always there.

32 minutes ago, Cherry Styles said:

Josh, Josh, Josh. I don’t love to hate you. I don’t hate you. I pity you. Seriously, unless he plays a perfect game, BMP will make him look like an idiot every time. And the sad thing is that he knows that’ll happen, but he comes back anyway.

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

First of all, HA! Secondly, I wouldn’t give him ideas. We’d wind up with cosplay featuring Cara Maria as a sexy Wilma, and that might be too much for people to take.

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

I think it’s both. I’m not dense enough to consider TAR to be the polar opposite of The Challenge, but there’s not enough “buzz” around it . . . probably because CBS doesn’t run it as regularly as their other reality shows. Speaking of which . . . two hours of Big Brother? I don’t want to wait until 10 p.m., missing What We Do In The Shadows in the process. And I’m not tuning in for Cirie Fields. I don’t like her that much.

Tyler’s hair and hat annoy the shit out of me.

Why was Fessy wearing his jacket like it was too big for him? Eh, it’s Fessy. Hopefully, he’ll get bounced sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

I spent half the day yesterday looking for this on Paramount only to realize this morning that it's actually airing on OG CBS. [Sigh]

8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Amanda is so useless.  She may be a vet, but she almost single handedly caused her team to lose by not remembering the symbols.      

Yes. Amanda is useless except for the irrational drama she brings. And what was her team thinking leaving it to just one person to remember the symbols. They should have had at least 2-3 people on symbols for this exact reason. Major fail on their part. 

1 hour ago, Cherry Styles said:

all-of-this-pointing.gif

19 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Looks like BMP blew most of its budget on the statues and The Hopper. Surely, it can’t be rigged, right? I have my doubts. I like the concept of voting and blind luck playing a part in thinning out the herd, but the possibility shenanigans is always there.

I was about ready to take a bat to the Hopper in my mind, but I think I might love it now that the picks are completely by chance and the probabilities based on how many people voted for you. i was originally very confused about how the voting and balls and all that would work. (I'm honestly surprised so many of them understood it!) Red team was dumb to spread their votes out. If they had all chosen the same person, anyone who was voted for on the red team would stand a better chance on not getting pulled. 

9 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I thought it was much better than season 1.  

I agree.  I wonder if it because they brought in some experienced competitors, and not just the six, rather than filling it up with newbies.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Why was Fessy wearing his jacket like it was too big for him? Eh, it’s Fessy. Hopefully, he’ll get bounced sooner rather than later.

When he came into the house after the challenge with his T-shirt sleeves rolled up to his shoulders, I actually said "shut up, Fessy's sleeves" out loud.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I agree.  I wonder if it because they brought in some experienced competitors, and not just the six, rather than filling it up with newbies.  

It's because they brought on Amanda for irrational drama as @luckyroll3 eloquently put it 🤌🏾💋 and Michele's dramatic ass; and Josh's emotional ass; and Wes and Johnny's ridiculous asses.

Didn't take any time for Josh to swear on his family's life.

• LOL 3

Wes basically said what is obvious to viewers and should be obvious to all the other challengers, that they should be trying to eliminate the vets first.

The secret vote resulted in a lot of ping pong balls (actually they're sized more tennis balls but they're hollow like ping pong balls) for Wes and Bananas.

So it seems like at least some of the non-vets have a clue.

They don't say where in Croatia but it looks like they shot in the winter, maybe late fall or early spring.  They could have a grueling final without the heat.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Speaking of which . . . two hours of Big Brother?

No, just 1. Repeats of Young Sheldon and Ghosts are on in the 8-9 hour.

19 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I spent half the day yesterday looking for this on Paramount only to realize this morning that it's actually airing on OG CBS. [Sigh]

It's also on Paramount and apparently uncensored. I think I'll start watching it on there.

I know Bananas has been around for nearly two decades, but has anyone from the show ever point blank said what his appeal is? At least the other vets are funny, messy, and/or charming, but I find Bananas to be as charismatic as a toadstool. And no, I don’t consider someone entertaining just because they’re attention-seeking or gimmicky. What am I missing with him? 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
45 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I know Bananas has been around for nearly two decades, but has anyone from the show ever point blank said what his appeal is? At least the other vets are funny, messy, and/or charming, but I find Bananas to be as charismatic as a toadstool. And no, I don’t consider someone entertaining just because they’re attention-seeking or gimmicky. What am I missing with him? 

Drama and pranks.

No one else was putting glitter on Tony’s face and riling Tony up.

No one else was putting unscrewing a toilet seat and putting on an inflatable and setting it off on a lake.

No one else dramatically asked Rogan for “permission” to vote Dee into elimination in a way that made my entire jaw drop.

Just name a few things…

He’s messy. That’s his appeal. He’s messy AF.

Oh!  That reminds me.  I am not huge Josh fan, but I really dislike Bananas--so I was pretty amazed that Josh did the "welcome" toast in the house, which usually Bananas hogs.  Or maybe he did one also and they didn't edit it in.  I hope that's the case.  I think there was a lot of truth behind his "pretend" aggro at not getting picked before Wes or (gasp) Corey!  

(I always maintain that the difference between Wes' and Bananas' braggadocio is that Wes is always a bit tongue in cheek.  And I've watched all along, and I remember when he was sort of the chump, and even agreed to be filmed in some sort of promo thing where he was quite chump-like with Kenny and some others being the, well, non-chumps.  Wes is good at delivering these self-aggrandizing lines seriously, but I think he still remembers his chump days, heh).

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I always watch on Paramount Plus. Much better with no commercials and uncensored.  I always thought it was dumb for this show to be censored on MTV in the first place yet when they used to post those clips or unseen moments they would be full swearing.  Like you are on cable. but whatever, that is another issue for another time.

I wish they would go back and uncensor the old seasons too. 

On 8/12/2023 at 7:21 PM, AntFTW said:

Drama and pranks.

No one else was putting glitter on Tony’s face and riling Tony up.

No one else was putting unscrewing a toilet seat and putting on an inflatable and setting it off on a lake.

No one else dramatically asked Rogan for “permission” to vote Dee into elimination in a way that made my entire jaw drop.

Just name a few things…

No one else deprived "the girl next door" of $125,000.  

The anonymous "I know what you did" notes, pre-written in a feminine hand by his sister even before he departed for the show.  Brilliant!  

He's also quite intelligent, has a quick wit and a clever tongue, not to mention a great instinct for what plays well on camera.   He may act out in the house, but most of the time he carries himself like a professional in the competitions.  He never fails to congratulate his opponent when he loses, owns his mistakes and doesn't make excuses, even when he's been humiliated.

Sorry, I really like the guy.  Wes, too.   And Jordan.   Most of the vets, actually.  

• LOL 1