Type keyword(s) to search

S02.09: There Goes The Neighborhood

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Well she certainly has multiple millions. Shouldn't come as that much of a surprise when you look at how loaded Big was and where she lived with him while still keeping her apartment on the side.

Apologies, because I’m sure this has been discussed at length, but HOW loaded are they all supposed to be? I’m a Texan with little understanding of NY real estate, but I watch home tours on design sites, and I’ve never seen anything like Harry & Charlotte’s apartment. What is that? Like 5k square feet in Manhattan? An attorney can afford that? Or is this a little unrealistic & just more fun to watch? 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, RedInk said:

Apologies, because I’m sure this has been discussed at length, but HOW loaded are they all supposed to be? I’m a Texan with little understanding of NY real estate, but I watch home tours on design sites, and I’ve never seen anything like Harry & Charlotte’s apartment. What is that? Like 5k square feet in Manhattan? An attorney can afford that? Or is this a little unrealistic & just more fun to watch? 

Charlotte got her apartment, a classic six, from her divorce agreement with Trey, who had promised the apartment to her. Bunny fought her because the apartment had been in the family but in the end she had to back down. So Harry didn't have to pay for it. Not sure what a classic six on Park Avenue (?) goes for but they certainly aren't cheap.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The Gramercy Park house had four bedrooms, I am guessing a kitchen and some bathrooms but we only see a living room and I guess the dining room and a hint of a staircase and she has access to show it to her friends and Aiden...nobody was curious to see upstairs or the kitchen or even a powder room?

Studying old houses is a bit of a hobby for me - I posted about Sonja Morgan’s townhouse remodel (which took place way back when she and OMM were making it their marital home) in the RHoNY thread. They put a multi-story addition on the back to create the second floor kitchen you see on the show and converted what I assume were once front bedrooms into huge bathrooms.

I have to look through my New York books when I get home and see if there is anything on the real life place Carrie bought. I mean we know it was a set but I’m still really curious about it!

• Like 3
On 8/11/2023 at 4:14 AM, bilgistic said:

In what world (I know which one, but still) does a person have free rein to go in and out of an apartment they are considering buying? In real life, you must be accompanied by a real estate agent and often have to make an appointment to see the home listed for sale. Source: have owned a condo and went house hunting earlier this year.

I mean Seema is her agent. I could see her making an exception for Carrie.

On 8/11/2023 at 3:19 PM, luna1122again said:

Really? He has NONE of Taika's signature weird charm. 

Agreed. Also if you want Taika Waititi, why not cast Taika Waititi? I'm sure he would be up for a small guest spot.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I mean it's only two that we know off. And both weren't some randos. It's not like she's selling it for a nickel at the docks.

Ha! This actually made me laugh out loud and I agree. 

Lily is the more mature of the two IMO. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, RedInk said:

4 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Charlotte got her apartment, a classic six, from her divorce agreement with Trey, who had promised the apartment to her. Bunny fought her because the apartment had been in the family but in the end she had to back down. So Harry didn't have to pay for it. Not sure what a classic six on Park Avenue (?) goes for but they certainly aren't cheap.

Carrie might have had the biggest come up(in this case a wealth transfer from her husband) but Charlotte certainly had the quickest!

Wasn't she supposed to have come from wealth to begin with? so she came farther up. How long had she been married to Trey... a year, when she got the apartment worth millions?

She famously said "oh, I  paid for that apartment!"

🤔😯🤔huh?

and Samantha always seemed to be rolling in dough, as well. Even her young actor boyfriend Saint Smith Jarrod bought her a $50,000.00 diamond ring just because when he became a big movie star.  Samantha who  accidentally found herself with a real blessing: a totally devoted beyond handsome man who only had eyes for her and stuck with her through her cancer illness and sexless periods (due to decreased hormones) and wanted nothing more than to be with her and only her... just broke it off with him at 49 to concentrate on her relationship with herself.

Yeah, I KNOW. Not everyone is the marrying kind... but come on!!!

No wonder so many people move to NYC.. lol

Can you imagine the odds of just one of these four people experiencing such good fortune?

Oh, and someone familiar with the NYC bar scene stated if Scout remained open for 20some years and  through the pandemic and all, it and Steve would be well known and uber successful. So there you have it; everyone who moves to NYC becomes rich and successful beyond their wildest dreams [Yes, I know Steve came from Queens.]

