Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/19/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 19 — “The View” celebrates Juneteenth; Keke Palmer (KeyTV; “Big Boss”); Melba Wilson; performance from CeCe Peniston, Robin S. and Deborah Cox

Tuesday, June 20 — Cynthia Nixon (“And Just Like That”)

Wednesday, June 21 — Matthew Broderick (“No Hard Feelings”)

Thursday, June 22 — Wanda Sykes (‘Wanda Sykes: I’m an Entertainer”); Co-hosts Favorite Things Under $50: Summer Edition

Friday, June 23 — The Political View with 2024 Republican presidential candidate Miami Mayor Francis Suarez (R-FL); Dermot Mulroney (“Marvel’s Secret Invasion”)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
46 minutes ago, js9548 said:

Please explain

This show doesn't book A-list stars anymore.  They rarely get the lead for a movie or show, only the supporting actors/actresses and sometimes only the people that play minor characters (even for the Disney+ shows, which is really bad considering that Disney also owns ABC).  The lead on "And Just Like That" is Sarah Jessica Parker (who is married to Matthew Broderick) but she's not going to bother with this show.  Instead, they're having Cynthia Nixon on who's the third lead and really unpopular with fans right now.  Matthew Broderick is a supporting character in his movie (No Hard Feelings), so he's coming on to promote it because there's no chance Jennifer Lawrence (the movie's lead) will.  

So while Sarah Jessica Parker is doing well enough in her career to not come on The View (which at this point has kinda become Dancing With the Stars.  If you're appearing on here, you're either a minor celebrity trying to move up or a former star on your way down), Matthew Broderick apparently is not and I figure that's kinda got to suck for him.  Especially since he's appearing the day after his wife's co-star.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

SJP has been on the show in the not to recent past or am I misremembering?  Scarlett Johansen is a less than somebody too?  I don't watch much, only the parts where a guest interests me.  So I watched part of Matthew Broderick and some of ScarJo

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

This show doesn't book A-list stars anymore.

They had Michael B. Jordan this past Spring.  They had Sigourney Weaver a couple times.  They do get some A listers.  But it has been years since they got people like Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks. I think Barbara probably was the reason they had a lot of the stars in the past. 

they're having Cynthia Nixon on who's the third lead and really unpopular with fans right now. 

I don't care to hear anything she has to say.  She has been incredibly insulting when discussing her character's "evolution" on AJLT and fan's reaction to it. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

They had Michael B. Jordan this past Spring.  They had Sigourney Weaver a couple times.  They do get some A listers.  But it has been years since they got people like Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks. I think Barbara probably was the reason they had a lot of the stars in the past. 

I would agree that Walters gave the show its prestige and without her, the big names rarely come on here anymore.  When they do, it's either to promote a smaller project that no one really cares about or because they're friends with Whoopi. 

• Like 3

I don’t dislike Alyssa. I feel that I really dont know her yet. But I cannot give her credit for calling trump unfit after the insurrection. Sure, better late than never, but did she not  see everything he did up until then?

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

That was such a dumb topic but why wouldn’t you want to celebrate your husband’s promotion even if you didn’t like the restaurant?  That’s just being petulant to refuse. 

• Like 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That was such a dumb topic but why wouldn’t you want to celebrate your husband’s promotion even if you didn’t like the restaurant?  That’s just being petulant to refuse. 

Today is my granddaughter's first birthday.  My daughter in law asked if I would like to go out with them to celebrate this evening.  They chose a restaurant I do not like.  Am I going?  Of course I am.  That is what you do for people you love.

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Like 14
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I never watch Hot Topics, if I watch at all it's a celebrity interview.  Sometime while I'm making dinner I think maybe I should play Hot Topics and then I see posts like this about Hot Topics, and I'm very glad I don't.  I'd be throwing things at the TV!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

The interview with Trump and comments on it - IMO, listing all the names that Trump called people is unlikely to shock him into some self-reflection (like, "Holy cow - I am a jerk!") - best follow up question would be to ask why anyone would support him knowing his habit of turning on people in a very obnoxious way. I've never heard anyone ask him that. 

About the boxes and clothes, etc. - It sounds silly, but there were way too many boxes in those pictures for the number of top secret / confidential documents that he needs to return. The rest of the boxes - it is possible that they are filled with random stuff like clippings, etc. and maybe even some golf wear although that seems like the kind of thing that you do if you are moving yourself and you're running out of time - just shove everything into a box and tell yourself that you'll sort it out later (I know, because I've done this). Question is, why didn't he have more professional movers/packers, and doesn't Mar a Lago have better storage options than guest bathrooms??

