Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Drama for Yo Mama

• Start Topic

When Kenya continues to keep her halftime performance at the Magic City Classic football game a secret, the other ladies become restless and full of questions; Marlo and Monyetta don't see eye to eye.

Airdate: 06.04.2023

• Like 3

The comments seem to support the article I saw that the ratings for this one are declining. 
Marlo is trying too hard. She’s mad, she’s not mad, shes slamming a door, she’s lifting the group in prayer….etc.  
Mama Joyce has never forgiven Kandi for picking a man who didn’t come into the marriage wealthy, a professional athlete, a successful musician or someone famous. It doesn’t matter that Todd seems like a decent husband and is father to two of her grandchildren. I think it would do Kandi good to cut Mama Joyce out for awhile. 
I can’t see Sheree gifting anything from She by Sheree. 
The trip was a waste. The flu coming on like that was a little suspect. I wonder if there was ever a halftime show scheduled for Kenya.

• Like 11
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
48 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Mama Joyce has never forgiven Kandi for picking a man who didn’t come into the marriage wealthy, a professional athlete, a successful musician or someone famous. It doesn’t matter that Todd seems like a decent husband and is father to two of her grandchildren. I think it would do Kandi good to cut Mama Joyce out for awhile. 

Mama Joyce is just awful and Todd deserves to be treated with respect. Kandi really needs to shut her out. It is not fair to Todd and bad for their marriage.

This season is awful.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Mama Joyce continues to be a shitty human...I think she is pissed that Todd exists in Kandi's world meaning less money for her inheritance which is nuts since nature's order is Mama first then Kandi but I do not think Mama Joyce thinks logically. Also, Todd is a self made man (just like her daughter), I think he has more than a few coins in the bank, MJ needs to ask herself how many coins does she have that she made herself and didn't get handed from her daughter.

Marlo is grasping at straws, the anger, the praying, the fact that she was drunk when they were in the hotel lobby after banging on Kenya's door is not a surprise. 

Sanya actually leaving was good, there was nothing left for her to do in Birmingham, she does not suffer from FOMO so good for her!

1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

The trip was a waste. The flu coming on like that was a little suspect. I wonder if there was ever a halftime show scheduled for Kenya.

Kenya has done things before where there was no "there," there so I am not surprised by her nothing sandwich in Birmingham. Sheree's telling of how the EMT's were in the hallway seemed like she had to be told after the fact there were EMT's in the hallway, like she had no idea what was going on because if she did and was really a friend she should have volunteered to go to the ER with Kenya.

BTW, I checked the Magic City Classic website, they had a Battle of the Bands scheduled for a half time show, no mention of Kenya Moore Hair Care Dancing.

So the ladies get ready to head back to Atlanta, are they taking the bus, what about Kenya, how will she get back? Also, they had to order Uber eats for breakfast because the kitchen was closed...once again Kenya cannot feed her guests! Seriously, Bravo not arranging breakfast for the women seems sad.

My take away from this episode is Kenya is a terrible host and all these women didn't really want to even go on this trip.

Also, someone please tell Todd there was a movie called Hall Pass from 2011 with Owen Wilson, maybe he should have done a little research.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Adding thoughts.
  • Like 14
  • LOL 1
53 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

But the reality is that if a man showed up who made as much or more than Kandi (think Jermaine Dupree), Mama Joyce would be talking about how Kandi needs to make sure that man never leaves her. And she would absolutely have been living in their house and demanding that she get more/be treated better than his own mama. The fact of the matter is that Joyce has always been about Joyce when it came to Kandi's relationships. She doesn't care about how her actions impact those children.

As for the tone of the season - it seems all of the franchises are suffering from the same thing. No one wants to watch the sniping and mean comments when they aren't attached to real drama. No one I know watched Vanderpump Rules, but when that dude with the ugly mustache cheated on his wife/girlfriend folks tuned in - in droves. Everyone knows that the Marlo/Kenya drama is made up by them to assure that they show up in the trailer for the episode and continue to justify their existence to production. Because it's not real or organic, it comes across as what it is, juvenile arguments where everyone is in the wrong. 

• Like 17
(edited)

I love that Kenya's whole event blew up in her face. Dragging all the ladies to Birmingham without telling them she was doing a half time performance shows how deranged she is. Would have been funny if everyone went to the bathroom or concession stand during half time, because they didn't have any knowledge of her performance. 