Miranda, an attorney who could afford to buy her own apartment and to have full time live in help (Magda) must have been the poorest of the bunch!

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Some posts have been removed regarding Gramercy Park, which had become tangential to the actual episode.

Let's keep it to the episode and the characters, and not New York locations and fellow posters.

Carry on.

I’m relieved Lisa is pregnant because I was sure that was where Nya’s story was heading.  If the writers have any balls and any sense of what is going on in the country these days they will have Lisa have an abortion. The pregnancy doesn’t appear planned, she and her husband a seem to have adjusted their careers around school age children, and health risks increase as you get older. But I’m also not sure I’d trust the writers with a weighty, topical story line like this. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

It’s a landmark steeped in nearly 200 years of history and tradition. The people who live around the perimeter are responsible to pay the annual fee for its maintenance and upkeep, not the city. That’s what private park means. It’s their collective garden that they pay for. 

Thanks for enlightening me. I had no idea.

One thing I find strange about this show is that the Seema character, who's supposed to be the new Samantha (as if!), never shows any skin. Now the first time Nya gets a lover, we see lots of skin. Not complaining, she's a beautiful woman. I just wonder about the different treatment some actresses seem to get... 

31 minutes ago, maddie965 said:

Thanks for enlightening me. I had no idea.

One thing I find strange about this show is that the Seema character, who's supposed to be the new Samantha (as if!), never shows any skin. Now the first time Nya gets a lover, we see lots of skin. Not complaining, she's a beautiful woman. I just wonder about the different treatment some actresses seem to get... 

Maybe the actresses had stipulations put into their contracts in terms of how much skin they are comfortable revealing, etc. That may explain the discrepancies among the actresses.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Readingallnight said:

I’m relieved Lisa is pregnant because I was sure that was where Nya’s story was heading.  If the writers have any balls and any sense of what is going on in the country these days they will have Lisa have an abortion. The pregnancy doesn’t appear planned, she and her husband a seem to have adjusted their careers around school age children, and health risks increase as you get older. But I’m also not sure I’d trust the writers with a weighty, topical story line like this. 

They won’t do this.  Look what they did when Miranda got pregnant with Brady.  They talked about abortion but ultimately didn’t do it.  It was clear the writers definitely wanted a baby storyline for her, even though a baby made no sense for the character.  (Was CN pregnant in real life and that’s why they did this?).   I think they wouldn’t have written a pregnancy for Lisa if they didn’t want an actual pregnancy/baby storyline.   This isn’t a realistic or political-minded show, and they love the drama.  What could be more dramatic than a new baby for someone who doesn’t want one?  

• Like 3
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe the actresses had stipulations put into their contracts in terms of how much skin they are comfortable revealing, etc. That may explain the discrepancies among the actresses.

I assume that’s the case. Not every actor is comfortable with nudity. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, T Summer said:

🤔😯🤔huh?

Oh Charlotte paid alright, just not in money.  Trey obviously agreed when he decided she should get it. 

As my mom used to say, "Whether you marry money or make it yourself, you still work for it."  Haha.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

(Was CN pregnant in real life and that’s why they did this?).  

She wasn't! Nixon was actually pregnant - along with SJP - during the no-pun-intended aborted fifth season, aka when Miranda had 'baby fat.'

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh Charlotte paid alright, just not in money.  Trey obviously agreed when he decided she should get it. 

As my mom used to say, "Whether you marry money or make it yourself, you still work for it."  Haha.  

I mean, Trey agreed, yes. But did Charlotte really go through any struggle in her marriage to Trey that millions of other women haven't experienced? Or was she stuck dealing with the consequences of marrying a "good on paper" man too quickly without having a discussion about what they both wanted out of the marriage? She also admired Bunny at first, without realizing that the same qualities that she admired in Bunny would be the same qualities that would make her a terrible MIL to deal with. 

Anyways, I liked this episode. It felt like there was a good balance of screen time between old and new characters. Not really interested in where things are going with LTW and family though. You mean to tell me they didn't snip, snip after their 3rd child? Or did she think she was already in menopause...I vaguely remember a storyline last season about Charlotte and menopause but couldn't remember if LTW had gone through it yet. I always assumed that LTW was a little bit younger than Charlotte/Miranda/Carrie. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
42 minutes ago, mstar1125 said:

I mean, Trey agreed, yes. But did Charlotte really go through any struggle in her marriage to Trey that millions of other women haven't experienced? Or was she stuck dealing with the consequences of marrying a "good on paper" man too quickly without having a discussion about what they both wanted out of the marriage? She also admired Bunny at first, without realizing that the same qualities that she admired in Bunny would be the same qualities that would make her a terrible MIL to deal with. 