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Holy moley, Sunny actually paid Alyssa a compliment!

I do think they are both making an effort to at least appear like the get along.   I appreciate the effort ladies!  Hope it lasts 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
42 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Question is, why didn't he have more professional movers/packers, and doesn't Mar a Lago have better storage options than guest bathrooms??

Im guessing its because he didn’t think he was moving?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7

In regards to Alyssa's "pre-game" eating before a date and Sunny saying it's a good idea.  Am I the only one who never cared about how much I ate on a date?  There are certain foods that can sometimes give me an upset stomach, so I avoided those but other than that, I ate just as I normally would.  I don't know who these woman are who are trying to starve themselves on dates.  

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

In regards to Alyssa's "pre-game" eating before a date and Sunny saying it's a good idea.

Of course Sunny thinks it's a good idea. Her husband hasn't seen her without makeup.

11 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I don't know who these woman are who are trying to starve themselves on dates.  

Young women hearing things like that are why some young women develop eating disorders.

• Like 11

In regards to Alyssa's "pre-game" eating before a date and Sunny saying it's a good idea.  Am I the only one who never cared about how much I ate on a date?  There are certain foods that can sometimes give me an upset stomach, so I avoided those but other than that, I ate just as I normally would.  I don't know who these woman are who are trying to starve themselves on dates.  

I never pre-ate so I appeared to "eat like a bird" on a date, but there are definitely some foods I would avoid (even if I loved them) because there are too many opportunities to look klutzy or sloppy (spaghetti or long noodles with red sauce, ribs, lobster in a shell for example). At least early in a relationship, trying to keep from getting food on my clothes was a high priority. :-) 

2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Hah! That could explain it. And having insulted everyone, it was probably hard to convince "friends" to come help him move at the last minute. 🚐

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I've never seen such a 180 turn as when Sunny started playing nice with Alyssa.  It's like night and day.  I'm guessing the producers must have had a talk with her after seeing how the majority of viewers on social media were taking Alyssa's side and bashing Sunny for being so mean to her.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

6 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I never pre-ate so I appeared to "eat like a bird" on a date, but there are definitely some foods I would avoid (even if I loved them) because there are too many opportunities to look klutzy or sloppy (spaghetti or long noodles with red sauce, ribs, lobster in a shell for example). At least early in a relationship, trying to keep from getting food on my clothes was a high priority. :-) 

Ugh, food is part of why I don't enjoy dating!

There is the pressure to not eat everything off your plate because supposedly that's not ladylike. Then if you have anxiety or just aren't a big eater, you might look like a boring date or that you don't like your food. 

I'm vegetarian, so that already complicates things. Then you try to avoid the stuff that can upset your stomach. Try to avoid food that's messy. Try to avoid food that gives bad breath. There aren't always a whole lot of options! 

If it were up to me, everyone just eat whatever! 

• Like 4

Sorry, Alyssa but the Inflation Reduction Act is working. Inflation is still too high at 5ish%, but that’s so much better than it was over the past couple years. Quit with the misinformation.

The panel needed to repeat that the Hunter Biden prosecutor and judge are both trump appointees. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sorry, Alyssa but the Inflation Reduction Act is working. Inflation is still too high at 5ish%, but that’s so much better than it was over the past couple years. Quit with the misinformation.

And THIS is why I will never like her. She may come off as more pleasant, "nicer" and not as combative, but underneath all that, she's all about misinformation (if it doesn't suit her team) and what aboutisms, even when there's no there, there.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5

Sunny - The Titanic sinking was not a "social experiment" - at that point, social boundaries were clearly and strictly delineated and that made it hard for anyone, ship's crew or even passengers, to imagine doing the rescues without prioritizing the first-class passengers, even if the lifeboats weren't completely full.  That is just the way society worked then. However much we may feel that we live with classism, it is far freer than it was back then. 

I've been fascinated by the Titanic ever since I first learned of it in school (3rd or 4th grade, I think). There's just something about the combination of the mystery (until Robert Ballard located the ship), the tragedy of the lives lost, and the glamour and elegance of the ship lost due to the hubris and greed of human beings. I could never afford to visit the ship, and certainly the risk of the effort is off-putting, but if there was a safer and cheaper way to see it for myself, I'd love to see it. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 6/20/2023 at 11:05 AM, 2JEWELL said:

There are tons of professional movers doing the move out and move in for the transfer of presidents.  I’m assuming he took the document boxes separately or earlier himself to keep.  Unless he had documents scattered all over his dressing room, no way the movers packed them in with golf shirts.  He took them and knew exactly what they were and where they were going…essentially hidden in mar a lago.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Unless he had documents scattered all over his dressing room, no way the movers packed them in with golf shirts.  