I'm not interested in therapy sessions with Joyce. That woman is wired wrong and Kandi has shown no ability to  speak directly to her mother. Kandi probably chose therapy to learn how to get better control over Joyce, because Joyce doesn't care about anything but money and she's too resistant to change.

Although I agree with her that going to strip clubs is unacceptable, her daughter is the head of a sex toy company, the host of Kandi Koated Nights, is the founder of those sex orgy shows and she and Todd do threesomes. Now Todd is doing a production called Pass. Those two are equally insatiable and it's useless to gauge where their sex obsessions with take them.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2

I think it’s great that Ace takes out the trash. It’s not like he’s dragging trash bags down the middle of a busy parking lot to a dumpster in an apartment complex. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Axie said:

I think it’s great that Ace takes out the trash. It’s not like he’s dragging trash bags down the middle of a busy parking lot to a dumpster in an apartment complex. 

I swear I didn't think that Mama Joyce was literally describing garbage and I thought she was the trash that should be removed from the house.

Also I would suspect that there is a full time housekeeper and other maintenance staff in the Burrus/Tucker household so neither Todd nor Kandi is taking out the trash or performing any other household duties. And why should they since their time is worth much more than the cost of domestic workers.

If Blaze is doing any household chores it is because they are being good parents and trying to bring him up with some sense of being grounded and not a wastrel.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Although I agree with her that going to strip clubs is unacceptable, her daughter is the head of a sex toy company, the host of Kandi Koated Nights, is the founder of those sex orgy shows and she and Todd do threesomes. Now Todd is doing a production called Pass. Those two are equally insatiable and it's useless to gauge where their sex obsessions with take them.

I have no problem with two adults doing any of that and the adult toys and the (stupid) Kandi Koated Nights are money makers for her. Threesomes are something that they do together so nobody is cheating on each other, if that what their relationship needs and they know what is important between them, so be it.

My biggest issue is that Kandi is a people pleaser when it comes to her mother who is a narcissist and always needs an enemy which we know is Todd. Kandi has to learn how to break the cycle so maybe the therapy will help and of course that will be on camera which is unfortunate.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My biggest issue is that Kandi is a people pleaser when it comes to her mother who is a narcissist and always needs an enemy which we know is Todd. Kandi has to learn how to break the cycle so maybe the therapy will help and of course that will be on camera which is unfortunate.

Mama Joyce was playing by the Naricist Handbook:

1. Gaslight Kandi that it's Todd doing something wrong

2. Threaten to "never come around again"

3. Make Kandi feel bad even though Mama J is the one acting ratchet

If Todd is George Jefferson then

The Jeffersons Dancing GIF

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

Marlo needs to go away. She’s a psycho bitch. She’s trash, but not even entertaining trash she’s just fake and irritating to watch.

What is Kenya doing with this whole trip. This shit is so weird like what am I watching. Kenya is crazy and is she losing it or something because keeping her mediocre half time gig secret doesn't make it better lol. Then she has to go to the hospital and checks out and doesn’t even tell anyone? Like what the fuck prob the lamest girls trip they’ve had on a housewives show.

Courtney can go away too.

Kandi does need to stop disregarding Todd and his projects. 

Housewives having a life coach is such a boring storyline that has been done 500 million times. No one cares. Especially stupid Marlo having one.

Drew and Ralph still really suck. They always do.

Ugh Mama Joyce. I don’t wanna see that bitch on my tv. She can’t just be a normal person and be nice to Todd or at least stop dragging him in public. She’s trying to act like Todd is trash like what is Joyce she’s a damn crotchety old bitchy leech. I can’t stand her. Who actually finds her bitch ass comments funny.

Previews look maybe a bit better but probably not lol.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I watch w my 23yo daughter who is in the hotel biz....when the EMT's went up to Kenya's room, AND KNOCKED.  Daughter screamed that there is NO WAY hotel staff wouldn't accompany the EMT's to either1)  just stand there while the guest answers the door (if they're able) and 2) key card them in if the guest cant get to the door.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

The entire trip was so weird--the mystery halftime show, getting kicked out of an event because Kenya/Bravo didn't clear for production and cameras to attend, the women just floating around afterward, the door knocking/cussing, and finally the ER trip for Kenya.  Sanya was so smart to leave early. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I watch w my 23yo daughter who is in the hotel biz....when the EMT's went up to Kenya's room, AND KNOCKED.  Daughter screamed that there is NO WAY hotel staff wouldn't accompany the EMT's to either1)  just stand there while the guest answers the door (if they're able) and 2) key card them in if the guest cant get to the door.  