Well, she paid in the sense that her perfect dream marriage (or so she thought) went up in flames. I know she was probably being catty with that remake, but the fact that Carrie spent the whole episode acting like Charlotte's obvious hurt and struggle breaking up at Trey--a marriage that she really did want and try to fight for--was nothing compared to her self-inflicted wounds of breaking up with Aidan (whom she never wanted to marry) and possibly losing her apartment (because she couldn't stop spending money on her precious shoes).

Anyway, I really hope Steve's in the finale because Miranda hasn't had enough of a reckoning like the showrunners promised us she would. Then again, I couldn't trust their word any further than I can throw them.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I know she was probably being catty with that remake, but the fact that Carrie spent the whole episode acting like Charlotte's obvious hurt and struggle breaking up at Trey--a marriage that she really did want and try to fight for--was nothing compared to her self-inflicted wounds of breaking up with Aidan (whom she never wanted to marry) and possibly losing her apartment (because she couldn't stop spending money on her precious shoes).

This was yet another reason Carrie was my least favorite. Everything was always about her.  A trait she continues to have on AJLT. 

2 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

It was clear the writers definitely wanted a baby storyline for her, even though a baby made no sense for the character.

I think they thought they could get milage out of Miranda being pregnant and not wanting to be and Charlotte wanting to be pregnant and having fertility issues.   But I see no upside of having LTW having an unplanned pregnancy.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, mstar1125 said:

Anyways, I liked this episode. It felt like there was a good balance of screen time between old and new characters. Not really interested in where things are going with LTW and family though. You mean to tell me they didn't snip, snip after their 3rd child? Or did she think she was already in menopause...I vaguely remember a storyline last season about Charlotte and menopause but couldn't remember if LTW had gone through it yet. I always assumed that LTW was a little bit younger than Charlotte/Miranda/Carrie. 

Trey was impotent =  Charlotte PAID for the apartment.  (I don’t think she meant it literally, but it’s a funny line, you have to admit.)

Edited by Rebecca berkowit
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I heard  it as:  you marry for money and you earn  every penny 😄

Why do you think Charlotte said oh, I paid for that apartment? (if you care to answer)                               

How did Trey go from someone who sheepishly handed Charlotte a prenup while shopping for  china saying: "Prenuptial agreements. Totally standard. Everyone in the family has one. You sign on page four or something. Feel free to have your lawyer look it over." ...

Miranda said while reviewing the prenup:

"This is unusual. He has you on a vesting schedule. For every five years you're married, you get a percentage of $500,00
- Over 30 years. - Maybe that's your wholesale price.
If you have any boys, you'll get another 100 grand clean and clear."    

and then Charlotte took Miranda's suggestion and negotiated it up to a million with Bunny just before the wedding?

...To suddenly wanting  to handle the matter himself and "promising" Charlotte the multi million dollar apartment that was owned by the McDougal family... for being married to him for just one year?

because Trey had an  E.D. / psychological  issue? I'm not getting it.

because she quit her job in anticipation of becoming pregnant and  removed the duck decoys and plaid  from the apartment and added a dust ruffle and wallpaper (which she likely didn't lift a finger doing herself, except to dial the phone)?

• Like 8

If Che was being responsible, she would take the kittens to the shelter so they can get health checks, shots, and spayed/neutered before being put up for adoption.  

The seduction scene with Ravi and Seema was all kinds of creepy.  It was so poorly written, I assumed it was Seema's sex dream. She has also now screwed up her reputation with a colleague.  I know she's supposed to be our Samantha replacement, but this was very badly done. 

• Like 6

It does seem like they are setting things up for the Aidan / Carrie relationship to break up because of Aidan's kids, specifically Wyatt.  They seem to be hinting that he is on the spectrum.  That or he has an anxiety disorder.  One way or the other, Aidan should have prepped Carrie with info on his kids prior to their meeting.  However, with the terrible writing on this show, it will be a shock to her. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Anyway, I really hope Steve's in the finale because Miranda hasn't had enough of a reckoning like the showrunners promised us she would. Then again, I couldn't trust their word any further than I can throw them.

