Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh my goodness -- I've switched to NBC, and Sarah Jessica Parker's dress and hair are, um, interesting.  I think the dress would be better without the giant sleeve things.

Now, Viola Davis looks great -- that's how you do yellow, Natalie Portman!

Edited by Browncoat

Winona's dress is Viktor & Rolf? I expected more something.

1 minute ago, Chas411 said:

Thandie Newton looks absolutely gorgeous.

I love Thandie Newton too! She looks amazing and  that dress is really cool.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Ruth Neggas dress is awful and I feel like she borrowed Portmans stick for up her ass.

Thandie Newton looks absolutely gorgeous.

I think both of them were nervous.  Interesting how we always assume the woman is stuck up but never the man.  I do the same thing too often.

• Love 2

Nicole and Keith seem to be in a competition to see which of them can fuck with their faces more. She's beating him in longevity but he seems to be  winning in quickness division. Her dress is horrific and her hair is too, but I feel like both her hair and dress is always horrific.

Where the hell do they have Al Roker? An alley behind a bar? 

• Love 4

I wanted to love Keri Russell's dress (I'm one of six people who wants her to win tonight) but that animal print wasn't doing it for me. She's usually so reliable too when it comes to fashion. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I think both of them were nervous.  Interesting how we always assume the woman is stuck up but never the man.  I do the same thing too often.

I agree with you.  I like Ruth Negga a lot and I think she looked beautiful.  She's new to the awards show game and deserves a break.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Both of them came off as humourless. There's lots of guys I think take themselves too seriously also. It's not a sexist thing - Michelle Williams I believe comes off as genuinely nervous. I just find she came across more likeable.

5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Octavia Spencer looks interesting.  Don't know if I like her outfit.

She looked uncomfortable in it. It's a tad too tight and the jacket a tad too short. She shouldn't have to tug at a custom piece. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

She looked uncomfortable in it. It's a tad too tight and the jacket a tad too short. She shouldn't have to tug at a custom piece. 

It definitely didn't fit like a custom piece. In contrast, Guiliana looks like she's swimming in hers to me.

I thought Thandie Newton looked flawless. Naomie Harris looked fabulous, I thought. 

I don't mind Nicole's dress except for the sleeves that are hanging over her hands.  She often looks so washed out, though.  I hope she and Keith are happy -- she deserves it after being married to Cruise.

• Love 3

I can't believe Milie is only 12....

12 year-olds shouldn't be wearing strapless gowns.  I guess the illusion fabric was her parents' recognition of that fact.

• Love 1

I'm watching the NBC coverage. Savanna Guthrie recently had a baby and yet looks so thin. Jenna Bush has a bubbly personality but I still get pissed how she has no qualifications but got that job, especially since her family made so much hay back in the day that Jenna was going to be a teacher.

• Love 1