I had to call 911 when I was at a hotel in Miami, it was two years ago, I had food poisoning so bad but will spare you the horrible details...I called 911, then called the front desk to warn them about the arrival of an ambulance, the front desk person came up with the EMT's, I was able to answer the door but glad to see there was someone there if I could not.  I spent three days at Jackson Memorial Hospital in the Presidential suite (my daughter knew someone to get me that perk). My main concern was to get out of the hotel before the breakfast service began in the lobby area because I was not looking my best and being carted out on a gurney looked nuts. 

Kenya described her symptoms as her arm was numb, she had trouble breathing, etc...but she had the flu and she said they had a hard time finding a vein so she could get an IV because she was dehydrated, was discharged from the hospital, told no one and went home?  Did she ever tell the others she was going to be performing? I got the impression she was not going to be in the stadium but in some tailgating area, anyone else think that? Also, who would hire Kenya to dance, is she a dancer? Someone needs to do a deep dive in to her story.

Why did the HW's get shown the door at that party they went to? I missed that detail.

Kenya is not good at hosting, not on a trip, not in her house, not with a fox, not in a box, not with a mouse.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had to call 911 when I was at a hotel in Miami, it was two years ago, I had food poisoning so bad but will spare you the horrible details...I called 911, then called the front desk to warn them about the arrival of an ambulance, the front desk person came up with the EMT's, I was able to answer the door but glad to see there was someone there if I could not.  I spent three days at Jackson Memorial Hospital in the Presidential suite (my daughter knew someone to get me that perk). My main concern was to get out of the hotel before the breakfast service began in the lobby area because I was not looking my best and being carted out on a gurney looked nuts. 

Kenya described her symptoms as her arm was numb, she had trouble breathing, etc...but she had the flu and she said they had a hard time finding a vein so she could get an IV because she was dehydrated, was discharged from the hospital, told no one and went home?  Did she ever tell the others she was going to be performing? I got the impression she was not going to be in the stadium but in some tailgating area, anyone else think that? Also, who would hire Kenya to dance, is she a dancer? Someone needs to do a deep dive in to her story.

Why did the HW's get shown the door at that party they went to? I missed that detail.

Kenya is not good at hosting, not on a trip, not in her house, not with a fox, not in a box, not with a mouse.

Yikes - never had food poisoning and never heard a good thing about it.  Sorry for that. :) 

Re the bolded:  The way I "overheard" what Kenya say was something like "we can stay but the cameras can't"...and the fourth wall came down and production said something like "we're leaving"  Basically, the event organizers didn't want their event on TV. and I can't say they are wrong about it.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Re the bolded:  The way I "overheard" what Kenya say was something like "we can stay but the cameras can't"...and the fourth wall came down and production said something like "we're leaving"  Basically, the event organizers didn't want their event on TV. and I can't say they are wrong about it.

The comment off camera (but picked up on a mike) was that everyone was paying attention to the HWs and no one was paying attention to the event/activities they were there to support.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1

Well, it was distracting with Marlo ordering the bottle of champagne with sparklers in it.  Probably some of the other guests wanted to know where there champagne was at.  Also, the women were loud per usual.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I watched the episode the night it aired, but I didn't post immediately because the season is boring. Does Marlo still think she is so much better than the rest of the women (I'm sure she does)? She almost slammed a door in Monyetta's face (it didn't happen because Monyetta pushed it in the opposite direction), kicked and banged at Kenya's door, and screamed at Drew. Designer clothes don't make a person.

Kenya shouldn't plan trips. She is rude anyway, but she is worse in trips. She doesn't care if her guests have proper meals, and she disappears pretending that she has to take care of her kid who has a nanny.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

All I can say is I’m surprised Mama Joyce agreed to go to therapy with Kandy what’s up with that? I can’t see her getting along with any therapist to be honest unless the therapist is in love with her. 

• Like 5
On 6/15/2023 at 8:45 AM, FizzyPuff said:

All I can say is I’m surprised Mama Joyce agreed to go to therapy with Kandy what’s up with that? I can’t see her getting along with any therapist to be honest unless the therapist is in love with her. 

She is so delusional she thought the therapist would agree with her?

• Like 2