You are going to die when you see the promo for ep10!  [up now] Miranda says something like I don't want to be the person who throws  exes away anymore...

and she's referring to Che!

apologies... I didn't see that a couple of posters commented on the Trey/Charlotte apartment thing as my computer is acting up. I remember how Charlotte sounded saying oh, I paid for that apartment and  I didn't hear a bit of mirth in it.

As has been pointed out, some of that was probably ire directed toward Carrie when she said you didn't even have to pay for your apartment...

but still😮

If a man I spent one year married to gave me an apartment in NYC worth millions of dollars, I would refer to that as an unbelievably generous act.  I could never see and never want to see anyone act so entitled.

How vulgar.

• Like 2

IDK what they'll do, but I'm having trouble picturing LTW in maternity wear!

Lets hope the typists don't go the usual route for unexpected, ill timed TV pregnancies... which would of course be for nature to take it's course and remove the need for making difficult choices 🙄

Could she have had a false positive pregnancy test? I know way back in the dark ages (late 70's), it was a thing.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It does seem like they are setting things up for the Aidan / Carrie relationship to break up because of Aidan's kids, specifically Wyatt.  They seem to be hinting that he is on the spectrum.  That or he has an anxiety disorder.  One way or the other, Aidan should have prepped Carrie with info on his kids prior to their meeting.  However, with the terrible writing on this show, it will be a shock to her. 

I really wanted to see Carrie meeting the boys. 14, 17 and 20? Two or possibly all 3 would still be living at home with Aiden, at least part of the time. What if they're all like Wyatt, or worse?

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If Che was being responsible, she would take the kittens to the shelter so they can get health checks, shots, and spayed/neutered before being put up for adoption.  

Agreed.  

I see Che as a completely disrespectful person in general including bringing a kitten into Carrie's apartment without Carrie's knowledge and then just foisting on it her to adopt without thinking (or apparently caring)  there is probably a reason Carrie doesn't already have a pet. 

Che never cared that Miranda had to get up early when they stayed up all night partying with friends in the apartment rather than go somewhere else.  

Che had no problem fingering Carrie's good friend while Carrie was recuperating from a hip replacement 20 feet away.   

And Che certainly doesn't respect the rules of their building or their neighbors by running a AirB&B out of their apartment. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Agreed.  

I see Che as a completely disrespectful person in general including bringing a kitten into Carrie's apartment without Carrie's knowledge and then just foisting on it her to adopt without thinking (or apparently caring)  there is probably a reason Carrie doesn't already have a pet. 

Che never cared that Miranda had to get up early when they stayed up all night partying with friends in the apartment rather than go somewhere else.  

Che had no problem fingering Carrie's good friend while Carrie was recuperating from a hip replacement 20 feet away.   

And Che certainly doesn't respect the rules of their building or their neighbors by running a AirB&B out of their apartment. 

Look, I’m not a big Che fan.  But Che works at a vet’s office, I believe that’s where the kittens were taken originally.  Presumably they were examined/treated there.  I don’t think Che found the kittens in the street.  Maybe I’m remembering it wrong.  

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

Look, I’m not a big Che fan.  But Che works at a vet’s office, I believe that’s where the kittens were taken originally.  Presumably they were examined/treated there.  I don’t think Che found the kittens in the street.  Maybe I’m remembering it wrong.  

That is correct.  However Che should not have taken animal into someone else's apartment.  Carrie could have a cat allergy.  Or maybe just not like animals in her apartment. But Che doesn't have a history of respecting boundaries in Carrie's apartment. 

• Like 8
Just now, bluegirl147 said:

That is correct.  However Che should not have taken animal into someone else's apartment.  Carrie could have a cat allergy.  Or maybe just not like animals in her apartment. But Che doesn't have a history of respecting boundaries in Carrie's apartment. 

I'm fairly sure employees and volunteers in animal clinics are not allowed to just remove animals that have gone through intake and take them to a friend's home (unless said person is an already cleared member of a foster program and even then, the foster has to agree to take in another).

Just more examples of the typists having no clue how the world works at its most basic.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, TakomaSnark said:

Just more examples of the typists having no clue how the world works at its most basic.

They don't care.  And that is why the writing has really suffered.  It's like they have taken a rough outline of what was going to happen this season and filled it in with random things.   Any one of us here could write better episodes.

• Like 8

In regards to Aiden's ex asking Carrie not to write about the sons, that's completely valid.  