That would be another national security violation. Yikes. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Hmm, I didn't see Sunny the past few days as being noticeably different than in the past? At least imo, she's always been polite to Alyssa even if it's clear to all that she doesn't like her--politeness is really all Alyssa is owed. To me Sunny's comments yesterday only spotlighted Alyssa's ambition more or less, lol, which, well, we already know she's that between working there and then jumping ship when it was most convenient for the sake of future career opportunities like The View. I thought it was funny when Joy cut in already knowing what Alyssa's explanation for what her thought process would be in being a part of it all yesterday morning when they were talking about the Bret Baier interview, it was that predictable and calculated.

To me, Sara is transparent in the way she goes wherever she thinks power resides these days and it's hard to un-see it once you notice. She always steps in to shut down anyone who says anything that might even vaguely disagree with Alyssa (or you might as well say Teta, Alyssa is his mouthpiece, imo) or Whoopi, even if it means defending something random like how Whoopi brushed off criticism of the wife they were talking about in the fluff topic as supposedly not liking the restaurant based on nothing yesterday. So I was happy when Joy did the same thing back to Sara today during the discussion of the toxic mouthpiece accused of rape when Sara tried to deflect to some kind of mental illness maybe being in the guy’s family, please. I guess that’s why I prefer Sunny to Sara, Sunny gives the same opinions when they’re unpopular to say as when they’re popular and takes the hit for it, whereas Sara changes based on the needs of the day.

I laughed at Joy making fun of all the legal notes. Most of them are necessary, I'm sure, but sometimes it feels like there being so many of those as well as constant "corrections" aimed at only certain members of the panel (Whoopi, Joy, Ana, Sunny) and never someone like Alyssa or Sara--noticeably Sunny is the only one who ever corrects them like with the inflation numbers today, if they are corrected on the show at all--means it's more about the EP trying to police certain views expressed on the show in preference of others. Still, I do enjoy the show most of the time, but last season was better with just the 5 admittedly. It really is a shame Joy and Ana can't both be on the show every day, they're far and away the most entertaining ones here.

10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

45 minutes talking about the "price of tripe" & no Matthew Broderick ... Bummer!!!

Cynthia Nixon wasn't there yesterday either. That's two days the written guest didn't show.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

I need to catch up on this forum, so I apologize if this question has been asked.  WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH JOY'S MAKE-UP ??

I do have a new television (55") and I'm shocked, ah say, shocked...at how especially awful the eyeliner appears.  I love her, but I want the make-up artist called out. FoghornSHOCKED.thumb.jpg.6e0c27174d9e5d53396cc8ea287491c4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

she's always been polite to Alyssa

You may have missed some episodes as Sunny has become increasingly dismissive of Alyssa, not even looking at her when speaking to her.  It came to a head on the June 7 episode, where Sunny was the epitome of rudeness and a condescending attitude towards Alyssa.  Then, this week, boom--a 180 degree turn.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Okay, okay...I know that Sunny is the smartest, prettiest, wealthiest, most talented, kindest, best educated, best Catholic, best dressed co-host on The View ... IN HER MIND!  Does she really have to wear a Dolce & Gabbana dress that literally spells out the designers' name on her chest?  Is she a paid spokesperson...or a wannabe?

image.png.9816ad014d4cedab9c1ad140fef47e76.png

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

You may have missed some episodes as Sunny has become increasingly dismissive of Alyssa, not even looking at her when speaking to her.  It came to a head on the June 7 episode, where Sunny was the epitome of rudeness and a condescending attitude towards Alyssa.  Then, this week, boom--a 180 degree turn.  

My bolding. Even without speaking, the look on Sunny's face always broadcasts her true feelings about Alyssa.  I'll have to watch closely to see a change.

That said...re Andrew Tate: I wonder what the boys in Sunny's car said when they were released.  She probably provided a long diatribe on "real men" she truly believes  they "took to heart," but it's probably one more time when friends feel sorry for Gabe.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:08 AM, Haleth said:

That wife is probably tired of attending company events, having to be pleasant to various assistants who "worked late" with her husband-- who fake-smile "knowingly" when they see the wife.  She should have thought of a better excuse.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, lookeyloo said:

Scarlett Johansen is a less than somebody too?