I'm from Canada and we had a Mommy Blogger write a book about her relationship with a man and his two teenage daughters.  She completely trashed the entire family and of course, everything was from her side of view and she made them sound like monsters even though I'm sure they were just normal kids. 

• Like 5
19 hours ago, T Summer said:

You are going to die when you see the promo for ep10!  [up now] Miranda says something like I don't want to be the person who throws  exes away anymore...

and she's referring to Che!

apologies... I didn't see that a couple of posters commented on the Trey/Charlotte apartment thing as my computer is acting up. I remember how Charlotte sounded saying oh, I paid for that apartment and  I didn't hear a bit of mirth in it.

As has been pointed out, some of that was probably ire directed toward Carrie when she said you didn't even have to pay for your apartment...

but still😮

If a man I spent one year married to gave me an apartment in NYC worth millions of dollars, I would refer to that as an unbelievably generous act.  I could never see and never want to see anyone act so entitled.

How vulgar.

Oh, absolutely. When directed at Carrie, Charlotte's "Oh, I paid for that apartment" is well justified. It's just when taken on its own, out of context, that it sounds obnoxious and entitled. But, let's be honest, the plights of these two women are nothing compared to any average person. They all acted entitled much of the time. 

19 hours ago, T Summer said:

IDK what they'll do, but I'm having trouble picturing LTW in maternity wear!

Lets hope the typists don't go the usual route for unexpected, ill timed TV pregnancies... which would of course be for nature to take it's course and remove the need for making difficult choices 🙄

Could she have had a false positive pregnancy test? I know way back in the dark ages (late 70's), it was a thing.

LTW would crush maternity wear. I believe there are certain medical conditions that can - rarely - cause false positive pregnancy results, and extreme fatigue would also be a symptom in these conditions, but I hope that's not where this is going. 

19 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Agreed.  

Definitely. And will also add: 

Che never cared about getting a potentially underaged boy high at a funeral.

Che's a textbook narcissist. I still like them BETTER without Miranda as their partner, and they and Carrie have an interesting friendship dynamic, but would I want a friend like Che? NOPE. But I wouldn't want a friend like Carrie either.

• Like 3
On 8/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, RedHawk said:

When she wrote a check for something (maybe to Enid, a few episodes ago) we got a glimpse of her checkbook

Who in this day and age still carries around a chequebook? Is Carrie 85 years old?

On 8/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Seema having sex in that apartment she was showing is one thing but getting in the bed and treating it like it was hers, just no, that is the sort of thing that could ruin a career. 

What is with these people not being able to keep their pants on for one second? I get being horny, but doing it in a house you’re showing as a realtor (in the bed!) or dropping trou at a house party in a kids room. So tacky.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I love Charlotte's apartment in present times and I loved it when it was Trey's and had darker/more masculine decor. I always thought Charlotte was super bratty about the redecorating. Yes Bunny was interfering but that seems to be part of life and they played up the meddling mother-in-law cliche. Frances Sternhagen was hilarious as Bunny.

My take on Wyatt is that he is on the autism spectrum and/or is neurodivergent because Kathy referred to him as "our puzzle". Except that the puzzle piece to symbolize autisim/asd isn't really used any longer. I wouldn't expect the writers to be aware of that /eyeroll

As a side note, last night I watched the original Miranda pregnancy / Carrie and Aidan breakdown 2.0 episodes. My favorite line is Aidan saying she wouldn't even wear his ring on her f*cking finger. I'm just not buying Carrie in present day suddenly deciding that Aidan is her man. Especially with the way they have him behaving. Those behaviors were a lot of what she couldn't stand about him the first two times they tried to be together.

It occurred to me that for Carrie the writers might be drawing from Candace Bushnell's Is there still Sex in the City.  It's been a while since I read it, and I wasn't terribly impressed at the time. I don't know if I want to slog through it again.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Shermie said:

Who in this day and age still carries around a chequebook? Is Carrie 85 years old?

I carry a checkbook and I'm not 85. I don't really write checks at stores like I used to using them only to pay some bills (I have autopay on some). But I do like to have it "just in case" when I'm out.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I carry a checkbook and I'm not 85. I don't really write checks at stores like I used to using them only to pay some bills (I have autopay on some). But I do like to have it "just in case" when I'm out.  

I also carry a checkbook.  There  have been times I've been in a store and the card reader has been down. I don't carry cash so I wrote a check.  And there are in fact some places that do not accept cards. If I pay my property taxes in person I have to write a check.

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

My take on Wyatt is that he is on the autism spectrum and/or is neurodivergent because Kathy referred to him as "our puzzle". Except that the puzzle piece to symbolize autisim/asd isn't really used any longer. I wouldn't expect the writers to be aware of that /eyeroll

You mean the writers wrote something half assed.  Again.  Shocked I tell you. I'm just shocked.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I also carry a checkbook.  There  have been times I've been in a store and the card reader has been down. I don't carry cash so I wrote a check.  And there are in fact some places that do not accept cards. If I pay my property taxes in person I have to write a check.

You mean the writers wrote something half assed.  Again.  Shocked I tell you. I'm just shocked.

I always carry cash too. I remember on 9/11, I had to buy gas and none of the stations in my area where taking card or check, just cash. You never know. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

No stores around here take cheques anymore, and I live in a rural area. It’s cards or cash. I tap for most purchases, but always have cash for roadside stands, garage sales, craft shows, etc. but even some of those take e-transfer or use the square. I keep one cheque in my wallet just in case, but it sits there for years. I find it hard to believe that a place as progressive as New York still accepts cheques. Maybe it’s an American thing. ::shrug::

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/13/2023 at 5:42 PM, T Summer said:

Carrie might have had the biggest come up(in this case a wealth transfer from her husband) but Charlotte certainly had the quickest!

Wasn't she supposed to have come from wealth to begin with? so she came farther up. How long had she been married to Trey... a year, when she got the apartment worth millions?

🤔😯🤔huh?
[snip]

When Charlotte said, "Oh, I paid for that apartment!" she was referring to having to put up with Bunny MacDougal as a mother-in-law!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Yup. I'm 50 and still have checks. My doctor's office accepts no other form of payment as one reason.

So, there is still a need...

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yup. I'm 50 and still have checks. My doctor's office accepts no other form of payment as one reason.

So, there is still a need...

I have checks but I hardly ever use them, I do Venmo/Card for everything.   If I were in Carrie’s situation, I would’ve asked Enid if there was a website where I could donate.  I’m lazy like that.  

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I love Charlotte's apartment in present times and I loved it when it was Trey's and had darker/more masculine decor. I always thought Charlotte was super bratty about the redecorating. Yes Bunny was interfering but that seems to be part of life and they played up the meddling mother-in-law cliche. Frances Sternhagen was hilarious as Bunny.

As a side note, last night I watched the original Miranda pregnancy / Carrie and Aidan breakdown 2.0 episodes. My favorite line is Aidan saying she wouldn't even wear his ring on her f*cking finger. I'm just not buying Carrie in present day suddenly deciding that Aidan is her man. Especially with the way they have him behaving. Those behaviors were a lot of what she couldn't stand about him the first two times they tried to be together.

It occurred to me that for Carrie the writers might be drawing from Candace Bushnell's Is there still Sex in the City.  It's been a while since I read it, and I wasn't terribly impressed at the time. I don't know if I want to slog through it again.

I did not pick up on the puzzle thing being related to autism at all.  I just thought the kid was difficult.  Every family has one, and they’ll tell you who it is.  It’s usually a kind of a chicken-egg problem, which came first, the kid being difficult or them describing him that way.  That’s what I’ve noticed.  I didn’t think they intended to keep Aiden around long enough for his kid to get his own autism subplot.  I thought the mere fact that he HAD kids and had to spend some time with them would be the dealbreaker for Carrie.  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

A person found  the kittens in a box by their apartment and took them to the vet's office that Che works at.  The other person working there said they needed to be brought to the shelter a few blocks away.  The shelter would be prepared to do an intake and, if they are healthy enough, prepare the kittens for adoption.  Che works at a private veterinary clinic. The clinic is under no obligation to take in the kittens, triage them, and provide shots and spay/neuter.  Che, as a receptionist/assistant, is not in a position to make the decision that the clinic would offer these services free of charge just because they were attracted to the person who dropped them off.  So, Che should have had the person take them to the shelter (which they seemed okay with doing) or taken them there.  Che had given the person the address to the shelter, then decided they could leave the kittens instead because Che enjoyed flirting with them. Then Che seemingly decides they can bring kittens to Carrie's apartment without asking.  What if Carrie was allergic? Or if the kitten's damaged something? 

I do think they are trying to write Wyatt as being on the spectrum.  I am preemptively cringing at the horror yet to come with these writers trying to write for a neurodivergent character.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

The last episode Carrie said she made a mistake in marrying Big . Then this episode she said it was a wonderful marriage . She makes my head spin.