I know it's sarcastic..she's definitely a SOMEBODY.     

10 Most Popular Hollywood Actresses in 2023

• Jessica Chastain
  • Jennifer Lawrence
  • Elizabeth Olsen
  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Saoirse Ronan
  • Michelle Yeoh
  • Zoe Saldana
  • Emma Stone

Sorry...I got caught up in this research:  The world's highest-paid actress in 2018 and 2019, she has been featured multiple times on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list. TIME named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2021. Her films have grossed over $14.3 billion worldwide, making Johansson the highest-grossing box office star of all time. She has received various accolades, including a Tony Award and a British Academy Film Award, in addition to nominations for two Academy Awards and five Golden Globe Awards.

• Useful 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

That wife is probably tired of attending company events, having to be pleasant to various assistants who "worked late" with her husband-- who fake-smile "knowingly" when they see the wife.  She should have thought of a better excuse.

Seeing as how they got the topic from reddit, I highly doubt it was a real situation.  People make stuff up on there all the time on the AITA forum (Am I The A-hole?) and for some reason, this show keeps discussing these obviously fake posts as if they were relevant in any way.  

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 4
On 6/20/2023 at 11:39 AM, Snapdragon said:

In regards to Alyssa's "pre-game" eating before a date and Sunny saying it's a good idea.  Am I the only one who never cared about how much I ate on a date? 

I didn't  "get it" for most of my teenage years.  The only thing I remember is if we went "inside" to eat* I asked to sit next to my date.  I was worried about the way I might eat or chew--sitting next to him, he couldn't tell.  *We mostly went to car-hop-type drive-ins.

• Like 1
On 6/19/2023 at 1:41 PM, lookeyloo said:

SJP has been on the show in the not to recent past or am I misremembering?  Scarlett Johansen is a less than somebody too?  I don't watch much, only the parts where a guest interests me.  So I watched part of Matthew Broderick and some of ScarJo

I don't remember Scarlett Johansson being on the show anytime recently (though I don't watch regularly). When was that?  And what was she promoting?

(edited)
14 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Every time Whoopi shows us how bored she is, I know its time to check out. If they can’t hold her interest, they can’t hold mine.

I'm the opposite...whenever she shows me how bored she is (which happens TOO OFTEN), it's time to give her a giant retirement party.  The others are good sports and play along with all the ridiculous topics the producers choose as "current and interesting" because they (the producers) have no respect for their audience.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Nah, I've watched daily since Joy returned in 2015 except for Monday's this season I tend to speed through. I just don't agree is all.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:
9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

45 minutes talking about the "price of tripe" & no Matthew Broderick ... Bummer!!!

Cynthia Nixon wasn't there yesterday either. That's two days the written guest didn't show.

Does anyone know what happened? MB was advertised yesterday as being the guest today. Also, does anyone know if the show still doing covid testing? 

(edited)
8 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

He took them and knew exactly what they were and where they were going…essentially hidden in mar a lago.  

Totally agree. I am just sarcastic most of the time on this forum . 

Edited by 2JEWELL
big thumbs
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I'm the opposite...whenever she shows me how bored she is (which happens TOO OFTEN), it's time to give her a giant retirement party.  The others are good sports and play along with all the ridiculous topics the producers choose as "current and interesting" because they have no respect for their audience.

I wish!!

I go from feeling uncomfortable for the rest of the panel to wishing one of them would call her out on it.  Then I end up annoyed that someone could be so blatantly rude. From her coworkers to the audience.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I don't remember Scarlett Johansson being on the show anytime recently (though I don't watch regularly). When was that?  And what was she promoting?

My mistake. I thought I was in the Kelly and mark thread!

• LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My mistake. I thought I was in the Kelly and mark thread!

Ooooo!  I might venture there if it was the Mark thread...but I can't consider it with Mrs. Consuelos.

One of several Whoopi-isms that annoys me...all her "Deja Vu comedy comments," wondering why she feels like she's been here before.  We all know she means that, although the co-hosts have all changed outfits, the audience (and their clothing) are sitting there for a second show.  It may have been "interesting" to hear her say it the first time; thereafter...I was just as bored as she acts.

How often are two shows taped with the same audience?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Fridays are always pretaped but I didn't know if they have the same audience or bring in a new one for taping #2.  I guess the "deja vu" joke means it's the same audience.

Edited by Haleth