To be fair, I think she asked Miranda (?) if Big was a mistake. I guess she decided he wasn’t.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, RedHawk said:

When Charlotte said, "Oh, I paid for that apartment!" she was referring to having to put up with Bunny MacDougal as a mother-in-law!

Absolutely.  The Trey marriage was something from 1950, really.  Bunny wanted to set up Charlotte to marry her ridiculous son because it checked every box and she figured Charlotte would be up for it, for the status as much as the money.  But Charlotte always wanted to be married with a lot of sex, which Trey couldn't provide, possibly because of mommy issues (my take). She definitely didn't want to have to be a society wife on salary, essentially, with no hotness in the marriage.  She's ok, IMO,  I mean I can't say I wouldn't put my doggie in Burberry if I had the money.

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, yellowjacket said:

Absolutely.  The Trey marriage was something from 1950, really.  Bunny wanted to set up Charlotte to marry her ridiculous son because it checked every box and she figured Charlotte would be up for it, for the status as much as the money.  But Charlotte always wanted to be married with a lot of sex, which Trey couldn't provide, possibly because of mommy issues (my take). She definitely didn't want to have to be a society wife on salary, essentially, with no hotness in the marriage.  OG Charlotte - she's ok, IMO,  I mean I can't say I wouldn't put my doggie in Burberry if I had the money. 

But the capers the current writers/"typists" have made for Old Charlotte - thundering through a bomb cyclone to deliver a condom to her kid - come on, NFW.

• Like 3
On 8/10/2023 at 8:16 AM, tennisgurl said:

A new character I do hope sticks around? That adorable kitten.

Same here!

Ugh, Charlotte… did you really have to put the dog in Burberry for the portrait? 

Charlotte’s endless mental gymnastics to maintain denial about Lily and Brady having sex were laughable, but not in a good way. Like, after having to find condoms for her with the other guy (whose name I’ve already forgotten), she really wants to think Lily wouldn’t go there? At least she finally knocked it off in the end.

Best line of the episode: Charlotte wonders what if Lily married Brady, and Harry says “She could do worse”! (I just love Harry. Sometimes he seems like the only character with any common sense.)

Lisa is pregnant… that was telegraphed pretty hard by the second time she fell asleep.

So is Carrie going to sublet her old place to Lisette? I was initially thinking maybe she should sell it to Miranda. BTW, while I understand Miranda’s frustration with not being able to use the bathroom while Nya was having sex, I couldn’t help thinking: It’s not your apartment, Miranda, beggars can’t be choosers.

• Like 2
On 8/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, Surrealist said:

I was wondering if Lisa thinks she's pregnant, but is actually going through menopause.

I’ve been through both. Menopause didn’t make me constantly sleepy, only the first trimester of pregnancy did that.

• Like 1
On 8/10/2023 at 6:24 PM, luna1122again said:

I liked Kathy. She def seems like a better match for Aidan, but that's not always what works. I hope her boyfriend is Berger! J/k

The actress playing Kathy has been married for years to the actor who played Berger!  You probably already know this though! 

• Like 2
On 8/10/2023 at 7:14 PM, bilgistic said:

In what world (I know which one, but still) does a person have free rein to go in and out of an apartment they are considering buying? In real life, you must be accompanied by a real estate agent and often have to make an appointment to see the home listed for sale. Source: have owned a condo and went house hunting earlier this year.

The apartment likely had a combo lockbox with a key inside and Seema gave Carrie the combo because she is not a stranger and there is no worry for vandalism.  Lock boxes are pretty common on vacant listings, but only given out to special clients.  (Former Beverly Hills realtor here!).  

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
On 8/10/2023 at 6:55 PM, txhorns79 said:

SJP also looked prettier, to me, than she has in either season.

I also think she looks prettier this season than the last one.  I don’t think she has had any plastic surgery, but maybe just a little Botox and filler, strategically placed.  She looks less saggy and jowl-y than last year.  And, her hair is less grey … more blonde.  It makes a difference.  I wish Kristin Davis would remove some of her fillers and look normal again.  I mean … the other original stars look basically the same and really good, only a bit older, while Charlotte has a whole new face.  It was so disappointing to see that she didn’t try to rectify this for the second season.  Fillers are dissolvable and, if she was saggy, she could have had a mini facelift!  Anything!  Every time I see her face, I cringe!   

• Like 2